Tndeer Logo

Page 1 of 3 123>
Topic Options
#3079822 - 12/14/12 07:38 PM They are going to come after our guns
sgtwebb1
14 Point

Loc: Ooltewah/Harrison TN, USA

First and foremost, let me make this perfectly clear;

Today's mass murder is one of the most hideous things I have ever known to have happened in my lifetime.
The animal that perpetrated it should have just shot himself, and saved the entire nation a world of grief.
I grieve for their loved ones and pray the dead knew Jesus as their Savior.

However, in the United States of America as it exists today, this event today will not be allowed for long to remain about the horrific murders of these poor children and school employees by a madman.
Oh, no.

The leftist media and politicians are about to use this horrific slaughter to target you and I--otherwise known as the more than 47% of American adults that legally own guns who haven't murdered anyone.

Yes, I fully believe that the government is about to launch an attack on gun ownership, aided by their state-run media outlets, the likes of which has never been seen.
They'll use the images of the poor children we all have seen and are still seeing on the news today as ammunition, and will of course hearken back to the Columbines, Virginia Techs, Fort Hoods, and Auroras to smash their point home;

The only way to prevent gun crime is to "control" gun ownership.

Of course, they'll completely ignore the facts, and focus on the emotions.
They'll fail to point out the fact that even though millions upon millions of adults legally own guns, these episodes are comparatively rare, given the sheer numbers that legally own or have access to firearms in the United States.

They'll completely ignore the number of people killed in automobile accidents each year, which dwarfs gun deaths by 32,885 (wikipedia 2010) to 8.755 (FBI stats 2010) As a matter of fact, in 2008, the American Foundation for Suicide prevention reports there were 38,364 reported suicides in the US.

Yes, these murders are unspeakably evil, but then so are the creatures that perpetrate them.

Instead of pointing the crooked finger at the dozens of millions of us who would never dream of harming anyone else with a weapon unless it were a matter of self defense, perhaps these misguided people need to be trying to devise ways of identifying those among us who turn into murderous monsters.

Of course, that won't happen.

Obama will continue to wipe at nonexistent tears, Congress will pass more restrictive gun laws that only hurt legal gun owners, and the media will paint us all as "gun nuts".

And after they all pat themselves on the back for having made the world a better and safer place "for the children", some other monster will do it again.

It's about evil, people, not guns.

And there is far more evil in the world than there will ever be guns.

And here's my answer to the question of evil

Edited by sgtwebb1 (12/14/12 07:45 PM)

Visit my Blog:
Sons of LiberTea Blog

#3079904 - 12/14/12 08:27 PM Re: They are going to come after our guns [Re: sgtwebb1]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

Go watch MSNBC,ALL they's ve talked about all day and night so far is GUN CONTROL.

Not ot worry, there are a lot of HUNTERS that will be happy for more gun control and will help push it though.

By the way, the number is 47% of the HOUSEHOLDS that own guns.

#3079991 - 12/14/12 09:19 PM Re: They are going to come after our guns [Re: Wildcat]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Loc: Smith Co.

Obama has his Reichstag fire

- Keep it real

#3080012 - 12/14/12 09:41 PM Re: They are going to come after our guns [Re: Crappie Luck]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: Crappie Luck

You nailed it. He WILL pump this for all it's worth and he WILL win in the end.

#3080026 - 12/14/12 09:55 PM Re: They are going to come after our guns [Re: Wildcat]
AndyW
10 Point

Loc: Allardt, TN

I agree Sarge.

Why is tragedy always the impetus for more legislation? Both sides of the aisle trip over each other to write new laws when bad things go down. IMO, this is the worst thing we've seen since 9/11. We all know there was a freedom stifling congressional law passing field day after that one, and this'll surely be similar.

I cant wait to see which angles they'll attack. Sky high ammunition prices, a moratorium on new concealed carry permits, a moratorium on new gun sales, legislating that guns be single shot only, etc etc etc. Something crappy this way comes!

Senseless evil dates back to very early in Genesis, when Cain killed Abel. Good men have a duty to stomp evil's guts out when we see it.

#3080037 - 12/14/12 10:01 PM Re: They are going to come after our guns [Re: Wildcat]
Wes Parrish
16 Point

Loc: Knoxville-Dover-Union City, TN

Originally Posted By: Wildcat

I will not be shocked if Obama by-passes Congress, and successfully bans "automatic" handguns soon per the ATF (backdoor executive fiat). According to my understanding of the Constitution, it's illegal, but he's done other things just as illegal and now been re-elected.

And "Automatic" will include all semi-automatic handguns, such as all Glocks & Sig Sauers. Did anyone else note that there was no "assault" rifle used in this horrible tragedy at the elementary school in Connecticut? This is part of why I believe the focus will shift now to banning "automatic" handguns.

Below is a link to but one example of what I'm talking about with Obama by-passing Congress with dictates of new law:

http://www.unitedliberty.org/articles/10259-rule-by-executive-fiat

#3080125 - 12/15/12 12:43 AM Re: They are going to come after our guns [Re: Wildcat]
Locksley
16 Point

Loc: Antioch TN

YEP and OBAMA-care did not medicate the mentally ill guy to keep him from going crazy either.Just saying.

#3080171 - 12/15/12 05:48 AM Re: They are going to come after our guns [Re: Locksley]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Something else to think about.

Ammo is NOT in the Second Amendment. Neither is hunting or reloading.

#3080216 - 12/15/12 07:15 AM Re: They are going to come after our guns [Re: Wildcat]
Wes Parrish
16 Point

Loc: Knoxville-Dover-Union City, TN

Something else to think about.

Ammo is NOT in the Second Amendment. Neither is hunting or reloading.

And this is but another way the Obama administration can curtail gun ownership in a big way (making it too expensive for the "little guy" and much of the Middle Class). As in most of Europe, only the wealthy will be able to afford firearms should we continue in this direction. Heck, in many countries, even the wealthy aren't allowed except thru their security entourages who are armed as guards.

Remember how Obama went after the coal industry by say something to the effect, "You can build a coal company if you like, but it will bankrupt you."

"You can get a gun if you like, but the ammo will bankrupt you."

#3080262 - 12/15/12 08:12 AM Re: They are going to come after our guns [Re: Wes Parrish]
sgtwebb1
14 Point

Loc: Ooltewah/Harrison TN, USA

Better buy ammo/components NOW.

Visit my Blog:
Sons of LiberTea Blog

Page 1 of 3 123>

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45, Kirk 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
bassassassin7, BBQ, Kornhunter, Afleming17, 260rem
13281 Registered Users
Who's Online
14 registered (elkman, Planking, Master Chief, downwind, mossyoakmantn, DirtyBear0311) and 88 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13281 Members
42 Forums
85144 Topics
1028956 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 5.258 seconds in which 0 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.