Tndeer Logo

Page 2 of 3 <123>
Topic Options
#3098821 - 12/28/12 10:07 AM Re: First, they take our guns. Then......... [Re: worriedman]
BMan
16 Point

Loc: Middle TN

Originally Posted By: worriedman
Neither felt they were responsible for my safety, nor did they expect to spend any time providing protection for me.

Exactly; and that has been affirmed by the U.S. Supreme Court.

There is only one person responsible for your (and your family's) safety - YOU.

People need to remember that when the gun ban bill is introduced; will it make me more or less safe? If it limits your ability to protect yourself - and it will - it's a bad bill.

#3098839 - 12/28/12 10:19 AM Re: First, they take our guns. Then......... [Re: worriedman]
Redfred16
8 Point

Loc: Hartland, WI

Sat in a duck blind on Wednesday with a small town Police officer and his Commissioner, they both are of the opinion that only LE and the Military should have "Assault Weapons" and "High capacity clips".

Questioned them as to what they were hunting with at the moment, and they absolutely felt that their semi-automatic shotguns were NOT "Assault Weapons"...

I find it interesting that they felt that they should be able to keep an AR 15 and any type of magazine they wanted at their home simply because of a choice in employment. Neither felt they were responsible for my safety, nor did they expect to spend any time providing protection for me.

The remaining individuals in the blind did not agree, and judging by the tenor of the conversation, it will not be the last time this same conversation is had...

People's views are different when its either not going to affect them or benifit them.

I don't think I could hunt with them any longer, as I wouldn't trust them.

"Recon Ready"
Airborne and Air Assault Blood Wings Worn Here

#3098938 - 12/28/12 11:41 AM Re: First, they take our guns. Then......... [Re: worriedman]
Unicam Administrator
Grumpaw
16 Point

Loc: Dallas, GA. & Cookeville, TN

Sat in a duck blind on Wednesday with a small town Police officer and his Commissioner, they both are of the opinion that only LE and the Military should have "Assault Weapons" and "High capacity clips".

Questioned them as to what they were hunting with at the moment, and they absolutely felt that their semi-automatic shotguns were NOT "Assault Weapons"...

I find it interesting that they felt that they should be able to keep an AR 15 and any type of magazine they wanted at their home simply because of a choice in employment. Neither felt they were responsible for my safety, nor did they expect to spend any time providing protection for me.

The remaining individuals in the blind did not agree, and judging by the tenor of the conversation, it will not be the last time this same conversation is had...

Elitist entitlements abound in many communities. It is sad that our Government, Local and Fed think they are entitled to things the average joe in their eyes is not. Hypocricy at its best!! Did you ask them what makes them and their family better than yours?

Edited by Unicam (12/28/12 11:41 AM)

John 15:13

#3099005 - 12/28/12 12:47 PM Re: First, they take our guns. Then......... [Re: Unicam]
worriedman
6 Point

Loc: Bells

Originally Posted By: Unicam

Elitist entitlements abound in many communities. It is sad that our Government, Local and Fed think they are entitled to things the average joe in their eyes is not. Hypocricy at its best!! Did you ask them what makes them and their family better than yours?

I did, (status has never been a non-starter for me, I talk to the Lt. Governor the same was as I do anyone else).

Just because they chose to go into Law Enforcement does not make them any more able to enjoy the benefits of our Bill of Rights than me as a Construction worker.

We got into a discussion of the Castle Doctrine in TN, and neither had a clue what it was, or where to find it. My point to them was they had taken an oath to protect and defend the Constitutions of the State and Union, under Article 1 Section 26 to even suggest that confiscation of a legally owned weapon should be so abhorrent to them as to never even be considered.

I will say this, over the last 4 years, while spending the majority of my vacation days advocating for firearms Rights in Nashville, I have never had more than 4 other people in attendance at one time to speak for our issues. The legislators do not believe that there are enough people interested to cause them grief if they do the wrong thing. We stung Maggart hard, we had better make believers out of the rest of them this year or the game is over!

Edited by worriedman (12/28/12 12:50 PM)

Life Member NRA, TFA, Tennesseans for Liberty

#3099220 - 12/28/12 04:02 PM Re: First, they take our guns. Then......... [Re: worriedman]
chunkandwind
8 Point

Loc: mckenzie,tn

I will say this, over the last 4 years, while spending the majority of my vacation days advocating for firearms Rights in Nashville, I have never had more than 4 other people in attendance at one time to speak for our issues. The legislators do not believe that there are enough people interested to cause them grief if they do the wrong thing. We stung Maggart hard, we had better make believers out of the rest of them this year or the game is over!

May I ask what you are doing and how someone can join in?

Keep calm and brew beer.
Grow Organic! I can show you how.

#3099608 - 12/28/12 09:06 PM Re: First, they take our guns. Then......... [Re: chunkandwind]
worriedman
6 Point

Loc: Bells

Originally Posted By: chunkandwind

May I ask what you are doing and how someone can join in?

Working to pass firearms friendly legislation. I testify in committees in the House and Senate. I also work with several of the legislators to help draft legislation.

Personal face time in the capitol building is VERY important, you can cut the lobbyist with a knife, we need some of our advocates there in person as well.

If you are serious, PM me.

Life Member NRA, TFA, Tennesseans for Liberty

#3105611 - 01/02/13 08:38 AM Re: First, they take our guns. Then......... [Re: TNhunter]
Pic IN the Casa
14 Point

Loc: TN

Originally Posted By: TNhunter
I think lots of LE are of that mindset. My take on it is that they are as anti 2nd amendment as the liberal left loons.

the more of them I speak to the more I think you are correct.

#3105616 - 01/02/13 08:43 AM Re: First, they take our guns. Then......... [Re: worriedman]
Pic IN the Casa
14 Point

Loc: TN

This is quite interesting. I sat with a good buddy in a blind just the other day who is a huge gun freak, competition shooter, etc... who said, and I quote:

"I've been shooting guns since I was 5. I've owned a dozen quote assault weapons but If somebody asked my why I need a 30 round clip I couldn't give them a good answer. I'm an NRA member, go to the conventions and everything but maybe we should let them take AR's and stuff."

I said you have GOT to be kidding me. You have sold your soul in a moment of emotion.

#3105626 - 01/02/13 08:53 AM Re: First, they take our guns. Then......... [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Loc: Smith Co.

Quote:
..........but If somebody asked my why I need a 30 round clip I couldn't give them a good answer.

Simple, because we don't have a "Bill of needs".

#3105740 - 01/02/13 10:44 AM Re: First, they take our guns. Then......... [Re: cecil30-30]
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

content Online
 Originally Posted By: cecil30-30
Be alot of dead police if they went house to house confinscateing weapons

I, sadly, don't think so Cec. I believe they can/will show up, knock, show their warrant and enter while securing the homeowner and family, while the premises are searched. Statements like "if you don't open your safe, we'll cut it open" will be asked, but little resistance will be met by the officers. \:\(

Also, the LEO's will be fed propaganda on the ensuing raid, labeling the perp as a terrorist or other threat to homeland sec.

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

Page 2 of 3 <123>

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Urban deer Hunter, Mclem135, Cch, Timberninja31, Claims Rep.
13266 Registered Users
Who's Online
20 registered (Deerhunter, RodBone75, Planking, MUP, LA man, hunter drew, 2 invisible) and 61 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13266 Members
42 Forums
92902 Topics
1085485 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.084 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.