Tndeer Logo

Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#3095212 - 12/25/12 06:24 PM Most People Don't Hunt
Wes Parrish
16 Point

Loc: Knoxville-Dover-Union City, TN

So item by item, piece by piece, the tradition of hunting disappears. How many more years will the average citizen have the "right" to go hunting in America?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/12/25/california-ban-draws-interest-in-using-hounds-to-hunt/

Gary Ramey and his adult daughter traveled 2,500 miles to hunt California bears with hounds last month, eager to take part in what he calls a time-honored tradition.

It's one that won't be legal after Jan. 1, when the nation's most populous state outlaws the use of dogs to hunt . . . . . .

. . . . . . Democratic state Sen. Ted Lieu of Torrance, whose bill, SB1221, banned the practice . . . . . .

#3095811 - 12/26/12 08:47 AM Re: Most People Don't Hunt [Re: Wes Parrish]
348Winchester
6 Point

Loc: Coon Creek

Even here in good ol' Tennessee our tyrannical state government says hunting is a privelege. It is not. It is a right. Hunting is necessary to sustain life. Life is a right guaranteed by God as Jefferson told all tyrants in the Declaration of Independence.
#3095906 - 12/26/12 09:50 AM Re: Most People Don't Hunt [Re: 348Winchester]
stik
TnDeer Old Timer
18 Point

Loc: lenoir city,tn

Originally Posted By: 348Winchester
Even here in good ol' Tennessee our tyrannical state government says hunting is a privelege.

it is a constitutional RIGHT in tennessee

http://ballotpedia.org/wiki/index.php/Tennessee_Hunting_Rights_Amendment_(2010)

nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught

#3096042 - 12/26/12 11:25 AM Re: Most People Don't Hunt [Re: stik]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

Originally Posted By: stik
 Originally Posted By: 348Winchester
Even here in good ol' Tennessee our tyrannical state government says hunting is a privelege.

it is a constitutional RIGHT in tennessee

http://ballotpedia.org/wiki/index.php/Tennessee_Hunting_Rights_Amendment_(2010)

That's just for show, it's never was changed at all.

subject to reasonable regulations and restrictions prescribed by law.

ANY regulations and restrictions passed by law or TWRA orverride that "right".

The thing is all the "state constitutional hunting rights" say the same thing that's to allow the states wildlife agency to keep running it like it always has.

#3096131 - 12/26/12 12:48 PM Re: Most People Don't Hunt [Re: Wildcat]
348Winchester
6 Point

Loc: Coon Creek

I agree it was for show. Anyhow the Declaration precedes Tennessee's constitution by 20 years and carries more weight as a federal document.

Hunting as a privelege is too European a concept for my liking. The concealed carry permit is the same principle. I will not purchase my rights from a tyrannical government that has taken them hostage and selling them back to the citizens.

I do purchase a hunting license because I support TWRA on most issues and sometimes hunt on their WMA's and its fair and proper that I pitch in my support. However, if I solely hunted private land I would not purchase my right to do so from them. I would hunt and that is that.

I do not regularly carry a firearm on my person or in my vehicle. However, when I have need of one I carry one, for instance, when I travel. My right to protect my life supercedes the state's goal of generating revenue by selling citizens rights that the government is restricted on infringing. I realize that enough foolish people have traded their liberty for security which has enabled every level of government to pass laws that the founders would find repugnant. It is my duty as a free and sovereign citizen to disobey such laws that rape lady liberty and leave her bleeding.

#3096439 - 12/26/12 05:07 PM Re: Most People Don't Hunt [Re: 348Winchester]
youngandfree
6 Point

Loc: Greene County, Tn.

I have heard very anti-houndhunting words straight from the mouths of our state game agency employees. It deeply saddened and bothered me to hear it. It seems a 50 pound dog chasing a 250lb boar or bear is "unethical", but having a 50 lb dog retrieve a wounded 6 oz quail or dove, or grabbing a crippled duck out of a pond or lake is perfectly "ethical".

While Hunting is a "right" in Tennessee, those rights are being shaped and formed by people who have a very tunnel vision of what hunting is to THEM, and not the WHOLE of Tennesseans.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45, Kirk 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
fghijk604245, top_of_the_foodchain, infantryleadtheway, ftwstn, Wild hog 44
13286 Registered Users
Who's Online
39 registered (BH1969, bowhunter163, in the dog house!, WMAn, Nsghunter, mjac, 6 invisible) and 109 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13286 Members
42 Forums
85287 Topics
1030818 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.221 seconds in which 0 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.