Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#3085612 - 12/18/12 05:03 PM Re: Makes me sick [Re: OHVATN]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

Originally Posted By: sds1961
 Originally Posted By: JimFromTN
Everybody seems to want to blame Obama, the liberals, and the media for the sudden talk about new gun control legislation. I hate to tell you this but it was some psychopath that went into a school and shot a bunch of 6 year old kids. He slaughtered our babies on our soil. This isn't some man in china killing school kids. Of course, I don't see them trying to pass a knife ban.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/man-attacks-22-kids-knife-china-school-article-1.1220230

The polls jumped to 54% in favor of more gun control legislation. Let me make this perfectly clear. I am totally against any gun control legislation. I'm just a realist. I have always said that you are a fool if you go out and buy a gun simply because someone got elected. These are the types of things that should make you go out and buy that gun. I don't care who the president is. Romney voted for an assualt weapons ban when he was govenor so don't kid yourself that had he been elected, you wouldn't have to worry. In reality, any new legislation would be knee jerk feel good legislation which would have absolutely no affect on crime what so ever. It is ridicuous that the crimes of so few people can take away the freedoms of everyone in this country. If you ask the people who changed their mind in favor of gun control, they would agree with me. I have talked with several people who are good ole country boys who were opposed to gun control who now say that there is no need for these kinds of weapons in the hands of the public. When I mention the fact that they would have no affect on crime, they ageed but did not change their position. This crime was so horrible that even the NRA and the republicans are silent which is probably very smart right now. Hopefully things will cool down and the gun control legislation will lose momentum.

I agree. I don't support it, but I think at a minimum the high capacity magazines are going to be banned. That's just reality. But, there's no way there will be confiscation. Mike Bloomburg might dream of about that, but I think even he knows that's not happening.

Finally, ask a gun control advocate or someone who now supports gun control what years the last assault weapons ban was in place and the year Columbine occurred. They won't know. Tell them 1994-2004 and 1999 and see if they can put two and two together.

Everybody knows when the last AWB took place and who signed it.

This time it will NOT be the "old AWB" the new one will be much harder and more far reaching.

And NO they are not coming to get our guns, that's not going to happen.

Ask yourself this. If fctory ammo and reloading cost 3 to 5 times what it cost today how much hunting and shooting would you be doing??? Just like that, they can cut your shooting down to next to nothing without getting your guns. Ammo and reloading are NOT covered by the Second Amendment.

Besides in Washington they are talking about semi-autos not AR's. that way they can cover more.

#3085778 - 12/18/12 06:47 PM Re: Makes me sick [Re: Wildcat]
HerdThinner 2012
Spike

Loc: Lexington, TN

New Zealand, Greenland, where else? Should I even have to think this way?
#3085901 - 12/18/12 07:54 PM Re: Makes me sick [Re: Wildcat]
JimFromTN
8 Point

Loc: Nashville, TN

Originally Posted By: WildcatBlame
Obama??? Can you find one post where anybody said it was Obama's fault???

Look who's a "realist".

You blame Obama and the liberal media for the fact that Gun Control legislation is being discussed by everyone and is quite likely to pass. Its a hot topic of discussion on this forum. Hate to tell you this but there are republicans who are willing to put gun control on the table now. More will cave. Even the NRA seems to be caving. Like I mentioned earlier, Romney signed an assualt weapons ban in 2004 as govenor. Any president is the perfect president for gun control advocates in this situation because all politicians will bend. You can't trust any of them. George H Bush signed gun control legislation and so did Reagan as both president and govenor. Richard Nixon was openly for gun control. George W Bush was going to sign the assualt weapons ban before he was convinced otherwise. Every republican president that we have had in the last 45 years has either signed gun control legislation or showed favor towards gun control legislation.

As for the people who are going out and buying guns now, I think thats a smart idea. I don't think they are being unrealistic at all. If I could afford to buy a case of of AR's, I would. The prices are going to sky rocket if a ban gets passed. It could be a very good investment. I was out at Franklin Gun Shop earlier contemplating getting an AR. The only problem is that I have a preban folding stock AK along with with plenty of ammo (from the last time this happenned back in the 90's) and I have not shot it in over 10 years. Its a safe queen and the AR probably would not be much different. I would much rather spend the money on a remington 700 sendero in 300 rum or maybe even a 338 rum. Kind of got the hankering for a really long range shooter for big game. 300 rum seems to be a popular choice but I already have a 300 win mag and I am wanting something allot bigger and faster. Have you seen the ballistics on the 375 rum? OMG!!!

#3086165 - 12/18/12 10:41 PM Re: Makes me sick [Re: JimFromTN]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

Look who's a "realist".

You blame Obama and the liberal media for the fact that Gun Control legislation is being discussed by everyone and is quite likely to pass. Its a hot topic of discussion on this forum. Hate to tell you this but there are republicans who are willing to put gun control on the table now. More will cave. Even the NRA seems to be caving. Like I mentioned earlier, Romney signed an assualt weapons ban in 2004 as govenor. Any president is the perfect president for gun control advocates in this situation because all politicians will bend. You can't trust any of them. George H Bush signed gun control legislation and so did Reagan as both president and govenor. Richard Nixon was openly for gun control. George W Bush was going to sign the assualt weapons ban before he was convinced otherwise. Every republican president that we have had in the last 45 years has either signed gun control legislation or showed favor towards gun control legislation.

As for the people who are going out and buying guns now, I think thats a smart idea. I don't think they are being unrealistic at all. If I could afford to buy a case of of AR's, I would. The prices are going to sky rocket if a ban gets passed. It could be a very good investment. I was out at Franklin Gun Shop earlier contemplating getting an AR. The only problem is that I have a preban folding stock AK along with with plenty of ammo (from the last time this happenned back in the 90's) and I have not shot it in over 10 years. Its a safe queen and the AR probably would not be much different. I would much rather spend the money on a remington 700 sendero in 300 rum or maybe even a 338 rum. Kind of got the hankering for a really long range shooter for big game. 300 rum seems to be a popular choice but I already have a 300 win mag and I am wanting something allot bigger and faster. Have you seen the ballistics on the 375 rum? OMG!!!

LOL!!!

Looks like you have NOT read any of my posts the last 3 days.

I posted SEVERAL TIMES that Republicans were joining in. I was the first one to post that the NRA was staying quite and that they would cave.

We ALL KNEW who and what Obama was, we postesd about his RECORD 4 years ago so we KNOW what he's going to do. Obama is the prefect president for this, this is one of his dreams.

All you are doing is trying to protect the blameless one, the great Obama. Just another far left liberal that supports gun control. As for those AR 180's, I've had one for years.

#3086171 - 12/18/12 10:49 PM Re: Makes me sick [Re: Wildcat]
JimFromTN
8 Point

Loc: Nashville, TN

Well, I guess you are lucky that Obama got elected so he could take the blame for this. Imagine the shame if Romney won and ended up signing gun control legislation.
#3086242 - 12/19/12 01:31 AM Re: Makes me sick [Re: JimFromTN]
Locksley
16 Point

Loc: Antioch TN

Originally Posted By: Wildcat

Look who's a "realist".

LOL!!!

Looks like you have NOT read any of my posts the last 3 days.

I posted SEVERAL TIMES that Republicans were joining in. I was the first one to post that the NRA was staying quite and that they would cave.

We ALL KNEW who and what Obama was, we postesd about his RECORD 4 years ago so we KNOW what he's going to do. Obama is the prefect president for this, this is one of his dreams.

All you are doing is trying to protect the blameless one, the great Obama. Just another far left liberal that supports gun control. As for those AR 180's, I've had one for years.

Well, I guess you are lucky that Obama got elected so he could take the blame for this. Imagine the shame if Romney won and ended up signing gun control legislation.

Well are not lucky he OBAMA was re-elected . We are all going to lose hunting weapons and so you-all can blame the Democrats and women that voted for OBAMA .

#3086244 - 12/19/12 01:36 AM Re: Makes me sick [Re: Locksley]
redblood
16 Point

Loc: Lewisburg

so, what the heck is an assault weapon? ar? 10/22? marlin mod 60? moss. 500?

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45, Kirk 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
PEhunter, Amy pesterfield, Blood seeker, fghijk604245, top_of_the_foodchain
13289 Registered Users
Who's Online
10 registered (Daniel n, Eric Kilby, Setterman, danny1975, Beekeeper, 88Mic, 1 invisible) and 75 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13289 Members
42 Forums
85433 Topics
1032294 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.324 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.