Tndeer Logo

Page 1 of 3 123>
Topic Options
#3097807 - 12/27/12 04:03 PM First, they take our guns. Then.........
sgtwebb1
14 Point

Loc: Ooltewah/Harrison TN, USA

Police wonder if they'll have to confiscate weapons in the event of an "assault weapons" ban

To all you doubters.....

they're making plans to DO IT.

.....just look to Russia of just a couple generations ago.

"And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward." Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Edited by sgtwebb1 (12/27/12 04:04 PM)

Visit my Blog:
Sons of LiberTea Blog

#3097823 - 12/27/12 04:13 PM Re: First, they take our guns. Then......... [Re: sgtwebb1]
cecil30-30
16 Point

Loc: Morgan Co

Be alot of dead police if they went house to house confinscateing weapons

Ban Liberals!!! Save America!!!!

#3098248 - 12/27/12 08:27 PM Re: First, they take our guns. Then......... [Re: cecil30-30]
FLTENNHUNTER1
16 Point

Loc: Tampa FL

Knock Knock Boom Boom

#3098260 - 12/27/12 08:30 PM Re: First, they take our guns. Then......... [Re: FLTENNHUNTER1]
lpo1981
6 Point

Loc: Dickson, TN

I don't think our own police officers or military will do this.. I believe It will be the UN who heads this operation up.
#3098357 - 12/27/12 09:11 PM Re: First, they take our guns. Then......... [Re: lpo1981]
TNhunter
TnDeer Old Timer
10 Point

Loc: Murfreesboro, TN, Rutherford

Originally Posted By: lpo1981
I don't think our own police officers or military will do this.. I believe It will be the UN who heads this operation up.

If that is the case it will be full-on war I'm predicting.

"If there is unrest, the government will seize all the registered guns."

"You need guns and ammo first then everything else."

#3098383 - 12/27/12 09:33 PM Re: First, they take our guns. Then......... [Re: TNhunter]
FLTENNHUNTER1
16 Point

Loc: Tampa FL

#3098436 - 12/27/12 10:14 PM Re: First, they take our guns. Then......... [Re: TNhunter]
lpo1981
6 Point

Loc: Dickson, TN

Originally Posted By: TNhunter
 Originally Posted By: lpo1981

If that is the case it will be full-on war I'm predicting.

I believe that most officers, deputies and military will not enforce this as most of them are just as American as us and believe in the amendments and our rights as individuals.. I believe it will be all out war and that it will happen in the next 4 years! It's already well on its way...

#3098612 - 12/28/12 06:53 AM Re: First, they take our guns. Then......... [Re: lpo1981]
worriedman
6 Point

Loc: Bells

Sat in a duck blind on Wednesday with a small town Police officer and his Commissioner, they both are of the opinion that only LE and the Military should have "Assault Weapons" and "High capacity clips".

Questioned them as to what they were hunting with at the moment, and they absolutely felt that their semi-automatic shotguns were NOT "Assault Weapons"...

I find it interesting that they felt that they should be able to keep an AR 15 and any type of magazine they wanted at their home simply because of a choice in employment. Neither felt they were responsible for my safety, nor did they expect to spend any time providing protection for me.

The remaining individuals in the blind did not agree, and judging by the tenor of the conversation, it will not be the last time this same conversation is had...

Life Member NRA, TFA, Tennesseans for Liberty

#3098755 - 12/28/12 09:17 AM Re: First, they take our guns. Then......... [Re: worriedman]
TNhunter
TnDeer Old Timer
10 Point

Loc: Murfreesboro, TN, Rutherford

I think lots of LE are of that mindset. My take on it is that they are as anti 2nd amendment as the liberal left loons.

"If there is unrest, the government will seize all the registered guns."

"You need guns and ammo first then everything else."

#3098798 - 12/28/12 09:48 AM Re: First, they take our guns. Then......... [Re: worriedman]
Grizzly Johnson
Team Grizzly
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

Originally Posted By: worriedman
Sat in a duck blind on Wednesday with a small town Police officer and his Commissioner, they both are of the opinion that only LE and the Military should have "Assault Weapons" and "High capacity clips".

Questioned them as to what they were hunting with at the moment, and they absolutely felt that their semi-automatic shotguns were NOT "Assault Weapons"...

I find it interesting that they felt that they should be able to keep an AR 15 and any type of magazine they wanted at their home simply because of a choice in employment. Neither felt they were responsible for my safety, nor did they expect to spend any time providing protection for me.

The remaining individuals in the blind did not agree, and judging by the tenor of the conversation, it will not be the last time this same conversation is had...

I believe I'd find some new people to hunt with..... or better yet, tell them to find another blind to hunt in.... if that's how they want to be.

Page 1 of 3 123>

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
bootsinsand, bigun714, clh200, tlwilliams, Forvols
13179 Registered Users
Who's Online
25 registered (mossyoakmantn, Steele, Tracker, shaneb, Jaye, Stevie Ray) and 70 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13179 Members
42 Forums
91002 Topics
1063434 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.044 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.