Tndeer Logo

Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#3090277 - 12/21/12 12:59 PM Plan B? Victory or defeat?
citico_tim
10 Point

Loc: Knoxville, TN, USA

I think it is both, a self inflicted defeat for the Republican Party and a victory in resolve for the Tea Party.

I ran across this comment at the link below and I think it pretty well sums up the situation.

"This is all playing out exactly according to the Left’s script.

Boehner sold conservatives out on the spending cuts following his ascension to the majority in 2010. Same thing with the “debt ceiling” deal in 2011. I think he’s probably a good man, but he’s an ineffective leader, and a poor voice for conservatism.

I wonder how many of those holdouts were among the people he axed in this recent committee purge. I think Boehner, and A LOT of elected republicans are misreading the tea leaves. They misunderstand the depth of antipathy that conservatives and libertarians have for the GOP these days. This is not the loyal soldier era of previous decades. You stick Conservatives, Social Cons, Tea Partiers, Libertarians in the eye… this time they’re gonna tell you and your party to get bent. Let it burn includes the Republican party as it’s currently constituted.

LOL…”Boehner’s playing chess.” Obama’s playing for blood, stupid.

SAMinVA on December 21, 2012 at 9:09 AM "

Inside the Plan B meltdown

-Thomas Jefferson

#3090318 - 12/21/12 01:26 PM Re: Plan B? Victory or defeat? [Re: citico_tim]
TOW
10 Point

Loc: Back 40

Let it burn.....

#3090356 - 12/21/12 02:13 PM Re: Plan B? Victory or defeat? [Re: TOW]
Encore Eye Candy
10 Point

Loc: 2 Chron. 7:14: Refs signature

This is all playing the hand on both sides. Without doing anything means automatic tax increases that was in placed and is no ones fault, sorry it will be Bush's fault.

#3090629 - 12/21/12 06:19 PM Re: Plan B? Victory or defeat? [Re: Encore Eye Candy]
Wes Parrish
16 Point

Loc: Knoxville-Dover-Union City, TN

Originally Posted By: Encore Eye Candy
Without doing anything means automatic tax increases that was in placed and is no ones fault, sorry it will be Bush's fault.

Don't know if you're serious or kidding regarding automatic tax increases being Bush's fault, but for the record, Bush meant for the tax rate reductions to be permanent.

What happened at the time was this:

The republicans had to have the democrats on board to get enough votes to pass a lowering of taxes. The only way the democrats would agree was if the reduction was "temporary" rather than permanent. Bush and the congressional republicans tried to get permanent. But they had to "compromise" with the democrats in getting either a temporary decrease or no decrease at all.

So before you blame Bush for this, please understand the real blame for "temporary" should go to the congressional democrats.

Originally Posted By: citico_tim
I think it is both, a self inflicted defeat for the Republican Party and a victory in resolve for the Tea Party.

I'm going to disagree just a "bit".
I think it was a victory for both the Republican Party and the Tea Party, although a larger one for the latter. Now, it may have been a defeat for Boehner and other career politicians (republican & democrat) who created all the debt problems in the first place.

But at the end of the day, distinguishing themselves from the democrat party, the Republican Party said "NO" to tax increases, NO TAX INCREASES on any Americans. They went above Obama's class warfare rhetoric and made a decision based more on effectiveness than politics. Simple math has proven that even huge tax increases on the "rich" would do essentially nothing but make a scratch on our debt. Our real problem is Big Government SPENDING, not a lack of tax revenue.

#3090694 - 12/21/12 07:11 PM Re: Plan B? Victory or defeat? [Re: Wes Parrish]
Vermin93
10 Point

Loc: Dallas, TX & Signal Mtn, TN

The Democrats are obviously not at all concerned about continued deficit spending or the need for debt reduction. It's hard for me to take the Republicans seriously on it when they refuse to consider budget cuts in the Department of Defense, which is just another big, bloated government organization. The hypocrisy on both sides is pathetic. The economic future of this country looks pretty bleak right now.

#3090832 - 12/21/12 08:46 PM Re: Plan B? Victory or defeat? [Re: Wes Parrish]
Encore Eye Candy
10 Point

Loc: 2 Chron. 7:14: Refs signature

Originally Posted By: Wes Parrish
[quote=Encore Eye Candy] Without doing anything means automatic tax increases that was in placed and is no ones fault, sorry it will be Bush's fault.

Don't know if you're serious or kidding regarding automatic tax increases being Bush's fault, but for the record, Bush meant for the tax rate reductions to be permanent.

What happened at the time was this:

The republicans had to have the democrats on board to get enough votes to pass a lowering of taxes. The only way the democrats would agree was if the reduction was "temporary" rather than permanent. Bush and the congressional republicans tried to get permanent. But they had to "compromise" with the democrats in getting either a temporary decrease or no decrease at all.

So before you blame Bush for this, please understand the real blame for "temporary" should go to the congressional democrats.

Now that is some funny crap there if you think I'd blame Bush. But Dems will figure a way for that to be done. LMBO and get know me better than that.

#3091124 - 12/22/12 08:52 AM Re: Plan B? Victory or defeat? [Re: Encore Eye Candy]
preds1
12 Point

Loc: Sumner County

Just my opinion here. Since the electorate was so willing to put Barry back in office, the pubs will be blamed for any tax increase, debt talks, crisis etc. It doesn't really matter if plan B passed or not, the pub House will be blames regardless.

Dems blindly take the House back in 2 years and Barry has a super-majority once again for his remaining 2 years. Then it's game over.....
I suppose the American Idol crowd could wake up before then, but the odds are stacked against it.

See ya boys, I'm in the woods for the next few days.

#3091387 - 12/22/12 02:29 PM Re: Plan B? Victory or defeat? [Re: preds1]
FLTENNHUNTER1
16 Point

Loc: Tampa FL

Obomber is Hawaii while we are spending 800 million dollars a day just on the interest of our debt.

Let it burn.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45, Kirk 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
bassassassin7, BBQ, Kornhunter, Afleming17, 260rem
13281 Registered Users
Who's Online
47 registered (devo1980, Hunter 257W, rabbit hunter, Jcalder, striker12, MUP, 2 invisible) and 117 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13281 Members
42 Forums
85219 Topics
1029905 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.266 seconds in which 0 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.