Tndeer Logo

Page 6 of 7 « First<34567>
Topic Options
#3085505 - 12/18/12 03:53 PM Re: Tailwaters on Cumberland river system now closed [Re: waterman]
SES
8 Point

Loc: Corryton, Tn

I wouldn't purposely do that to make someone mad. If it's deep enough to drift by them or idle by, I do. I've never had to "buzz" anyone on the river. The only place that would be an issue for me is on the little pigeon. I do not go up it on the weekends though, ever.
#3085572 - 12/18/12 04:36 PM Re: Tailwaters on Cumberland river system now closed [Re: SES]
catman529
spiderboy
16 Point

Loc: Franklin TN

Originally Posted By: SES
I wouldn't purposely do that to make someone mad. If it's deep enough to drift by them or idle by, I do. I've never had to "buzz" anyone on the river. The only place that would be an issue for me is on the little pigeon. I do not go up it on the weekends though, ever.
good to hear, sorry I get a bit touchy after one time last fall I stopped by the duck river to do a little bank fishing and had a bass boat chug by me on half plane and mudded up the water everywhere along the bank. The duck is plenty big for boats but also plenty small and best suited for a jet boat which is why I want to eventually get a jet. Late this summer right before archery season I took my 14 ft jon with the 5 horse briggs upstream about 15 miles and had to get out of the boat maybe a dozen times to drag my boat through the shoals because the river was low. So I understand the need for a good fast boat but I got a bit annoyed that one day because it was a saturday and lots of boat traffic stirred up the whole river.

#3086002 - 12/18/12 08:39 PM Re: Tailwaters on Cumberland river system now closed [Re: catman529]
fishhead
Button

Loc: TN

Guys, you can make a difference if you could stay focused for more than a few posts. Half way through this thing we are already off topic selling jet boats and complaining about fishing trips ruined. Big news the CORPS is about to ruin everyones fishing trips. The protest below dams is great, but it needs to be coordinated and before the regs take effect. Contact all media and get as many boats as possible below all affected dams. Make signs calling out, not only politicians but boat and fishing equpiment manufacturers. Tell them if they don't support you, then you won't buy their products. Contact all your state and U.S. representatives and express your concerns and where your vote will go. Protest on March 1, 2013 and vow not to buy a fishing license. There are alot of fishermen in this and surrounding states and if we just come together and stay focused we can't be stopped from fishing anywhere.
#3086049 - 12/18/12 09:05 PM Re: Tailwaters on Cumberland river system now closed [Re: fishhead]
waterman
4 Point

Loc: roane county

my bad, you are absolutely right.
#3086183 - 12/18/12 11:05 PM Re: Tailwaters on Cumberland river system now closed [Re: fishhead]
catman529
spiderboy
16 Point

Loc: Franklin TN

Originally Posted By: fishhead
Guys, you can make a difference if you could stay focused for more than a few posts. Half way through this thing we are already off topic selling jet boats and complaining about fishing trips ruined. Big news the CORPS is about to ruin everyones fishing trips. The protest below dams is great, but it needs to be coordinated and before the regs take effect. Contact all media and get as many boats as possible below all affected dams. Make signs calling out, not only politicians but boat and fishing equpiment manufacturers. Tell them if they don't support you, then you won't buy their products. Contact all your state and U.S. representatives and express your concerns and where your vote will go. Protest on March 1, 2013 and vow not to buy a fishing license. There are alot of fishermen in this and surrounding states and if we just come together and stay focused we can't be stopped from fishing anywhere.
I like it. Except I buy my sportsmans license every year however that's minor. I would gladly participate in such protests.

Edited by catman529 (12/18/12 11:05 PM)

#3086332 - 12/19/12 06:17 AM Re: Tailwaters on Cumberland river system now closed [Re: fishhead]
Football Hunter
Non-Typical

Loc: Wilson Co/Perry Co

Originally Posted By: fishhead
Gotta have a fishing liscense,will help in some other way

You wont know,if you dont go!

#3086337 - 12/19/12 06:21 AM Re: Tailwaters on Cumberland river system now closed [Re: Football Hunter]
Football Hunter
Non-Typical

I dont river fish much,but dont understand all the fussing about boats in a river,going any speed.Boat goes by,river returns to normal in short order,AND,fish are used to boats on most rivers.They dont swim up on the bank and walk away.

Not for people acting like jerks,but boating is part of river fishing,isnt it?

#3087827 - 12/19/12 10:35 PM Re: Tailwaters on Cumberland river system now closed [Re: Football Hunter]
AllOutdoors
10 Point

Loc: Tennessee

Originally Posted By: Football Hunter
I dont river fish much,but dont understand all the fussing about boats in a river,going any speed.Boat goes by,river returns to normal in short order,AND,fish are used to boats on most rivers.They dont swim up on the bank and walk away.

Yes.. You are exactly right.

#3088079 - 12/20/12 07:29 AM Re: Tailwaters on Cumberland river system now closed [Re: AllOutdoors]
Football Hunter
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: AllOutdoors
 Originally Posted By: Football Hunter

Yes.. You are exactly right.
Thought so,looking forward to hitting the river with you some time.

Edited by Football Hunter (12/20/12 07:29 AM)

#3088162 - 12/20/12 08:41 AM Re: Tailwaters on Cumberland river system now closed [Re: Football Hunter]
gil1
12 Point

Loc: Nashville, TN

Center Hill/Caney Fork Boundary...
This bites.

Map

Dr. Saxton Pope

Page 6 of 7 « First<34567>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, Cuttin Caller, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck, gtk 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
yarddawg54, schiesser, bigdoc, Bggamehunter, willy2763
13605 Registered Users
Who's Online
5 registered (MachDR, robinhedd, thehoytman, pse2, 1 invisible) and 81 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13605 Members
43 Forums
100233 Topics
1180122 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.009 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.