Tndeer Logo

Page 7 of 9 « First<56789>
Topic Options
#3096487 - 12/26/12 05:44 PM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: TX300mag]
FLTENNHUNTER1
16 Point

Loc: Tampa FL

I heard a snow storm blew through Kentucky....I heard a truck carrying tampons overturned and store shelves have been empty for weeks now.

#3096505 - 12/26/12 05:52 PM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: Dale3]
Dale3
8 Point

Loc: Live in Mt.Juliet ,Hunt Jackso...

Originally Posted By: Dale3
 Originally Posted By: TX300mag
"I call on Congress today to act immediately, to appropriate whatever is necessary to put armed police officers in every school — and to do it now, to make sure that blanket of safety is in place when our children return to school in January.

Before Congress reconvenes, before we engage in any lengthy debate over legislation, regulation or anything else, as soon as our kids return to school after the holiday break, we need to have every single school in America immediately deploy a protection program proven to work —and by that I mean armed securi
ty."

Dale3, are we talking about the same NRA? This is from Wayne LaPierre of the National Rifle Association. Is it possible you were reading from someone else?

If you would bother to read the WHOLE thing, he introduces Asa Hutchinson, who heading up the plan and explains THE PLAN.
Go to the link above, thanks to Tow i beleave who posted it on here as a thread.
Here it is AGAIN, make it easy for you....
http://home.nra.org/pdf/Transcript_PDF.pdf

ALSO what your quoating from Wayne LaPierre and YOU ARE misinterpreting,misunderstanding, whatever.. is he called on Congress to do that right now as a safety blanket, to be in place when the kids returned to school after the holidays, UNTIL this NRA plan could be put in place.It was TEMPORARY immediate action what he was asking Congress to do!
IF that makes me and the NRA a sell out, compromiser, then so be it!

TX300mag, you asked me 3-4 pages ago if we were talking about the same NRA, i proved, yes we were, and it was clear you had no idea what you were talking about and had not read what the NRA plan was. SO have you now read the whole thing?

#3096512 - 12/26/12 05:59 PM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: TX300mag]
Stalkhunter
10 Point

Loc: Knoxville TN

You truely believe TSA have stopped planes crashing into buildings since 9-11. Wow maybe if they are so good we should send them and homeland security to war. OMG get grip, better yet wake up. I have never seen one person feed so much bull on the TSA. And the Republicans what are you scared of.

I have seen these so called TSA people,you think they could stop anything. 90% are to fat to get out of their own way, the others are so old they would have heart attacks if they had to do something.

But then they only have old people to pick on and kids

I hate liberals and what i hate worst is people trying to cover up for Republicans, that are even worst then liberals. Ya we saw what Mcain just did. But thats ok he is a republican.

Go watch some more main stream news and believe the bull they are feeding you.

Μολων λαβε
I am a cancer Killer.

#3096528 - 12/26/12 06:12 PM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: Dale3]
TX300mag
Pea Picker
14 Point

Loc: Crosby, TX

"I call on Congress today to act immediately, to appropriate whatever is necessary to put armed police officers in every school — and to do it now, to make sure that blanket of safety is in place when our children return to school in January.

Before Congress reconvenes, before we engage in any lengthy debate over legislation, regulation or anything else, as soon as our kids return to school after the holiday break, we need to have every single school in America immediately deploy a protection program proven to work —and by that I mean armed securi
ty."

Dale3, are we talking about the same NRA? This is from Wayne LaPierre of the National Rifle Association. Is it possible you were reading from someone else?

If you would bother to read the WHOLE thing, he introduces Asa Hutchinson, who heading up the plan and explains THE PLAN.
Go to the link above, thanks to Tow i beleave who posted it on here as a thread.

ALSO what your quoating from Wayne LaPierre and YOU ARE misinterpreting,misunderstanding, whatever.. is he called on Congress to do that right now as a safety blanket, to be in place when the kids returned to school after the holidays, UNTIL this NRA plan could be put in place.It was TEMPORARY immediate action what he was asking Congress to do!

TX300mag, you asked me 3-4 pages ago if we were talking about the same NRA, i proved, yes we were, and it was clear you had no idea what you were talking about and had not read what the NRA plan was. SO have you now read the whole thing?

Yes, I did Dale3. Thank you for clarifying and providing the link you did. You and I have differing opinions on the size, role, and purpose of the federal government-no big deal.

I believe issues such as security in schools should be determined and funded on a local level. If someone agrees with that statement then what's the purpose of a bill demanding that the feds ensure that our schools are guarded?

Team Peapicker

#3096553 - 12/26/12 06:27 PM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: TX300mag]
Dale3
8 Point

Loc: Live in Mt.Juliet ,Hunt Jackso...

ty."

Yes, I did Dale3. Thank you for clarifying and providing the link you did. You and I have differing opinions on the size, role, and purpose of the federal government-no big deal.

I believe issues such as security in schools should be determined and funded on a local level. If someone agrees with that statement then what's the purpose of a bill demanding that the feds ensure that our schools are guarded?

I think i had been clear as to refuring to the NRA plan.
I think it was very clear seeing as how you had no idea i was quoating from the NRA Plan,that you had not read the plan and had no idea what you were talking about. If you had, you knew wHere that came from. So unbeleaveable how you bash something, you have not even read.
What more you complained reasons you were against it, you had no reason to be so. It was in the plan, that you had not bothered to read.

#3096966 - 12/26/12 10:42 PM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: chunkandwind]
AndyW
10 Point

Loc: Allardt, TN

Originally Posted By: chunkandwind
When has the federal government ever got involved with something and not turned it into a power grab?

Or even better, when has the federal government ever gotten involved with something and not screwed it up worse than Hogan's goat?

#3096980 - 12/26/12 11:04 PM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: W C]
de novo
10 Point

Loc: Middle TN

It's makes for somewhat confusing but very comical reading for the forum's two most inept debaters to attempt to debate a topic that they are completely wrong on. To make it priceless is the fact that it was all started just to bash Ron Paul. Didn't work out so well for two reasons.

1. The proposed NRA solution has numerous flaws. It would be expensive, would be another federal program with the same problems as all federal programs, and the small fact that our country does not have a history of elementary school shootings. We have one terrible, isolated incident that, IMO, does not justify a change in national policy. I'm more than comfortable with my kids' elementary principal deciding to carry a Glock or have a group of a few teachers, coaches, parents, etc. trained and armed.

It has been estimated that the annual cost for placing an armed guard at every US elementary public school would be $25 billion. Based on our inefficient government, the actual cost would probably be 2-3 times that amount.

Let's say every elementary school is guarded tomorrow (right now, fast like Dale wants it), the next mass killer will simply pick a middle school, a private elementary school, a skating rink, or any number of soft targets. Using the NRA's logic, we would then need an armed guard at every ....

Thirty-three violent deaths occurred at elementary and secondary school schools between July 1, 2009 and June 30, 2010, either on campus, on the way to or from campus, or during a school event, according to a recent report produced jointly by the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), Institute of Education Sciences, and the Bureau of Justice Statistics. These 33 deaths not only account for students, but also for staff members and others on school grounds, such as parents and intervening law enforcement officials, who were victims of homicide or suicide, the report clarifies.

While 33 school-related deaths in one year is 33 too many, this number is actually the lowest it's been since the report began tracking school violence in 1992. In 2006, the number of school-related deaths per year peaked at 63, the report shows. In fact, in-school homicides have consistently accounted for less than 2 percent of the total number of youth homicides nationwide for the years the report covers.

2. Second reason it didn't work out so well is because our two most inept posters are trying to defend a position.

Originally Posted By: Wildcat
How many airplanes have been flown into buildings since TSA was put in in the airports??

The first mention of TSA in this thread. It appears as though this comment is insinuating that the presence of TSA has made our country safer.

Who said anything about TSA doing it at the schools??? YOU did.

I don't see where anyone mentioned putting the TSA in schools. Even though the word "you" is capitalized, i still didn't do it.

The NRA's point was, lets do the right things NOW to protect our childern, then we can have the gun debates, laws,bans, who repnsibilty it is later,knowing it will drag on.
The NRA plan is about right NOW. Whats fastest and best for the children,sort the BS out later.
Right, let's just hurry up and pass a bill to protect the children. Just pass it and we can find out what's in it later. That sounds familiar...

Originally Posted By: cecil30-30
Ron's an idiot,always has been and always will be..
Please back up this profound statement or is this your only contribution to the thread. Feel free to back up your statement with Paul quotes, clips, etc. Or since you apparently agree with the NRA's plan you could lay that out for us.

Originally Posted By: waynesworld
I think the federal leg can budget some for the implementation of more armed security in schools but I think like most things the states need to look at different ways to implement them. This would let states try to see what works and we can take data to see what works and what doesn't.
Thank you. That was the design of the Founders and our constitutional republic. Separate states to decide what was best for their citizens, not sweeping federal mandates from politicians to be monitored by bureacrats.

Originally Posted By: BMan

Do you read what others post before you respond?

You got that straight yet??? or do I need to go slower?? My quote was specific and dealt with the TSA ONLY; well within the reading skills of any 7-year old 2nd grader.

If you can't grasp that, then quit responding to others' comments. Otherwise your comments sound inane - at best.
Welcome to a debate, wildcat style!

“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.”

#3097008 - 12/26/12 11:59 PM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: W C]
de novo
10 Point

Loc: Middle TN

LOL,no i just dont have my head up ron pual's A%*^% as you.
Get your head out of Ron's a%*, mabe you would be also.

Irony, is no poster on this forum was more emphatically drinking Kool Aid during the primaries than you on your Cain Train.

Like it or not but Rob Paul is FINISHED next week, he retires Dec 31. He will be just another US citizen with a retirement package to live off. The cult members will still follow him around like the sheep they keep talking about. I only pray they leave Ryan alone otherwise they will kill any chance he has to win a higher national office.

First of all, Paul refused to participate in the Congressional pension plan because he considers it immoral. He will rely on his private retirement. Very few members of Congress possess his principles or integrity.

Secondly, his political influence will likely increase with his PAC and his support for his son's likely Presidential run. You know, the one, you still delusionally claim is nothing like his father. Thirdly, I need a translation for most of that post ... Rob Paul, Paul Ryan, Rand

No you wouldnt be all over it. Nra put forth a very good plan, one i do not even beleave you have read.It includes local,state, federal, communites,local volunteers, NOTHING to do with a "MASSIVE FEDERAL POWER GRAB" scary words, like a liberal you use.
The NRA PLAN is, LET's SECURE OUR SCHOOLS NOW, work out the BS later as it will take FOREVER.

The problem with federal money is that it comes with strings attached from the feds. Regardless, of the NRA's intentions a new federal bureacracy will be created. The Dept of School Security with agents, regulations, etc. Congress doesn't just give the money away, they insist on telling you how to spend it and use it to control you. This good bill will morph just like the patriot Act and the TSA and the NDAA - It will become another federal power grab.

Below is a portion of the NRA's statement. The NRA has the right idea but the Senate will not allow a good bill to pass and hopefully the House will fight any bad bills (i.e. gun control) We don't need any federal appropriations. :
I call on Congress today to act immediately, to appropriate whatever is
necessary to put armed police officers in every school — and to do it
now, to make sure that blanket of safety is in place when our children
return to school in January.

Originally Posted By: youngandfree
When you debate Ron Paul, you will lose. He is as Constitutionally sound as they come.
There is the problem with the handful of Paul bashers on here. They are not debating what Paul believes or any of his supporters, they are at odds with our own Constitution. His beliefs are simple, is it constitutional? This is how he earned the Dr. No reputation, sadly, many of the laws passed and supported by Dems and Pubs alike (that he vehemently opposed) in his career spanning over 30 years simply do not pass that simple test.

You know, I'm not so concerned about democrats and liberals pushing for bigger government and more TSA-style responses. That's what democrats and liberals are SUPPOSED to do.

When conservatives and Republicans advocate stuff like that, we're in BIG trouble.

A very true statement. Fortunately, they appear to be in the minority on this topic at this point.

Look at the tile of the thread. The first two words are Ron Paul and here you are trying your best to help Ron Paul, in fact that's the major reason you are ever posting on it let alone reading the posts. don't beleive me, do a simple search of threads. I already did so I know how many times you posted on them.

More irony is that I would wager you are every bit as active on Ron Paul threads as TX300.

“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.”

#3097022 - 12/27/12 03:06 AM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: de novo]
Koyodiak
8 Point

Loc: Kodak, TN

\:D

#3097108 - 12/27/12 06:44 AM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: de novo]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

Originally Posted By: de novo
It is no surprise that those of you who feel the need for federal armed agents to protect you at the expense of your liberty would oppose anything Ron Paul proposes. School security is a state and even local issue.

Are you advocating for more TSA strip searches/ groping of elderly and children? Exactly, how many planes have been flown into buildings since the invention of planes?

Right here YOU were the first to post about anybody advocating to put TSA in the schools. YOU did that not me.

I just brought that up to show they DO keep some people out of the planes. The NRA was talking about the plan putting in armed guards and screenings to get into the schools which is what TSA does in the airports.

But no, the lord Paul said different so here the cult members come, ever REWRITTING HISTORY to try to back Ron.

You are just another "only true conswervative" cult member who will defend the Gospel according to Paul any where anytime and over anything no mater the subject. All other conservatives not members of the Ron Paul cult are "neoconservatives".

You would rather side with Obama and his coming gun ban against the NRA for ONE SINGLE REASON. Paul disagreed with the NRA. Had the tread not put Pauls name in it most of you would never have opened it.

Attack me all you want and re-write history all you want but for God's sake please leave Ryan Paul alone. You all WILL kill any chance he has for higher office just like you killed his fathers chances. At one time long ago Ron Paul might have had a chance to win but the cults scorched earth policy killed any chance he had outside his HOME AREA, he couldn't ever win his home state. The cult members have turned away more voters than anything Ron Paul has done to try to pull in more voters. Ryan Paul is MY Senator from Kentucky, leave him alone.

Page 7 of 9 « First<56789>

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45, Kirk 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
fghijk604245, top_of_the_foodchain, infantryleadtheway, ftwstn, Wild hog 44
13286 Registered Users
Who's Online
27 registered (ADR, SX3Mike, paincave_2000, jmoreland, TN Larry, nightrocket, 1 invisible) and 89 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13286 Members
42 Forums
85286 Topics
1030799 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.243 seconds in which 0.003 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.