Tndeer Logo

Page 1 of 4 1234>
Topic Options
#3107154 - 01/03/13 07:06 AM Thank you Stupid Politicians
Brisco Darlin
10 Point

Loc: East Tn.

Got paid this morning. Paycheck is around $60 less than normal.

#3107158 - 01/03/13 07:11 AM Re: Thank you Stupid Politicians [Re: Brisco Darlin]
ROUGH COUNTRY HUNTER
16 Point

Loc: FRANKLIN COUNTY

ONLY GOING TO GET WORSE
#3107160 - 01/03/13 07:12 AM Re: Thank you Stupid Politicians [Re: ROUGH COUNTRY HUNTER]
Brisco Darlin
10 Point

yep. gotta be able to use my check to fund more of the leeches of society and deadbeats.

#3107162 - 01/03/13 07:13 AM Re: Thank you Stupid Politicians [Re: Brisco Darlin]
Kingston
8 Point

Loc: Blue Ridge Mtns

Thats what you big earners get!
But really, it makes me as hey'll!!!!!

#3107242 - 01/03/13 08:14 AM Re: Thank you Stupid Politicians [Re: Kingston]
Coach
16 Point

Loc: Pall Mall, TN and Dexter, MI

Originally Posted By: Kingston
Thats what you big earners get!
But really, it makes me as hey'll!!!!!

x2

Dean Business Supply, Llc

http://www.adam4d.com

#3107248 - 01/03/13 08:18 AM Re: Thank you Stupid Politicians [Re: Coach]
J.W.308
8 Point

Loc: memphis,tn,usa

Im just barely making ends meet now and they want more??????? Good grief ! I will never be able to retire
#3107253 - 01/03/13 08:19 AM Re: Thank you Stupid Politicians [Re: J.W.308]
Pic IN the Casa
14 Point

Loc: TN

Politicians????

I blame apathetic, so called conservatives. You know, the same ones that are ready to cave on the 2nd Amendment.

#3107335 - 01/03/13 09:17 AM Re: Thank you Stupid Politicians [Re: Kingston]
Vermin93
12 Point

Loc: Dallas, TX & Signal Mtn, TN

Just about everybody's paycheck is going down some because Social Security taxes are going back up to what they were 2 years ago. We all used to have 6.2% of our paycheck withheld for Social Security FICA tax. In 2010 Obama signed a temporary 2-year tax cut that dropped it to 4.2% to try to help the economy. The 2 years is up and now we are back to the previous 6.2%. If you had the same job with same pay in 2010 then you will be getting the same pay that you got at that time.

Like most of our federal entitlement programs, the Social Security program is in bad fiscal shape because it pays out more in benefits than it takes in from FICA taxes and it is only going to get worse in that respect. If you want to be able to get Social Secuity checks when you get older then we are all going to have to pay more into the program while we are working and/or accept major changes to Social Security like raising the retirement age so that you have to work longer before you can be eligible to receive a monthly Social Securty check. It is only going to get worse because as the baby boomer generation continues to enter retirement and starts receiving Social Security there is going to be a lot more being paid out than there are FICA taxes coming in. The Social Security checks for today's retirees and disabled come from the FICA taxes that you and I pay today from our paychecks. So that extra $60 in FICA that they withheld from your check is theoretically getting sent to some nice little old lady or old man or someone on Social Security disability (someone who may truly be disabled or some non-disabled slug who has gamed the system). The problem is people expect to receive Social Security when they retire but they don't want to pay more into the program to keep it going and they don't want to accept changes to the program like lowering the amount you get every month from Social Security or raising the retirement age. It's another case where people want it both ways and it just doesn't work that way.

How many times during the election campaign did you hear Obama and his Democrat pals talk about those big bad Republicans who want to take away Social Security or change Social Security or "privatize" Social Security? They use those scare tactics all the time. How many times have you heard Obama and the Democrats say they want to "save and strengthen Social Security"? What do you think they mean when they say that? They have proposed no changes to save the Social Security program other than to make workers pay more into the program. Of course they really just want all those selfish, greedy wealthy workers to have to pay more because that's the Democrat answer for all of the nation's financial problems. The problem is that unless Social Security is changed, which most Americans don't want, then everyone who works is going to have to pay more into the Social Security system to keep it going. So ask yourself this - are you willing to accept smaller Social Social checks each month when you retire? Are you willing to work an extra 3 to 5 years before you can get Social Security? Would you want an option to invest some of the Social Security tax that's withheld from your paycheck in your own private retirement account and assume the risk that your investments may lose money? Do you want the government to increase Social Security paycheck withdrawals on wealthy people so you don't have to pay as much into the program? Do you want to make it more difficult to qualify for Social Secuity disability? If you don't say yes to some or all of these things then the only remaining option is for all workers to kick in more of their paycheck into Social Security to keep it going. The money for all the Social Secuirty checks that get sent out each month has to come from somwhere....

#3107343 - 01/03/13 09:22 AM Re: Thank you Stupid Politicians [Re: Vermin93]
David
6 Point

Loc: Middle TN

Got a chunk less than normal too. Way to start new year
#3107344 - 01/03/13 09:23 AM Re: Thank you Stupid Politicians [Re: Vermin93]
Brisco Darlin
10 Point

yes i would rather invest my own money like i do now. i am not counting on social security for retirement. I'm counting on me. I don't want it withheld to pay for all these deadbeats drawing it now. Yes some people need it but i would venture to say that more draw it that are able to work than the disabled or infirm.
Way too many sponges and leeches drawing this money.

Page 1 of 4 1234>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
TboneD, sbhockey, ZachA, DocT, Raegan
13202 Registered Users
Who's Online
149 registered (dogmatik, scn, mimitk, MT WSM, Country1, WG Taxidermist, 15 invisible) and 177 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13202 Members
42 Forums
91369 Topics
1068128 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.047 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.