Tndeer Logo

Page 3 of 6 <12345>Last »
Topic Options
#3147551 - 01/31/13 10:04 PM Re: Pine Top Hunting Club [Re: coltsfan]
mossyhorns300
10 Point

Loc: memphis, tn & savannah, tn

Originally Posted By: coltsfan

The club rules are not overly strict, but they are enforced. Whenever activities of members will put the club or other club members at risk, appropriate disciplinary actions are taken, as they should be.

Hopefully this is true and rules are abided by, because the member that was kicked out of our club, was kicked out for blatant violations of club rules, and when called on it and rules and fines were enforced, this member refused to pay said fines and was promptly removed from the club.

Other than that, I have no other knowledge of this particular place other than what we were told and what others were told who inquired about it. Good luck and I hope it works out for the best.

Pretty women make us buy beer...........Ugly women make us drink beer!

#3147559 - 01/31/13 10:09 PM Re: Pine Top Hunting Club [Re: UpperTully]
mossyhorns300
10 Point

Originally Posted By: UpperTully

Im glad a club member chimed in, has there been any members shoot deer that was protected by QDMA rules? Im just curious?

Funny you say that, UpperTully. See my post above, and you will know why the person was removed from our lease.

#3147609 - 01/31/13 10:49 PM Re: Pine Top Hunting Club [Re: mossyhorns300]
Yeppers
4 Point

Loc: Bartlett, TN

WHOA THERE, UpperTully!

I don't know why you are so mad, but I ASSURE you that the club manager is a STRAIGHT SHOOTER and one of the nicest guys I have ever met.

I joined the club last year, got in late, and was given EVERY possible courtesy. I even borrowed his popup camper (which he DELIVERED to the campground!).

You are saying things based on your interaction, which apparently didn't go well...and that's too bad, but attacking his mental state...come on.

I back up what Colts fan said about the members too. I was at last fall's workday and met some real nice people.

#3147614 - 01/31/13 10:59 PM Re: Pine Top Hunting Club [Re: Yeppers]
Yeppers
4 Point

Oh, and to answer your question about deer being killed outside of QDMA rules, yes, pretty sure someone did based on info from the manager and his efforts to find out who did it. I am also pretty sure that person was confronted about it too...

He really is trying to run a good club. All I can guess is that you two just clashed.

#3147616 - 01/31/13 11:02 PM Re: Pine Top Hunting Club [Re: Yeppers]
Yeppers
4 Point

Mossy, I don't personally know the hunter on the website pic...

But I promise you, if he's still a rule breaker like he was in your club, then he won't last long at PineTop...

Our manager IS A NINJA...and he will find out, and that dude will be GONE...

#3147649 - 01/31/13 11:42 PM Re: Pine Top Hunting Club [Re: Yeppers]
mossyhorns300
10 Point

Originally Posted By: Yeppers
Mossy, I don't personally know the hunter on the website pic...

But I promise you, if he's still a rule breaker like he was in your club, then he won't last long at PineTop...

Our manager IS A NINJA...and he will find out, and that dude will be GONE...

I sure hope so. Several guys had bad run ins with him. Good luck next season and I hope it works out well for everyone. I just hate to see one bad apple ruin it for everyone.

#3147987 - 02/01/13 09:11 AM Re: Pine Top Hunting Club [Re: coltsfan]
UpperTully
8 Point

Loc: Millington, Tn

I was just curious because AC had told me on 12/29 that he was having issues of people shooting bucks that didn't meet the requirements and was kicking several members out

#3148018 - 02/01/13 09:33 AM Re: Pine Top Hunting Club [Re: Yeppers]
UpperTully
8 Point

Loc: Millington, Tn

Originally Posted By: Yeppers
WHOA THERE, UpperTully!

I don't know why you are so mad, but I ASSURE you that the club manager is a STRAIGHT SHOOTER and one of the nicest guys I have ever met.

I joined the club last year, got in late, and was given EVERY possible courtesy. I even borrowed his popup camper (which he DELIVERED to the campground!).

You are saying things based on your interaction, which apparently didn't go well...and that's too bad, but attacking his mental state...come on.

I back up what Colts fan said about the members too. I was at last fall's workday and met some real nice people.

Please understand I am the least bit mad, im a strait shooter and call it as I see it. My dealings with AC was not that great. I had inquired with AC about joining, filled out a application and was waiting for his call. He stated he would call around the 20th. I heard nothing took it as he chose someone else. So no big deal. He text me on the 30th, I told him I was still interested and wanted to come up and lay eyes on the property but it would be a week to 11 days before I come up since he caught me at the end of my 6 days off and I wasn't sure what my days off were until I went back to work ( which would be the following day). He told me he wanted a schedule commitment from me instead of a week or so and to call him when I was serious and he MIGHT give me a brief tour if he had a spot open. told him again I don't know when my days off are until I go back to work ( which was yesterday). He then told me I can just mail or pay dues over the website. Which I was not going to do without laying eyes on the property and physically meet the man I was dealing with. He was not understanding of that and rambled on about people blowing smoke up his arse, referred to me as a wannabe dipshat city hunter and mentioned he has 100 problems he deals with weekly with this club. That didn't rub me to well so I told him I told him to forget it if he cant wait for me to find out what days off are and let him know. He kept texting me ranting on after that, that's just a horrible way to conduct buisiness. If you care to see some of the texts I can email then to you. He maybe the nicest man in the world but after that I'd beg to differ.

Im sorry, maybe y'all have a good club but to a potential member that has received very vague and little information I cant base my decision off of a website with pictures or blindly send money to a guy who doesn't give me a full name, not with as many scam artist that are out there today. Anyone can build a website posed as a club and pass out memberships. It was all the signs of being a disaster waiting to happen considering I got very little feedback on here in my initial post but with him acting like that I wouldnt recommend anyone dealing with him, nor does the ones that's seen the conversation and especially not after the things I've been told through PM's about PTHC.

Edited by UpperTully (02/01/13 10:07 AM)

#3148094 - 02/01/13 10:24 AM Re: Pine Top Hunting Club [Re: UpperTully]
Yeppers
4 Point

I hear what you are saying, and I think I understand your position on this...

Basically, you guys just didn't hit it off...LOL

All I can tell you is, when I couldn't find ANYWHERE to hunt, I didn't care whether or not I saw the land first. And, since it is 1.5 to 2 hours for me, depending on section, I wasn't thrilled about driving that far, but for the price, you really can't beat this club.

I have one other option - a friend of mine runs a 600 acre club in Fayette Corners area, that I can join for 1000/yr. I really like him, but I just can't pay that. It is literally not within my budget, but I consider it from time to time just because I can be there in 45 minutes.

Even if I do decide to pay 1000 to shorten my drive, I would still probably stay in PineTop because of...
1. 2500+ acres!
2. Really good section organization
3. first come first server "put tag on the board" system
4. constant upkeep of gates by manager
5. constant presence on land of manager
6. rule enforcement by manager
7. willingness to help in stand placement by manager
8. offers to guide by manager
9. etc

Did you notice the ones with stuff about the manager? He really does try hard.

If you guys got cross, it was probably more a personality clash than anything else.

I hope you find a place to hunt, and I wish you good luck.

Business sometimes ends this way, but there's nothing you can do to make sure no one ever pisses you off, it's just gonna happen. When it does, we all have the right to walk away...

#3148119 - 02/01/13 10:50 AM Re: Pine Top Hunting Club [Re: Yeppers]
Yeppers
4 Point

The ONLY complaint I have is that I don't live closer to this club...

In fact, if this club was within 45 minutes of Bartlett, AC could probably charge 2K or more a year for the acreage he has.

He could charge more now, but he told me he just didn't think it was right to pocket a bunch of cash doing this. He still works for a living, and this club is NOT his living, he just loves doing it and being out there.

You might say he was blowing smoke when he told me that, but I consider myself a pretty good judge of people, and I don't think he was lying to me.

And to the person who said "I'll never join a 25+ member club again", all I can say is that the hunting pressure in our club is never a problem. We have about 50 SECTIONS, so they can't all EVER be full.

You could hunt a different section every time you go out, and never hunt the same place twice if you wanted to.

The simple truth is openings come up because people break rules, and some people don't stay cuz it's too far to drive. Then, AC opens it up and gets new members. Then, they decide whether or not they are happy. Some leave.

But at such a low price, some (even I did) wonder "is this too good to be true?" and get suspicious.

I'm just glad I have a place to hunt. I didn't for a few years, tried the public land thing, and didn't like it.

To each his own...

Page 3 of 6 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Tennessee Todd, Unicam, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck, gtk 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
yarddawg54, schiesser, bigdoc, Bggamehunter, willy2763
13605 Registered Users
Who's Online
1 registered (larry.boy.k) and 68 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13605 Members
43 Forums
100233 Topics
1180122 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.009 seconds in which 0.004 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.