Tndeer Logo

Page 1 of 3 123>
Topic Options
#3083788 - 12/17/12 04:47 PM Predictions on legeslation regarding firearms?
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

I saw this on another hunting/gun forum and posted it on here.

All the talking heads are having a field day. The President has announced he will take action.

This is what I think will happen:

The President will add all semi-automatic firearms, with a capacity of more than ten rounds, and/or detachable magazines, to the NFA destructive device list.

Transfers of these firearms would be subject to the same rules/laws.

I think he will include handguns, as he has stated that he believes these handguns are responsible for the majority of the inner city violence.

I think he will make this retroactive, meaning you will have to register each one of your firearms that fall under the above description. You will have to pay the $5 tax on each firearm as well.

Since it is not a ban, there will be no question as to it's Constitutionality.

This is what Clinton did with the Street Sweeper shotguns in '91, IIRC.

I'm not sure if he would exclude rimfire firearms.

I know they will not do anything to just AR's, they tried that before and it didn't work.

Something else to remember.

The Second Amendment does NOT cover ammo, hunting and handloading. All of these are open to what ever they can do to them and not have to go though Congress.

Say they can slip a "hazmat fee" on all ammo. If they wanted to they could easy put a hazmat fee of $20 per box of 50 rounds of 22 lr ammo, $50 per box of 30-06 hunting ammo, $10 per box of primers, $50 per box of power. It wooudn't take long for most people to just quit buying any kind of ammo or reloading supplies. They do not need Congress for that.

This would avoid Congress, and let democratic leaders off of the hook. He won't be seeking re-election, so it won't affect his future career.

He could do this tomorrow, with no debate.

http://wyofile.com/2011/06/ban-lead-hunting-ammo-we-are-not-survivalists-any-more/

Edited by Crappie Luck (12/17/12 06:14 PM)
Edit Reason: added link

#3083958 - 12/17/12 05:54 PM Re: Predictions on legeslation regarding firearms? [Re: Wildcat]
BMan
16 Point

Loc: Middle TN

Do you have a source that says the President or anyone else can classify items at will as destructive devices? I can't find one.

If not, the NFA/GCA would have to be amended, which puts it in Congress' hands.

#3083971 - 12/17/12 05:59 PM Re: Predictions on legeslation regarding firearms? [Re: Wildcat]
ratsnakeboogy
10 Point

Loc: Andersonville, TN

I think what you mentioned above to be likely.

I also think he will put an end to ALL private sales of ANY firearm, make illegal to mail a firearm to anyone but a dealer or manufacturer, limit and keep track of ALL ammunition purchases, and limit the number of rounds one person can possess at any one time.

I also think mail order ammo and reloading components will be stopped and what we do buy will be tracked via ID.

And I'm sorry to say that's just the beginning.

In 20 years there will be no armed populace except the elite and the criminals.

I weep for my children's future, and weep for my country.

#3084030 - 12/17/12 06:18 PM Re: Predictions on legeslation regarding firearms? [Re: ratsnakeboogy]
preds1
12 Point

Loc: Sumner County

Barry won't let this crisis go to waste. Book it.
#3084035 - 12/17/12 06:22 PM Re: Predictions on legeslation regarding firearms? [Re: BMan]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

Originally Posted By: BMan
Do you have a source that says the President or anyone else can classify items at will as destructive devices? I can't find one.

Reloaders have to pay a hazmat fee when ordering power.

The same power in in factory ammo. Tell them in Washington that there is a different. There is nothing to keep them from rasing fees. Remember this is NOT a tax.

#3084050 - 12/17/12 06:28 PM Re: Predictions on legeslation regarding firearms? [Re: Wildcat]
BMan
16 Point

Loc: Middle TN

Originally Posted By: Wildcat

Reloaders have to pay a hazmat fee when ordering power.

The same power in in factory ammo. Tell them in Washington that there is a different. There is nothing to keep them from rasing fees. Remember this is NOT a tax.

Do you have a source that says the President or anyone else can classify items at will as destructive devices?

I didn't ask about a hazmat fee, or a tax, or fes, or what reloaders have to do. I specifically asked if you have a source for your assertion.

#3084074 - 12/17/12 06:44 PM Re: Predictions on legeslation regarding firearms? [Re: BMan]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Loc: Smith Co.

I predict they will try

I predict they will fail and pay a huge price in 2014

#3084075 - 12/17/12 06:44 PM Re: Predictions on legeslation regarding firearms? [Re: BMan]
ratsnakeboogy
10 Point

BMan, don't take this the wrong way but nobody has been particularly successful at telling Barry what he can and cannot do.

I really don't think he gives a damm what we think he has or does not have the right to do.

#3084099 - 12/17/12 06:55 PM Re: Predictions on legeslation regarding firearms? [Re: Crappie Luck]
ratsnakeboogy
10 Point

Originally Posted By: Crappie Luck
I predict they will try

I predict they will fail and pay a huge price in 2014

I hope what you predict is spot on.

Having said that, I thought the same of Obamacare passing, Obamacare making it through the SCOTUS, and Obama winning a second term.

I'm zero for 3.

#3084102 - 12/17/12 06:55 PM Re: Predictions on legeslation regarding firearms? [Re: ratsnakeboogy]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Loc: Smith Co.

Come to think of it,

so am I \:\(

Page 1 of 3 123>

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45, Kirk 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Moore Land, jackal, baydog, blueticks, always_running92
13301 Registered Users
Who's Online
25 registered (Master Chief, bbuck14, FlintvilleMonster, Marion deer hunter, TeamTndeer, leader, 4 invisible) and 84 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13301 Members
42 Forums
85727 Topics
1035986 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.209 seconds in which 0 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.