Tndeer Logo

Page 6 of 9 « First<45678>Last »
Topic Options
#3091619 - 12/22/12 06:56 PM Re: Gun Ban Coming..thanks Barack Hussein Obama [Re: contendershooter]
7mm08
12 Point

Loc: In a river hopefully!

Originally Posted By: contendershooter
 Originally Posted By: pseshooter300
Glad i dont have a AR never got into that AR hype couldnt justify buying one over a bolt action rifle hopefully nra will stand up for us
glad you feel that way even though you don't own one...many don't you just realize its only a matter of time before the "evil bolt action rifles" must go

Exactly. While it was truly sad what a crazed mad man can do with an AR, the same could have been done with the long extended magazines for a Glock.

But what ultimately it comes down to is the Government wants control of you and me, and this is what the 2A was about. To prevent the government from taking away rights of the little man. Not just gun rights but speech, press, etc and control us in an eventual fascist state. It's happened before, this is not new. They have the man in place and they control the press enough to do it, as well as time to construct a plan for the next three years.....to get all the weapons. Don't believe it can happen? Read what happened in Australia.

#3091624 - 12/22/12 07:05 PM Re: Gun Ban Coming..thanks Barack Hussein Obama [Re: 7mm08]
Poser
Mud Dauber
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

Here's my peace: Citizens should not be outgunned/out armed by the law enforcemet extension of the goverment. Law enforcement should not be outgunned/out armed by criminals.

Wild & crazy, can't be stopped. Only the strong will survive.

Keep your knife sharp and your skillet greasy.

http://www.GoCarnivore.com

#3091643 - 12/22/12 07:15 PM Re: Gun Ban Coming..thanks Barack Hussein Obama [Re: 7mm08]
BigSatt
10 Point

Loc: Northern Middle Tn.

Originally Posted By: 7mm08

But what ultimately it comes down to is the Government wants control of you and me, and this is what the 2A was about. To prevent the government from taking away rights of the little man. Not just gun rights but speech, press, etc and control us in an eventual fascist state. It's happened before, this is not new. They have the man in place and they control the press enough to do it.

Exactly!

#3091650 - 12/22/12 07:18 PM Re: Gun Ban Coming..thanks Barack Hussein Obama [Re: BigSatt]
Remmy25-06
4 Point

Loc: W.tn

10-4 POSER!!!!!!!!!
#3091652 - 12/22/12 07:19 PM Re: Gun Ban Coming..thanks Barack Hussein Obama [Re: Remmy25-06]
Terence
4 Point

Loc: TN

Originally Posted By: Remmy25-06
No law abiding american should have to take a safety course everytime he or she buys a gun it's your right to own it. There should be in place at hospitals that if u go in for any type of mental evaluation or have those problems it should be recorded with tbi and a red flag pop up but hippa causes a problem there. Banning ar-15s or high capacity magazines isn't the answer but congress is to stupid to know that it's just a band aid. Armed security in schools. COONHUNTIN COME ON MAN WHAT THE HELL!!!!!

I didnt mean take a course everytime you want to buy a gun just a one time thing before purchasing a gun.

#3091666 - 12/22/12 07:29 PM Re: Gun Ban Coming..thanks Barack Hussein Obama [Re: Terence]
7mm08
12 Point

Loc: In a river hopefully!

I will gladly turn over EVERY weapon I own to defend my family and home WHEN EVERYONE in the congress, Seneate, executive branches, AND hollywood entertainers that are protected by arm guards turn in their weapons. Simple enough.

Edited by 7mm08 (12/22/12 07:30 PM)

#3091917 - 12/22/12 11:16 PM Re: Gun Ban Coming..thanks Barack Hussein Obama [Re: OHVATN]
Hunter 257W
10 Point

Loc: Franklin County

Originally Posted By: sds1961
This post should have been made on the political discussion forum.

I'm a staunch defender of Americans' rights to "keep and bear arms" (guaranteed to us against the federal government by the Second Amendment, and state governments via the Fourteenth Amendment.) Arguments on this thread along the lines of "I can buy/own any type of gun I want" or "impose an assault weapons ban and next the liberals will be coming for my .410 single shot shotgun" or "the Second Amendment is there so I can protect myself against the government with any weapon that the government has" are not only incorrect, but also not serious, indeed ludicrous. Without a doubt and importantly, the Second Amendment is an individual right. However, as the US Supreme Court held in striking down the DC ban on handgun ownership and trigger lock requirements, Second Amendment rights are "not unlimited." Just as in Justice Holmes' famous dictum that you are not protected from arrest for yelling "fire in a crowded theater" by your First Amendment rights of free speech, you have no right to own or use any type of gun that you want. The Second Amendment has been historically interpreted, and most recently, to protect the individual's right to keep and bear arms to "those in common use for lawful purposes." Reasonable regulation of the right to keep and bare arms is just as clearly allowed, as is the guarantee of that individual right. That is the question. The Second Amendment is "not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose."

And, sentiments and arguments that your Second Amendment right is unlimited or that because a weapon can be used for hunting (or once was a military weapon and modern hunting rifles are derived therefrom) or carrying out the old slippery slope argument, are ironically and singularly unhelpful to the protection of your Second Amendment rights. Just as the NRA yesterday (in a huge strategic blunder that should have all NRA members, in addition to myself, calling for Wayne LaPierre's resignation), you have ceded any ability to lead and advocate on what really is the true question - reasonable regulation. Instead of calling for armed guards in all schools, shouldn't the NRA lead on defining what are assault weapons, and perhaps as important what are not, what could be an outline of the limits of reasonable regulation, how can background checks and data bases be improved to be the best possible at keeping any gun out of the hands of the mentally ill and felons, if my children need to pass a hunter's education course to get a hunting license, why shouldn't they or someone under a certain age not have to take an education course to obtain an "assault weapon," etc? How about this for some forward thinking out of the NRA (and unfortunately many of you), why not a federal law (a) imposing "shall issue" concealed carry on all states, and (b) the requirement to obtain a concealed carry permit to obtain an assault weapon? Instead, those of you and the NRA leadership are choosing to cede leadership on the issue in favor of the same old obstinacy, not seeing that the whole @^$%(#* equation has changed after Newtown. And by the way, many NRA members are likely fiscal conservatives, how are we going to pay for all of those armed guards and in two-three weeks as called for by Wayne? Oh, and also at a time when we're probably falling off the "fiscal cliff." Get real. Let's see a show of hands of the first volunteers to pay higher taxes for those guards.

How could an improvement in the database used for background checks have prevented the Connecticut school shooting? The kid who commited the murders used his Mother's guns??

What are you going to gain by issuing a concealed carry permit to assault weapons purchasers? You are just talking about another background check basialy equivalent that is already being done through the FBI NICS background check for EVERY gun purchase at the present time.

Edited by Hunter 257W (12/22/12 11:17 PM)

#3091922 - 12/22/12 11:32 PM Re: Gun Ban Coming..thanks Barack Hussein Obama [Re: Hunter 257W]
Hunter 257W
10 Point

Loc: Franklin County

I truly fail to understand people who keep saying that there should be a training class required for people who buy so-called "assault weapons" when they are speaking in the context of a response to a public shooting such as the CT school. Please tell me how it will help to train these nut jobs that commit such crimes to be a better shot!?

If there is some way to get mentally disturbed people in the FBI NICS database, that's the only thing that can prevent a few of these tragedies. Wouldn't have prevented this particular case though as the guy used his Mothers guns.In other words, he did NOT buy the guns.

You simply CANNOT come up with a law that will prevent killing. Unless you can take it seriusly if the government passed a new law that read, "Bad people can't do bad things anymore" Even if all guns were banned, government agents came door to door confiscating everything, killing anyone who opposed them, violent crime will not end. It's so very simple that I fail to understand how some can't see that.

Edited by Hunter 257W (12/22/12 11:33 PM)

#3091978 - 12/23/12 04:36 AM Re: Gun Ban Coming..thanks Barack Hussein Obama [Re: Hunter 257W]
Bottom Hunter
16 Point

Loc: Hatchie Bottoms

don't we get enough of this in the general forum?

amazing.....

Walk away; the battle they are fighting is not with you, but with themselves.

#3092025 - 12/23/12 07:03 AM Re: Gun Ban Coming..thanks Barack Hussein Obama [Re: Bottom Hunter]
pcrc
8 Point

Loc: Knoxville

Originally Posted By: Bottom Hunter
don't we get enough of this in the general forum?

amazing.....

Apparently not. I asked that question on Friday. Would have thought the Moderators would have locked or moved this by now. Guess there is no more room in the general forum for another "Gun Ban" discussion so it spills over to here.

Page 6 of 9 « First<45678>Last »

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
TnDear, buckslayer85, crose84, Fisher 1959, AKeys
13384 Registered Users
Who's Online
126 registered (beachguy, Southpaw, in the dog house!, jlmustain, Zulu, Atchman2, 9 invisible) and 204 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13384 Members
42 Forums
96144 Topics
1125786 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.042 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.