Tndeer Logo

Page 5 of 5 <12345
Topic Options
#3105686 - 01/02/13 10:02 AM Re: SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC [Re: BamaProud]
Vermin93
12 Point

Loc: Dallas, TX & Signal Mtn, TN

Originally Posted By: BamaProud
Vermin, you sound like you are already setting the stage for your post game discussion following a pummeling by Alabama.

"Bama's players are Thugs"
"At Notre Dame we care about more than Football"
"Notre Dames players are smarter than yall"
...academic standards, holier than thou etc...

Keep the faith man, if a few of Alabama's players come down with the Flu or the bus crashes on the way to Miami Notre Dame could win.

\:\) ;\)

Now hold on a minute - I never said or implied that Bama's players are thugs. I have no idea if any of them are or not. I said Saban had a lot of issues with off the field issues when he first showed up and that he's done a good job of cleaning that up.

I will say that if Notre Dame wins it will be an absolutely incredible achievement to have won the National Championship in football and also have the highest graduation rate of any football team.

Notre Dame's players are smarter, but that has no bearing on who the better football team is. If Notre Dame loses it's probably going to be because Alabama has the better football team. Thankfully for Alabama it's a football game, not an academic decathlon or a spelling bee. ;\)

I believe this game will be closer than you think. I think it's decided by 7 points or less.

And trust me - if ND gets thumped I won't fall back on the "but our players are smarter and ND cares about more than football" excuse. Everybody already knows those things are true. Such excuse making is lame, except in cases of undeserving Heisman Trophy winners.

#3105706 - 01/02/13 10:25 AM Re: SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC [Re: beachguy]
Kingston
8 Point

Loc: Blue Ridge Mtns

content Online
 Originally Posted By: beachguy
 Originally Posted By: A.Hall
 Originally Posted By: JSassassin
If Michigan had any defense at all they would've put SC away early.

The ref was helping Michigan.

what? the first down Michigan "made" lol

They{Michigan} must pay the refs well ;). Go to last years Orange Bowl and look at what they did to VT on the game winning catch at the end of the game.

#3107001 - 01/03/13 01:10 AM Re: SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC [Re: Vermin93]
BamaProud
12 Point

Loc: Shelby County, TN

Originally Posted By: Vermin93

Now hold on a minute -

just mussing with ya! \:\)

...but Alabama's Graduation rates are pretty darn good as well.

Also, considering they have put 30 players in the NFL (some before graduating) in the past few years, that has to have a impact on those numbers.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-footbal...-football-teams

In the end, I think most people understand and accept that probably 80-90% of all Division 1 Football and Basketball players on all teams wouldn't be in college if it weren't for their athletic ability.

#3107027 - 01/03/13 04:01 AM Re: SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC [Re: Vermin93]
BamaProud
12 Point

Originally Posted By: Vermin93
Vermin, you sound like you are already setting the stage for your post game discussion following a pummeling by Alabama.

"Bama's players are Thugs"
"At Notre Dame we care about more than Football"
"Notre Dames players are smarter than yall"
...academic standards, holier than thou etc...

Keep the faith man, if a few of Alabama's players come down with the Flu or the bus crashes on the way to Miami Notre Dame could win.

\:\) ;\)

Now hold on a minute - I never said or implied that Bama's players are thugs. I have no idea if any of them are or not. I said Saban had a lot of issues with off the field issues when he first showed up and that he's done a good job of cleaning that up.

I will say that if Notre Dame wins it will be an absolutely incredible achievement to have won the National Championship in football and also have the highest graduation rate of any football team.

Notre Dame's players are smarter, but that has no bearing on who the better football team is. If Notre Dame loses it's probably going to be because Alabama has the better football team. Thankfully for Alabama it's a football game, not an academic decathlon or a spelling bee. ;\)

I believe this game will be closer than you think. I think it's decided by 7 points or less.

And trust me - if ND gets thumped I won't fall back on the "but our players are smarter and ND cares about more than football" excuse. Everybody already knows those things are true. Such excuse making is lame, except in cases of undeserving Heisman Trophy winners.

Oh by the way, the Alabama team made it to Miami, no bus crash. (they took a plane) so unless they all come down with the Flu or all get food poisoning from the pre-game meal, Notre Dams is going to have a long, sad trip back to Indiana. \:\)

#3107037 - 01/03/13 04:36 AM Re: SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC [Re: BamaProud]
JSassassin
8 Point

Loc: white bluff

Just like Florida should have stomped Louisville right?
Bwwwwwaaaaahhhhhhhh

#3113998 - 01/08/13 12:26 AM Re: SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC [Re: ]
BamaProud
12 Point

SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC

‎7 BCS National Championships in a row for the SEC...2 consecutive for Alabama, 3 out of the last 4 for Bama, its officially a Dynasty ...and how about football in the State of Alabama? 4 consecutive National Championships.

#3114030 - 01/08/13 04:20 AM Re: SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC [Re: BamaProud]
beachguy
10 Point

Loc: USA

‎7 BCS National Championships in a row for the SEC...2 consecutive for Alabama, 3 out of the last 4 for Bama, its officially a Dynasty ...and how about football in the State of Alabama? 4 consecutive National Championships.

YES SIR!

Page 5 of 5 <12345

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
zatoan, DanParchman3, saddleman1, Jculber301, Mik475
13282 Registered Users
Who's Online
112 registered (Deer Assassin, MickThompson, Deer Whisperer, Beekeeper, RAFI, ruger7mag, 17 invisible) and 127 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13282 Members
42 Forums
93358 Topics
1090090 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.12 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.