Tndeer Logo

Page 5 of 12 « First<34567>Last »
Topic Options
#3106962 - 01/02/13 10:29 PM Re: TNdeer Origin [Re: JThuntsalot]
hunter drew
14 Point

Loc: henderson county TN Lexington

Originally Posted By: JThuntsalot
I remember when I joined in 07. It was way different. Had Joker the Troll Killer. I don't remember Doe-Lusional name back then. Game-eye. Posting a pic of him in just his rob by a tree with his deer mounts. The Tattooed guy from Paris. And a few others back then. My first year they had a get together at Game eyes house with DA and a bunch of others. i tried to make that but ended up getting called to work. Also remember meeting spit and a few others at Toms steak house in Paris while they was at a LBL hunt.

I was at both of those events. It was a good day at Bobby's place

#3107095 - 01/03/13 06:18 AM Re: TNdeer Origin [Re: RUGER]
Bow Hunter
16 Point

Loc: Murfreesboro Tn.

content Online
 Originally Posted By: RUGER
 Originally Posted By: JQT
I've got part-timers disease, who was the guy that lived in Lenoir City that told about the hemorrhoid exam at the Dr?

Had to be FUBAR

Hey Ruger is there any way to find that story and re post it? Would love to read it again.

#3107176 - 01/03/13 07:23 AM Re: TNdeer Origin [Re: Bow Hunter]
RUGER Administrator
Mouse Killa
Non-Typical

Loc: TN

I had it, and several more, saved on my old computer.
Virus ate them all. \:\(

#3107391 - 01/03/13 10:07 AM Re: TNdeer Origin [Re: RUGER]
caretaker
TnDeer Old Timer
10 Point

Loc: Rufe Miller Cemetary

I remember joinin back in 96. My origonal name was grayhairedold.
Been down a few trails sense then. I remember when a young computer guru by the name of Nyper set up a site to let us post pics without having to use photobucket. I even remember when piddler got the coveted crown.I first logged in with an old packard bell 90 with windows 95.

if nominated I will not run.
if elected I will not serve.

#3107394 - 01/03/13 10:12 AM Re: TNdeer Origin [Re: RUGER]
Snake
16 Point

Loc: McMinn Co.Tennessee U.S.

Originally Posted By: RUGER
Tndeer was the brainchild of Dennis Goldsby.
He and Charlie Sage (tiretool charlie) thought it up and talked about it on the way home from hunting one day.

Dennis had the brains, Charlie (the rich uncle) had the money and the rest, as they say, is history. \:D

Great site and thanks to all those who made it happen , my hat is off to them !

#3107423 - 01/03/13 10:32 AM Re: TNdeer Origin [Re: Snake]
Crow Terminator
TnDeer Old Timer
14 Point

Loc: McMinn County

There were some characters along the way for sure. I use to practically live here; and was a big pot stirrer from time to time as well. DeerDawg and myself would go at it like crazy. He knew how to push my button that's for sure. The first Vous I ever went to, he was the first person I sought out to find. He and I had got into it over something just prior to the Vous and I was still hot about it. I challenged him to a duel or something or the other and he said he'd play me at a game of chess instead. I remember reading that and thinking "what the heck? Chess? Who plays chess?". It threw me for a loop. So when I got to the Vous I was going around reading name tags til I spotted his...walked right up to him and said "I'm ready for that chess game" and he read my name tag, saw who I was, and about broke my arm all the while laughing and shaking my hand. Much to my surprise, we got along really good in person and from then on, got along on the forum too.

I'd run into folks all the time up at Eagles Wings archery in Lenoir City that were forum members. That's how I got to know stik & BowDacious and a few others. There were some folks that knew me that I still to this day don't know who they were. I wore a TnDeer hat all the time that had "Crow Terminator" embroidered in blaze orange on the back. People would see the hat and the name, and start talking to me. Some of them I never knew their real names; just their screen names. I could always tell the ones I had ticked off on the forum by the way they acted around me in person. I only made it to a couple of the Vous get togethers but had fun at both of them.

Gone are the days of the doe bashing, pink tutus, stories of crapping on their bow, shooting chickens at 221 yards with a high powered, honking Bobo, etc. We use to have fund raisers of all sorts...we'd donate robo deer to TWRA, donate to needy families, etc. Then one person put an end to all that for us. To this day I still don't have much good to say about them. Was glad to see them go....but sure do miss the others.

#3107462 - 01/03/13 11:04 AM Re: TNdeer Origin [Re: Crow Terminator]
hunter drew
14 Point

Loc: henderson county TN Lexington

What happen to the donating? I'm curious. It can be PM to me

#3107519 - 01/03/13 11:46 AM Re: TNdeer Origin [Re: hunter drew]
eightpointer
14 Point

Loc: Birchwood, TN

Ruger...you ever hear anything about Deerdawg? He doing ok? He lived around Knoxville I think?
#3107536 - 01/03/13 11:55 AM Re: TNdeer Origin [Re: eightpointer]
RUGER Administrator
Mouse Killa
Non-Typical

Loc: TN

Originally Posted By: eightpointer
Ruger...you ever hear anything about Deerdawg? He doing ok? He lived around Knoxville I think?

Nope.

#3107555 - 01/03/13 12:04 PM Re: TNdeer Origin [Re: RUGER]
ferg
Spider
16 Point

Loc: At the TNDeer shirt factory %^...

I haven't seem much from Cuttin Caller lately either - is Rachael still around ????

ferg....

USCG(Ret)
Semper Par !

Page 5 of 12 « First<34567>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Outdoor Lady, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck, Kirk 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
fghijk604245, top_of_the_foodchain, infantryleadtheway, ftwstn, Wild hog 44
13286 Registered Users
Who's Online
8 registered (EXPRESSJET, Savage Knight, feldmutze, shelbydeer, Bow Hunter, hybridtom) and 110 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13286 Members
42 Forums
85284 Topics
1030793 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.219 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.