Tndeer Logo

Page all of 4 1234>
Topic Options
#3107154 - 01/03/13 07:06 AM Thank you Stupid Politicians
Brisco Darlin
10 Point

Loc: East Tn.

content Online
Got paid this morning. Paycheck is around $60 less than normal.

#3107158 - 01/03/13 07:11 AM Re: Thank you Stupid Politicians [Re: Brisco Darlin]
ROUGH COUNTRY HUNTER
16 Point

Loc: FRANKLIN COUNTY

ONLY GOING TO GET WORSE
#3107160 - 01/03/13 07:12 AM Re: Thank you Stupid Politicians [Re: ROUGH COUNTRY HUNTER]
Brisco Darlin
10 Point

content Online
yep. gotta be able to use my check to fund more of the leeches of society and deadbeats.

#3107162 - 01/03/13 07:13 AM Re: Thank you Stupid Politicians [Re: Brisco Darlin]
Kingston
8 Point

Loc: Blue Ridge Mtns

content Online
Thats what you big earners get!
But really, it makes me as hey'll!!!!!

#3107242 - 01/03/13 08:14 AM Re: Thank you Stupid Politicians [Re: Kingston]
Coach
16 Point

Loc: Pall Mall, TN and Dexter, MI

Originally Posted By: Kingston
Thats what you big earners get!
But really, it makes me as hey'll!!!!!

x2

Dean Business Supply, Llc

http://www.adam4d.com

#3107248 - 01/03/13 08:18 AM Re: Thank you Stupid Politicians [Re: Coach]
J.W.308
8 Point

Loc: memphis,tn,usa

Im just barely making ends meet now and they want more??????? Good grief ! I will never be able to retire
#3107253 - 01/03/13 08:19 AM Re: Thank you Stupid Politicians [Re: J.W.308]
Pic IN the Casa
14 Point

Loc: TN

Politicians????

I blame apathetic, so called conservatives. You know, the same ones that are ready to cave on the 2nd Amendment.

#3107335 - 01/03/13 09:17 AM Re: Thank you Stupid Politicians [Re: Kingston]
Vermin93
12 Point

Loc: Dallas, TX & Signal Mtn, TN

Just about everybody's paycheck is going down some because Social Security taxes are going back up to what they were 2 years ago. We all used to have 6.2% of our paycheck withheld for Social Security FICA tax. In 2010 Obama signed a temporary 2-year tax cut that dropped it to 4.2% to try to help the economy. The 2 years is up and now we are back to the previous 6.2%. If you had the same job with same pay in 2010 then you will be getting the same pay that you got at that time.

Like most of our federal entitlement programs, the Social Security program is in bad fiscal shape because it pays out more in benefits than it takes in from FICA taxes and it is only going to get worse in that respect. If you want to be able to get Social Secuity checks when you get older then we are all going to have to pay more into the program while we are working and/or accept major changes to Social Security like raising the retirement age so that you have to work longer before you can be eligible to receive a monthly Social Securty check. It is only going to get worse because as the baby boomer generation continues to enter retirement and starts receiving Social Security there is going to be a lot more being paid out than there are FICA taxes coming in. The Social Security checks for today's retirees and disabled come from the FICA taxes that you and I pay today from our paychecks. So that extra $60 in FICA that they withheld from your check is theoretically getting sent to some nice little old lady or old man or someone on Social Security disability (someone who may truly be disabled or some non-disabled slug who has gamed the system). The problem is people expect to receive Social Security when they retire but they don't want to pay more into the program to keep it going and they don't want to accept changes to the program like lowering the amount you get every month from Social Security or raising the retirement age. It's another case where people want it both ways and it just doesn't work that way.

How many times during the election campaign did you hear Obama and his Democrat pals talk about those big bad Republicans who want to take away Social Security or change Social Security or "privatize" Social Security? They use those scare tactics all the time. How many times have you heard Obama and the Democrats say they want to "save and strengthen Social Security"? What do you think they mean when they say that? They have proposed no changes to save the Social Security program other than to make workers pay more into the program. Of course they really just want all those selfish, greedy wealthy workers to have to pay more because that's the Democrat answer for all of the nation's financial problems. The problem is that unless Social Security is changed, which most Americans don't want, then everyone who works is going to have to pay more into the Social Security system to keep it going. So ask yourself this - are you willing to accept smaller Social Social checks each month when you retire? Are you willing to work an extra 3 to 5 years before you can get Social Security? Would you want an option to invest some of the Social Security tax that's withheld from your paycheck in your own private retirement account and assume the risk that your investments may lose money? Do you want the government to increase Social Security paycheck withdrawals on wealthy people so you don't have to pay as much into the program? Do you want to make it more difficult to qualify for Social Secuity disability? If you don't say yes to some or all of these things then the only remaining option is for all workers to kick in more of their paycheck into Social Security to keep it going. The money for all the Social Secuirty checks that get sent out each month has to come from somwhere....

#3107343 - 01/03/13 09:22 AM Re: Thank you Stupid Politicians [Re: Vermin93]
David
6 Point

Loc: Middle TN

Got a chunk less than normal too. Way to start new year
#3107344 - 01/03/13 09:23 AM Re: Thank you Stupid Politicians [Re: Vermin93]
Brisco Darlin
10 Point

content Online
yes i would rather invest my own money like i do now. i am not counting on social security for retirement. I'm counting on me. I don't want it withheld to pay for all these deadbeats drawing it now. Yes some people need it but i would venture to say that more draw it that are able to work than the disabled or infirm.
Way too many sponges and leeches drawing this money.

#3107347 - 01/03/13 09:29 AM Re: Thank you Stupid Politicians [Re: Brisco Darlin]
BlountArrow
10 Point

Loc: SouthEast Tenn

Originally Posted By: Brisco Darlin
yes i would rather invest my own money like i do now. i am not counting on social security for retirement. I'm counting on me. I don't want it withheld ....

X2. I'd opt out tomorrow if I could and bank on myself to take care of myself. I've never ever factored SS into my retirement equation.

#3107348 - 01/03/13 09:29 AM Re: Thank you Stupid Politicians [Re: Brisco Darlin]
Vermin93
12 Point

yes i would rather invest my own money like i do now. i am not counting on social security for retirement. I'm counting on me. I don't want it withheld to pay for all these deadbeats drawing it now. Yes some people need it but i would venture to say that more draw it that are able to work than the disabled or infirm.
Way too many sponges and leeches drawing this money.

I would rather invest my own money and I'm also not counting on social security for retirement. However, the vast majority of the country's voters, including just about all Democrats, Independents and most Republicans, do not agree with you and I on this subject. Social Security is sacred to many, many Americans.

#3107355 - 01/03/13 09:35 AM Re: Thank you Stupid Politicians [Re: Vermin93]
BlountArrow
10 Point

Loc: SouthEast Tenn

They can even keep every dime I've ever paid in if I could opt out tomorrow.

#3107363 - 01/03/13 09:43 AM Re: Thank you Stupid Politicians [Re: BlountArrow]
AndyW
10 Point

Loc: Allardt, TN

content Online
 Originally Posted By: BlountArrow

Me too.

#3107516 - 01/03/13 11:45 AM Re: Thank you Stupid Politicians [Re: Brisco Darlin]
reloaderman
4 Point

Loc: tennessee

Brisco Darlin, you are absolutely right...I know of several deadbeats thats get disability and are in better shape than i am....
#3107720 - 01/03/13 02:14 PM Re: Thank you Stupid Politicians [Re: Brisco Darlin]
JeepKuntry
16 Point

Loc: Clinton, TN

Got paid this morning. Paycheck is around $60 less than normal.
The double whammy is approaching. Less pay and all goods are going to substantially increase in price.

#3107733 - 01/03/13 02:21 PM Re: Thank you Stupid Politicians [Re: Brisco Darlin]
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

Get paid tomorrow....waiting to see.

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#3107747 - 01/03/13 02:28 PM Re: Thank you Stupid Politicians [Re: MUP]
FLTENNHUNTER1
16 Point

Loc: Tampa FL

More like thank you stupid Americans for voting this trash into office.

#3107748 - 01/03/13 02:28 PM Re: Thank you Stupid Politicians [Re: MUP]
Vermin93
12 Point

Originally Posted By: MUP

Your take home pay should go down by 2% just like everyone else.

#3107754 - 01/03/13 02:31 PM Re: Thank you Stupid Politicians [Re: AndyW]
Kimber45 Moderator
Peace Maker
16 Point

Loc: Close to Jackson, TN

Originally Posted By: AndyW

Me too.

Dont be surprised - they may offer that package soon

#3107757 - 01/03/13 02:33 PM Re: Thank you Stupid Politicians [Re: FLTENNHUNTER1]
Brisco Darlin
10 Point

content Online
 Originally Posted By: FLTENNHUNTER1
More like thank you stupid Americans for voting this trash into office.
agreed.

#3107763 - 01/03/13 02:37 PM Re: Thank you Stupid Politicians [Re: Vermin93]
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

Originally Posted By: Vermin93
 Originally Posted By: MUP

Your take home pay should go down by 2% just like everyone else.

Yea, but I'm special...O said my taxes wouldn't increase!

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#3107775 - 01/03/13 02:45 PM Re: Thank you Stupid Politicians [Re: Kimber45]
muddyboots
12 Point

Loc: savannah, tn., usa

content Online
 Originally Posted By: Kimber45
 Originally Posted By: AndyW

Me too.

Dont be surprised - they may offer that package soon

Surely they wouldnt offer something I would take!

#3107778 - 01/03/13 02:47 PM Re: Thank you Stupid Politicians [Re: muddyboots]
Pic IN the Casa
14 Point

Loc: TN

Oh just wait until Ocare goes into full bore and we're all working 28hrs a week instead of 40.

#3107965 - 01/03/13 05:09 PM Re: Thank you Stupid Politicians [Re: Vermin93]
BMan
16 Point

Loc: Middle TN

Just about everybody's paycheck is going down some because Social Security taxes are going back up to what they were 2 years ago. We all used to have 6.2% of our paycheck withheld for Social Security FICA tax. In 2010 Obama signed a temporary 2-year tax cut that dropped it to 4.2% to buy votes.

Edited to ensure accuracy.

#3108035 - 01/03/13 05:53 PM Re: Thank you Stupid Politicians [Re: BMan]
Deer Assassin
Non-Typical

Loc: Kingston Springs

lol

there ought to be a stupid tax if you voted for obama you are taxed at a higher rate

Spending money I dont have

on things I dont need

to impress people I dont know

#3108412 - 01/03/13 09:20 PM Re: Thank you Stupid Politicians [Re: Vermin93]
Bone Collector
14 Point

Loc: Murfreesboro, TN

Just about everybody's paycheck is going down some because Social Security taxes are going back up to what they were 2 years ago. We all used to have 6.2% of our paycheck withheld for Social Security FICA tax. In 2010 Obama signed a temporary 2-year tax cut that dropped it to 4.2% to try to help the economy. The 2 years is up and now we are back to the previous 6.2%. If you had the same job with same pay in 2010 then you will be getting the same pay that you got at that time.

the problem is prices have gone, up so making what you made in 2010 in 2012 does not work well for most.

“There are hunters and there are victims. By your discipline, cunning, obedience and alertness, you will decide if you are a hunter or a victim.”
General James Mattis

#3108422 - 01/03/13 09:24 PM Re: Thank you Stupid Politicians [Re: Bone Collector]
Super8
8 Point

Loc: USofA

Fiscal cliff deal raises taxes on 77% of Americans

More than three in four Americans will pay higher taxes for 2013, thanks to the fiscal cliff deal passed in Congress on New Year's Day.

Over 77% of filers will pay more, according to the Tax Policy Center. The average increase is expected to be $1,257, but that figure belies the wide disparity in impact. Those making less than $10,000 a year will pay $68 more in federal taxes, on average, while those making between $50,000 and $75,000 will see an $822 jump. Wealthy filers with incomes of $1 million or more will see a $170,341 spike, on average.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/fiscal-cliff-deal-raises-taxes-200000169.html

#3108455 - 01/03/13 09:40 PM Re: Thank you Stupid Politicians [Re: Bone Collector]
Vermin93
12 Point

Originally Posted By: Bone Collector

the problem is prices have gone, up so making what you made in 2010 in 2012 does not work well for most.

I agree with that, but it doesn't matter. Unless you are willing to accept changes to Social Security then you can't legitimately complain about the Social Security tax going back to where it was. The problem is that we can't afford to continue to operate our entitlement state in it's current form, and that includes Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid, which are entitlements that I'm sure many people on this board and their families use. The sad reality is that most Americans, including just about all Democrats and plenty of Republican voters, don't want their entitlements cut and they don't want to pay more taxes to fund these entitlements. It's about as logical as saying 1+1=3. It's frustrating that a majority of the country seems to have an issue understanding simple math. It also doesn't help that Republican leaders like John McCain absolutely refuse to cut spending in one of the most wasteful, inefficient government organizations there is - the Department of Defense. Until a majority of Americans are willing to cut defense spending, and cut social security payments to mom and dad and grandma and grandpa, and cut medicare coverage to mom and dad and grandma and grandpa, and cut medicaid coverage to the low income folks in their towns, or pay more taxes then we are going to continue to hemorrhage debt as a country. It will all come crashing down for the simple reason that people don't want to have any of their entitlements cut and they don't want to pay more in taxes. It's absurd, illogical thinking by most Americans and it's only a matter of time before the global market decides it's had enough of the chronic, insane borrowing by the US. Republicans are trying valiantly to starve the beast, and that may be our only hope to avoid the kind of austerity that it's going to take to correct years of irresponsible behavior by America's politicians and voters.

#3108471 - 01/03/13 09:46 PM Re: Thank you Stupid Politicians [Re: Vermin93]
Super8
8 Point

The Government mishandled Social Security

The Government has borrowed $2.5 Trillion from our Social Security System. THERE IS NO CASH IN THE SOCIAL SECURITY SYSTEM. It is all government IOUs. To repay the IOUs, the government has to raise our taxes to repay our retirement???? This is criminal and morally wrong.

It would be different if they did not already spend the money!

#3108507 - 01/03/13 10:18 PM Re: Thank you Stupid Politicians [Re: Super8]
Vermin93
12 Point

Originally Posted By: Super8
The Government mishandled Social Security

The Government has borrowed $2.5 Trillion from our Social Security System. THERE IS NO CASH IN THE SOCIAL SECURITY SYSTEM. It is all government IOUs. To repay the IOUs, the government has to raise our taxes to repay our retirement???? This is criminal and morally wrong.

It would be different if they did not already spend the money!

Yep, they've basically spent all the Social Security contributions on Medicare, Medicaid, unemployment benefits, food stamps, various education "investments", farm subsidies, bailouts, ships, planes, missiles, rockets, tanks, soldiers, sailors, airmen, Marines, federal employees, natural disaster recovery, and about a million other things that the government spends our tax dollars on. The Social Security Administration likes to claim that the IOUs are just as safe as US Savings Bonds and that they are backed by the full faith and credit of the US Government. The only problem is that the full faith and credit of the US Government is on the road to ruin because of the ever increasing debt we are piling up every single day because of the all the money this government spends to buy votes from the American people who are more than willing to sell their votes to whichever politician promises them and their family the most stuff!

#3108518 - 01/03/13 10:24 PM Re: Thank you Stupid Politicians [Re: Brisco Darlin]
Super8
8 Point

Here are 17 other things the government wasted tax dollars on last year:

17 Ways Government Wastes Your Money

1.Exporting Elmo: The U.S. Agency for International Development provided $10 million to a Pakistani arts organization to adapt “Sesame Street” for Pakistani toddlers. The money will also help pay for the creation of 130 episodes of the show.

2.Dragon Robots for Preschoolers: The National Science Foundation spent $131,000 on robot dragons designed to mimic human responses to help teach preschoolers language skills. Apparently interaction with real humans was deemed inadequate.

3.Virtual Mummies: Thanks to a $25,000 federal grant, visitors to the Milwaukee Public Museum will now be able to experience a “3-D high-definition, full-color true holographic or holographic-like exhibit of a virtual mummy unwrapping.”

4.Dead Man’s Party: Those who complain federal employment benefits are already too generous won’t be pleased to learn that many government workers keep receiving payments long after they’ve died. The Inspector General for the U.S. Office of Personnel Management says “the amount of post-death improper payments is consistently $100-$150 million annually, totaling over $601 million in the last five years.”

5.Cowboy Poetry: It’s hard to recall John Wayne reciting verse in any of the many Westerns he made, but cowboy poetry is a big enough phenomenon to have its own annual celebration. And this year taxpayers helped pay for it courtesy of a $50,000 contribution from the U.S. government.

6.Promiscuous Quail: The National Institute of Health gave the University of Kentucky $176,000 to determine if Japanese quail are more likely to have sex when high on cocaine. The study is scheduled to last through 2015.

7.Happiness is… Social Media: Another National Science Foundation grant for $198,000 paid for a University of California-Riverside study of “motivations, expectations and goal pursuit in social media.” Among the questions the study seeks to answer: “Do unhappy people spend more time on Twitter or Facebook?”

8.Guilty Pleasure: The federal government gave the Hawaii Department of Agriculture $50,000 to help pay for the 2nd Annual Hawaiian Chocolate Festival. The goal is to “highlight the culinary talents and products specifically linked to Hawaii’s chocolate industry.”

9.O Christmas Tree: The U.S. government spent $74,000 last year to help the state of Michigan “increase awareness about the role Michigan plays in the production of trees and poinsettias.” Michigan’s $40 million Christmas tree industry already ranks third in the nation.

10.High on Pizza: A private company was given $484,000 by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development to build a Mellow Mushroom pizzeria in Arlington, TX. Mellow Mushroom is a national chain known for its use of hippie and drug themes.

11.Tips for India: The National Science Foundation wants to help politicians in India do a better job. So it is awarded a $426,000 grant for research to determine the effectiveness of communications to citizens from officeholders. The U.S. sent $126 million in aid to India last year, even though it is one of the fastest growing economies in the world.

12.Art for Italians: The State Department contributed $350,000 for the United States to be part of the 54th International Art Exhibition in Venice, Italy. No word on how much the exhibit enhanced U.S. international relations.

13.Jobs for Barbados: The mixed success the government has had creating jobs here in America did not discourage the U.S. Agency for International Development from spending $1.35 million on an “entrepreneurship initiative” for the Caribbean island nation of Barbados. The U.S. unemployment rate has been over 8% for three years.

14.Video Game Powerups: A video game promotional organization in Massachusetts landed $100,000 to help developers create intellectual property and help businesses get access to capital. Video game development is a $2 billion industry in Massachusetts.

15.What Were They Smoking: The Virginia Commonwealth University received $55,000 in 2011 (part of a larger $170,000 grant) to study changes in the hookah smoking habits of students in the nation of Jordan. Among other things, the study sought to answer the question: “How many Jordanian students believe that water pipe tobacco smoking is more harmful than cigarettes smoking?” (Answer: 62.2 percent).

16.Chinese Puzzle: The Chinese economy is second only to that of the United States. And China holds billions of dollars in U.S. debt. So the U.S. government sent $17.8 million in aid to China last year to improve the Asian giant’s social services and clean up its environment. That makes sense, right?

17.Do You Believe in Magic: Did you know there is an American Museum of Magic in Marshall, MI? Well, the magic museum made $147,000 of your tax dollars disappear last year. The purpose of the federal largesse was to help the museum “better understand its various audiences and their potential interest in the history of magic entertainment.”

By the way, the researchers studying why chimps throw poop have theorized that it’s a form of communication. Maybe they’re trying to send a message to Washington.

Good Investing,

#3108555 - 01/03/13 11:07 PM Re: Thank you Stupid Politicians [Re: Brisco Darlin]
Vermin93
12 Point

Those things you are listed are senseless, wasteful spending. However, they are a drop in the bucket. This chart shows the nation's spending problem and it's why I want to choke hypocritical conservative nitwits like Sean Hannity and John McCain and Mitt Romney when they talk about the need to tackle the debt crisis with spending cuts and entitlement reform but they get all upset at any talk about defense cuts or taxes. Any politician who is not serious about cutting spending in all 3 of those big pieces of the pie, and the little pieces as well, is not serious about addressing this nation's ever increasing debt crisis.

and this:

#3108562 - 01/03/13 11:18 PM Re: Thank you Stupid Politicians [Re: Brisco Darlin]
hankll
Spike

Loc: Hendersonville, Tn, USA

Ooops! To late folks the "majority" of Amerika spoke in the elections. They voted for Santa Claus, cause he was giving away the whole shootin match.....You can't beat Santa Bama at what he does best.....spending our money for the "poor unfortunates" on welfare, and the children who are starving....Ooh, its coming and we the working class are the ones that are getting our pay checks redistributed......just like Obumma designed it. It only gets better.........
#3108563 - 01/03/13 11:18 PM Re: Thank you Stupid Politicians [Re: Vermin93]
CAW
6 Point

Loc: Huntsville, AL

If you own your own business and need to let anyone go, please send the Obama supporters packing first. They wanted him to continue destroying this country, so it's only fair that they feel the impact.
#3108565 - 01/03/13 11:21 PM Re: Thank you Stupid Politicians [Re: Vermin93]
Super8
8 Point

Over the last 30 years, the U.S. national debt has gotten 13 times larger. We have accumulated the largest debt in the history of the world and there is no end in sight.

In fact, we are rapidly running out of people to borrow money from. According to the Wall Street Journal, in order to repay maturing bonds and finance the exploding budget deficit, the U.S. government will have to borrow over 4.2 trillion dollars in 2013.

Eventually the rest of the world is going to lose confidence in the ability of the U.S. government to repay all of this debt. Once confidence in U.S. Treasuries is totally gone, and there are already signs this is starting to happen, the game will be over and the U.S. financial system will collapse.

#3110288 - 01/05/13 10:52 AM Re: Thank you Stupid Politicians [Re: Super8]
Bigswede3423
6 Point

Loc: Loudon

Just got my first paycheck of the new year and lost $80. I get paid every two weeks so I just lost over 2k a year. I do work for the federal govt and I haven't gotten a raise in 4 years.
#3110292 - 01/05/13 10:54 AM Re: Thank you Stupid Politicians [Re: CAW]
redblood
16 Point

Loc: Lewisburg

Originally Posted By: CAW
If you own your own business and need to let anyone go, please send the Obama supporters packing first. They wanted him to continue destroying this country, so it's only fair that they feel the impact.

absolutely

Page all of 4 1234>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
bootsinsand, bigun714, clh200, tlwilliams, Forvols
13179 Registered Users
Who's Online
100 registered (ImThere, JCDEERMAN, Mike D, Roost 1, bowhunterfanatic, downthebrown, 10 invisible) and 111 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13179 Members
42 Forums
90946 Topics
1062699 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.119 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.