Tndeer Logo

Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Topic Options
#3087239 - 12/19/12 04:34 PM Re: Boycot Dick's sporting goods [Re: Spikes Tactical]
sgtwebb1
14 Point

Loc: Ooltewah/Harrison TN, USA

mad Online
 Originally Posted By: JayP
 Originally Posted By: tanker179
buy from them all the time but no more..

same here

Same here.

Drove right by them today on the way to Sportsman's Warehouse, then Academy.

Won't go back.

By far the highest priced of the 3 in these parts anyway.

Visit my Blog:
Sons of LiberTea Blog

#3087264 - 12/19/12 04:57 PM Re: Boycot Dick's sporting goods [Re: Dale3]
woodym541
Button

Loc: knoxville TN

i was just on academys website and all their semi autos are gone.are they doing this too?
#3087284 - 12/19/12 05:09 PM Re: Boycot Dick's sporting goods [Re: woodym541]
ktmsmitty
Spike

Loc: Mid-TN

Originally Posted By: woodym541
i was just on academys website and all their semi autos are gone.are they doing this too?

I noticed that as well. I wonder if it is because they are sold out... I was in an Academy yesterday and as I mentioned earlier there were 3 that went out the door while I was BS'ing to one of the guys. Maybe 30 minutes. They only had 4 left to sell in the entire store. People walking up and just buying them.
So now, which I am not against, instead of having these guns in the hands of people that know them, want them. There will be thousands in the hands of folks who never thought of owning a gun before. For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction........

#3087289 - 12/19/12 05:12 PM Re: Boycot Dick's sporting goods [Re: woodym541]
Dale3
8 Point

Loc: Live in Mt.Juliet ,Hunt Jackso...

content Online

Dont see anything about it on the interenet,YET. Only Dicks

#3087303 - 12/19/12 05:21 PM Re: Boycot Dick's sporting goods [Re: Dale3]
DaveB
10 Point

Loc: Shelby County

Yep, most retailers are on fairly thin margins. If you hear of some kind of "support Dick's" movement, like the Chick-fil-A thing, that would be different. But there won't be. Adios Dick's, you crossed the line. Remember, there are always consequences for your actions. I'm a member of a nationwide forum and I am sure I will see the same thinking there.
#3087305 - 12/19/12 05:22 PM Re: Boycot Dick's sporting goods [Re: ktmsmitty]
Dale3
8 Point

Loc: Live in Mt.Juliet ,Hunt Jackso...

content Online
 Originally Posted By: ktmsmitty

I noticed that as well. I wonder if it is because they are sold out... I was in an Academy yesterday and as I mentioned earlier there were 3 that went out the door while I was BS'ing to one of the guys. Maybe 30 minutes. They only had 4 left to sell in the entire store. People walking up and just buying them.
So now, which I am not against, instead of having these guns in the hands of people that know them, want them. There will be thousands in the hands of folks who never thought of owning a gun before. For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction........

Im sure many are being bought up, waiting for the ban, then sell and x2,x3,x4 thier money.

#3087682 - 12/19/12 09:00 PM Re: Boycot Dick's sporting goods [Re: Wes Parrish]
whatnoise
6 Point

Loc: Bartlett, TN

Originally Posted By: Wes Parrish
 Originally Posted By: JayP
 Originally Posted By: tanker179
buy from them all the time but no more..

same here

Same here.

Also, if you've made a recent purchase, if at all possible,
return your items for a full refund.

I called and canceled an order with them earlier today. I made sure to tell them why the order was canceled too.

#3087690 - 12/19/12 09:05 PM Re: Boycot Dick's sporting goods [Re: DaveB]
Bambi Buster
14 Point

Loc: Middle Tennessee

Originally Posted By: DaveB
Yep, most retailers are on fairly thin margins. If you hear of some kind of "support Dick's" movement, like the Chick-fil-A thing, that would be different. But there won't be. Adios Dick's, you crossed the line. Remember, there are always consequences for your actions. I'm a member of a nationwide forum and I am sure I will see the same thinking there.

I doubt Dick's will even notice.

#3087878 - 12/19/12 11:43 PM Re: Boycot Dick's sporting goods [Re: Bambi Buster]
Locksley
16 Point

Loc: Antioch TN

Originally Posted By: Bambi Buster

Well Kmart noticed a few years ago when they were boycotted .

#3088320 - 12/20/12 09:51 AM Re: Boycot Dick's sporting goods [Re: Bambi Buster]
FLTENNHUNTER1
16 Point

Loc: Tampa FL

content Online
 Originally Posted By: Bambi Buster

The heck they won't. This will cost them thousands of dollars.

Page 3 of 4 <1234>

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
TboneD, sbhockey, ZachA, DocT, Raegan
13202 Registered Users
Who's Online
160 registered (FIREMANJIM, Bucket, Good time Charlie, rem270, gatodoc, Wompuscat, 17 invisible) and 192 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13202 Members
42 Forums
91370 Topics
1068193 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.043 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.