Tndeer Logo

Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#3094222 - 12/24/12 06:39 PM Re: Looking to do.... [Re: FULLDRAWXX75]
Savage Shooter
8 Point

Loc: Shelby Co, Tn

Sounds good Fulldraw. I assume the P&B is because of some type of flavor addition. I will give this a whirl on Wednesday and let ya know how I like it.

#3094599 - 12/25/12 07:12 AM Re: Looking to do.... [Re: Savage Shooter]
FULLDRAWXX75
12 Point

Loc: Adirondack Mtns, NY

Originally Posted By: Savage Shooter
Sounds good Fulldraw. I assume the P&B is because of some type of flavor addition. I will give this a whirl on Wednesday and let ya know how I like it.

This recipe is supposed to be a very quick and easy dinner/camp meal. As you can see there is not a whole lot to it, but the result are fantastic. The pork & beans help to add a little thickening action to the soup and the beans are already pre-cooked per say.

Like I said above, you can add any type of additional veggies or spices you may like to give it a little different twist.

I hope you enjoy it

FDXX75

#3095976 - 12/26/12 10:24 AM Re: Looking to do.... [Re: memfuzz]
striperhunter90
4 Point

Loc: mcminnville tn

Originally Posted By: memfuzz
"An easy to make summer sausage that is cooked right in your oven! It is nice to give away in gift baskets, and you can add or omit spices to suit your taste."
INGREDIENTS:
5 pounds ground beef
5 teaspoons sugar-based curing mixture
(such as Morton® Tender Quick®)
1/4 cup mustard seed
3 tablespoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
1 tablespoon salt
1/2 teaspoon hickory-flavored liquid
smoke
DIRECTIONS:
1. In a large bowl, mix beef, curing mixture, mustard seed, garlic powder, cayenne, red pepper flakes, salt, and liquid smoke. Cover with plastic, and refrigerate for three days, mixing well once a day.
2. On the fourth day, preheat oven to 200 degrees F (100 degrees C).
3. Shape the mixture into five logs, and place on a wire rack over a large drip pan. Bake for eight hours, then remove to cool on paper towels. Let cool, then wrap logs individually in plastic wrap. Chill completely before slicing. They also freeze well.

How well will this work with ground venision should you add fat?

If fishing is interfering with your business, give up your business

#3096015 - 12/26/12 10:57 AM Re: Looking to do.... [Re: striperhunter90]
Crosshairy
10 Point

Loc: Bartlett, TN

x2 on the meatloaf suggestion

Also, my wife makes killer enchiladas with either ground or steaks. You can make the sauce from scratch with online recipes, or buy canned enchilada sauce for faster results.

We usually sautee onions and bell peppers with the meat (mixed with some taco seasoning), add sliced black olives and mushrooms if we have them. Each tortilla shell gets rolled up with all that filling (and some grated cheese), and the enchiladas are just stuffed side by side in the casserole dish (we usually can fit 5 or 6 in there). The whole thing is topped with enchilada sauce and grated cheese, and baked in the oven to melt everything together.

#3096545 - 12/26/12 06:20 PM Re: Looking to do.... [Re: Crosshairy]
TAFKAP
14 Point

Loc: Memphis

Greek stuffed grapeleaves are a staple in Momma TAFKAP's kitchen. The Greeks typically use lamb, so the venison wouldn't be a dramatic change. Google "dolma" or "dolmares" for some help. Many restaurants just serve a spiced rice only recipe as an appetizer, and they're generally served cold. But as a main course dish, they're served hot, and with a lemon-dill sauce.

Mom hasn't used a recipe in years, but has been going on memory based on watching a chef in Greece show her how to make them...many years ago.

The meat filling is basically a meatloaf mix, without the eggs and bread crumbs. To hold it together, they use cooked white rice. The rice isn't a central ingredient, so only use enough to hold the meat together. Basic spices will be salt, pepper, and dried herbs (oregano, basil, and dill).

You can find jarred grape leaves in the international section of most city grocery stores. A spoonful of filling placed in the center of one grape leaf is all you need. Roll it up into a single piece, and place it in a large baking dish. They're cooked in the oven, generally steamed in a bit of chicken broth, and covered very tightly for about an hour.

The sauce is lemony, with just some dill as a flavor kick....the liquid base is chicken stock. Thicken a bit with corn starch until it's the consistency of maybe a thin gravy. Serve with white rice, and generously spoon the sauce all over.

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  Bobby G, RUGER, Unicam, gtk, CBU93, stretch, Kimber45, Crappie Luck, Mrs.Unicam 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
THEdonkey0515, muddyhunter, davey1230, MisquitoNet, strutter rutter
13079 Registered Users
Who's Online
51 registered (Big Buck, bull, LA man, excalhunter, Phil1979, rastubbs, 7 invisible) and 123 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13079 Members
42 Forums
88083 Topics
1031804 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 5.242 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.