Tndeer Logo

Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#3097641 - 12/27/12 01:40 PM Re: Dianne Feinstein (senator from Ca.) proposal [Re: W C]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

Originally Posted By: W C
 Originally Posted By: sgtwebb1
 Originally Posted By: W C
 Originally Posted By: Wildcat
Who's going to stop him????

I can't help but think states may tell the feds to get screwed on this. Sentiment on states rights vs the feds is almost to a boiling point. Organized rallys at state capitals by legal gun owners may tip the scale on this one.

Then by God, lets organize one!!

Out elected representatives need to understand that if they allow this abomination, they're going to lose their jobs.

I live in Alabama and I'm putting out a few feelers for interest in some gatherings.

Go for it. So far NOBODY is doing much of anything except LAUGH at others that say this will not be a "small easy ban" but will be more like the Gun Control Act of 1968.

#3097644 - 12/27/12 01:41 PM Re: Dianne Feinstein (senator from Ca.) proposal [Re: W C]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

By the way, the NFA is a Federal program so the states cannot do much of anything.

#3097704 - 12/27/12 02:26 PM Re: Dianne Feinstein (senator from Ca.) proposal [Re: Wildcat]
W C
10 Point

Loc: Alabama

By the way, the NFA is a Federal program so the states cannot do much of anything.

Very well aware of that since I play their game but I think a LOT of changes by states will come from this.

#3097765 - 12/27/12 03:31 PM Re: Dianne Feinstein (senator from Ca.) proposal [Re: Wildcat]
sgtwebb1
16 Point

Loc: Ooltewah/Harrison TN, USA

Go for it. So far NOBODY is doing much of anything except LAUGH at others that say this will not be a "small easy ban" but will be more like the Gun Control Act of 1968.

Well, I have been saying all along that they're going to go for it all this time.

FrankenFeinStein is proposing a so-called "grandfather clause" that forces us to "register" our "grandfathered" weapons this time around.

From the hideous one's Senate website;

Summary of 2013 legislation

Following is a summary of the 2013 legislation:

* Bans the sale, transfer, importation, or manufacturing of:
120 specifically-named firearms;
*Certain other semiautomatic rifles, handguns, shotguns that can accept a detachable magazine and have one or more military characteristics; and
*Semiautomatic rifles and handguns with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds.
*Strengthens the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban and various state bans by:
*Moving from a 2-characteristic test to a 1-characteristic test;
*Eliminating the easy-to-remove bayonet mounts and flash suppressors from the characteristics test; and
*Banning firearms with “thumbhole stocks” and “bullet buttons to address attempts to “work around” prior bans.
*Bans large-capacity ammunition feeding devices capable of accepting more than 10 rounds.
*Protects legitimate hunters and the rights of existing gun owners by:
*Grandfathering weapons legally possessed on the date of enactment;
*Exempting over 900 specifically-named weapons used for hunting or sporting purposes; and
*Exempting antique, manually-operated, and permanently disabled weapons.

*Requires that grandfathered weapons be registered under the National Firearms Act, to include:
*Background check of owner and any transferee; (goodbye private sales)
*Type and serial number of the firearm;
*Positive identification, including photograph and fingerprint;
*Certification from local law enforcement of identity and that possession would not violate State or local law; and
*Dedicated funding for ATF to implement registration.

They're going for everything just short of full blown confiscation, and by "registration", fingerprinting, picture ID of all owners of "grandfathered" weapons, they'll have the means to do it much quicker.

Her stated belief is that we should be disarmed.

This proves it beyond any reasonable doubt.

And, of course, Obama says he supports this.

Here we go...............

Visit my Blog:
Sons of LiberTea Blog

#3097772 - 12/27/12 03:34 PM Re: Dianne Feinstein (senator from Ca.) proposal [Re: sgtwebb1]
stik
"Popcorn"
18 Point

Loc: lenoir city,tn

i will not comply.

nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught

#3097785 - 12/27/12 03:46 PM Re: Dianne Feinstein (senator from Ca.) proposal [Re: stik]
Redfred16
8 Point

Loc: Hartland, WI

It's a shame I sold all my guns, except my Remington 700 at a gun show very recently.

"Recon Ready"
Airborne and Air Assault Blood Wings Worn Here

#3099544 - 12/28/12 08:17 PM Re: Dianne Feinstein (senator from Ca.) proposal [Re: Redfred16]
FLIPPER
10 Point

Loc: Niota, Tn

First and foremost ...I'm on your side.

But considering only approximately 129 million voters turned out for the election back in November and there are approximately 80 million gun owners is truly sad.
If gun owners would've stood "united" a month and half ago....I'm thinking we wouldn't be having this discussion.

#3099604 - 12/28/12 09:03 PM Re: Dianne Feinstein (senator from Ca.) proposal [Re: FLIPPER]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: FLIPPER

But considering only approximately 129 million voters turned out for the election back in November and there are approximately 80 million gun owners is truly sad.
If gun owners would've stood "united" a month and half ago....I'm thinking we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Your right but there are millions of "gun owners" that support this coming ban. There are still other millions of "gun owners" that are just laying back and thinking nothing will be done as far as any ban of any kind.

#3100091 - 12/29/12 12:07 PM Re: Dianne Feinstein (senator from Ca.) proposal [Re: Wildcat]
Rebel
TnDeer Old Timer
12 Point

Loc: East Tennessee USA

I sent a letter to Corker and Duncan last night. And that's just a start... FWIW, all gunowners in Tennessee need to contact your elected representatives.

Tolerance is a virtue of those who believe in nothing.

Deo Vindice

#3100868 - 12/29/12 10:58 PM Re: Dianne Feinstein (senator from Ca.) proposal [Re: FLIPPER]
redblood
16 Point

Loc: Lewisburg

Originally Posted By: FLIPPER

very true

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
TnDear, buckslayer85, crose84, Fisher 1959, AKeys
13384 Registered Users
Who's Online
78 registered (tn_duckman, Thicketmaster, CAW, Southpaw, Deerhunter, brmaster, 8 invisible) and 256 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13384 Members
42 Forums
96091 Topics
1125101 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.068 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.