Tndeer Logo

Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#3090650 - 12/21/12 06:36 PM Re: last chance for a deer on my first season [Re: shagy99]
Phil1979
12 Point

Loc: Arlington, TN

Good luck. Keep our head up and stay after it.
#3090755 - 12/21/12 07:58 PM Re: last chance for a deer on my first season [Re: Phil1979]
WestTn Huntin'man
16 Point

Loc: Benton Co.

8 times out you're just getting warmed up.Tomarrow should be a good day to go. 25* and the wind is finally dying down.The pressure on Public land eases up alot this late in the season.
Proverbs 3:27 Whenever you possibly can, do good to those who need it

#3090764 - 12/21/12 08:06 PM Re: last chance for a deer on my first season [Re: shagy99]
Boone 58
16 Point

Loc: Food Plot

Best wishes!!! You never know, i expect great movement with this cold.

#3090882 - 12/21/12 09:25 PM Re: last chance for a deer on my first season [Re: shagy99]
Bone Collector
14 Point

Loc: Murfreesboro, TN

Originally Posted By: shagy99
.....maybe I'll try again someday when I have some land of my own. Been out 8 times this season, never saw a deer. I am thinking this public land is just over hunted and too close to the city. Besides knocking on doors how do I find lease land? I keep to myself mostly so I don't know too many people to ask "word of mouth". Obviously for next year. How much do people usually pay?

Priest is covered with deer, but here is the problem. once the guns start popping, they go nocturnal. I have hunted there several times and killed afew deer, but bow season is when you need to be out there. That being said, don't give up, it iwll be cold and they will have to move.

“There are hunters and there are victims. By your discipline, cunning, obedience and alertness, you will decide if you are a hunter or a victim.”
General James Mattis

#3091924 - 12/22/12 11:38 PM Re: last chance for a deer on my first season [Re: Bone Collector]
shagy99
Spike

Loc: rutherford co.

I went out Friday morning and Saturday morning. Friday was a warm 32 degrees compared to this morning at 25 when i got out there. Tried a different spot at the southern most tip of Percy. I found a great clearing with a tall vantage point and solid cover I watched my scent trail closely and sat rock solid still for over 1.5 hours then my nose itched....still saw nothing:( Family comes tomorrow and baby gets here the 26th if not before. I got a buddy coming up for new years holiday. He is a experienced hunter and was thinking I might spend some time with him out in the woods to pick his brain about sent, cover, locations, ect. Is it ok for him to be out with me if he does not carry a weapon? He is from out of state and would not get a license. I of course will be carrying my shotgun just in case I get lucky. I cant wait to move to the country and build my OWN stand on my OWN property!
#3093841 - 12/24/12 01:07 PM Re: last chance for a deer on my first season [Re: shagy99]
Bone Collector
14 Point

Loc: Murfreesboro, TN

Originally Posted By: shagy99
I went out Friday morning and Saturday morning. Friday was a warm 32 degrees compared to this morning at 25 when i got out there. Tried a different spot at the southern most tip of Percy. I found a great clearing with a tall vantage point and solid cover I watched my scent trail closely and sat rock solid still for over 1.5 hours then my nose itched....still saw nothing:( Family comes tomorrow and baby gets here the 26th if not before. I got a buddy coming up for new years holiday. He is a experienced hunter and was thinking I might spend some time with him out in the woods to pick his brain about sent, cover, locations, ect. Is it ok for him to be out with me if he does not carry a weapon? He is from out of state and would not get a license. I of course will be carrying my shotgun just in case I get lucky. I cant wait to move to the country and build my OWN stand on my OWN property!

I don't think thee is an issue with him sitting with you, but he would need to wear orange i believe. Again, buy a bow, or a X Bow and learn to shot it. you will see deer almost everytime on Priest if you can figure out where to hunt.

I'd try to help you, but i have no idea where you are hunting, as in what area. I don;t know where the southern most tip of Percy is.

“There are hunters and there are victims. By your discipline, cunning, obedience and alertness, you will decide if you are a hunter or a victim.”
General James Mattis

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  RUGER, Tennessee Todd, Unicam, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
UTRok16, ljhhunt3, perchjerkin, camohunter3, mtd
13273 Registered Users
Who's Online
100 registered (preachermantom, Poser, tn droptine, Tennessee Lead, CamoGator, Football Hunter, 9 invisible) and 139 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13273 Members
42 Forums
93089 Topics
1087893 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.108 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.