Tndeer Logo

Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
#3099425 - 12/28/12 07:03 PM Saskatchewan hunt
bow-hunter
4 Point

Loc: west TN

I am going on a hunt in Saskatchewan next year. I have a choice of the first week or the third week in November but I'm not sure which one I would rather go. I was curious if anybody else on here has hunted there and have a recommendation which week they would go?
#3099438 - 12/28/12 07:14 PM Re: Saskatchewan hunt [Re: bow-hunter]
eightpointer
14 Point

Loc: Birchwood, TN

pm Bowriter...
#3099461 - 12/28/12 07:32 PM Re: Saskatchewan hunt [Re: eightpointer]
hunter drew
14 Point

Loc: henderson county TN Lexington

That far north I would say the first week forsure

#3099471 - 12/28/12 07:38 PM Re: Saskatchewan hunt [Re: hunter drew]
bow-hunter
4 Point

The outfitter says the first week produces as well the third week but from what I read the third week should be during the rut. Just having a hard time deciding.

Edited by bow-hunter (12/28/12 07:39 PM)

#3099486 - 12/28/12 07:43 PM Re: Saskatchewan hunt [Re: bow-hunter]
timberjack86
12 Point

Loc: Grundy county

I would choose the chasing phase over peak rut anyday.

#3099510 - 12/28/12 07:58 PM Re: Saskatchewan hunt [Re: timberjack86]
Greenhead
4 Point

Loc: Chattanooga, TN

Look. At the moon phase to avoid the full.

#3099626 - 12/28/12 09:23 PM Re: Saskatchewan hunt [Re: Greenhead]
Mr.Bro
10 Point

Loc: Hendersonville Tn.

Been there three times.

Never hunted the first week.Outfitter i was with said the first week can be a bust if snow and cold weather doesnt happen.He didnt even offer hunts the first week.
The only good thing about the first week is you know the stands arent worn out.Lots of guides overhunt their stands.I believe i would pass the first week.

Second and third weeks would be my choice.More reliable weather.

Third week should be good next year.

Make sure you dont go on Thanksgiving week or you will pay another $600 dollars for air fare.

Other helpful hints.
Call Thompson Travel Agency in Saskatoon and let them set up your flight and hotel arrangements.Yes you will need a hotel the first night in Saskatoon.Also the last night in Saskatoon.They will also get a rental truck ready for you.Ask for a 4 wheel drive.Truck or Suburban.Depending on number of guys going with you.Some guides will pick you up in Saskatoon.Most dont.

From experience never fly Air Canada.

Make sure 1 person has room on their Credit Card for truck rental.Probably cost you 4-5 hundred dollars for a week.

Must have passport and no felony conviction or Canada may not let you in.They can refuse a person entry for even a DUI if they want to.

Do all money transaction with credit card and let them figure the going rate.

Most of all.Have fun and kill a big un.

#3099633 - 12/28/12 09:27 PM Re: Saskatchewan hunt [Re: Mr.Bro]
Mr.Bro
10 Point

Loc: Hendersonville Tn.

What outfitter?

#3099649 - 12/28/12 09:37 PM Re: Saskatchewan hunt [Re: Mr.Bro]
bow-hunter
4 Point

Originally Posted By: Mr.Bro
Been there three times.

Never hunted the first week.Outfitter i was with said the first week can be a bust if snow and cold weather doesnt happen.He didnt even offer hunts the first week.
The only good thing about the first week is you know the stands arent worn out.Lots of guides overhunt their stands.I believe i would pass the first week.

Make sure you dont go on Thanksgiving week or you will pay another $600 dollars for air fare.

Other helpful hints.
Call Thompson Travel Agency in Saskatoon and let them set up your flight and hotel arrangements.Yes you will need a hotel the first night in Saskatoon.Also the last night in Saskatoon.They will also get a rental truck ready for you.Ask for a 4 wheel drive.Truck or Suburban.Depending on number of guys going with you.Some guides will pick you up in Saskatoon.Most dont.

Make sure 1 person has room on their Credit Card for truck rental.Probably cost you 4-5 hundred dollars for a week.

Must have passport and no felony conviction or Canada may not let you in.They can refuse a person entry for even a DUI if they want to.

Most of all.Have fun and kill a big un.[/quote
[quote=Mr.Bro]Been there three times.

Other helpful hints.

Most of all.Have fun and kill a big un.

Thanks for the info. We are driving. I was also worried about the first week of the month possibly being above average temperatures. I have to decide something by tomorrow. The outfitter says they feel as good about the first week as the third. He said there is not as much rutting activity but they are more patterned on the bait.

Edited by bow-hunter (12/29/12 07:17 AM)

#3099678 - 12/28/12 09:49 PM Re: Saskatchewan hunt [Re: Mr.Bro]
bow-hunter
4 Point

Originally Posted By: Mr.Bro
What outfitter?

Saskcan outfitter

Page 1 of 2 12>

Moderator:  RUGER, Tennessee Todd, Unicam, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, Outdoor Lady, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Kirk, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
bassassassin7, BBQ, Kornhunter, Afleming17, 260rem
13281 Registered Users
Who's Online
8 registered (cdw338, TNRazorback, Master Chief, mossyoakmantn, TX300mag, Daniel n) and 76 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13281 Members
42 Forums
85144 Topics
1028957 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.338 seconds in which 0.077 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.