Tndeer Logo

Page all of 3 123>
Topic Options
#3110101 - 01/05/13 07:24 AM A moral to this story.....
Bottom Hunter
16 Point

Loc: Hatchie Bottoms

One day an old man is sitting on a park bench and another man walks up and sits down. They exchange greetings.

Both men are similar in age and begin talking. They soon find out that they are both widows, alone in the world and have lots of common interests.

Before long they are making plans to meet again and have lunch, both seem to enjoy each other's company.
The next day they meet, have lunch and are making plans to do some other activities when one of the men invites the other to church the coming weekend. The man replys that he is not religious at all and would rather not, but thanked his new friend for the invitation.

The religious man seems to be amazed that his new friend is not a believer, and decides that he can't associate with him any longer....they part ways, never to meet again.

Two weeks later the non-religious man is sitting on that same park bench when another elderly man walks up, sits down and begins talking to him. Again, they soon realize just how much they have in common and are sure to become great friends. The topic of religion comes up and the new guy has the same opinions about religion as the other man, so they seem to be doing great.

The non-religious man begins to ask the new man about what he thinks about the country and politics.....

The new man replies that he does not like politics, never has and just tries to ignore the whole thing all together. He seems to have no opinion on the state of the country or how things are today.

In a fit of rage, the non-religious man stands up, tells his new friend what he thinks of someone with so little caring about his country, tells him that he doesn't think that he can be friends with someone like that and walks away, never to see him again.

There is a moral to this story, I guess. I think that I'll let you figure it out on your own..

Enjoy your weekend!!

Edited by Bottom Hunter (01/05/13 07:24 AM)

Walk away; the battle they are fighting is not with you, but with themselves.

#3110109 - 01/05/13 07:33 AM Re: A moral to this story..... [Re: Bottom Hunter]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Loc: Close to Jackson, TN

Yep... The moral seems to be that you can either

A) stand for something

B) stand for nothing at all

Our country has become so flooded with those who stand for nothing at all, that, well - the writing is on the wall. This country is headed down the crapper and there's nobody to blame but ourselves - republicans/democraps, the entire entourage played a role in our demise but at the end of the day, had this country - founded on beliefs of God - stayed on that path with God as our unity - we'd have surely stood for something that would have prevented the self indulgent non-give a rip society we are plagued with today....and in a nutshell, we'd not be falling apart as we are today.. And, as far as the man who had God and a church, he's never alone.

Edited by Kimber45 (01/05/13 07:37 AM)

#3110131 - 01/05/13 08:03 AM Re: A moral to this story..... [Re: Kimber45]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

Here's another story with a moral in it.

Several American citizens who care about their country and their rights as is listed under the US Constitution are setting around talking about the financial shape their county is in. And being hunters and gun owners they also talk about the coming new gun laws that are coming up as bills before their Congress and State Legislatures and what they can do to get in touch with their govt representatives..

Along comes an old man who has no idea what any of us are talking about. Doesn't care about the financial problems of his country and has no problem adding to them. He's also a hunter and gun owner but as long as HIS guns are ok he doesn't give a crap about any of the other American citizens and THEIR guns or THEIR gun rights.

He just goes along his merry way until he overhears the presidents name come up and how some of his politices are wrong. It Just so happens there is a "D" beside the presidents name. That old man turns around and sticks his head in defending the president with anything he can ever though none of it is on his politices. He throws in the race card as much as possible because that's all he has being totally igorance of the politices of the parties or how the govt works and how the financial markets work. He has never bothered to do any research on his own, just pick up talking points the easy way, what he hears from others in his party. The others come back at him with facts, numbers and real data from real govt agencies like the IRS and FBI. And American History.

The old man turns around and leaves calling all those other people haters and racists because he doesn't understand anything about the subjects they are talking about

There is a moral to this story, I guess. I think that I'll let you figure it out on your own.

#3110163 - 01/05/13 08:44 AM Re: A moral to this story..... [Re: Wildcat]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Originally Posted By: Wildcat

Several American citizens who care about their country and their rights as is listed under the US Constitution are setting around talking about the financial shape their county is in. And being hunters and gun owners they also talk about the coming new gun laws that are coming up as bills before their Congress and State Legislatures and what they can do to get in touch with their govt representatives..

Along comes an old man who has no idea what any of us are talking about. Doesn't care about the financial problems of his country and has no problem adding to them. He's also a hunter and gun owner but as long as HIS guns are ok he doesn't give a crap about any of the other American citizens and THEIR guns or THEIR gun rights.

He just goes along his merry way until he overhears the presidents name come up and how some of his politices are wrong. It Just so happens there is a "D" beside the presidents name. That old man turns around and sticks his head in defending the president with anything he can ever though none of it is on his politices. He throws in the race card as much as possible because that's all he has being totally igorance of the politices of the parties or how the govt works and how the financial markets work. He has never bothered to do any research on his own, just pick up talking points the easy way, what he hears from others in his party. The others come back at him with facts, numbers and real data from real govt agencies like the IRS and FBI. And American History.

The old man turns around and leaves calling all those other people haters and racists because he doesn't understand anything about the subjects they are talking about

There is a moral to this story, I guess. I think that I'll let you figure it out on your own.

\:D Home Run!

Edited by Kimber45 (01/05/13 09:02 AM)

#3110169 - 01/05/13 08:47 AM Re: A moral to this story..... [Re: Wildcat]
rdl65
8 Point

Loc: Washington County

You hit the nail on the head with this one.

#3110219 - 01/05/13 09:49 AM Re: A moral to this story..... [Re: rdl65]
Bottom Hunter
16 Point

Actually, the moral I was going for is that you should love people for what you see IN them and not for what you DO NOT see in them....

I guess you went the way you wanted. I expected as much but hoped I was wrong...

again, enjoy your weekend.

Edited by Bottom Hunter (01/05/13 09:50 AM)
Edit Reason: spelling

#3110235 - 01/05/13 10:07 AM Re: A moral to this story..... [Re: Bottom Hunter]
catman529
spiderboy
16 Point

Loc: Franklin TN

confused Online
Soon as deer season winds down BH goes back to stirring the pot again....

Good moral to the story though, BH

#3110267 - 01/05/13 10:32 AM Re: A moral to this story..... [Re: catman529]
redblood
16 Point

Loc: Lewisburg

seems like your directon is to point towards christianity and patriotism as a possible cause to the rift we are experiencing in this nation and everyone would get along better if we were left wing atheists. We could all hold hands and sing puff the magic dragon while our nation gets a big crap taking on with the constitution being used as toilet paper. Just what i got from it...

#3110271 - 01/05/13 10:36 AM Re: A moral to this story..... [Re: catman529]
AndyW
10 Point

Loc: Allardt, TN

The moral I see is two men can't be widows.

Women are widows, men are widowers.

I had hoped you'd see it, but I was wrong.

Enjoy your weekend...!!!

#3110287 - 01/05/13 10:51 AM Re: A moral to this story..... [Re: Bottom Hunter]
Hoss
TnDeer Old Timer
8 Point

Loc: Hendersonville , TN

Originally Posted By: Bottom Hunter
Actually, the moral I was going for is that you should love people for what you see IN them and not for what you DO NOT see in them....

Actually BH I have found that what I see in a person is exactly tied to what I don't see. Character, Honesty, Truthfulness, Leadership, Integrity are all examples of things that when they are missing are speaking volumes about what IS present. Eloquence, Bravado, Arrogance, and Semantics are things that when they are present, don't mean a thing... at all. \:D
And no matter what, I think we should love the person, these things present or not. But that does not mean we need to enable them to perpetuate their deceit.

A mere shadow of the man I once was... Me!

#3110299 - 01/05/13 11:04 AM Re: A moral to this story..... [Re: Bottom Hunter]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

I guess you went the way you wanted. I expected as much but hoped I was wrong...

again, enjoy your weekend.

Wrong again. We all have seen enough of your posts to know what you was trying to do, once again it failed.

In 1/3 the threads where Obama is talked about and YOU post on them it's only YOU that brings up the race card while everybody else brings up his politices.

#3110353 - 01/05/13 01:27 PM Re: A moral to this story..... [Re: Wildcat]
W.Seay
14 Point

Loc: Collierville,TN.

Poor "non religious" guy will wish he took time to talk religion when he rotting in Hell.

#3110355 - 01/05/13 01:30 PM Re: A moral to this story..... [Re: Kimber45]
W.Seay
14 Point

Originally Posted By: Kimber45

\:D Home Run!

\:\) post of the year :)!!!

#3110364 - 01/05/13 01:36 PM Re: A moral to this story..... [Re: Hoss]
FLTENNHUNTER1
16 Point

Loc: Tampa FL

"The new man replies that he does not like politics, never has and just tries to ignore the whole thing all together. He seems to have no opinion on the state of the country or how things are today."

The moral of the story is if you are the above person you need to leave my country immediately. You are a direct threat to my freedom. People have died defending our way of life and the least this person could do is pay attention to what is happening to the country they died defending.

#3110420 - 01/05/13 02:37 PM Re: A moral to this story..... [Re: FLTENNHUNTER1]
Mudbone
10 Point

Loc: Williamson cty. Tn

I just said a prayer for you BH.

#3110490 - 01/05/13 03:47 PM Re: A moral to this story..... [Re: FLTENNHUNTER1]
redblood
16 Point

Loc: Lewisburg

Originally Posted By: FLTENNHUNTER1
"The new man replies that he does not like politics, never has and just tries to ignore the whole thing all together. He seems to have no opinion on the state of the country or how things are today."

The moral of the story is if you are the above person you need to leave my country immediately. You are a direct threat to my freedom. People have died defending our way of life and the least this person could do is pay attention to what is happening to the country they died defending.

absolutely. the cost of freedom is high

#3110582 - 01/05/13 05:14 PM Re: A moral to this story..... [Re: redblood]
Bottom Hunter
16 Point

Well....I just read through the responses and I must admit, it went exactly opposite of the way I wished .

I posted this exact thing , word for word, on facebook, even before I did here. What I got there , a very hostile place at times, was nothing even similar to the responses I got from you guys.

As I stated before, the moral, as I see it, is simply that way too many friendships are ruined by differences in religious and political beliefs and that's why I try to stay away from both discussions when possible....People that would normally get along great and be great buddies are not because of the two things that most wars and deaths are about...religion and politics...

I have no idea where some came up with what you did but I guess when you have so much hate bottled up inside you, then it is very easy to find fault and vent your anger upon those that may not have your same mindset...

It's good to see so much passion, but a shame that such passion must be wasted on anger. Better used for positive things, imo.

Enjoy the year as much as you can and remember that when it all comes down to it, we are all just people trying to make it through this life the best way we can.

Bow season will be here before you know it.....

thanks

enjoy

#3110589 - 01/05/13 05:21 PM Re: A moral to this story..... [Re: Bottom Hunter]
Beekeeper
Good ol' Boys "Team Buckcreek"
16 Point

Loc: McMinn Co. Tennessee

Well....I just read through the responses and I must admit, it went exactly opposite of the way I wished .

I posted this exact thing , word for word, on facebook, even before I did here. What I got there , a very hostile place at times, was nothing even similar to the responses I got from you guys.

As I stated before, the moral, as I see it, is simply that way too many friendships are ruined by differences in religious and political beliefs and that's why I try to stay away from both discussions when possible....People that would normally get along great and be great buddies are not because of the two things that most wars and deaths are about...religion and politics...

I have no idea where some came up with what you did but I guess when you have so much hate bottled up inside you, then it is very easy to find fault and vent your anger upon those that may not have your same mindset...

It's good to see so much passion, but a shame that such passion must be wasted on anger. Better used for positive things, imo.

Enjoy the year as much as you can and remember that when it all comes down to it, we are all just people trying to make it through this life the best way we can.

thanks

enjoy
It is hard to be friends with someone that goes against your core values.

Have a nice weekend.

#3110593 - 01/05/13 05:25 PM Re: A moral to this story..... [Re: Bottom Hunter]
westtntoms
8 Point

Loc: Collierville, TN

thanks

enjoy

You mistake anger for passion......

#3110628 - 01/05/13 05:46 PM Re: A moral to this story..... [Re: westtntoms]
W.Seay
14 Point

More than friendships are ruined over religious beliefs and politics..... This country is a prime example that when people don't want GOD in their world things crumble rapidly! However these same people have the audacity to blame GOD when earth shattering events take place, which is a complete double standard. A passive happy go lucky live and let live attitude is also sickening to me When it is in reference to CHRIST and our constitutional rights!

#3110635 - 01/05/13 05:53 PM Re: A moral to this story..... [Re: Bottom Hunter]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

thanks

enjoy

The only reason you call it anger is because we always post about ideas you are AGAINST and because YOU are against them then we must be angry. All we ever do is talk about politices and you come along throwing the race card and calling us racists.

You then HIDE behind your so called "hate" and "anger" pointing YOUR finger at others when it's YOU that are playing the race card not us. Give me time and I can find a clear dozen posts where you have done that very thing. From the looks of the posts it seems thaat others have seen the very same thing.

#3110638 - 01/05/13 05:55 PM Re: A moral to this story..... [Re: Bottom Hunter]
FLTENNHUNTER1
16 Point

Loc: Tampa FL

This is where you and I differ, you vote for politicians who believe in Communism and redistribution of wealth. I am Conservative and love my freedoms. This has nothing to do with being buddies, goin' huntin' together, or hanging out drinking a beer. This is about you supporting Communists who want to destroy our country and who hate America and think our way of life is evil and has been acquired by stealing from other countries. You also support, defend, and vote for people who are stealing from my kids and grandkids futures. All to support a bunch of free loading liberals.

And you are right, I hate liberals. And my time is well spent fighting liberalism each and every second of the day.

#3110678 - 01/05/13 06:29 PM Re: A moral to this story..... [Re: FLTENNHUNTER1]
W.Seay
14 Point

I also don't think it's right for a guy to bust his butt the last 20 years of his life making tens of millions of dollars just for the government to punish him by giving his hard earned $$$ to a bunch of liberal, non working, leeching people! Too many people think the other guy owes them, it pathetic!

Edited by W.Seay (01/05/13 06:34 PM)

#3110688 - 01/05/13 06:35 PM Re: A moral to this story..... [Re: AndyW]
TennesseeRains
TnDeer Old Timer
16 Point

Loc: Hixson,TN

Originally Posted By: AndyW
The moral I see is two men can't be widows.

Women are widows, men are widowers.

I had hoped you'd see it, but I was wrong.

Enjoy your weekend...!!!

;\)
I don't always eat meat but when I do I prefer deer. Stay hungry my friends-nbforrest#3

To be fair, we can now blame everything on everything else-Wildcat

A nation of sheep breeds a gov't of wolves

#3111212 - 01/06/13 12:14 AM Re: A moral to this story..... [Re: Bottom Hunter]
RutMan
16 Point

Loc: Atoka ,TN - USA

[quote=Bottom Hunter]Well....I just read through the responses and I must admit, it went exactly opposite of the way I wished .

Enjoy the year as much as you can and remember that when it all comes down to it, [/b]we are all just people trying to make it through this life the best way we can.[b]

thanks

[/enjoy]

THAT is the problem of many and biggest cause of the shape of our country. THIS life is "temporal" and while it is important, it is not the icing on the cake.

The next life is "eternal" and is the most important of all.

Whether it is in Heaven or hell, it will be for eternity.

IF you do not have Christ inside of you, I will love you as a person, but not for what/who is inside of you.

IF you stand against the constitution and everything this country stands for and on, again, I will love you as a person, but not for what/who is inside of you.

I will love you and be cordial no matter what, but the wrong choices will bring forth the consequence of non friendships.

Take care. \:\)

I believe in love....even when I don't feel it

I believe in GOD....even when HE is silent

#3111637 - 01/06/13 01:26 PM Re: A moral to this story..... [Re: westtntoms]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Originally Posted By: westtntoms

thanks

enjoy

You mistake anger for passion......

I couldnt agree more! Passion for Right is what once made this country Greater than the others! The "anything goes" concept we've adapted since has become the cancerous road to demise we see today.

Page all of 3 123>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Outdoor Lady, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck, Kirk 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
bassassassin7, BBQ, Kornhunter, Afleming17, 260rem
13281 Registered Users
Who's Online
84 registered (slagtown_dfa, BigM, CountryBoy053, Atchman2, WORM82, Sting, 11 invisible) and 147 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13281 Members
42 Forums
85159 Topics
1029196 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.226 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.