Tndeer Logo

Page 4 of 9 « First<23456>Last »
Topic Options
#3090429 - 12/21/12 03:16 PM Re: Gun Ban Coming..thanks Barack Hussein Obama [Re: utfan1]
pcrc
8 Point

Loc: Knoxville

Put them in the political or general section where they belong.
#3090461 - 12/21/12 03:47 PM Re: Gun Ban Coming..thanks Barack Hussein Obama [Re: pcrc]
bowriter
Non-Typical

Loc: Lebanon,TN USA

Just think what might happen if we spent the same amount of time and effort writing good, comprehensive letters to our Congressmen.

We accomplish nothing by posting on here...absolutely nothing.

Except maybe to give a written report to the government on who has guns and who is a safety risk.

Hmmm.

Constipation has ruined many a good day. Not as many as stupidity, though.

#3090960 - 12/22/12 12:38 AM Re: Gun Ban Coming..thanks Barack Hussein Obama [Re: cecil30-30]
DoubleTap89
Spike

Loc: Bradley County, TN

I personally own an AR and I personally detest the ignorant fool who "runs" our county. I don't NEED an AR but I enjoy it. It's much lighter to carry back when you have the rest of your gear. What the president (not capitalized on purpose) and the ATF don't understand is taking away firearms does not solve anything. It just pisses people off and when they want to take out their frustration and want to shoot someone they'll just stab them, or bludgeon them, or set their house ablaze, or build a pipe bomb and blow them up. The majority of violent deaths are caused by other weapon choices like ball bats or knives...NOT firearms. People have the right to defend their children and spouses. Violent deaths will skyrocket with the ban on firearms because no one will be able to defend themselves. The idiot in office is an arrogant controlling megolomaniac who needs to be shipped out of the country and sent to somewhere where citizens are unarmed but the criminals still have them. Might be a humbling experience huh?

Pissed off rant is complete. Thanks for reading if you made it this far.

#3090966 - 12/22/12 04:24 AM Re: Gun Ban Coming..thanks Barack Hussein Obama [Re: DoubleTap89]
backwoodsoutfitters
4 Point

Loc: West TN

There is no gun ban coming! Just a bunch yuppies who will try to ban, but the NRA is not going to allow it or any other conservative for this matter.

#3091101 - 12/22/12 07:53 AM Re: Gun Ban Coming..thanks Barack Hussein Obama [Re: Terence]
BMan
16 Point

Loc: Middle TN

Originally Posted By: Terence
Im ok with it being harder to buy weapons. I believe it would be nice that if you are to purchase a weapon,why not make it mandatory you have to pass a training course for safety and such to purchase a rifle. You wanna buy a handgun ok take the carry and conceal course pass it and another course that focuses strictly on shooting pass that get your card and buy your weapon.

So those of us who have handled weapons for decades now need to "pass a course" to show we're safe? Don't hardly think so.

Originally Posted By: Terence
You can easily make these over the counter AR'S full auto with some pin changes and maybe some filing here or there and there you go full auto.

You can also easily take fertilizer and diesel fuel and make a bomb; do we need to restrict those items as well?

Quit blaming inanimate plastic and metal objects for the actions of crazy people. That's not my opinion; that's common sense.

#3091104 - 12/22/12 08:07 AM Re: Gun Ban Coming..thanks Barack Hussein Obama [Re: BMan]
KPH
10 Point

Loc: Hendersonville Tenn

Why is this even in the serious deer hunting section???

#3091110 - 12/22/12 08:22 AM Re: Gun Ban Coming..thanks Barack Hussein Obama [Re: Urban_Hunter]
BSK
Jerkasourous of the non-typical kind
Non-Typical

Loc: Nashville, TN

Originally Posted By: Urban_Hunter
I think they should ban all guns including muzzleloaders so that BSK has to bow hunt. Or maybe just ban guns to all people with screen names of BSK. Would that be profiling? (evil laugh) \:D

Noooooo!!!! \:D

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

#3091113 - 12/22/12 08:30 AM Re: Gun Ban Coming..thanks Barack Hussein Obama [Re: BSK]
BSK
Non-Typical

I fully understand those who both do and don't own guns supporting a ban on AR-type high-capacity semi-auto rifles. It sounds good. It feels good to do "something." However, everything comes back to "will it actually help?" Due to the last AR ban, we already have 10 years of empirical data on what an AR ban will accomplish. The answer is nothing.

I don't own an AR. I have no interest in owning an AR. I'm NOT a big fan of the NRA (I support their basic goals but I don't support how they go about acheiving those goals). That said, "need" has nothing to do with Rights. How many people truly "need" protection from the government for their speech? How many of us would be in jail for the things we've said without Freedom of Speech? I bet very, very few. We don't really "need" Freedom of Speech. Yet how many of us want to give that Right up?

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

#3091120 - 12/22/12 08:40 AM Re: Gun Ban Coming..thanks Barack Hussein Obama [Re: BSK]
UTGrad
16 Point

Loc: Franklin, TN

content Online
Freedom of Speech is a God given right but it's grossly abused.

Actually if I were to start another country I would not have carte Blanche freedom of speech. There are too many sick people that make sick music , games, movies, etc...I would ban that chit

#3091128 - 12/22/12 08:55 AM Re: Gun Ban Coming..thanks Barack Hussein Obama [Re: UTGrad]
BSK
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: UTGrad
Freedom of Speech is a God given right but it's grossly abused.

Actually if I were to start another country I would not have carte Blanche freedom of speech. There are too many sick people that make sick music , games, movies, etc...I would ban that chit

Just remember that "Freedom of Speech" was only designed to protect individuals from repercussions from the government; i.e. protect people from the government taking action against them for things they said about the government. How that Right has been interpretted over time is something completely different.

Page 4 of 9 « First<23456>Last »

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
bmobrady3, bmo3, chrislee, Patriot123, DT33
13565 Registered Users
Who's Online
150 registered (MHG, Tnmedic8, stratos195, Prowler, JeepKuntry, wayers, 9 invisible) and 257 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13565 Members
43 Forums
99599 Topics
1171756 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.248 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.