Page all of 9 12345>Last »
Topic Options
#3094815 - 12/25/12 10:29 AM Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school
Dale3
8 Point

Loc: Live in Mt.Juliet ,Hunt Jackso...

content Online
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/12/...test=latestnews

Great Ron your answers a perfect world of sunshine lollypops and puppy dogs, BUT until then RON????? What about right now Ron????

Edited by Dale3 (12/25/12 10:47 AM)

#3094823 - 12/25/12 10:40 AM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: Dale3]
cecil30-30
16 Point

Loc: Morgan Co

Ron's an idiot,always has been and always will be..

Ban Liberals!!! Save America!!!!

#3094870 - 12/25/12 11:18 AM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: cecil30-30]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

How many airplanes have been flown into buildings since TSA was put in in the airports??

Ron Paul has been in office in Washington how many years?? to get into the building his office was the American People HAD to go though the same thing they have to in the airports. They again had to be searched before they could get into the hallway his office was.

So it's good enough for the members of Congress and the President but it's NOT good enough for the American People's Childern????

#3094935 - 12/25/12 12:22 PM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: Wildcat]
de novo
10 Point

Loc: Middle TN

It is no surprise that those of you who feel the need for federal armed agents to protect you at the expense of your liberty would oppose anything Ron Paul proposes. School security is a state and even local issue.

Are you advocating for more TSA strip searches/ groping of elderly and children? Exactly, how many planes have been flown into buildings since the invention of planes?

“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.”

#3094939 - 12/25/12 12:26 PM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: de novo]
de novo
10 Point

Below is a quote from Paul from the article. Craziness!

He continued: "I don't agree that conservatives and libertarians should view government legislation, especially at the federal level, as the solution to violence. Real change can happen only when we commit ourselves to rebuilding civil society in America, meaning a society based on family, religion, civic and social institutions, and peaceful cooperation through markets."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/12/...s#ixzz2G5dSIlol

“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.”

#3095004 - 12/25/12 01:32 PM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: de novo]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: de novo
It is no surprise that those of you who feel the need for federal armed agents to protect you at the expense of your liberty would oppose anything Ron Paul proposes. School security is a state and even local issue.

Are you advocating for more TSA strip searches/ groping of elderly and children? Exactly, how many planes have been flown into buildings since the invention of planes?

Who said anything about TSA doing it at the schools??? YOU did.

Go into ANY Federal Building in any large city once they open beck up from the holidays. You have to pass though all that stuff to ever get into the Social Security Office. Go to Washington DC and the Captrol and YOUR Congressman's office, you HAVE to pass though both that has protect Ron Paul all these years.

I for one will never believe a ban on guns or mags will proect the kids.

Going against the NRA now IS giving into Obama and his bans.

So what else do we do???

#3095006 - 12/25/12 01:33 PM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: de novo]
Dale3
8 Point

content Online

Below is a quote from Paul from the article. Craziness!

He continued: "I don't agree that conservatives and libertarians should view government legislation, especially at the federal level, as the solution to violence. Real change can happen only when we commit ourselves to rebuilding civil society in America, meaning a society based on family, religion, civic and social institutions, and peaceful cooperation through markets."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/12/...s#ixzz2G5dSIlol

I think we all got and know what Paul said.
The NRA gets government, and knows how they work and knows thier going to use this and do something, apprently knows them better than Paul.
They are going to do something, and it will NOT be what protects our children NOW or later and will take forever.

The NRA's point was, lets do the right things NOW to protect our childern, then we can have the gun debates, laws,bans, who reposnibilty it is later,knowing it will drag on.
The NRA plan is about right NOW. Whats fastest and best for the children,sort the BS out later.

#3095283 - 12/25/12 07:17 PM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: Wildcat]
BMan
16 Point

Originally Posted By: Wildcat
How many airplanes have been flown into buildings since TSA was put in in the airports??

The TSA is security theater, nothing more.

It's no harder today to hijack a plane and fly it into a building than it was on 9/10/2001.

In fact, probably easier today because people have been suckered into thinking aircraft are more secure...

#3095285 - 12/25/12 07:18 PM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: BMan]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: BMan

It's no harder today to hijack a plane and fly it into a building than it was on 9/10/2001.

In fact, probably easier today because people have been suckered into thinking aircraft are more secure...

So you are saying the NRA's plan will not work in the schools??

OK all we have left is Obama's plan and he WILL put it in place.

#3095428 - 12/25/12 08:37 PM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: Wildcat]
W C
10 Point

Loc: Alabama

I personally know a few TSA employees and I wouldn't want them responsible for the safety of my grand kids. Actually a couple of them would have trouble passing 8th grade if they had to do it again but the federal guvment hired them as SECURITY. WTH????? I do support armed, trained security at schools. Our "elected officials" at the federal level vote themselves raises regardless of performance, have ARMED security, HIGH SECURITY measures to enter their buildings, as do courts, various federal buildings. They think themselves above the masses and the offspring of masses. They forget they were once children and defenseless. We need to get them to remember this FACT.

#3095456 - 12/25/12 08:54 PM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: W C]
waynesworld
8 Point

Loc: Mboro, Tennessee

I think the federal leg can budget some for the implementation of more armed security in schools but I think like most things the states need to look at different ways to implement them. This would let states try to see what works and we can take data to see what works and what doesn't.

Edited by waynesworld (12/25/12 08:55 PM)

#3095624 - 12/26/12 04:08 AM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: Wildcat]
BMan
16 Point

Do you read what others post before you respond?

TSA and NRA both have the letter A at the end, but they're not the same acronym.

Even though T, S, N, and R, are in the same alphabet, they're different letters. They stand for different words and sounds. They even LOOK different.

My post mentioned the "TS"A. NOWHERE in my post did the letters "NR"A appear. Here's my post again; look it over real quick and tell me if the letters NRA appear anywhere in it:

I read it five or six times and nope, couldn't find the letters NRA together anywhere in it. Hang on, let me look again... Nope, not there.

So for you to exclaim "So you are saying the NRA's plan will not work in the schools?? makes no sense, because nowhere did I mention or allude to the NRA and any plans they have in my post. It's the equivalent of me posting about Christmas, and you replying about deep sea fishing in the Indian Ocean; they are in no way related.

Capisce?

#3095631 - 12/26/12 05:00 AM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: BMan]
-DRM-
6 Point

Loc: Spring Hill, TN

WhileI like the NRAs pro-active stand, I do think this is an issue that needs to be bottom-up, not top-down. Adding in another layer of federal red tape is not the answer, but letting states and local school boards figure out what works best for each school is the answer.

If a school does not want an armed presence, that needs to be up to the parents and administration of that school to decide. Let them bear the burden of deciding how best to protect their children, and leave the federal government out of it.

#3095635 - 12/26/12 05:17 AM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: -DRM-]
stik
"Popcorn"
18 Point

Loc: lenoir city,tn

confused Online
 Originally Posted By: -DRM-
WhileI like the NRAs pro-active stand, I do think this is an issue that needs to be bottom-up, not top-down. Adding in another layer of federal red tape is not the answer, but letting states and local school boards figure out what works best for each school is the answer.

If a school does not want an armed presence, that needs to be up to the parents and administration of that school to decide. Let them bear the burden of deciding how best to protect their children, and leave the federal government out of it.

^ this

nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught

#3095697 - 12/26/12 06:38 AM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: BMan]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

TSA and NRA both have the letter A at the end, but they're not the same acronym.

Even though T, S, N, and R, are in the same alphabet, they're different letters. They stand for different words and sounds. They even LOOK different.

My post mentioned the "TS"A. NOWHERE in my post did the letters "NR"A appear. Here's my post again; look it over real quick and tell me if the letters NRA appear anywhere in it:

I read it five or six times and nope, couldn't find the letters NRA together anywhere in it. Hang on, let me look again... Nope, not there.

So for you to exclaim "So you are saying the NRA's plan will not work in the schools?? makes no sense, because nowhere did I mention or allude to the NRA and any plans they have in my post. It's the equivalent of me posting about Christmas, and you replying about deep sea fishing in the Indian Ocean; they are in no way related.

Capisce?

You get it straight.

YOU RESPONDED to my post and ever QUOTED me.

Here the thread says, "Ron Paul rips NRA for plain officers in school."

YOU pulled one single line from my post which I was talking about the THREAD SUBJECT IN GENERAL by reminding people how PAUL's offices were guarded and reminding people how TSA search people at the airports.

People ACCECPT those screenings in Federal BUILDINGS and at the AIRPORTS yet those same people's painties get in a wad if they have to have armed guards and screenings in schools and would rather have a gun ban.

Go to a busy airport and depending on the day and weather there will be a large crowd around, an easy target for a nut job. Why hasn't that happened yet?? Because of the ARMED GUASRDS there.

You got that straight yet??? or do I need to go slower??

#3095708 - 12/26/12 06:45 AM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: Wildcat]
BMan
16 Point

Capisce?

You get it straight.

YOU pulled one single line from my post which I was talking about the THREAD SUBJECT IN GENERAL by reminding people how PAUL's offices were guarded and reminding people how TSA search people at the airports.

People ACCECPT those screenings in Federal BUILDINGS and at the AIRPORTS yet those same people's painties get in a wad if they have to have armed guards and screenings in schools and would rather have a gun ban.

Go to a busy airport and depending on the day and weather there will be a large crowd around, an easy target for a nut job. Why hasn't that happened yet?? Because of the ARMED GUASRDS there.

My quote was specific and dealt with the TSA ONLY; well within the reading skills of any 7-year old 2nd grader.

If you can't grasp that, then quit responding to others' comments. Otherwise your comments sound inane - at best.

#3095722 - 12/26/12 07:05 AM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: BMan]
Encore Eye Candy
10 Point

Loc: 2 Chron. 7:14: Refs signature

sick Online
My popcorn is getting stale and I can get this type of treatment at home. But we still have some daylight left.

Edited by Encore Eye Candy (12/26/12 07:22 AM)

#3095730 - 12/26/12 07:14 AM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: BMan]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Capisce?

You get it straight.

My quote was specific and dealt with the TSA ONLY; well within the reading skills of any 7-year old 2nd grader.

If you can't grasp that, then quit responding to others' comments. Otherwise your comments sound inane - at best.

So your saying you take one line from anybodys entire post and twist them around to where you can read them it's no wonder you have problems and ever more problems when you get caught doing it.

One other thing, don't you ever again tell me or any other TnDeer member to quit responding to any post on here. We ALL have the same rights to repond to any post we want. YOU do not own this place, YOU do not make the rules and YOU have to follow the rules same as anybody.

#3095794 - 12/26/12 08:28 AM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: W C]
TX300mag
Pea Picker
14 Point

Loc: Crosby, TX

As Wildcat clearly pointed out, this is TSA all over again. And the Republicans are following in line all over again. I'm surprised anybody's surprised!

This would be a MASSIVE expanse of federal government and another HUGE sign of how we aren't free. At first one might suppose the GOP (and party sheep) are cheering this because the NRA proposed it, but in all actuality it's what the GOP wants: massive government expansion.

Dale3, a bad idea is a bad idea, even if it's proposed by the NRA and supported by the GOP.

Team Peapicker

#3095807 - 12/26/12 08:42 AM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: TX300mag]
348Winchester
6 Point

Loc: Coon Creek

It should be a local issue. The Federal government has no place in education. This will be, as others here have said, another expansion of the federal government. We do not need that! Hell, we need rid of the one we've got!
#3095810 - 12/26/12 08:46 AM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: W C]
TX300mag
Pea Picker
14 Point

Oh, and Wildcat, you can walk into Ron Paul's offices in Texas anytime. He doesn't suck all of our tax dollars to provide that government "safety" you dream of for all of us. Matter of fact, he can be seen all over the place (church, shopping, riding his bike) with absolutely no security whatsoever.

Team Peapicker

#3095816 - 12/26/12 08:59 AM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: -DRM-]
Dale3
8 Point

content Online
 Originally Posted By: -DRM-

If you read the NRA plan, you would see that very much of what your saying is address in thier plan.
The whole purpose and reason for the NRA plan was to do it RIGHT NOW.Get security in our schools right now, before this happens again.
The NRA is willing to go over the top in resourses and fundings of thier own to make it happen RIGHT NOW. They know those who like RonPaul will cause this to drag on forever, like everything this government does.
The NRA plan is to protect our kids and schools RIGHT NOW, first and formost, THEN SORT OUT THE BS LATER, as we all know will take them forever, if they ever do!
The ONLY thing standing in the way of our childern and schools being safe, are those who are coming up with excusses why not to move on this RIGHT NOW.
How about we do it NOW,Get our shchools secured NOW, sort out the BS later?
Compared to the safety of our schools and children right now, blocking this plan, making excusses for not doing it, is nothing but meaningless BS.

#3095832 - 12/26/12 09:10 AM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: Dale3]
TX300mag
Pea Picker
14 Point

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Dale3, you sound like you're in panic mode buddy. That's right where both sides of the aisle want you.

Team Peapicker

#3095862 - 12/26/12 09:28 AM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: TX300mag]
Dale3
8 Point

content Online
 Originally Posted By: TX300mag
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Dale3, you sound like you're in panic mode buddy. That's right where both sides of the aisle want you.

LOL,no i just dont have my head up ron pual's A%*^% as you.
Do you have guns to protect yourself and your family? If so you must be in panic mode buddy!
No panic on my part, sick and tired of gun free zone where american citizens are stripped of thier rights to protect themselves, buddy! Get your head out of Ron's a%*, mabe you would be also.

Edited by Dale3 (12/26/12 09:30 AM)

#3095868 - 12/26/12 09:34 AM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: TX300mag]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Oh, and Wildcat, you can walk into Ron Paul's offices in Texas anytime. He doesn't suck all of our tax dollars to provide that government "safety" you dream of for all of us. Matter of fact, he can be seen all over the place (church, shopping, riding his bike) with absolutely no security whatsoever.

Once again it seems like the cult members cannot read.

I CLEARLY SAID WASHINGTON DC. Go ahead to the Capitol where Pauls office is in and try just walking in off the street.

I guess you all also support Obama's gun ban and that will work to keep the guns out of the schools. No supprise here.

#3095878 - 12/26/12 09:39 AM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: W C]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Like it or not but Rob Paul is FINISHED next week, he retires Dec 31. He will be just another US citizen with a retirement package to live off. The cult members will still follow him around like the sheep they keep talking about. I only pray they leave Ryan alone otherwise they will kill any chance he has to win a higher national office.

#3095917 - 12/26/12 09:56 AM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: Dale3]
TX300mag
Pea Picker
14 Point

Originally Posted By: Dale3

Do you have guns to protect yourself and your family? If so you must be in panic mode buddy!
No panic on my part, sick and tired of gun free zone where american citizens are stripped of thier rights to protect themselves, buddy! Get your head out of Ron's a%*, mabe you would be also.

I oppose the idea of a massive federal expansion that will make TSA look like it doesn't even exist. Ron Paul happens to agree with me.

Dale3, if NRA were able to eliminate gun free zones, I would be all over that. I'm able to distinguish between eliminating gun free zones and supporting a MASSIVE federal power grab. Are you?

Team Peapicker

#3095930 - 12/26/12 10:01 AM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: Wildcat]
TX300mag
Pea Picker
14 Point

Once again it seems like the cult members cannot read.

I CLEARLY SAID WASHINGTON DC. Go ahead to the Capitol where Pauls office is in and try just walking in off the street.

I guess you all also support Obama's gun ban and that will work to keep the guns out of the schools. No supprise here.

OK, Wildcat. Thank you for clarifying that. I thought for a minute you were implying that Ron Paul was responsible for or supported that type of "security."

Where did I say I supported Obama's gun ban (or any gun ban for that matter?)

I simply stated that I'm against MASSIVE federal government expansions and power grabs as knee jerk reactions to tragic events. I understand that is a position you disagree with, but that's OK with me.

Team Peapicker

#3096060 - 12/26/12 11:51 AM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: TX300mag]
TennesseeRains
TnDeer Old Timer
16 Point

Loc: Hixson,TN

Well, I don't think the Fed Gov't should be sending out 'grants' for cops in schools - they shouldn't be involved in schools anyhow.

However, I DO think armed LEOs in schools would serve as a deterrent to loons intent upon murdering innocents - they'd just move to another 'gun free zone'.

I heard our county sheriff say it would cost $80,000 per school here. But...that's just how government approaches things.

Why couldn't off-duty police officers be employed to do same? For instance, here at the salt-mine, we employee local LEOs as security during their off hours. We do so thru our temp-to-hire service that handles all record-keeping such as 1099, workers comp., etc. All we pay is the agreed to hourly rate. They are already employees of the jurisdiction, have benefits there, and have 'insurance' on duty or off.

The LEOs arrive in their uniforms - and with marked cruisers. Haven't had a meth-head theft since.
I don't always eat meat but when I do I prefer deer. Stay hungry my friends-nbforrest#3

To be fair, we can now blame everything on everything else-Wildcat

A nation of sheep breeds a gov't of wolves

#3096080 - 12/26/12 12:04 PM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: Wildcat]
Dale3
8 Point

content Online
I dont care if it were Ron Paul or WHOEVER said this, Im sick and tired of the BS excusses for not doing the right thing NOW,then working out the BS later. Sorry polotics is more important to some than the safety of our children. We all KNEW this was going to happen!
#3096083 - 12/26/12 12:05 PM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: TennesseeRains]
FLTENNHUNTER1
16 Point

Loc: Tampa FL

Originally Posted By: TennesseeRains
Well, I don't think the Fed Gov't should be sending out 'grants' for cops in schools - they shouldn't be involved in schools anyhow.

However, I DO think armed LEOs in schools would serve as a deterrent to loons intent upon murdering innocents - they'd just move to another 'gun free zone'.

I heard our county sheriff say it would cost $80,000 per school here. But...that's just how government approaches things.

Why couldn't off-duty police officers be employed to do same? For instance, here at the salt-mine, we employee local LEOs as security during their off hours. We do so thru our temp-to-hire service that handles all record-keeping such as 1099, workers comp., etc. All we pay is the agreed to hourly rate. They are already employees of the jurisdiction, have benefits there, and have 'insurance' on duty or off.

The LEOs arrive in their uniforms - and with marked cruisers. Haven't had a meth-head theft since.

I have used LEO's on construction projects before TR, same type of setup. You pay them an hourly rate for a minimum of 4 or 8 hour increments. The hourly rates were reasonable.

I agree with most of you guys and I understand Ron Paul's point of view; this needs to be a local issue not Federal.

17.9 Trillion http://www.usdebtclock.org/

#3096095 - 12/26/12 12:16 PM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: TX300mag]
sgtwebb1
16 Point

Loc: Ooltewah/Harrison TN, USA

mad Online
As Wildcat clearly pointed out, this is TSA all over again. And the Republicans are following in line all over again. I'm surprised anybody's surprised!

This would be a MASSIVE expanse of federal government and another HUGE sign of how we aren't free. At first one might suppose the GOP (and party sheep) are cheering this because the NRA proposed it, but in all actuality it's what the GOP wants: massive government expansion.

Dale3, a bad idea is a bad idea, even if it's proposed by the NRA and supported by the GOP.

I absolutely agree.

Visit my Blog:
Sons of LiberTea Blog

#3096111 - 12/26/12 12:33 PM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: sgtwebb1]
348Winchester
6 Point

Loc: Coon Creek

Allowing willing teachers and staff to carry would be of minimal cost. I just do not understand why most people cannot see the overwhelming benefits of this.

There should be some training involved or at least a written and demonstrative proficiency test for willing teachers to pass so lawyers can have their satisfaction. This course and test would involve some costs but would be cheaper than paying some cop to loaf around school all day when he could be somewhere else.

#3096122 - 12/26/12 12:40 PM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: Dale3]
TX300mag
Pea Picker
14 Point

I dont care if it were Ron Paul or WHOEVER said this, Im sick and tired of the BS excusses for not doing the right thing NOW,then working out the BS later. Sorry polotics is more important to some than the safety of our children. We all KNEW this was going to happen!

That's the left's argument, Dale3. Obama's already said the same thing and it will be heard many times when congress resumes. They know people are emotional and ready to compromise (even on the right) and will strike while the iron's hot.

If your school district wants armed guards in every classroom, they should have the right to make that decision for themselves.

If my school district wants to train and arm teachers to conceal, they should have that right.

Team Peapicker

#3096129 - 12/26/12 12:45 PM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: 348Winchester]
TX300mag
Pea Picker
14 Point

Originally Posted By: 348Winchester
Allowing willing teachers and staff to carry would be of minimal cost. I just do not understand why most people cannot see the overwhelming benefits of this.

Because as this thread shows, many republicans are ready to compromise. This is too good of an opportunity to settle for something like that when we can expand government control.

Team Peapicker

#3096135 - 12/26/12 12:48 PM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: TX300mag]
Dale3
8 Point

content Online

I oppose the idea of a massive federal expansion that will make TSA look like it doesn't even exist. Ron Paul happens to agree with me.

Dale3, if NRA were able to eliminate gun free zones, I would be all over that. I'm able to distinguish between eliminating gun free zones and supporting a MASSIVE federal power grab. Are you?

No you wouldnt be all over it. Nra put forth a very good plan, one i do not even beleave you have read.It includes local,state, federal, communites,local volunteers, NOTHING to do with a "MASSIVE FEDERAL POWER GRAB" scary words, like a liberal you use.
The NRA PLAN is, LET's SECURE OUR SCHOOLS NOW, work out the BS later as it will take FOREVER.

PART OF NRA PLAN.... "This model security plan will serve as a template — a set of best
practices, principles and guidelines that every school in America can
tweak, if needed, and tailor to their own set of circumstances.
Every school and community is different, but this model security plan
will allow every school to choose among its various components to
develop a school safety strategy that fits their own unique situation,
whether it's a large urban school, a small rural school or anything
in between.
Armed, trained, qualified school security personnel will be one element
of that plan, but by no means the only element. If a school decides for
whatever reason that it doesn't want or need armed security
personnel, that of course is a decision to be made by parents at the
local level.
The second point I want to make is that this will be a program that
doesn't depend on massive funding from local authorities or the
federal government
. Instead, it'll make use of local volunteers serving
in their own communities."

Edited by Dale3 (12/26/12 12:54 PM)

#3096157 - 12/26/12 01:05 PM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: TX300mag]
Dale3
8 Point

content Online

That's the left's argument, Dale3. Obama's already said the same thing and it will be heard many times when congress resumes. They know people are emotional and ready to compromise (even on the right) and will strike while the iron's hot.

If your school district wants armed guards in every classroom, they should have the right to make that decision for themselves.

If my school district wants to train and arm teachers to conceal, they should have that right.

Like i said, you have NOT EVEN read NRA's PLAN, because everything you say above, is EXACTLY what the NRA's plan SAYS!
WHATEVER, I siad it , we said it, before Obama head did, he took it from us LOL

Edited by Dale3 (12/26/12 01:26 PM)

#3096165 - 12/26/12 01:09 PM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: Dale3]
Dale3
8 Point

content Online
Take time to read before you open mouth and insert foot. Everything your complaining about, is in the plan. Its talked about in the plan. Everything you saying that should be in the plan, is in it. IN FACT, IT LIKE YOU TOOK IT woRD FOR WORD AND TRY TO MAKE IT YOUR OWN, AND COMPLAIN its not covered in the plan
http://home.nra.org/pdf/Transcript_PDF.pdf

Edited by Dale3 (12/26/12 01:15 PM)

#3096175 - 12/26/12 01:23 PM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: TX300mag]
Dale3
8 Point

content Online
 Originally Posted By: 348Winchester

Because as this thread shows, many republicans are ready to compromise. This is too good of an opportunity to settle for something like that when we can expand government control.

No compromise, when its what you always wanted and is your righ., No soft targets, no gun free zones, armed schools. compromise is when you have these things, not against them

#3096189 - 12/26/12 01:40 PM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: Dale3]
TX300mag
Pea Picker
14 Point

"I call on Congress today to act immediately, to appropriate whatever is necessary to put armed police officers in every school — and to do it now, to make sure that blanket of safety is in place when our children return to school in January.

Before Congress reconvenes, before we engage in any lengthy debate over legislation, regulation or anything else, as soon as our kids return to school after the holiday break, we need to have every single school in America immediately deploy a protection program proven to work —and by that I mean armed securi
ty."

Dale3, are we talking about the same NRA? This is from Wayne LaPierre of the National Rifle Association. Is it possible you were reading from someone else?

Team Peapicker

#3096199 - 12/26/12 01:45 PM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: Dale3]
W C
10 Point

Loc: Alabama

On a side note, if federal funding for armed security at schools were the only obstacle, it could be resolved by diverting federal funds from the 3000 daily abortions that the federal government says is OK. School kids would be safer and 3000 murders a day would be stopped.

#3096203 - 12/26/12 01:47 PM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: W C]
7wsm
8 Point

Loc: Tennessee

so true
 Originally Posted By: W C
On a side note, if federal funding for armed security at schools were the only obstacle, it could be resolved by diverting federal funds from the 3000 daily abortions that the federal government says is OK. School kids would be safer and 3000 murders a day would be stopped.

#3096204 - 12/26/12 01:48 PM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: W C]
7wsm
8 Point

Loc: Tennessee

but wait ,they can;t do this it makes to much sense
#3096206 - 12/26/12 01:50 PM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: TX300mag]
Dale3
8 Point

content Online
"I call on Congress today to act immediately, to appropriate whatever is necessary to put armed police officers in every school — and to do it now, to make sure that blanket of safety is in place when our children return to school in January.

Before Congress reconvenes, before we engage in any lengthy debate over legislation, regulation or anything else, as soon as our kids return to school after the holiday break, we need to have every single school in America immediately deploy a protection program proven to work —and by that I mean armed securi
ty."

Dale3, are we talking about the same NRA? This is from Wayne LaPierre of the National Rifle Association. Is it possible you were reading from someone else?

If you would bother to read the WHOLE thing, he introduces Asa Hutchinson, who heading up the plan and explains THE PLAN.
Go to the link above, thanks to Tow i beleave who posted it on here as a thread.
Here it is AGAIN, make it easy for you....

ALSO what your quoating from Wayne LaPierre and YOU ARE misinterpreting,misunderstanding, whatever.. is he called on Congress to do that right now as a safety blanket, to be in place when the kids returned to school after the holidays, UNTIL this NRA plan could be put in place.It was TEMPORARY immediate action what he was asking Congress to do!
IF that makes me and the NRA a sell out, compromiser, then so be it!

Edited by Dale3 (12/26/12 02:31 PM)

#3096249 - 12/26/12 02:28 PM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: Wildcat]
BMan
16 Point

*** You are ignoring this user ***

#3096270 - 12/26/12 02:43 PM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: TX300mag]
BMan
16 Point

Except Wildcat's comment appears to endorse a TSA-type approach to the problem: "How many airplanes have been flow into buildings since TSA was put in in airports?" The same number that were flown into buildings before TSA - zero.

TSA is nothing more than window dressing and airport security is no better than it was before the attacks. For someone to use TSA as a measure of success defies belief.

The solution is to put guns into the schools, but in the hands of the people who work there or volunteers who can become a de facto security force. Little or no money involved, and the benefits are instant and effective.

As has been pointed out by many others before, teachers in Israeli schools are armed - in a country where the enemy is taught to hate Jews from birth and brainwashed into believing martyrdom is to be desired. Yet, school attacks in Israel are virtually if not totally nonexistent.

Edited by BMan (12/26/12 03:00 PM)
Edit Reason: Changed endorses to "appears to endorse"

#3096278 - 12/26/12 02:47 PM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: BMan]
Dale3
8 Point

content Online

Except Wildcat's comment endorses a TSA-type approach to the problem: "How many airplanes have been flow into buildings since TSA was put in in airports?" The same number that were flown into buildings before TSA - zero.

TSA is nothing more than window dressing and airport security is no better than it was before the attacks. For someone to use TSA as a measure of success defies belief.

The solution is to put guns into the schools, but in the hands of the people who work there or volunteers who can become a de facto security force. Little or no money involved, and the benefits are instant and effective.

As has been pointed out by many others before, teachers in Israeli schools are armed - in a country where the enemy is taught to hate Jews from birth and brainwashed into believing martyrdom is to be desired. Yet, school attacks in Israel are virtually if not totally nonexistent.

Bman your part on the schools is EXACTLY what the NRA plan describes
Israel i beleave i read,has not had an attack on a school in about 40yrs now

#3096286 - 12/26/12 02:57 PM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: ]
Dale3
8 Point

content Online
 Originally Posted By: youngandfree
So we allow GOVT PAID TEACHERS to teach our children, but we OPPOSE GOVT PAID SECURITY to keep them secure??

I personally support allowing any teacher with a CCP to carry their handgun on them at all times.

ALL israeli teachers carry Military grade rifles at all times. Why cant we do the same?

Cause it would traumatize the kids who are misinformed and misraised by thier liberal parents, who only teach them guns are evil. Thats fine cause we can do it without them little wussy(not thier fault) ever knowing Miss Johnson packing!
I bet they dont even say the word "gun" in thier house, they refur to it as the "G WORD"! \:o \:o \:o \:o

We had armed officers in my school back in the freaking 70's, everyday, all day, walking the halls, plain dress suits, sometimes uniforms. Here it is 2012 and we still dont have them in every school and with all thats happened!
we knew who they were and why they were there, didnt bother no one, they cut up with you and were just one of the staff.

Edited by Dale3 (12/26/12 03:21 PM)

#3096355 - 12/26/12 04:08 PM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: BMan]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Except Wildcat's comment appears to endorse a TSA-type approach to the problem: "How many airplanes have been flow into buildings since TSA was put in in airports?" The same number that were flown into buildings before TSA - zero.

Looks like Bman is still trying to say anybody can get a Ar and several handguns into a school with armed guards, locked doors and going though a screening to get inside the building.

Yep they can get though all that easy so the obnly thing left is a all out ban on guns like Obama is pushing.

Guys like it or not but something better be done this time. The next time none of will stand a chance to stop it.

It's funny as hell that all the gun owners talk about the anti-gun groups and how OTHERS like the NRA fight them but they never join in. They would rather give up their guns first.

#3096360 - 12/26/12 04:15 PM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: Wildcat]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Dale, you have to understand something, they are members of the "only true conservatives" clut and if it comes from Ron Paul it's the gospel. It's also the reason Paul never got any real support nation wide.

#3096363 - 12/26/12 04:18 PM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: Wildcat]
TX300mag
Pea Picker
14 Point

You know, I'm not so concerned about democrats and liberals pushing for bigger government and more TSA-style responses. That's what democrats and liberals are SUPPOSED to do.

When conservatives and Republicans advocate stuff like that, we're in BIG trouble.

Team Peapicker

#3096367 - 12/26/12 04:21 PM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: Wildcat]
TX300mag
Pea Picker
14 Point

Dale, you have to understand something, they are members of the "only true conservatives" clut and if it comes from Ron Paul it's the gospel. It's also the reason Paul never got any real support nation wide.

You guys should love Ron Paul as much as you deflect issues and use him as your straw-man. Ron Paul or not, a bad idea is a bad idea.

Anytime you guys bring Ron Paul up I can be sure that you're trying to justify some big-government idea that conservatives shouldn't support. \:D

Team Peapicker

#3096374 - 12/26/12 04:24 PM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: TX300mag]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Want the truth

The last time I looked 3 planes flew into buildings on Sept 11, 2001.

TSA was created and signed into law Nov 19, 2001.

So tried to re-write history or never bothered to read it when he tried to say no planes flew into buildings before TSA.

#3096382 - 12/26/12 04:27 PM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: TX300mag]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

You guys should love Ron Paul as much as you deflect issues and use him as your straw-man. Ron Paul or not, a bad idea is a bad idea.

Anytime you guys bring Ron Paul up I can be sure that you're trying to justify some big-government idea that conservatives shouldn't support. \:D

Look at the tile of the thread. The first two words are Ron Paul and here you are trying your best to help Ron Paul, in fact that's the major reason you are ever posting on it let alone reading the posts. don't beleive me, do a simple search of threads. I already did so I know how many times you posted on them.

#3096390 - 12/26/12 04:37 PM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: Wildcat]
TX300mag
Pea Picker
14 Point

Look at the tile of the thread. The first two words are Ron Paul and here you are trying your best to help Ron Paul, in fact that's the major reason you are ever posting on it let alone reading the posts. don't beleive me, do a simple search of threads. I already did so I know how many times you posted on them.

Republican is the new democrat I'm afraid...

Team Peapicker

#3096394 - 12/26/12 04:39 PM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: TX300mag]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

That means Ron Paul is a democrat but then again we have tried to tell you that for a long time.

#3096401 - 12/26/12 04:43 PM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: Wildcat]
chunkandwind
8 Point

Loc: mckenzie,tn

When has the federal government ever got involved with something and not turned it into a power grab? If some people would stop trying to insult long enough to read what he is saying they would know he just wants the feds out of it and leave it up to state and local people. Like it should be.

Keep calm and brew beer.
Grow Organic! I can show you how.

#3096411 - 12/26/12 04:45 PM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: Wildcat]
TX300mag
Pea Picker
14 Point

That means Ron Paul is a democrat but then again we have tried to tell you that for a long time.

\:D

Team Peapicker

#3096420 - 12/26/12 04:48 PM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: chunkandwind]
TX300mag
Pea Picker
14 Point

Originally Posted By: chunkandwind
When has the federal government ever got involved with something and not turned it into a power grab? If some people would stop trying to insult long enough to read what he is saying they would know he just wants the feds out of it and leave it up to state and local people. Like it should be.

Very simple!

You would think that would be something someone who claims to be a conservative would appreciate.

Team Peapicker

#3096487 - 12/26/12 05:44 PM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: TX300mag]
FLTENNHUNTER1
16 Point

Loc: Tampa FL

I heard a snow storm blew through Kentucky....I heard a truck carrying tampons overturned and store shelves have been empty for weeks now.

17.9 Trillion http://www.usdebtclock.org/

#3096505 - 12/26/12 05:52 PM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: Dale3]
Dale3
8 Point

content Online

ty."

If you would bother to read the WHOLE thing, he introduces Asa Hutchinson, who heading up the plan and explains THE PLAN.
Go to the link above, thanks to Tow i beleave who posted it on here as a thread.

ALSO what your quoating from Wayne LaPierre and YOU ARE misinterpreting,misunderstanding, whatever.. is he called on Congress to do that right now as a safety blanket, to be in place when the kids returned to school after the holidays, UNTIL this NRA plan could be put in place.It was TEMPORARY immediate action what he was asking Congress to do!

TX300mag, you asked me 3-4 pages ago if we were talking about the same NRA, i proved, yes we were, and it was clear you had no idea what you were talking about and had not read what the NRA plan was. SO have you now read the whole thing?

#3096512 - 12/26/12 05:59 PM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: TX300mag]
Stalkhunter
10 Point

Loc: Knoxville TN

You truely believe TSA have stopped planes crashing into buildings since 9-11. Wow maybe if they are so good we should send them and homeland security to war. OMG get grip, better yet wake up. I have never seen one person feed so much bull on the TSA. And the Republicans what are you scared of.

I have seen these so called TSA people,you think they could stop anything. 90% are to fat to get out of their own way, the others are so old they would have heart attacks if they had to do something.

But then they only have old people to pick on and kids

I hate liberals and what i hate worst is people trying to cover up for Republicans, that are even worst then liberals. Ya we saw what Mcain just did. But thats ok he is a republican.

Go watch some more main stream news and believe the bull they are feeding you.

Μολων λαβε
I am a cancer Killer.

#3096528 - 12/26/12 06:12 PM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: Dale3]
TX300mag
Pea Picker
14 Point

ty."

TX300mag, you asked me 3-4 pages ago if we were talking about the same NRA, i proved, yes we were, and it was clear you had no idea what you were talking about and had not read what the NRA plan was. SO have you now read the whole thing?

Yes, I did Dale3. Thank you for clarifying and providing the link you did. You and I have differing opinions on the size, role, and purpose of the federal government-no big deal.

I believe issues such as security in schools should be determined and funded on a local level. If someone agrees with that statement then what's the purpose of a bill demanding that the feds ensure that our schools are guarded?

Team Peapicker

#3096553 - 12/26/12 06:27 PM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: TX300mag]
Dale3
8 Point

content Online

ty."

Yes, I did Dale3. Thank you for clarifying and providing the link you did. You and I have differing opinions on the size, role, and purpose of the federal government-no big deal.

I believe issues such as security in schools should be determined and funded on a local level. If someone agrees with that statement then what's the purpose of a bill demanding that the feds ensure that our schools are guarded?

I think i had been clear as to refuring to the NRA plan.
I think it was very clear seeing as how you had no idea i was quoating from the NRA Plan,that you had not read the plan and had no idea what you were talking about. If you had, you knew wHere that came from. So unbeleaveable how you bash something, you have not even read.
What more you complained reasons you were against it, you had no reason to be so. It was in the plan, that you had not bothered to read.

#3096966 - 12/26/12 10:42 PM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: chunkandwind]
AndyW
10 Point

Loc: Allardt, TN

Originally Posted By: chunkandwind
When has the federal government ever got involved with something and not turned it into a power grab?

Or even better, when has the federal government ever gotten involved with something and not screwed it up worse than Hogan's goat?

#3096980 - 12/26/12 11:04 PM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: W C]
de novo
10 Point

It's makes for somewhat confusing but very comical reading for the forum's two most inept debaters to attempt to debate a topic that they are completely wrong on. To make it priceless is the fact that it was all started just to bash Ron Paul. Didn't work out so well for two reasons.

1. The proposed NRA solution has numerous flaws. It would be expensive, would be another federal program with the same problems as all federal programs, and the small fact that our country does not have a history of elementary school shootings. We have one terrible, isolated incident that, IMO, does not justify a change in national policy. I'm more than comfortable with my kids' elementary principal deciding to carry a Glock or have a group of a few teachers, coaches, parents, etc. trained and armed.

It has been estimated that the annual cost for placing an armed guard at every US elementary public school would be $25 billion. Based on our inefficient government, the actual cost would probably be 2-3 times that amount.

Let's say every elementary school is guarded tomorrow (right now, fast like Dale wants it), the next mass killer will simply pick a middle school, a private elementary school, a skating rink, or any number of soft targets. Using the NRA's logic, we would then need an armed guard at every ....

Thirty-three violent deaths occurred at elementary and secondary school schools between July 1, 2009 and June 30, 2010, either on campus, on the way to or from campus, or during a school event, according to a recent report produced jointly by the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), Institute of Education Sciences, and the Bureau of Justice Statistics. These 33 deaths not only account for students, but also for staff members and others on school grounds, such as parents and intervening law enforcement officials, who were victims of homicide or suicide, the report clarifies.

While 33 school-related deaths in one year is 33 too many, this number is actually the lowest it's been since the report began tracking school violence in 1992. In 2006, the number of school-related deaths per year peaked at 63, the report shows. In fact, in-school homicides have consistently accounted for less than 2 percent of the total number of youth homicides nationwide for the years the report covers.

2. Second reason it didn't work out so well is because our two most inept posters are trying to defend a position.

The first mention of TSA in this thread. It appears as though this comment is insinuating that the presence of TSA has made our country safer.

I don't see where anyone mentioned putting the TSA in schools. Even though the word "you" is capitalized, i still didn't do it.

The NRA's point was, lets do the right things NOW to protect our childern, then we can have the gun debates, laws,bans, who repnsibilty it is later,knowing it will drag on.
The NRA plan is about right NOW. Whats fastest and best for the children,sort the BS out later.
Right, let's just hurry up and pass a bill to protect the children. Just pass it and we can find out what's in it later. That sounds familiar...

Originally Posted By: cecil30-30
Please back up this profound statement or is this your only contribution to the thread. Feel free to back up your statement with Paul quotes, clips, etc. Or since you apparently agree with the NRA's plan you could lay that out for us.

Originally Posted By: waynesworld
I think the federal leg can budget some for the implementation of more armed security in schools but I think like most things the states need to look at different ways to implement them. This would let states try to see what works and we can take data to see what works and what doesn't.
Thank you. That was the design of the Founders and our constitutional republic. Separate states to decide what was best for their citizens, not sweeping federal mandates from politicians to be monitored by bureacrats.

You got that straight yet??? or do I need to go slower?? My quote was specific and dealt with the TSA ONLY; well within the reading skills of any 7-year old 2nd grader.

Welcome to a debate, wildcat style!

#3097008 - 12/26/12 11:59 PM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: W C]
de novo
10 Point

Get your head out of Ron's a%*, mabe you would be also.

Irony, is no poster on this forum was more emphatically drinking Kool Aid during the primaries than you on your Cain Train.

Like it or not but Rob Paul is FINISHED next week, he retires Dec 31. He will be just another US citizen with a retirement package to live off. The cult members will still follow him around like the sheep they keep talking about. I only pray they leave Ryan alone otherwise they will kill any chance he has to win a higher national office.

First of all, Paul refused to participate in the Congressional pension plan because he considers it immoral. He will rely on his private retirement. Very few members of Congress possess his principles or integrity.

Secondly, his political influence will likely increase with his PAC and his support for his son's likely Presidential run. You know, the one, you still delusionally claim is nothing like his father. Thirdly, I need a translation for most of that post ... Rob Paul, Paul Ryan, Rand

No you wouldnt be all over it. Nra put forth a very good plan, one i do not even beleave you have read.It includes local,state, federal, communites,local volunteers, NOTHING to do with a "MASSIVE FEDERAL POWER GRAB" scary words, like a liberal you use.
The NRA PLAN is, LET's SECURE OUR SCHOOLS NOW, work out the BS later as it will take FOREVER.

The problem with federal money is that it comes with strings attached from the feds. Regardless, of the NRA's intentions a new federal bureacracy will be created. The Dept of School Security with agents, regulations, etc. Congress doesn't just give the money away, they insist on telling you how to spend it and use it to control you. This good bill will morph just like the patriot Act and the TSA and the NDAA - It will become another federal power grab.

Below is a portion of the NRA's statement. The NRA has the right idea but the Senate will not allow a good bill to pass and hopefully the House will fight any bad bills (i.e. gun control) We don't need any federal appropriations. :
I call on Congress today to act immediately, to appropriate whatever is
necessary to put armed police officers in every school — and to do it
now, to make sure that blanket of safety is in place when our children
return to school in January.

When you debate Ron Paul, you will lose. He is as Constitutionally sound as they come.
There is the problem with the handful of Paul bashers on here. They are not debating what Paul believes or any of his supporters, they are at odds with our own Constitution. His beliefs are simple, is it constitutional? This is how he earned the Dr. No reputation, sadly, many of the laws passed and supported by Dems and Pubs alike (that he vehemently opposed) in his career spanning over 30 years simply do not pass that simple test.

You know, I'm not so concerned about democrats and liberals pushing for bigger government and more TSA-style responses. That's what democrats and liberals are SUPPOSED to do.

When conservatives and Republicans advocate stuff like that, we're in BIG trouble.

A very true statement. Fortunately, they appear to be in the minority on this topic at this point.

More irony is that I would wager you are every bit as active on Ron Paul threads as TX300.

#3097022 - 12/27/12 03:06 AM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: de novo]
Koyodiak
8 Point

Loc: Kodak, TN

\:D

#3097108 - 12/27/12 06:44 AM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: de novo]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Right here YOU were the first to post about anybody advocating to put TSA in the schools. YOU did that not me.

I just brought that up to show they DO keep some people out of the planes. The NRA was talking about the plan putting in armed guards and screenings to get into the schools which is what TSA does in the airports.

But no, the lord Paul said different so here the cult members come, ever REWRITTING HISTORY to try to back Ron.

You are just another "only true conswervative" cult member who will defend the Gospel according to Paul any where anytime and over anything no mater the subject. All other conservatives not members of the Ron Paul cult are "neoconservatives".

You would rather side with Obama and his coming gun ban against the NRA for ONE SINGLE REASON. Paul disagreed with the NRA. Had the tread not put Pauls name in it most of you would never have opened it.

Attack me all you want and re-write history all you want but for God's sake please leave Ryan Paul alone. You all WILL kill any chance he has for higher office just like you killed his fathers chances. At one time long ago Ron Paul might have had a chance to win but the cults scorched earth policy killed any chance he had outside his HOME AREA, he couldn't ever win his home state. The cult members have turned away more voters than anything Ron Paul has done to try to pull in more voters. Ryan Paul is MY Senator from Kentucky, leave him alone.

#3097127 - 12/27/12 07:02 AM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: TX300mag]
fishboy1
16 Point

Loc: Warren Co

Here is my take.

1. I don't want the FEDS having ANYTHING to do with education. PERIOD.

2. I don't want the FEDS creating a police state/force in our schools.

3. Kick the FEDS out of our education system entirely and bring it all back to the local level. "FREE" gubment money is killing public education and now its actually killing our kids.

4. Do away with gun free zones. Stupid idea designed to harass and incarcerate law abiding citizens exercising the 2A

5. School boards ON A LOCAL LEVEL should offer more advanced handgun training to education employees willing to take the responsibility to carry on campus and be a volunteer defender.

#3097154 - 12/27/12 07:32 AM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: de novo]
Dale3
8 Point

content Online

Get your head out of Ron's a%*, mabe you would be also.

Irony, is no poster on this forum was more emphatically drinking Kool Aid during the primaries than you on your Cain Train.

First of all, Paul refused to participate in the Congressional pension plan because he considers it immoral. He will rely on his private retirement. Very few members of Congress possess his principles or integrity.

Secondly, his political influence will likely increase with his PAC and his support for his son's likely Presidential run. You know, the one, you still delusionally claim is nothing like his father. Thirdly, I need a translation for most of that post ... Rob Paul, Paul Ryan, Rand

The problem with federal money is that it comes with strings attached from the feds. Regardless, of the NRA's intentions a new federal bureacracy will be created. The Dept of School Security with agents, regulations, etc. Congress doesn't just give the money away, they insist on telling you how to spend it and use it to control you. This good bill will morph just like the patriot Act and the TSA and the NDAA - It will become another federal power grab.

Below is a portion of the NRA's statement. The NRA has the right idea but the Senate will not allow a good bill to pass and hopefully the House will fight any bad bills (i.e. gun control) We don't need any federal appropriations. :
I call on Congress today to act immediately, to appropriate whatever is
necessary to put armed police officers in every school — and to do it
now, to make sure that blanket of safety is in place when our children
return to school in January.

When you debate Ron Paul, you will lose. He is as Constitutionally sound as they come.
There is the problem with the handful of Paul bashers on here. They are not debating what Paul believes or any of his supporters, they are at odds with our own Constitution. His beliefs are simple, is it constitutional? This is how he earned the Dr. No reputation, sadly, many of the laws passed and supported by Dems and Pubs alike (that he vehemently opposed) in his career spanning over 30 years simply do not pass that simple test.

A very true statement. Fortunately, they appear to be in the minority on this topic at this point.

More irony is that I would wager you are every bit as active on Ron Paul threads as TX300.

I would not waste my time on a ron paul site. Went there once do to a link and found Paulys bashing other Paulys for being such kool-aid drinking a%*(^( and turning people off for Ron. Pretty funny.
SORRY it happened to be RON, i would have posted it no matter who it was! I AM NOT LIKE YOU! I would have POSTED THIS IF HERMAN CAIN HAD SAID IT AND BASHED HIM FOR DOING SO!I am and did was the FRIST to pOST MANY OF Herman CAins downfalls. NOT LIKE YOU AT ALL. I GET NO ONES PREFECT! UNLIKE YOU I DONT COMPLEATLY CONDIME SOMEONE WITH NO PROOF, NO FACTS! I BASHED HERMAN CAIN MANY MANY TIMES ON THIS FORUM ALONE! Apprently your lying or you have NEVER EVER know someone who had an affiar! I HAVE KNOW MANY! The LAST ONE IN HERMAN CAINS TAKE DOWN, WHAT WAS IT 12-15 YEAR AFFAIR SHE CLAIMED and YET SHE HAD NO PROOF WHAT SO EVER OF IT?? 80 PLUS TEXT MESSAGES THAT NEVER SHOWED ANY AFFIAR AT ALL? ONLY SHOWED WHAT HERMAN CLAIMED WAS HIM HELPING HER WITH MONEY? I will ASK YOU AGAIN AND MAYBE YOUR TO YOUNG AND CLUELESS TO KNOW, IF YOU KNOW ANYONE WHO HAD AN AFFIAR, WHEN HAS THERE NOT BEEN ANY PROOF OF IT? IF YOU BELEAVED THAT LAST WOMAN, THIS WENT ON FOR MANY MANY YEARS AND SHE HAD ZERO PROOF! MANY MANY YEAR SHE CLAIMED WITH ZERO PROOF! I ASK YOU AGAIN LIKE I DID THEN DO YOU KNOW ANYONE WHO EVER HAD AN AFFAIR, IF YOU DID THEN YOU SHOULD KNOW THERES PROOF OF IT! I THINK YOUR VERY YOUNG, BECAUSE IF YOU WERENT YOU KNOW A AFFAIR FOR SO MANY YEARS AS CLAIMED BY HER THERE WOULD WITHOUT A DOUT BE PROOF! 80 PLUS TEXT MESSAGES AND NOTHING WITCH EVEN MADE YOU THINK OF AN AFFAIR! YOUR CLUELESS OR LIVE IN LIES AND HAVENT BEEN AROUND MUCH IF YoU DIDNT GET THAT! I'm NOT saying Cain didnt, but it [censored] sure wasnt with her, or the blonde bimbo, or the other prooflless claimers! I dont just like you make myself beleave BS thats unproven. I just dont take 53 yrs and throw them out the window as you! As i stated back then, i can see Cain doing such things, but not with any of those who came forth! Cain was full of himself like so manym have been! Cain liked himself to much and was a above grabbing blond bimbo slut, and pulling her to his #(*%%(! THAT WAS NOT HIS STYLE, THATR WAS NOT HOW HE THOUGHT OF HIMSELF. CAIN WOULD HAVE IF HE DONE IT BEEN ABOVE THAT IN HIS MIND. you are and were cleary young and dumb or you would know this! I have many many many black friends and they cheat, more so than whites! its a fact. Weather its a married black man or black woman they cheat more so than whites i know and is more exceptable. The white woman who said he pulled her head down was a slut and had been all her life, a gold digger. what was this your first trip? The last, i have NEVER in 53 yrs heard such a insane lie! She claimed of a 12-15 yr affair with ZERO proof! She claimed 80+ text messages with ZERO PROOF.
You NEVER posted any bad on ron paul, i was ALWAYS THE FIRST TO REPOORT BAD ON HERMAN CAIN! I DONT LIVE IN YOUR LIES!
TX300mag BASHED THE NRA'S PALN AND HE PROVE DON THIS TOPIC HE HAD NEVER EVEN READ IT OR KNEW WHA T IT WAS ABOUT!!!!!
TX300MAG IS A LOSER! HE HAS NO CLUE WHAT SO EVER HE TALKING ABOUT! HE NEVER READ THE NRA's PLAN!! WHAT A LOSER!
FOR you to think the NRA plan is helpful to the feds is compleat BS! JUST THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE YOURSELF BELEAVE AND WHAT A INSANE COMENT THaT IS?
TX300mag comes on this thread bashing the NRA's Plan, and he DOes NOT EVEN KNOW WHAT IT IS! HE NEVER EVEN READ IT! INFACT SO INSANELY HE STATES IF IT HAD THIS AND THIS AND THIS HE BE FOR IT! TX300MAG IS NAME CALLING AND BELITTLING!
IT DID!! LOL HE HAD NEVER EVER READ IT! IF YOU BOTHER TO READ THE THREAD YOU WOULD KNOW THIS AND BE NO DOUT IN YOUR MIND!
ON TOP OF THAT HE TOTALLY COMPLEATLY AND HAD TO BE ON PURPOSE MISREPERSENTED WHAT Wayne LaPierre SAID, cause what he said was CLEARLY TEMPORARY! WAS clearly RIGHT NOW, NO MATTTER WHAT, NO MATTER WHO OR WHAT SIDE YOUR ON, LET GET OUR SCHOOLs SECURE BEFORE THEY COME BACK FROM the BREAK! THE NRA PLAN DID NOT GIVE INTO NOTHING!!
I reallly exspected better of TX300MAG and admit he DIDNT READ OR KNOW WHAT THE NRA PLAN WAS, BUT LIKE YOU, HE JUST COULDNT ADMIT HE WAS TOTALLY WRONG, and CLUELESS TO THE NRA PLAN!
WOW, SORRY I ASSUMED SEEING AS HOW YOUR BASHING THE NRA's PLAN, THAT YOU KNEW WHAT IT WAS! WASNT UNTIL YOU EXPOSE YOURSELF, THAT I KNEW YOU WERE COMPLEATLY CLUELESS! I QUOAT DIRECTLY FROM THE NRA PLAN AND TX300MAG iS like....
"Dale3, are we talking about the same NRA? This is from Wayne LaPierre of the National Rifle Association. Is it possible you were reading from someone else? "
YES WE ARE TX300MAG, YOU JUST DIDNT BOTHER TO READ THE COMPLEAT STATEMENT AND TOOK WHAT(LITTLE) YOU READ COMPLEATLY OUT OF CONTEXT, refused to comprehend what the NRA SAID!
NO TX300MAG TOOK ONLY A COUPLE OF LINES FROM

#3097156 - 12/27/12 07:32 AM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: fishboy1]
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

Originally Posted By: fishboy1
Here is my take.

3. Kick the FEDS out of our education system entirely and bring it all back to the local level. "FREE" gubment money is killing public education and now its actually killing our kids.

4. Do away with gun free zones. Stupid idea designed to harass and incarcerate law abiding citizens exercising the 2A

5. School boards ON A LOCAL LEVEL should offer more advanced handgun training to education employees willing to take the responsibility to carry on campus and be a volunteer defender.

I couldn't agree more fb.

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#3097175 - 12/27/12 07:50 AM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: fishboy1]
Mudbone
10 Point

Loc: Old hickory Tn

Originally Posted By: fishboy1
Here is my take.

ding ding!! We have a winner!

#3097176 - 12/27/12 07:51 AM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: Dale3]
Dale3
8 Point

content Online
AS for WILDCAT, i have no controll over him, nore should i have. I never once brought up the TSA, and it has NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS POST! JUST AS YOU HAVe no contol over TX300MAG, i have NO CONTROLL OVER WILDCAT, NOR DO I CLAIM TO! I do not know him at all, and have never claimed to. his has his ideas! JUST AS TX300 MAG has his! I do not defend him as you do TX300mag! Not my fault TX300mag apposed the NRA before he ever even knew what their plan was! That was just stupid! Now your making yourself look stupid trying to defend stupid! The text in this thread PROVE TX300MAG WAS STUPID! they prove he had no idea what the nra plan IS!!!!!! OH THATS RIGHT ACT AS IF OU DONT KNOW THE TRUTH. go along with it! EVERYTHING TX300MAG claimed was wrong with the NRAS plan, is in thier PLAN!
TX30mag did NOT read, did not KNOW the NRA's plan. Proven not by me, but himself!!! he had ZERO idea of what it was!! ZERO IDEA!

Edited by Dale3 (12/27/12 07:57 AM)

#3097192 - 12/27/12 08:03 AM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: Dale3]
TX300mag
Pea Picker
14 Point

AS for WILDCAT, i have no controll over him, nore should i have. I never once brought up the TSA, and it has NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS POST! JUST AS YOU HAVe no contol over TX300MAG, i have NO CONTROLL OVER WILDCAT, NOR DO I CLAIM TO! I do not know him at all, and have never claimed to. his has his ideas! JUST AS TX300 MAG has his! I do not defend him as you do TX300mag! Not my fault TX300mag apposed the NRA before he ever even knew what their plan was! That was just stupid! Now your making yourself look stupid trying to defend stupid! The text in this thread PROVE TX300MAG WAS STUPID! they prove he had no idea what the nra plan IS!!!!!! OH THATS RIGHT ACT AS IF OU DONT KNOW THE TRUTH. go along with it! EVERYTHING TX300MAG claimed was wrong with the NRAS plan, is in thier PLAN!
TX30mag did NOT read, did not KNOW the NRA's plan. Proven not by me, but himself!!! he had ZERO idea of what it was!! ZERO IDEA!

Dale3, thank you for providing YOUR link. I had not read YOUR link in its entirety until you provided it for me.

Fortunately, there are other avenues of receiving news other than in your posts. Your post was NOT the first time NRA's plan has been revealed.

Team Peapicker

#3097207 - 12/27/12 08:13 AM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: TX300mag]
TX300mag
Pea Picker
14 Point

Very simple Dale3: You see the federal government as the solution, I see it as the problem (specifically in the case of school security).

Calling me stupid or deflecting everything back to Ron Paul is only a distraction from the issue of whether or not MASSIVE federal government intrusion into our schools is a good idea or not.

As fishboy stated, I've long supported removing the feds from the education system and allow the local levels to handle how our children are educated. My kids aren't in the government school system, but I think a quality education benefits everyone.

Team Peapicker

#3097235 - 12/27/12 08:34 AM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: TX300mag]
TennesseeRains
TnDeer Old Timer
16 Point

Loc: Hixson,TN

I think that what's got people - me included - a little side ways with Ron Paul on this issue is that the NRA is getting hit on all sides by the Libs and Media...they don't need Ron adding fuel to the fire and giving Libs & the Media ammunition (pun intended) to use his comments (typically out of context) against the NRA.
I don't always eat meat but when I do I prefer deer. Stay hungry my friends-nbforrest#3

To be fair, we can now blame everything on everything else-Wildcat

A nation of sheep breeds a gov't of wolves

#3097236 - 12/27/12 08:36 AM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: TX300mag]
guthooked
4 Point

Loc: Gibbs

Can't believe i overlooked this thread till now. Reminds me of another discussion I had a while back. I think what concerns many of us in a thread like this is that so many of you who are "conservative" are willing to let the federal government dictate things that should be left up to personal choice.

Y'all have got to quit thinking that it's us against them. It's not democrats against republicans. Both parties are working to protect civil rights in some areas and are willing to take them in others. You have to start paying attention to the issues rather than the parties.

As scary as it is, some of the things that the democratic party has proposed will protect civil rights while some of the things that the republican party has proposed (in this case the NRA) may infringe on civil rights. PAY ATTENTION TO EACH ISSUE AND DON'T JUST FOLLOW YOUR PARTY BLINDLY. Even the "tea party" has been far too willing to infringe on civil/personal rights.

#3097240 - 12/27/12 08:39 AM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: TennesseeRains]
guthooked
4 Point

Originally Posted By: TennesseeRains
I think that what's got people - me included - a little side ways with Ron Paul on this issue is that the NRA is getting hit on all sides by the Libs and Media...they don't need Ron adding fuel to the fire and giving Libs & the Media ammunition (pun intended) to use his comments (typically out of context) against the NRA.

Then they should take a little longer to think through their responses. We shouldn't support everything just because we support their general cause. That's intellectual laziness. The NRA let us down with this response. Frankly, they had enough incidents before now that they should have come up with a more appropriate response a long time ago. Seriously, how many school shootings have there been and this is their response? Late and lazy.

#3097369 - 12/27/12 10:08 AM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: guthooked]
TX300mag
Pea Picker
14 Point

Originally Posted By: guthooked
I think what concerns many of us in a thread like this is that so many of you who are "conservative" are willing to let the federal government dictate things that should be left up to personal choice.

exactly

Team Peapicker

#3097538 - 12/27/12 12:05 PM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: Wildcat]
de novo
10 Point

Right here YOU were the first to post about anybody advocating to put TSA in the schools. YOU did that not me.

Please post where i advocated putting TSA in schools. you must have copied the wrong response because it's not in that one. To date you are one of the few to praise the TSA and their tactics. Capitalizing the word YOU still does not change what was posted.

Attack me all you want and re-write history all you want but for God's sake please leave Ryan Paul alone. You all WILL kill any chance he has for higher office just like you killed his fathers chances.

For Pete's sake his name is RAND. But i will leave Ryan Paul or Paul Ryan or Rand Paul alone as long as they stand by the Constitution.

#3097598 - 12/27/12 12:58 PM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: TX300mag]
BMan
16 Point

You see the federal government as the solution, I see it as the problem (specifically in the case of school security).

^^^ THIS ^^^

#3097620 - 12/27/12 01:20 PM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: de novo]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

]Right here YOU were the first to post about anybody advocating to put TSA in the schools. YOU did that not me.

Please post where i advocated putting TSA in schools. you must have copied the wrong response because it's not in that one. To date you are one of the few to praise the TSA and their tactics. Capitalizing the word YOU still does not change what was posted.

Attack me all you want and re-write history all you want but for God's sake please leave Ryan Paul alone. You all WILL kill any chance he has for higher office just like you killed his fathers chances.

For Pete's sake his name is RAND. But i will leave Ryan Paul or Paul Ryan or Rand Paul alone as long as they stand by the Constitution.

I put them in bold letters where I said what YOU posted. I QUOTED it and you still cannot read it because you cannot see what you wrote.

Now YOU accuse me of "chopping", well that's a bald faced lie. I posted the WHOLE post YOU wrote. unlike your later posts where you CHOPPED the posts and only pulled out certain things from them.

Now YOU show the rest of us where I advoctaed putting TSA in the schools. YOU are the FIRST one to bring that up in YOUR first post. Simply go back to the first page and read.

#3097626 - 12/27/12 01:23 PM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: de novo]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

It's makes for somewhat confusing but very comical reading for the forum's two most inept debaters to attempt to debate a topic that they are completely wrong on. To make it priceless is the fact that it was all started just to bash Ron Paul. Didn't work out so well for two reasons.

1. The proposed NRA solution has numerous flaws. It would be expensive, would be another federal program with the same problems as all federal programs, and the small fact that our country does not have a history of elementary school shootings. We have one terrible, isolated incident that, IMO, does not justify a change in national policy. I'm more than comfortable with my kids' elementary principal deciding to carry a Glock or have a group of a few teachers, coaches, parents, etc. trained and armed.

It has been estimated that the annual cost for placing an armed guard at every US elementary public school would be $25 billion. Based on our inefficient government, the actual cost would probably be 2-3 times that amount.

Let's say every elementary school is guarded tomorrow (right now, fast like Dale wants it), the next mass killer will simply pick a middle school, a private elementary school, a skating rink, or any number of soft targets. Using the NRA's logic, we would then need an armed guard at every ....

Thirty-three violent deaths occurred at elementary and secondary school schools between July 1, 2009 and June 30, 2010, either on campus, on the way to or from campus, or during a school event, according to a recent report produced jointly by the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), Institute of Education Sciences, and the Bureau of Justice Statistics. These 33 deaths not only account for students, but also for staff members and others on school grounds, such as parents and intervening law enforcement officials, who were victims of homicide or suicide, the report clarifies.

While 33 school-related deaths in one year is 33 too many, this number is actually the lowest it's been since the report began tracking school violence in 1992. In 2006, the number of school-related deaths per year peaked at 63, the report shows. In fact, in-school homicides have consistently accounted for less than 2 percent of the total number of youth homicides nationwide for the years the report covers.

2. Second reason it didn't work out so well is because our two most inept posters are trying to defend a position.

The first mention of TSA in this thread. It appears as though this comment is insinuating that the presence of TSA has made our country safer.

I don't see where anyone mentioned putting the TSA in schools. Even though the word "you" is capitalized, i still didn't do it.

The NRA's point was, lets do the right things NOW to protect our childern, then we can have the gun debates, laws,bans, who repnsibilty it is later,knowing it will drag on.
Right, let's just hurry up and pass a bill to protect the children. Just pass it and we can find out what's in it later. That sounds familiar...

Originally Posted By: cecil30-30
Please back up this profound statement or is this your only contribution to the thread. Feel free to back up your statement with Paul quotes, clips, etc. Or since you apparently agree with the NRA's plan you could lay that out for us.

Originally Posted By: waynesworld
Thank you. That was the design of the Founders and our constitutional republic. Separate states to decide what was best for their citizens, not sweeping federal mandates from politicians to be monitored by bureacrats.

You got that straight yet??? or do I need to go slower?? My quote was specific and dealt with the TSA ONLY; well within the reading skills of any 7-year old 2nd grader.

Welcome to a debate, wildcat style!

Here are some of the different posts YOU CHOPPED to suit your views.

#3097662 - 12/27/12 01:52 PM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: TX300mag]
Dale3
8 Point

content Online

Dale3, thank you for providing YOUR link. I had not read YOUR link in its entirety until you provided it for me.

Fortunately, there are other avenues of receiving news other than in your posts. Your post was NOT the first time NRA's plan has been revealed.

MUST have been the first time the NRA's plan was revealed to you, cause you were clueless what the plan was.Maybe you should use my post instead of these other avenues you speak of, sounds like they leave out alot or only tell you what you want to hear LOL
SO now there is DIFFERENT NRA PLANS OUT THERE? SO WHAT THE NRA RELEASED MORE THAN ONE STATEMENT OF THIER PLAN WITH DIFFERENT THINGS AND ENDINGS? PLEASE GIVE ME A BREAK!
Then you should have READ thier plan and knew what was in it before you went bashing it. YOU HAD NOT, AND DID NOT!

Even what YOU quoted from Wayne LaPierre you took out of context and cut it off.
SORRY unlike you i looked at the WHOLE statement and plan.
Your going to hit China pretty soon.

You know Wildcat was right, there are a couple of people in this forum who just cant get over Ron Paul and Ron paul mean more to them than this isssue.
I could care less it was Ron Paul, he HISTORY, as is Herman Cain, as is Mitt Romney.
I'm am outraged at ANYONE who would attack the NRA for being the ONLY ones TRYING to do the RIGHT THING and DOING IT NOW.
Whats worse so many of the reason those give attacking them here, are baseless reason like yourself and your rant it should be this or that and it was, it was in the plan, you were wanting to disagree BEFORE you EVEN knew what it was. Which proves no matter what it was you would disagree with it.
Theres no scary "massive federal power grab" to it! which is all you have left to cling to, now that you have bothered to actually READ the PLAN.
Its a very good plan. Its the best out there. If there was a better one, i'd be all for it, but theres not, and it does a very good job of keeping the federal government out of it as much as possible. Maybe its just me, but im pretty sure the NRA has always been for less federal government also!
The NRA did what is right, and the right way. Sit on your hands waiting for something better, dont rush into it. While doing so, the other side is going to dump a load of dodo in your lap, that you will never get out from under as they rush to seize the moment!
The REAL'MASSIVE FEDERAL POWER GRAB" you SHOULD be WORRIED ABOUT is the OTHER SIDE, the ANTI-gunners, because as i said while you sit on your hands, and think theres no need to rush, THEY ARE GOING TO CLEAN YOUR CLOCK as they DO and WILL and ARE RUSHING to SEIZE THIS MOMENT!

Edited by Dale3 (12/27/12 03:08 PM)

#3097869 - 12/27/12 04:48 PM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: Dale3]
guthooked
4 Point

I might be missing the point, but I thought this was about Ron Paul's failure to support the NRA/GOP agenda. Can you get back on track?

#3097893 - 12/27/12 05:09 PM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: guthooked]
TX300mag
Pea Picker
14 Point

How is giving the federal government more power going to keep them from taking away our guns, Dale3?

I'm all for perching ninjas on top of every set of monkey bars and over every door way if that's what a particular school district wants to do.

Right now there is NOTHING stopping a school district from posting armed guards-many already do. I'm OK with that.

Why do we need the federal government telling our school districts what to do any more than they already do? I'm beginning to think you're missing the point altogether of why this is a bad idea.

Team Peapicker

#3099185 - 12/28/12 03:33 PM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: TX300mag]
Dale3
8 Point

content Online
How is giving the federal government more power going to keep them from taking away our guns, Dale3?

I'm all for perching ninjas on top of every set of monkey bars and over every door way if that's what a particular school district wants to do.

Right now there is NOTHING stopping a school district from posting armed guards-many already do. I'm OK with that.

Why do we need the federal government telling our school districts what to do any more than they already do? I'm beginning to think you're missing the point altogether of why this is a bad idea.

No TX i get it. ALSO ,sorry for the "Stupid" comment,things got dirty, i got dirtier,crossed the line.
What i see though is that will be like spilled milk compared to what the left will do and are not wasting anytime to seize this moment. They have MUCH in thier favor right now. We cant wait, we cant bash our own.
I think the NRA's plan covers schools having the choice to do as much or as little as they want or what they want. It also includes volontiers. Oh love the "perching ninjas on top of every set of monkey bars" good one. I got that picture in my mind.

What the left will do to the 2nd Amendment and our rights, we will be wishing for the NRA's plan. Its not set in stone, the NRA doesnt like the fed anymore than you or i.
We need to win the popularity war right now. Bashing our own and who most evryone including the left look at as our voice(NRA), will only hurt us and we already have an up hill battle this time more than ever.
We have a major fight with them, we dont need to be fighting ourselves, this is going to be a very tuff fight this time, and with how things have gone latley for us, last thing we need to do is hurt ourselves on this one right now

Edited by Dale3 (12/28/12 04:03 PM)

#3099300 - 12/28/12 05:18 PM Re: Ron Paul RIPS NRA for plain of officers in school [Re: Dale3]
TX300mag
Pea Picker
14 Point

Dale3, you're cool with me! I appreciate you and your zeal. Enjoy our discussions.

Team Peapicker

Page all of 9 12345>Last »

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
TnDear, buckslayer85, crose84, Fisher 1959, AKeys
13384 Registered Users
Who's Online
98 registered (Non-Typical, fullstream, Benbocat1, Tennessee Lead, Maverick, Thicketmaster, 8 invisible) and 192 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13384 Members
42 Forums
96114 Topics
1125354 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.09 seconds in which 0.003 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.