Tndeer Logo

Page 10 of 12 « First<89101112>
Topic Options
#3109272 - 01/04/13 02:16 PM Re: TNdeer Origin [Re: BigAl]
BigAl
16 Point

Loc: Fayette County, TN US

In case some of you guys didn't know, our own Ruger from tndeer wrote a book back in the day. One of our resident tndeer members was so enamored with the book, he couldn't put it down and had to just keep reading. For some reason, he decided to post a pic of the reading in progress. He'll probably kill me for posting this one. \:\)

#3109279 - 01/04/13 02:21 PM Re: TNdeer Origin [Re: BigAl]
BigAl
16 Point

Here's an old photo of Big Gun and cuttincaller. I like to call this "Big Gun loses hair match".

#3109284 - 01/04/13 02:26 PM Re: TNdeer Origin [Re: BigAl]
BigAl
16 Point

Shatmebow part two

Who knew lightning could strike twice?

Topic: It sorta pays to read and learn from post on Tndeer.

Here is one of my Illinois stories… But before I go into details. It does pay to read the post on Tndeer. Because I was prepared to handle the situation correctly. So i thought..

Well we headed out Saturday morning around 5:00 o’clock. As we entered Kentucky we decided to stop and get gas and eat at a Choke and Puke. ( Ive always used this term since the movie Smokey and the Bandit its a all time favorite of mine.) We’ll I was the only one who had to wait for there order. I don’t like this cause half the time they try to rush to get the order done and its always under cooked. Well it seemed fine. After arriving in Illinois we got our gear and started hunting. Well the afternoon was productive. I saw 10 deer pass on some does., and had a eagle fly around me for awhile.

Well our next item on the list was to go get a room and grab a bite to eat. No I wasn’t feeling to good from the Choke and Puke we stopped at that morning. Well the Best Western was booked for that night and our only place was the Bates Motel ( not really the name but could have been) The lady behind the counter was a nut case. Now this little town which only had a population of around 1400 people at best. If your eyes were in align with the shape of your head you were going places. Im the type of person that doesn’t meet a stranger. But this women I could not get any type of personality out of whatsoever. After getting a room she tells me she has inventory on everything in the room and if anything comes up missing I will be charged. I laugh a little and tell her she has nothing to worry about. She flips out and starts screaming and making a big deal. Finally she calms down and off we go to get a meal.

Well we hit this little Italian place. I get pasta with meatballs. Now I like to eat and I’m pretty funny about the places I eat. In a town of this size and no one out after dark I was kinda worried on how fresh the food would be. I could tell by getting a salad with the lettuce being brown, it didn’t look good for the night. Well after a couple of bites from pasta and meatballs I want feeling to swift.

The next morning we get up at 4:00 and load up to go hunting. I asked some other guys that were with us if they paid with a credit card or cash. Since I paid with cash there was no way she could bill me. But unlucky for them they paid with a credit card and I had already turn my key in and I needed some towels to wipe down the four-wheeler. So I robbed their towels from their room. And we ended up getting rooms at the Best Western the rest of the week so I knew I wasn’t going to see this crazy women again. But I was a little bit worried. When we got up that morning the door was unlocked and opened a little.

Well let me get to the point of the story on how by reading Tndeer post can help. It goes to the post of our good friend Showmehorns. If it wasn’t for his post on how he took a dump all over his bow I might would have been in bad shape. As the sun started to rise I had a rumble in my stomach. Didn’t think much about it. The first part of the morning I like to stand while I hunt. As soon as I started to stand it hit me. This unspeakable pain my stomach. I knew then I was in trouble and wasn’t going to make it. I started to lower my bow down I thought this sounds familiar. We’ll I cut a branch to hang the bow on and started to climb my way down. Now I hunt out of a Summit Viper and the stand up sit down method wasn’t working quite well for the pain I was in. Well half way down was all I could get. I started to remember all the things in his post that got messed up. Here I am stripping down trying to place things to where they don’t get violated. And trying to keep my butt cheeks as tight as I can before I start to sling mud every where. Well here I am with nothing but a t-shirt on and my Seat-of the pants harness. Bare butt hanging over my tree stand with the support of my harness letting me lean out as far as I can. Well the mud starts flying and I’m sweating like crazy. I knew that food wasn’t right that night. Well after all said and done I look for my fanny pack. And you guessed it. I left it at the base of my tree that morning. And yup! It just got Violated….So here I am hanging from a tree needing to wipe so I can move to a different spot and my paper is in my fanny pack which I just now crapped all over. So out comes the pocket knife. I cut up my t-shirt and take care of business. When I get down out of the tree it looked like a war zone. I never knew Sh*t could fly so far….So SMH you will never here me rag you about your bow accident.

Sorry for the long post. Im not good at telling a story this way like Ruger and Bowriter can. Its much easier for me just to tell it than type it.

#3109288 - 01/04/13 02:29 PM Re: TNdeer Origin [Re: BigAl]
BigAl
16 Point

Sorry, nyper. Didn't know you had already posted shatmebow.

Here's BSK's train story. I think I have a pic of the ATV somewhere.

Ahhh, the train story...

I was working on a large property (9,000+ acres) in northeast TX (half way between Texarkana and Dallas along I-10). The property was basically a giant hardwood bottom along a river. In the winter, the entire bottom floods. I was mapping the property borders and needed to cross to the other side of the property, but the bottom was flooded. The easiest way to cross the bottom was a raised railroad tracks, so a coworker and I drove the elevated right-of-way across the flooded bottoms. When we got to the area I needed to map, we just parked our ATVs right up next to tracks, as the sides of the right-of-way were steep, slippery gravel. Besides, this was flat TX. We would be able to hear a train coming from miles away. In addition, the property corner-marker I needed to GPS was only about 40 yards from the tracks--we wouldn't be far from the ATVs.

Well, I was wrong about the "hearing a train coming from miles away" part. We were standing over the corner-marker collecting GPS positions when we heard a train whistle VERY close. My coworker and I just stared at each other for second or two until the realization sunk in of what that train meant--our ATVs! We sprinted back to the tracks, and without even looking down the tracks I jumped on my ATV to start it and back it down off the right-of-way. Just as I was hitting the starter I glanced up to see a locomotive engine right on top of me and coming on full speed--with the engineer blowing the horn for all he was worth. Realizing a wasn't going to have time to start the ATV and get it in gear, I jumped off the ATV, grabbed the handlebar with one hand and the rear rack with the other and started dragging the ATV sideways to get it away from the tracks.

One second I was pulling that ATV for all I was worth and the next my hands were empty and there was a train flashing by inches from my face. I was so stunned I didn't move a muscle. I just stood there paralyzed as car after car zipped by at 60 mph within touching distance. I felt nothing when my ATV was hit. I literally had had a death-grip on it, but not a twitch, yank, jerk, nothing. One second I was pulling it sideways for all I'm worth and the next second I'm standing there empty-handed.

Once I finally snapped out of my stupor I looked over at my coworker. He was white as a sheet. Instead of pulling his ATV sideways, he had reached across, grabbed the far side of his ATV, and literally rolled it over sideways. The train had cleared it by inches. My ATV was 80 yards down the tracks, off the side of the right-of-way. My coworker said he had watched and my ATV made the entire "flight" airborne, cart-wheeling the whole trip. We found the electric motor from the winch (sheared clean off) 150 yards down the tracks.

Once we had gotten over our shock, we inspected my ATV and were actually shocked at how little damage had been done. The entire front end was smashed in, but we had thought the ATV would have simply vaporized. I guess being fairly light in comparison to the train, the train simply threw the ATV instead of imploding it--kind of like a car hitting a tennis ball.

Still being in a bit of shock, we really couldn't think of what to do next. We were a long way from the house we were staying in. Eventually we decided we would go back to camp, get some rope and chain, come back, and then drag my busted up ATV all the way back to camp with my coworker's ATV.

It took us about an hour and half to make the trip to camp, collect all the necessary equipment, and get back to near where my ATV was sitting. As soon as we started to get close, we realized we were going to be in trouble. We could hear sirens and see flashing emergency lights on the nearest paved road about a mile away.

We found quite a crowd when we got back to the crash site. Police, EMTs and train employees were walking the tracks looking for my body. The train engineer had called in and said he had killed a person on the tracks. From his position, all he had seen was me jumping on my ATV and then the ATV flying out in front of the engine. It also didn't help that I had been deer hunting just before I had gone to TX and hadn't bothered to wash all the deer blood of the front of the ATV where I had carried deer out of the woods strapped across the front rack. So the police found a smashed ATV along the tracks covered in blood and called the EMTs and even the coroner. They were literally looking for my body up in the trees along the tracks.

The authorities were not pleased at all, even when we turned up alive. They were going to arrest us for having been on the tracks with ATVs in the first place. But after a long discussion about what we were doing and why, everyone ended up having a good laugh over the entire incident. Although the train people said we had given the train engineer the scare of his life.

To be honest, it really took awhile for the realization to sink in of how close we had come to being killed. My coworker's ATV had been parked in front of mine, and if he hadn't rolled his ATV out of the way, the train would have launched his ATV right through me, certainly killing me. If my hands or clothes had gotten caught in my ATV, I would have been thrown along with it.

To this day, a cold shiver goes down my spine and I feel sick to my stomach every time I hear a train whistle.

Word to the wise: DON'T PARK YOUR ATV ON TRAIN TRACKS!

#3109305 - 01/04/13 02:44 PM Re: TNdeer Origin [Re: showmehorns]
Winchester
Non-Typical

Loc: TN

Originally Posted By: showmehorns
 Originally Posted By: Winchester
 Originally Posted By: hunter drew
 Originally Posted By: JThuntsalot
I remember when I joined in 07. It was way different. Had Joker the Troll Killer. I don't remember Doe-Lusional name back then. Game-eye. Posting a pic of him in just his rob by a tree with his deer mounts. The Tattooed guy from Paris. And a few others back then. My first year they had a get together at Game eyes house with DA and a bunch of others. i tried to make that but ended up getting called to work. Also remember meeting spit and a few others at Toms steak house in Paris while they was at a LBL hunt.

I was at both of those events. It was a good day at Bobby's place

Up until the infamous shotgun blast!
Been here for 10 years and made a few of the Vous along the way. Some good times and good people for sure!! Come on back your good they all said, as we hit the tree!! \:D

That was totally my fault.

I wasnt going to call names but since you have stepped forward!! Idgits!!! I think ol George Dickel was mostly at fault however!! \:D Good times!!

#3109341 - 01/04/13 03:20 PM Re: TNdeer Origin [Re: Winchester]
TNReb
Formally known as Nyper
16 Point

Loc: Lebanon

hahahahaha... glad you had the train & fubar stories!! great!!
#3109346 - 01/04/13 03:24 PM Re: TNdeer Origin [Re: TNReb]
RUGER Administrator
Bambi Killa
Non-Typical

Loc: TN

The ATV from BSK's train story.

#3109347 - 01/04/13 03:26 PM Re: TNdeer Origin [Re: Winchester]
Jason Bagby
12 Point

Loc: Lincoln County

Originally Posted By: showmehorns
I remember when I joined in 07. It was way different. Had Joker the Troll Killer. I don't remember Doe-Lusional name back then. Game-eye. Posting a pic of him in just his rob by a tree with his deer mounts. The Tattooed guy from Paris. And a few others back then. My first year they had a get together at Game eyes house with DA and a bunch of others. i tried to make that but ended up getting called to work. Also remember meeting spit and a few others at Toms steak house in Paris while they was at a LBL hunt.

Up until the infamous shotgun blast!
Been here for 10 years and made a few of the Vous along the way. Some good times and good people for sure!! Come on back your good they all said, as we hit the tree!! \:D

That was totally my fault.

I wasnt going to call names but since you have stepped forward!! Idgits!!! I think ol George Dickel was mostly at fault however!! \:D Good times!!

That was hilarious!
Bunnies,
It's what's for dinner.....

#3109449 - 01/04/13 04:52 PM Re: TNdeer Origin [Re: Jason Bagby]
Coach
16 Point

Loc: Pall Mall, TN and Dexter, MI

I can't read the other two stories right now..I think I have a hernia, no really, and possibly a small puddle under my chair from the Fubar story

Edited by Coach (01/04/13 04:56 PM)

Dean Business Supply, Llc

http://www.adam4d.com

#3109513 - 01/04/13 05:41 PM Re: TNdeer Origin [Re: hunter drew]
Knothead
12 Point

Loc: Middle TN

Me too. That's when doelusional was shooting the AK. Remember?

Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV)“The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left.”

Page 10 of 12 « First<89101112>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
LHanks24, Tkicm, Jingaling, colthutch, Pony Boy
13560 Registered Users
Who's Online
158 registered (dm239, deerkiller300wsm, deadeye 77, SudberrySlayer13, Master Chief, duckriver, 19 invisible) and 263 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13560 Members
43 Forums
99516 Topics
1170684 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.044 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.