Tndeer Logo

Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#3088634 - 12/20/12 01:54 PM Explain something to me.
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

Why would Congress and the President bring back the "old" AWB. Why do people think it will be the same old AWB with just a Folding or telescoping stock, Pistol grip, Bayonet mount and Flash suppressor on it. It was nothing but cosmetic.

The whole ten years it was in force all the anti-gun groups always complained that it wasn't enough and we could still get around those things. The Brady Campaign has always pushed for a much harder ban and this is what is going around in Washington right now. Why are they in such a rush to push THEIR bills though???

So explain to me why they would go back to the old cosmetic AWB when so many are calling for a much harder one. I do NOT beleive it will be the same old one and later things will go back to "normal". I was old enough to see how much things changed after the 1968 gun control law, most of you weren't ever born then so you have no idea.

One other thing. All the polls and court rulings over the last 10 years all were done BEFORE Fridays shooting of those 20 six and seven year olds. Do any of you really think those polls would be thesame today? We only won by one single vote in the Supreme Court. If any of them die or retire Obama relaces them.Only a fool would think the vote would still be the same.

Now some people try to say I paniced. Not so. Everytime in my life that I've kept quite and laid back and did nothing, wrong things came of it and I lost. I care about MY RIGHTS but it so happens that my right happen to be YOUR RIGHTS. So in truth I'm fighting for OUR RIGHTS. I'm sorry about what happened Friday but I'm not about to lay down and let others take away my rights when I've followed the law and didn't do anything wrong. If others want more gun control that's fine but be man enough to come out and say so. If still others are doing nothing but trying to protect Obama then cut the BS and come out and say so. I don't know about any of you but I will NEVER set back when it comes to protecting the Second Amendment.

#3088644 - 12/20/12 02:01 PM Re: Explain something to me. [Re: Wildcat]
TAFKAP
14 Point

Loc: Memphis

There's no explaining idiocy.

#3088647 - 12/20/12 02:03 PM Re: Explain something to me. [Re: Wildcat]
FLTENNHUNTER1
16 Point

Loc: Tampa FL

Elections have consequences.

#3088658 - 12/20/12 02:17 PM Re: Explain something to me. [Re: FLTENNHUNTER1]
TNGunsmoke
8 Point

Loc: Jackson,TN

Originally Posted By: FLTENNHUNTER1
Elections have consequences.

Unfortunately, this looks to be one of our consequence for loosing the election....

#3088663 - 12/20/12 02:18 PM Re: Explain something to me. [Re: FLTENNHUNTER1]
Deer Assassin
Non-Typical

Loc: Kingston Springs

cant fix stupid charlie

Spending money I dont have

on things I dont need

to impress people I dont know

#3088926 - 12/20/12 05:11 PM Re: Explain something to me. [Re: Deer Assassin]
Big J
16 Point

Loc: Joelton

If that's all they do then I won't say a word! That bill was useless. Columbine happened in 99 and that bill did not stop it! Thankfully they are idiots and if that is all we have to deal with then I will consider us lucky! They appeased the masses and we did not really lose anything!

#3089497 - 12/20/12 11:10 PM Re: Explain something to me. [Re: Big J]
Hoss
TnDeer Old Timer
8 Point

Loc: Hendersonville , TN

Here is what I don't understand. If a ban is put in place, what would be the focus? Would it be the manufacture and importation? If so, how would this affect the 300-400 million guns in America already (their numbers). Would those guns in circulation not just become currency for the criminaly inclined and mentally unstable??? So do you go out and get them? Do you send Federal agents into the homes of every American to search and retrieve the guns to get them out of circulation? Are we ready for that bloodbath?? Does anyone remember Ruby Ridge???? Two civilians were shot dead both were children 13 years and a 16 year old holding a 3 year old baby, and a Federal Marshall were all shot dead over allegations of illegal guns. The only gun found to be illegal (if I remember the story correctly) was a shotgun with the barrel cut off 2" too short. So, the questions remains how many more babies and children, adults and law enforcement officials will die in that situation on a wide scale implementation?

If you could just wave a magic wand and remove all the guns wouldn't the criminals and mentally unstable just resort to another method?? They argue that not nearly as many would be killed by a bat or knife. So, how many are acceptable then. If 26 by a gun is unacceptable (and I believe it is) then would 8 with a knife be okay? would 12 with a baseball bat be more palatable?? I would like to see a zero sum total! That will take an effort to remove the criminal element and to treat the mentally unstable. So why spend all this money, and capital on something that we all agree only makes the situation less horrific (if it works the way they say, I believe it makes us more vunerable). I am using THEIR best case scenario to argue against them.

Please America, Let us focus on making changes that will actually work and save lives and not just make some pompous arrogant politician feel smug. Let's fix this.

A mere shadow of the man I once was... Me!

#3089564 - 12/21/12 05:33 AM Re: Explain something to me. [Re: Hoss]
Dale3
8 Point

Loc: Live in Mt.Juliet ,Hunt Jackso...

content Online
I'm wondering if the AR-15 was even used in this shooting. Its was first reported 2 guns, then 3 guns, and also reports said the AR was in his car and not used.
I thought once when they played some police radio talk from first responders, i thought one of them said something about a shotgun in school. Also talk was how some of the childern were shot so many times. So many times with a AR or could it been buck shot from a shotgun?
I havent watched a ton about it, but thats just some of what i did hear and I know much has changed in story, but it kinda makes me wonder if the AR was not used and he gonna rush to ban it, before with the help of the MSM hiding the fact, we find out the truth.
I Would like to hear that police radio talk again.

Edited by Dale3 (12/21/12 05:51 AM)

#3091559 - 12/22/12 06:09 PM Re: Explain something to me. [Re: Dale3]
TheMMAn
Spike

Loc: Gallatin

The problem may lie in the premise that these politicians do ANYTHING for any reason other than furtherance of their personal political career(as well as their political party).

When they are meeting behind closed doors with their supporters and aids, they are not worried about the how effective the legislation will be. It is all about making those that support them financially happy, as well as those that they hope will vote for them so that they can keep their power.

As for falling back on the old AWB, i have to assume that it is the optimum alternative available too them. They are probably hesitant to get too aggressive with policy, considering the way the tide has turned in the last few year (Heller,etc.. But with the new emotion-backed tidal wave from Sandy Hook to ride, they probably figure that the old AWB is a happy median, in terms of chance of successfully getting it pushed through.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45, Kirk 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
bassassassin7, BBQ, Kornhunter, Afleming17, 260rem
13281 Registered Users
Who's Online
36 registered (bjohnson, SES, peleejosh, KubotaM4900, Marion deer hunter, Vermin93, 4 invisible) and 91 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13281 Members
42 Forums
85216 Topics
1029847 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.206 seconds in which 0 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.