Page 465 of 557 « First<463464465466467>Last »
Topic Options
#3105445 - 01/02/13 05:08 AM Re: verse of the day,, [Re: Tiny]
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

Glory to God in the highest
For Unto Us A Child Is Born...

And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night. An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified.

But the angel said to them,

"Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord. This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger."

Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying,

"Glory to God in the highest,
and on earth peace to men
on whom his favor rests."

When the angels had left them and gone into heaven, the shepherds said to one another, "Let's go to Bethlehem and see this thing that has happened, which the Lord has told us about."

So they hurried off and found Mary and Joseph, and the baby, who was lying in the manger. When they had seen him, they spread the word concerning what had been told them about this child, and all who heard it were amazed at what the shepherds said to them.

But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart. The shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things they had heard and seen, which were just as they had been told.

Luke 2:8-20 NIV

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#3105447 - 01/02/13 05:09 AM Re: verse of the day,, [Re: MUP]
MUP
Non-Typical

For Unto Us A Child Is Born... The Son of God
Prophecy Fulfilled in the Person of Jesus of Nazareth

Messiah would be called of God from His mother's womb

Prophecies:

"I was cast upon thee from the womb:
thou art my God from my mothers belly."

Psalm 22:10

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Listen, O isles, unto me;
and hearken, ye people, from far;
The Lord hath called me from the womb;
from the bowels of my mother
hath he made mention of my name."

Isaiah 49:1

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Fulfillment:

"And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favor with God. And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.

He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest; and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end."

Luke 1:30-33

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost. And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins."

Matthew 1:20-21

The Messiah would come to do the will of God

Prophecy:

"Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me, 8 I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart."

Psalm 40:7-8

Fulfillment:

"I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me."

John 5:30

#3105451 - 01/02/13 05:45 AM Re: verse of the day,, [Re: MUP]
rem270
18 Point

Loc: south fulton

Psalm 19:14- May the words of my heard and the meditation of my mouth be acceptable to you,Lord, my rock, and my redeemer.

Its not what happens in life, but how you react to it that matters.

#3107036 - 01/03/13 04:36 AM Re: verse of the day,, [Re: rem270]
kdxdude
10 Point

Loc: Cleveland, Tn.

...be made new in the attitude of your minds...

—Ephesians 4:23

#3107066 - 01/03/13 05:45 AM Re: verse of the day,, [Re: kdxdude]
rem270
18 Point

Fear thou not; For i am with Thee; Be not dismayed; For i am thy GOD; I will strengten Thee; Yea, i will help Thee.

Isaiah 41:10

Edited by rem270 (01/03/13 05:45 AM)

#3107296 - 01/03/13 08:53 AM Re: verse of the day,, [Re: rem270]
MUP
Non-Typical

Jesus is the Prince of Peace

Jesus is the Prince of Peace, bringing peace between A Holy, Righteous God and sinners like you and me.

Prophecy:

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace."

Isaiah 9:6

Fulfillment:

"And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven."

Colossians 1:20

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world."

John 16:33

And, He is the wonderful counselor in Isaiah 9 as well

Fulfillment:

"And when he was come into his own country, he taught them in their synagogue, insomuch that they were astonished, and said, Whence hath this man this wisdom, and these mighty works?"

Matthew 13:54

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"But he passing through the midst of them went his way, And came down to Capernaum, a city of Galilee, and taught them on the sabbath days. And they were astonished at his doctrine: for his word was with power."

Luke 4:30-32

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ; In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge."

Colossians 2:2-3

#3107297 - 01/03/13 08:54 AM Re: verse of the day,, [Re: MUP]
MUP
Non-Typical

Messiah Is God Incarnate

Clearly, Messiah would be God Incarnate

Prophecy:

"Of old hast thou laid the foundation of the earth: and the heavens are the work of thy hands. They shall perish, but thou shalt endure: yea, all of them shall wax old like a garment; as a vesture shalt thou change them, and they shall be changed: But thou art the same, and thy years shall have no end."

Psalm 102:25-27

Fulfillment:

"And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands: they shall perish; but thou remainest; and they all shall wax old as doth a garment; 12 And as a vesture shalt thou fold them up, and they shall be changed: but thou art the same, and thy years shall not fail."

Hebrews 1:10-12

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:"

Ephesians 3:9

Messiah is Lord of All

Prophecy:

"The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool."

Psalm 110:1

Fulfillment:

"While the Pharisees were gathered together, Jesus asked them, Saying, What think ye of Christ? whose son is he? They say unto him, The son of David.

He saith unto them, How then doth David in spirit call him Lord, saying, The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool? 45 If David then call him Lord, how is he his son?

And no man was able to answer him a word, neither durst any man from that day forth ask him any more questions."

Matthew 22:41-45

#3107420 - 01/03/13 10:30 AM Re: verse of the day,, [Re: MUP]
Snake
16 Point

Loc: McMinn Co.Tennessee U.S.

content Online
2 Thessalonians (KJV) 2 : 1Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,

2That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand

#3108624 - 01/04/13 05:06 AM Re: verse of the day,, [Re: mr.big]
MUP
Non-Typical

He Is A River Of Life and Healing for the Nations
Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him. By this he meant the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were later to receive. Up to that time the Spirit had not been given, since Jesus had not yet been glorified.

John 7:38,39 NIV

For the Lord will not reject forever,
for if He causes grief,

Then He will have compassion
According to His abundant lovingkindness.

For He does not afflict willingly or
grieve the sons of men.

Lamentations 3:31-33 NASB

#3108639 - 01/04/13 05:45 AM Re: verse of the day,, [Re: MUP]
rem270
18 Point

Vindicate me Lord, because i have lived with integrity and have trusted in the Lord without wavering.

Test me, Lord and try me; examine my heart and mind.

For your faithful love is before my eyes, and I live by your truth.

Psalm 26:1-3

Page 465 of 557 « First<463464465466467>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
bootsinsand, bigun714, clh200, tlwilliams, Forvols
13179 Registered Users
Who's Online
109 registered (Dbllunger, pledbetter, Bucky, Roost 1, TNtrapper, Southpaw, 10 invisible) and 121 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13179 Members
42 Forums
90967 Topics
1063043 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.11 seconds in which 0.047 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.