Tndeer Logo

Page 2 of 9 <12345>Last »
Topic Options
#3095456 - 12/25/12 08:54 PM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: W C]
waynesworld
8 Point

Loc: Mboro, Tennessee

I think the federal leg can budget some for the implementation of more armed security in schools but I think like most things the states need to look at different ways to implement them. This would let states try to see what works and we can take data to see what works and what doesn't.

Edited by waynesworld (12/25/12 08:55 PM)

#3095624 - 12/26/12 04:08 AM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: Wildcat]
BMan
16 Point

Loc: Middle TN

Originally Posted By: Wildcat
 Originally Posted By: BMan
How many airplanes have been flown into buildings since TSA was put in in the airports??

The TSA is security theater, nothing more.

It's no harder today to hijack a plane and fly it into a building than it was on 9/10/2001.

In fact, probably easier today because people have been suckered into thinking aircraft are more secure...

So you are saying the NRA's plan will not work in the schools??

OK all we have left is Obama's plan and he WILL put it in place.

Do you read what others post before you respond?

TSA and NRA both have the letter A at the end, but they're not the same acronym.

Even though T, S, N, and R, are in the same alphabet, they're different letters. They stand for different words and sounds. They even LOOK different.

My post mentioned the "TS"A. NOWHERE in my post did the letters "NR"A appear. Here's my post again; look it over real quick and tell me if the letters NRA appear anywhere in it:

It's no harder today to hijack a plane and fly it into a building than it was on 9/10/2001.

In fact, probably easier today because people have been suckered into thinking aircraft are more secure...

I read it five or six times and nope, couldn't find the letters NRA together anywhere in it. Hang on, let me look again... Nope, not there.

So for you to exclaim "So you are saying the NRA's plan will not work in the schools?? makes no sense, because nowhere did I mention or allude to the NRA and any plans they have in my post. It's the equivalent of me posting about Christmas, and you replying about deep sea fishing in the Indian Ocean; they are in no way related.

Capisce?

#3095631 - 12/26/12 05:00 AM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: BMan]
-DRM-
6 Point

Loc: Spring Hill, TN

WhileI like the NRAs pro-active stand, I do think this is an issue that needs to be bottom-up, not top-down. Adding in another layer of federal red tape is not the answer, but letting states and local school boards figure out what works best for each school is the answer.

If a school does not want an armed presence, that needs to be up to the parents and administration of that school to decide. Let them bear the burden of deciding how best to protect their children, and leave the federal government out of it.

#3095635 - 12/26/12 05:17 AM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: -DRM-]
stik
TnDeer Old Timer
18 Point

Loc: lenoir city,tn

Originally Posted By: -DRM-
WhileI like the NRAs pro-active stand, I do think this is an issue that needs to be bottom-up, not top-down. Adding in another layer of federal red tape is not the answer, but letting states and local school boards figure out what works best for each school is the answer.

If a school does not want an armed presence, that needs to be up to the parents and administration of that school to decide. Let them bear the burden of deciding how best to protect their children, and leave the federal government out of it.

^ this

nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught

#3095697 - 12/26/12 06:38 AM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: BMan]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

How many airplanes have been flown into buildings since TSA was put in in the airports??

TSA and NRA both have the letter A at the end, but they're not the same acronym.

Even though T, S, N, and R, are in the same alphabet, they're different letters. They stand for different words and sounds. They even LOOK different.

My post mentioned the "TS"A. NOWHERE in my post did the letters "NR"A appear. Here's my post again; look it over real quick and tell me if the letters NRA appear anywhere in it:

I read it five or six times and nope, couldn't find the letters NRA together anywhere in it. Hang on, let me look again... Nope, not there.

So for you to exclaim "So you are saying the NRA's plan will not work in the schools?? makes no sense, because nowhere did I mention or allude to the NRA and any plans they have in my post. It's the equivalent of me posting about Christmas, and you replying about deep sea fishing in the Indian Ocean; they are in no way related.

Capisce?

You get it straight.

YOU RESPONDED to my post and ever QUOTED me.

Here the thread says, "Ron Paul rips NRA for plain officers in school."

YOU pulled one single line from my post which I was talking about the THREAD SUBJECT IN GENERAL by reminding people how PAUL's offices were guarded and reminding people how TSA search people at the airports.

People ACCECPT those screenings in Federal BUILDINGS and at the AIRPORTS yet those same people's painties get in a wad if they have to have armed guards and screenings in schools and would rather have a gun ban.

Go to a busy airport and depending on the day and weather there will be a large crowd around, an easy target for a nut job. Why hasn't that happened yet?? Because of the ARMED GUASRDS there.

You got that straight yet??? or do I need to go slower??

#3095708 - 12/26/12 06:45 AM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: Wildcat]
BMan
16 Point

Loc: Middle TN

Capisce?

You get it straight.

YOU pulled one single line from my post which I was talking about the THREAD SUBJECT IN GENERAL by reminding people how PAUL's offices were guarded and reminding people how TSA search people at the airports.

People ACCECPT those screenings in Federal BUILDINGS and at the AIRPORTS yet those same people's painties get in a wad if they have to have armed guards and screenings in schools and would rather have a gun ban.

Go to a busy airport and depending on the day and weather there will be a large crowd around, an easy target for a nut job. Why hasn't that happened yet?? Because of the ARMED GUASRDS there.

My quote was specific and dealt with the TSA ONLY; well within the reading skills of any 7-year old 2nd grader.

If you can't grasp that, then quit responding to others' comments. Otherwise your comments sound inane - at best.

#3095722 - 12/26/12 07:05 AM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: BMan]
Encore Eye Candy
10 Point

Loc: 2 Chron. 7:14: Refs signature

My popcorn is getting stale and I can get this type of treatment at home. But we still have some daylight left.

Edited by Encore Eye Candy (12/26/12 07:22 AM)

#3095730 - 12/26/12 07:14 AM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: BMan]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

Capisce?

You get it straight.

My quote was specific and dealt with the TSA ONLY; well within the reading skills of any 7-year old 2nd grader.

If you can't grasp that, then quit responding to others' comments. Otherwise your comments sound inane - at best.

So your saying you take one line from anybodys entire post and twist them around to where you can read them it's no wonder you have problems and ever more problems when you get caught doing it.

One other thing, don't you ever again tell me or any other TnDeer member to quit responding to any post on here. We ALL have the same rights to repond to any post we want. YOU do not own this place, YOU do not make the rules and YOU have to follow the rules same as anybody.

#3095794 - 12/26/12 08:28 AM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: W C]
TX300mag
Pea Picker
14 Point

Loc: Crosby, TX

happy Online
As Wildcat clearly pointed out, this is TSA all over again. And the Republicans are following in line all over again. I'm surprised anybody's surprised!

This would be a MASSIVE expanse of federal government and another HUGE sign of how we aren't free. At first one might suppose the GOP (and party sheep) are cheering this because the NRA proposed it, but in all actuality it's what the GOP wants: massive government expansion.

Dale3, a bad idea is a bad idea, even if it's proposed by the NRA and supported by the GOP.

Team Peapicker

#3095807 - 12/26/12 08:42 AM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: TX300mag]
348Winchester
6 Point

Loc: Coon Creek

It should be a local issue. The Federal government has no place in education. This will be, as others here have said, another expansion of the federal government. We do not need that! Hell, we need rid of the one we've got!
Page 2 of 9 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45, Kirk 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
bassassassin7, BBQ, Kornhunter, Afleming17, 260rem
13281 Registered Users
Who's Online
21 registered (TNRifleman, darn2ten, Sucarnochee, paincave_2000, Master Chief, dh1984, 5 invisible) and 78 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13281 Members
42 Forums
85216 Topics
1029851 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.232 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.