Tndeer Logo

Page all of 3 123>
Topic Options
#3079822 - 12/14/12 07:38 PM They are going to come after our guns
sgtwebb1
14 Point

Loc: Ooltewah/Harrison TN, USA

First and foremost, let me make this perfectly clear;

Today's mass murder is one of the most hideous things I have ever known to have happened in my lifetime.
The animal that perpetrated it should have just shot himself, and saved the entire nation a world of grief.
I grieve for their loved ones and pray the dead knew Jesus as their Savior.

However, in the United States of America as it exists today, this event today will not be allowed for long to remain about the horrific murders of these poor children and school employees by a madman.
Oh, no.

The leftist media and politicians are about to use this horrific slaughter to target you and I--otherwise known as the more than 47% of American adults that legally own guns who haven't murdered anyone.

Yes, I fully believe that the government is about to launch an attack on gun ownership, aided by their state-run media outlets, the likes of which has never been seen.
They'll use the images of the poor children we all have seen and are still seeing on the news today as ammunition, and will of course hearken back to the Columbines, Virginia Techs, Fort Hoods, and Auroras to smash their point home;

The only way to prevent gun crime is to "control" gun ownership.

Of course, they'll completely ignore the facts, and focus on the emotions.
They'll fail to point out the fact that even though millions upon millions of adults legally own guns, these episodes are comparatively rare, given the sheer numbers that legally own or have access to firearms in the United States.

They'll completely ignore the number of people killed in automobile accidents each year, which dwarfs gun deaths by 32,885 (wikipedia 2010) to 8.755 (FBI stats 2010) As a matter of fact, in 2008, the American Foundation for Suicide prevention reports there were 38,364 reported suicides in the US.

Yes, these murders are unspeakably evil, but then so are the creatures that perpetrate them.

Instead of pointing the crooked finger at the dozens of millions of us who would never dream of harming anyone else with a weapon unless it were a matter of self defense, perhaps these misguided people need to be trying to devise ways of identifying those among us who turn into murderous monsters.

Of course, that won't happen.

Obama will continue to wipe at nonexistent tears, Congress will pass more restrictive gun laws that only hurt legal gun owners, and the media will paint us all as "gun nuts".

And after they all pat themselves on the back for having made the world a better and safer place "for the children", some other monster will do it again.

It's about evil, people, not guns.

And there is far more evil in the world than there will ever be guns.

And here's my answer to the question of evil

Edited by sgtwebb1 (12/14/12 07:45 PM)

Visit my Blog:
Sons of LiberTea Blog

#3079904 - 12/14/12 08:27 PM Re: They are going to come after our guns [Re: sgtwebb1]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

Go watch MSNBC,ALL they's ve talked about all day and night so far is GUN CONTROL.

Not ot worry, there are a lot of HUNTERS that will be happy for more gun control and will help push it though.

By the way, the number is 47% of the HOUSEHOLDS that own guns.

#3079991 - 12/14/12 09:19 PM Re: They are going to come after our guns [Re: Wildcat]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Loc: Smith Co.

Obama has his Reichstag fire

- Keep it real

#3080012 - 12/14/12 09:41 PM Re: They are going to come after our guns [Re: Crappie Luck]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: Crappie Luck

You nailed it. He WILL pump this for all it's worth and he WILL win in the end.

#3080026 - 12/14/12 09:55 PM Re: They are going to come after our guns [Re: Wildcat]
AndyW
10 Point

Loc: Allardt, TN

I agree Sarge.

Why is tragedy always the impetus for more legislation? Both sides of the aisle trip over each other to write new laws when bad things go down. IMO, this is the worst thing we've seen since 9/11. We all know there was a freedom stifling congressional law passing field day after that one, and this'll surely be similar.

I cant wait to see which angles they'll attack. Sky high ammunition prices, a moratorium on new concealed carry permits, a moratorium on new gun sales, legislating that guns be single shot only, etc etc etc. Something crappy this way comes!

Senseless evil dates back to very early in Genesis, when Cain killed Abel. Good men have a duty to stomp evil's guts out when we see it.

#3080037 - 12/14/12 10:01 PM Re: They are going to come after our guns [Re: Wildcat]
Wes Parrish
16 Point

Loc: Knoxville-Dover-Union City, TN

Originally Posted By: Wildcat

I will not be shocked if Obama by-passes Congress, and successfully bans "automatic" handguns soon per the ATF (backdoor executive fiat). According to my understanding of the Constitution, it's illegal, but he's done other things just as illegal and now been re-elected.

And "Automatic" will include all semi-automatic handguns, such as all Glocks & Sig Sauers. Did anyone else note that there was no "assault" rifle used in this horrible tragedy at the elementary school in Connecticut? This is part of why I believe the focus will shift now to banning "automatic" handguns.

Below is a link to but one example of what I'm talking about with Obama by-passing Congress with dictates of new law:

http://www.unitedliberty.org/articles/10259-rule-by-executive-fiat

#3080125 - 12/15/12 12:43 AM Re: They are going to come after our guns [Re: Wildcat]
Locksley
16 Point

Loc: Antioch TN

YEP and OBAMA-care did not medicate the mentally ill guy to keep him from going crazy either.Just saying.

#3080171 - 12/15/12 05:48 AM Re: They are going to come after our guns [Re: Locksley]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Something else to think about.

Ammo is NOT in the Second Amendment. Neither is hunting or reloading.

#3080216 - 12/15/12 07:15 AM Re: They are going to come after our guns [Re: Wildcat]
Wes Parrish
16 Point

Something else to think about.

Ammo is NOT in the Second Amendment. Neither is hunting or reloading.

And this is but another way the Obama administration can curtail gun ownership in a big way (making it too expensive for the "little guy" and much of the Middle Class). As in most of Europe, only the wealthy will be able to afford firearms should we continue in this direction. Heck, in many countries, even the wealthy aren't allowed except thru their security entourages who are armed as guards.

Remember how Obama went after the coal industry by say something to the effect, "You can build a coal company if you like, but it will bankrupt you."

"You can get a gun if you like, but the ammo will bankrupt you."

#3080262 - 12/15/12 08:12 AM Re: They are going to come after our guns [Re: Wes Parrish]
sgtwebb1
14 Point

Better buy ammo/components NOW.

Visit my Blog:
Sons of LiberTea Blog

#3080298 - 12/15/12 08:45 AM Re: They are going to come after our guns [Re: sgtwebb1]
sgtwebb1
14 Point

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/12/14/Bloomberg-politicizes-shooting

"Today, New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, an ardent gun control advocate, moved to politicize the monstrous school shooting in Connecticut, issuing the following statement:

With all the carnage from gun violence in our country, it’s still almost impossible to believe that a mass shooting in a kindergarten class could happen. It has come to that. Not even kindergarteners learning their A,B,Cs are safe. We heard after Columbine that it was too soon to talk about gun laws. We heard it after Virginia Tech. After Tucson and Aurora and Oak Creek. And now we are hearing it again. For every day we wait, 34 more people are murdered with guns. Today, many of them were five-year olds. President Obama rightly sent his heartfelt condolences to the families in Newtown. But the country needs him to send a bill to Congress to fix this problem. Calling for ‘meaningful action’ is not enough. We need immediate action. We have heard all the rhetoric before. What we have not seen is leadership – not from the White House and not from Congress. That must end today. This is a national tragedy and it demands a national response. My deepest sympathies are with the families of all those affected, and my determination to stop this madness is stronger than ever.

If Bloomberg’s deepest sympathies were with the family, he wouldn’t use this as an opportunity to get on his soapbox about gun control. We don’t know all the facts of the case yet, Connecticut has some of the most restrictive gun control laws in the country, and it seems that the shooter obtained his guns legally."

These gun-hating Progressives had a plan in place before the shooting took place.

Makes one wonder all kinds of things............

Visit my Blog:
Sons of LiberTea Blog

#3080302 - 12/15/12 08:48 AM Re: They are going to come after our guns [Re: sgtwebb1]
cecil30-30
16 Point

Loc: Morgan Co

I have got a bad, bad feeling about this guys.Nothing good is going to come of it,and I feel its going to be BIG.

Ban Liberals!!! Save America!!!!

#3080340 - 12/15/12 09:16 AM Re: They are going to come after our guns [Re: sgtwebb1]
Rebel
TnDeer Old Timer
12 Point

Loc: East Tennessee USA

Prior to 12/13/12, Obama had been working on gun control "under the radar" as He put it... There is a UN Small Arms Treaty that's coming down the pike in a few months as well. Yesterday changed everything.

We're already seeing the Obamunist media ramping up their rhetoric and do you think for one minute they'll give a balanced assessment? No way! As Crappie L. said This is their Reichstag moment.

Just yesterday morning I and several others who often post here were stating our opinion to many of the deer hunters who continue to stick their heads in the sand.

http://www.tndeer.com/tndeertalk/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3077126&page=1&nt=7&fpart=3

By mid afternoon, I hope they no longer believe gun control will not happen. It's coming. It was creeping up on us under the radar but now, with a weak bunch of Congressmen standing in the way of a senate, a liberal judiciary, and a dictator for a president, we are in for the trial of our lives in regard to gun ownership.

As someone has already pointed out, we have to get into social media at every opportunity. Gun free zones, and liberal ideology are responsible for this. God has been kicked out of our schools and evil has moved right in.

"All that it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

Burke also said:
When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.

All of us must spread the word. Join pro-gun organizations. And above all, be a good representative for gun owners everywhere. I say this because all of us are about to be depicted by the media as bloodthirsty villains who could snap at any moment.

Tolerance is a virtue of those who believe in nothing.

Deo Vindice

#3080354 - 12/15/12 09:32 AM Re: They are going to come after our guns [Re: Rebel]
sgtwebb1
14 Point

Jeff,
I have to say I am very, very suspicious about the timing of this.

Again, I say;

These gun-hating Progressives had a plan in place before the shooting took place.

Makes one wonder all kinds of things............

We have even more to talk about when the three of us have dinner in January.............

Visit my Blog:
Sons of LiberTea Blog

#3080370 - 12/15/12 09:46 AM Re: They are going to come after our guns [Re: sgtwebb1]
huntinkev
8 Point

Loc: East Tenn

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/dec/14/dem-lawmaker-get-gun-control-obama-must-exploit-sh/

It's going to happen you can guarantee it!

#3080385 - 12/15/12 09:56 AM Re: They are going to come after our guns [Re: sgtwebb1]
Rebel
TnDeer Old Timer
12 Point

Loc: East Tennessee USA

I agree Tony. There were 2 mass shootings this week alone, UN treaties on the horizon. It's the perfect storm for gun control...And at a time when the conservative voice has never been so weak!

I try to remind myself of the holocaust, Stalin rounding up the opposition and killing them by the millions. Pol Pot, and dozens of tyrants who comitted genocide throughout history that was way before our time.

Yesterday, it was yet another disturbed individual that no law on the books could have ever stopped yet the corrupt government and it's media machine is seizing the moment to strike yeat another death-blow to freedom.

Evil has and always will stalk this earth until the Savior returns and reconciles all things.

I believe you're right. The left is about to roll out their plan to the masses. Their people are ready to accept (false)security in exchange for liberty...

Tolerance is a virtue of those who believe in nothing.

Deo Vindice

#3080409 - 12/15/12 10:18 AM Re: They are going to come after our guns [Re: Rebel]
sgtwebb1
14 Point

...and they deserve neither.

Tree of Liberty time is coming, I'm afraid.

Visit my Blog:
Sons of LiberTea Blog

#3080411 - 12/15/12 10:19 AM Re: They are going to come after our guns [Re: Rebel]
west_tn_hunter
8 Point

Loc: Chester County

Much to think about today. As I was at work all night last night I caught up on the news as best I could. Like you all have already noted it seemed all most of the media wanted to discuss was increased gun control. Sorry uneducated news reporters but no amount of increased gun control would have saved the life's of the 20 helpless children that perished.

As long as the person committing the crime is motivated and willing to die this type of violence will always be.

I will be sure to up my NRA membership today. I will also take stock of the ammo we currently possess and begin to fill out as needed.

Hopefully cooler heads will prevail and leave gun legislation out of the conversation. With that said, I feel for the government who deems it necessary to enter private homes and take away the people's guns.

#3080413 - 12/15/12 10:20 AM Re: They are going to come after our guns [Re: sgtwebb1]
REM7
10 Point

Loc: GRUNDY COUNTY

On the money sarge
#3080678 - 12/15/12 02:50 PM Re: They are going to come after our guns [Re: cecil30-30]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: cecil30-30
I have got a bad, bad feeling about this guys.Nothing good is going to come of it,and I feel its going to be BIG.

It WILL be as big as the 1968 Gun Control Act

#3080705 - 12/15/12 03:05 PM Re: They are going to come after our guns [Re: Wildcat]
Wes Parrish
16 Point

By the way, just as a historical reminder, do you remember what TRAUMATIC EMOTIONAL event(s) triggered the 1968 Gun Control Act?

#3080725 - 12/15/12 03:17 PM Re: They are going to come after our guns [Re: Wes Parrish]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: Wes Parrish

By the way, just as a historical reminder, do you remember what TRAUMATIC EMOTIONAL event(s) triggered the 1968 Gun Control Act?

JFK

#3080753 - 12/15/12 03:39 PM Re: They are going to come after our guns [Re: Wildcat]
Wes Parrish
16 Point

JFK's assassination in 1963 was unquestionably a factor, but I believe bigger were the two that happened earlier in 1968. Both Dr. Martin Luther King (April) and Robert F. Kennedy (June) were assassinated earlier in 1968. The fact that Attorney General Robert F. Kennedy's President Brother JFK had also been shot, that just added to the emotional trauma the nation felt in 1968. The Gun Control Act was signed by President Lyndon Johnson later in October of 1968.

Since then, many states and certain cities have enacted much stricter gun laws than others. The irony has become that those with the strictest gun laws have tended to have the greatest increases in murder rates and other violent crimes. Once the law-abiding citizens had less free access to guns, the criminal element gained advantage and boldness.

#3081768 - 12/16/12 10:35 AM Re: They are going to come after our guns [Re: Wes Parrish]
Encore Eye Candy
10 Point

Loc: 2 Chron. 7:14: Refs signature

http://redflagnews.com/headlines/alex-jones-the-fix-is-in-theyre-coming-for-our-guns

Alex thinks there will be a civil war as this occurs.

Edited by Encore Eye Candy (12/16/12 10:36 AM)

#3081971 - 12/16/12 01:34 PM Re: They are going to come after our guns [Re: Wes Parrish]
Locksley
16 Point

Loc: Antioch TN

Originally Posted By: Wes Parrish
JFK's assassination in 1963 was unquestionably a factor, but I believe bigger were the two that happened earlier in 1968. Both Dr. Martin Luther King (April) and Robert F. Kennedy (June) were assassinated earlier in 1968. The fact that Attorney General Robert F. Kennedy's President Brother JFK had also been shot, that just added to the emotional trauma the nation felt in 1968. The Gun Control Act was signed by President Lyndon Johnson later in October of 1968.

Since then, many states and certain cities have enacted much stricter gun laws than others. The irony has become that those with the strictest gun laws have tended to have the greatest increases in murder rates and other violent crimes. Once the law-abiding citizens had less free access to guns, the criminal element gained advantage and boldness.

Originally Posted By: Locksley
It WILL be as big a hit as the Gun Control Act of 1968 or worse.

Even Fox news is giving the Democrats air time to spew there garbage.

Even Fox news is giving the Democrats air time to spew there garbage.

#3082016 - 12/16/12 02:36 PM Re: They are going to come after our guns [Re: Locksley]
7mminatree
4 Point

Loc: Unicoi Tn.

Everyone needs to speak up and speak loud on this issue. The media and Dems are going to pound this drum as long as they can. It doesn't matter that our society has become immoral and the family unit has broken down, which IMO is exactly what is to blame on all these mass shootings. This is going to be an all out war against firearms and who knows what kind of legislation will get passed. The gun community is going to have to really get motivated to stop bad legislation from getting passed. This means we all have to scream in the ears of ALL politcians. In 1968 we didn't have instant media like we have to today. Its time to clog every email server and phone message line we can. We have a few allies in congress but not many. I heard Rep Louie Gohmert from Texas on Fox Sunday today, Chris Wallace asked him why anyone needs to own an AR-15 and he said to stop a tyrannical goverment. This guy gets it, but far to many will fold under pressure. I'm one who will send a lot of pressure towards congress. I hope you all will join me.
#3082263 - 12/16/12 05:42 PM Re: They are going to come after our guns [Re: Locksley]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Loc: Smith Co.

Fox network is as anti-gun as the rest. Google murdoch's comments on friday

- Keep it real

#3082329 - 12/16/12 06:13 PM Re: They are going to come after our guns [Re: Crappie Luck]
fishboy1
16 Point

Loc: Warren Co

Exactly. WE the people need to be leading from the ground up.

The media has become a propaganda machine. USE the alternate media and better yet....face to face contact with people to help them understand.

Citizens have THE most powerful weapon on the planet at their disposal. Communication. THE MSM no longer has a monopoly on communications and ideas.

Its up to each and every one of us to communicate the benefits of a conservative viewpoint to everyone we can. Truth is liberal Kryptonite. It kills MSM propaganda as well.

Page all of 3 123>

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45, Kirk 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
fghijk604245, top_of_the_foodchain, infantryleadtheway, ftwstn, Wild hog 44
13286 Registered Users
Who's Online
72 registered (94user, Pic IN the Casa, Buckykm1, ROUGH COUNTRY HUNTER, 300wby, 280longshot, 8 invisible) and 137 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13286 Members
42 Forums
85342 Topics
1031232 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.212 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.