Tndeer Logo

Page 4 of 9 « First<23456>Last »
Topic Options
#3096083 - 12/26/12 12:05 PM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: TennesseeRains]
FLTENNHUNTER1
16 Point

Loc: Tampa FL

Originally Posted By: TennesseeRains
Well, I don't think the Fed Gov't should be sending out 'grants' for cops in schools - they shouldn't be involved in schools anyhow.

However, I DO think armed LEOs in schools would serve as a deterrent to loons intent upon murdering innocents - they'd just move to another 'gun free zone'.

I heard our county sheriff say it would cost $80,000 per school here. But...that's just how government approaches things.

Why couldn't off-duty police officers be employed to do same? For instance, here at the salt-mine, we employee local LEOs as security during their off hours. We do so thru our temp-to-hire service that handles all record-keeping such as 1099, workers comp., etc. All we pay is the agreed to hourly rate. They are already employees of the jurisdiction, have benefits there, and have 'insurance' on duty or off.

The LEOs arrive in their uniforms - and with marked cruisers. Haven't had a meth-head theft since.

I have used LEO's on construction projects before TR, same type of setup. You pay them an hourly rate for a minimum of 4 or 8 hour increments. The hourly rates were reasonable.

I agree with most of you guys and I understand Ron Paul's point of view; this needs to be a local issue not Federal.

#3096095 - 12/26/12 12:16 PM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: TX300mag]
sgtwebb1
14 Point

Loc: Ooltewah/Harrison TN, USA

Originally Posted By: TX300mag
As Wildcat clearly pointed out, this is TSA all over again. And the Republicans are following in line all over again. I'm surprised anybody's surprised!

This would be a MASSIVE expanse of federal government and another HUGE sign of how we aren't free. At first one might suppose the GOP (and party sheep) are cheering this because the NRA proposed it, but in all actuality it's what the GOP wants: massive government expansion.

Dale3, a bad idea is a bad idea, even if it's proposed by the NRA and supported by the GOP.

I absolutely agree.

Visit my Blog:
Sons of LiberTea Blog

#3096111 - 12/26/12 12:33 PM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: sgtwebb1]
348Winchester
6 Point

Loc: Coon Creek

Allowing willing teachers and staff to carry would be of minimal cost. I just do not understand why most people cannot see the overwhelming benefits of this.

There should be some training involved or at least a written and demonstrative proficiency test for willing teachers to pass so lawyers can have their satisfaction. This course and test would involve some costs but would be cheaper than paying some cop to loaf around school all day when he could be somewhere else.

#3096122 - 12/26/12 12:40 PM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: Dale3]
TX300mag
Pea Picker
14 Point

Loc: Crosby, TX

Originally Posted By: Dale3
I dont care if it were Ron Paul or WHOEVER said this, Im sick and tired of the BS excusses for not doing the right thing NOW,then working out the BS later. Sorry polotics is more important to some than the safety of our children. We all KNEW this was going to happen!

That's the left's argument, Dale3. Obama's already said the same thing and it will be heard many times when congress resumes. They know people are emotional and ready to compromise (even on the right) and will strike while the iron's hot.

If your school district wants armed guards in every classroom, they should have the right to make that decision for themselves.

If my school district wants to train and arm teachers to conceal, they should have that right.

Team Peapicker

#3096129 - 12/26/12 12:45 PM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: 348Winchester]
TX300mag
Pea Picker
14 Point

Originally Posted By: 348Winchester
Allowing willing teachers and staff to carry would be of minimal cost. I just do not understand why most people cannot see the overwhelming benefits of this.

Because as this thread shows, many republicans are ready to compromise. This is too good of an opportunity to settle for something like that when we can expand government control.

Team Peapicker

#3096135 - 12/26/12 12:48 PM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: TX300mag]
Dale3
8 Point

Loc: Live in Mt.Juliet ,Hunt Jackso...

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Dale3, you sound like you're in panic mode buddy. That's right where both sides of the aisle want you.

LOL,no i just dont have my head up ron pual's A%*^% as you.
Do you have guns to protect yourself and your family? If so you must be in panic mode buddy!
No panic on my part, sick and tired of gun free zone where american citizens are stripped of thier rights to protect themselves, buddy! Get your head out of Ron's a%*, mabe you would be also.

I oppose the idea of a massive federal expansion that will make TSA look like it doesn't even exist. Ron Paul happens to agree with me.

Dale3, if NRA were able to eliminate gun free zones, I would be all over that. I'm able to distinguish between eliminating gun free zones and supporting a MASSIVE federal power grab. Are you?

No you wouldnt be all over it. Nra put forth a very good plan, one i do not even beleave you have read.It includes local,state, federal, communites,local volunteers, NOTHING to do with a "MASSIVE FEDERAL POWER GRAB" scary words, like a liberal you use.
The NRA PLAN is, LET's SECURE OUR SCHOOLS NOW, work out the BS later as it will take FOREVER.

PART OF NRA PLAN.... "This model security plan will serve as a template — a set of best
practices, principles and guidelines that every school in America can
tweak, if needed, and tailor to their own set of circumstances.
Every school and community is different, but this model security plan
will allow every school to choose among its various components to
develop a school safety strategy that fits their own unique situation,
whether it's a large urban school, a small rural school or anything
in between.
Armed, trained, qualified school security personnel will be one element
of that plan, but by no means the only element. If a school decides for
whatever reason that it doesn't want or need armed security
personnel, that of course is a decision to be made by parents at the
local level.
The second point I want to make is that this will be a program that
doesn't depend on massive funding from local authorities or the
federal government
. Instead, it'll make use of local volunteers serving
in their own communities."

Edited by Dale3 (12/26/12 12:54 PM)

#3096157 - 12/26/12 01:05 PM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: TX300mag]
Dale3
8 Point

I dont care if it were Ron Paul or WHOEVER said this, Im sick and tired of the BS excusses for not doing the right thing NOW,then working out the BS later. Sorry polotics is more important to some than the safety of our children. We all KNEW this was going to happen!

That's the left's argument, Dale3. Obama's already said the same thing and it will be heard many times when congress resumes. They know people are emotional and ready to compromise (even on the right) and will strike while the iron's hot.

If your school district wants armed guards in every classroom, they should have the right to make that decision for themselves.

If my school district wants to train and arm teachers to conceal, they should have that right.

Like i said, you have NOT EVEN read NRA's PLAN, because everything you say above, is EXACTLY what the NRA's plan SAYS!
WHATEVER, I siad it , we said it, before Obama head did, he took it from us LOL

Edited by Dale3 (12/26/12 01:26 PM)

#3096165 - 12/26/12 01:09 PM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: Dale3]
Dale3
8 Point

Take time to read before you open mouth and insert foot. Everything your complaining about, is in the plan. Its talked about in the plan. Everything you saying that should be in the plan, is in it. IN FACT, IT LIKE YOU TOOK IT woRD FOR WORD AND TRY TO MAKE IT YOUR OWN, AND COMPLAIN its not covered in the plan
http://home.nra.org/pdf/Transcript_PDF.pdf

Edited by Dale3 (12/26/12 01:15 PM)

#3096175 - 12/26/12 01:23 PM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: TX300mag]
Dale3
8 Point

Originally Posted By: 348Winchester

Because as this thread shows, many republicans are ready to compromise. This is too good of an opportunity to settle for something like that when we can expand government control.

No compromise, when its what you always wanted and is your righ., No soft targets, no gun free zones, armed schools. compromise is when you have these things, not against them

#3096189 - 12/26/12 01:40 PM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: Dale3]
TX300mag
Pea Picker
14 Point

"I call on Congress today to act immediately, to appropriate whatever is necessary to put armed police officers in every school — and to do it now, to make sure that blanket of safety is in place when our children return to school in January.

Before Congress reconvenes, before we engage in any lengthy debate over legislation, regulation or anything else, as soon as our kids return to school after the holiday break, we need to have every single school in America immediately deploy a protection program proven to work —and by that I mean armed securi
ty."

Dale3, are we talking about the same NRA? This is from Wayne LaPierre of the National Rifle Association. Is it possible you were reading from someone else?

Team Peapicker

Page 4 of 9 « First<23456>Last »

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
bootsinsand, bigun714, clh200, tlwilliams, Forvols
13179 Registered Users
Who's Online
26 registered (ZachMarkus, stylishblueticks, hinshm, TAFKAP, missalot, ROB, 4 invisible) and 75 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13179 Members
42 Forums
90923 Topics
1062471 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.067 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.