Tndeer Logo

Page 12 of 17 « First<1011121314>Last »
Topic Options
#3076019 - 12/12/12 02:37 PM Re: Want to change manner & means during muzzleloader [Re: contendershooter]
Rubberduck270
10 Point

Loc: Lawrence Co.

Originally Posted By: contendershooter
I would like to carry a weapon that would provide me the best chance of acquiring the game I am pursuing. I also think about other hunters needs and challenges, ways to get more people into hunting and keeping hunters in the game, because let's face it, the way things are going now, hunting is dying out in some ways.

Then why not just open rifle season the first Saturday of November and do away with ML season all together?

#3076029 - 12/12/12 02:41 PM Re: Want to change manner & means during muzzleloader [Re: Rubberduck270]
Wes Parrish
16 Point

Loc: Knoxville-Dover-Union City, TN

Originally Posted By: Rubberduck270
I would like to carry a weapon that would provide me the best chance of acquiring the game I am pursuing. I also think about other hunters needs and challenges . . . . . . . .

Then why not just open rifle season the first Saturday of November and do away with ML season all together?

Yep.
Either leave it as "muzzleloader" season, or change it to "deer season, any weapon". No need to require so many other hunters to purchase a new weapon to participate. Most already have a centerfire rifle or a shotgun for deer hunting, but almost none have a single-shot centerfire.

And again, as we carefully consider what we wish for, it would be a reasonable expectation that a lowering of annual deer limits (both antlered & antlerless) would coincide with any significant increase in hunting days with more effective weapons (at least in the coming year or two).

#3076081 - 12/12/12 03:12 PM Re: Want to change manner & means during muzzleloader [Re: Rubberduck270]
Ahuntin1
4 Point

Loc: Collierville, TN

I think TWRA has tweaked our seasons to near perfection. Our system is way better than mississipi's. Their early premative weapon season is antlerless and they break rifle season in the middle.
#3076109 - 12/12/12 03:33 PM Re: Want to change manner & means during muzzleloader [Re: Rubberduck270]
SES
8 Point

Loc: Corryton, Tn

Originally Posted By: Rubberduck270
and the fact that I am actually considering other hunters opinions before presenting this to the TWRA commission in Feb.

When and where is this going to take place? I might have to make a trip to see your little Presentation on this matter.
I hope you have a lot of spare time. Unless they shut him down, he could be up there a while. Very opinionated individual.

#3076120 - 12/12/12 03:37 PM Re: Want to change manner & means during muzzleloader [Re: SES]
Rubberduck270
10 Point

Loc: Lawrence Co.

Originally Posted By: SES
I hope you have a lot of spare time. Unless they shut him down, he could be up there a while. Very opinionated individual.

Lol. Only point I've seen him make is "lets make it easier and more accessible to hunt by adding shotguns and slow-poke black powder cartridges".

#3076231 - 12/12/12 04:44 PM Re: Want to change manner & means during muzzleloader [Re: Wes Parrish]
timberjack86
14 Point

Loc: Grundy county

Originally Posted By: Wes Parrish
 Originally Posted By: scn
Hopefully the Commission will continue to keep it as a muzzleloading season.

And/or just make it "any" weapon.

What I don't want to see is any more "special" weapons segments, promoted more by manufacturers/sellers of these than by hunter demand.

Why should we demand hunters go out and buy a new "weapon" so they can participate in better hunting opportunity?

If hunting opportunity can be expanded, then let's do it with weapons most deer hunters already own. What we don't need to do is put some special weapons enthusiasts on a pedestal, and continue this dividing of hunters.
x1000!!!

#3076504 - 12/12/12 07:32 PM Re: Want to change manner & means during muzzleloader [Re: contendershooter]
smyrnagc
6 Point

Loc: Middle Tennessee

survey results so far as of 8:27AM CST on 12/12/12:

keep it the way it is: 51%

add use of shotguns with muzzleloaders: 5%

add use of handguns and shotguns with muzzleloaders: 5%

add use of single shot rifles, handguns and shotguns with muzzleloaders 35%

make current muzzleloader season primitive muzzleloaders only and move in-lines to modern gun 2%

create a January primitive season 2%

keep the answers coming as I am going to keep the survey up thru the second week of January to make it as fair and accurate as possible before I do my presentation. I think I will include some data on the all the people who are advocating the any weapon season, and this may be a middle ground that is fair to our bow hunters and will not effect the remainder of the season.

My question would be, will you change the approach to your presentation based on your (this) survey results? It is apparent that the majority of your responses (51% which is a majority) are not in favor of any change. That 51% could be low if not all of the negative commentor's voted.

You also state "I think I will include some data on all the people who are advocating the any weapon season". Will you also include in your presentation that a majority of those that took the survey on tndeer voted to leave it as is?

#3076540 - 12/12/12 07:52 PM Re: Want to change manner & means during muzzleloader [Re: smyrnagc]
WestTn Huntin'man
16 Point

Loc: Benton Co.

Is there a TnDeer award for the longest cut and paste ??
Proverbs 3:27 Whenever you possibly can, do good to those who need it

#3076871 - 12/13/12 12:28 AM Re: Want to change manner & means during muzzleloader [Re: contendershooter]
recurve60#
4 Point

Loc: Rock Island

Originally Posted By: Outdoor Enthusiast
 Originally Posted By: recurve60#
Do you have stock in or sell said guns you are promoting?

Just sayin...brand new member and show up with surveys to help your your cause.

^^I am curious too.
No, the only gun stock I own is Ruger and their firearms would not qualify, with maybe the exception of the Ruger single shot, but at near $1,000 each compared to your $300.00 handi-rifle, it seems like a no-brainier on that choice.

Why are the old dogs on here so up on new members asking questions or posting?

My premise was explained quite thoroughly but I will recap for those who have not read the entire thread. I am a hunter, I love to hunt and love the outdoors. I work a lot just like 99% of everyone else on here, and when I get the random change to go hunting I would like to carry a weapon that would provide me the best chance of acquiring the game I am pursuing. I also think about other hunters needs and challenges, ways to get more people into hunting and keeping hunters in the game, because let's face it, the way things are going now, hunting is dying out in some ways.

I benefit in no way in the allowance of single shot rifles, shotguns and handguns other than it gives additional choices for hunters to enjoy a time honored past time.

No one is giving anyone a hard time about posting a thread here...only ones pushing an agenda. Some here were not born yesterday and can see this is a serious agenda here you are pushing when all in reality you need to do if you're worried about acquiring game when you hunt is use a ML during Ml season like everyone else does. ESPECIALLY since you say todays ML's are as efficient as your proposed weapons.

In essence...use one of said ML's and you're better off than using a shotgun,pistol or large caliber centerfire rifle according to your point of view in your argument. So why all this?

#3076872 - 12/13/12 12:32 AM Re: Want to change manner & means during muzzleloader [Re: recurve60#]
recurve60#
4 Point

Loc: Rock Island

I mean really...why go thru all the trouble when you can use a ML that you are saying is just as effective as what you are pushing.

Oh wait....I see...Contenders are special. They should be allowed.

Heck lets have the state create a special season for Contenders.

Page 12 of 17 « First<1011121314>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Tennessee Todd, Unicam, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
draw2drop, Oh Deer, Deer slayer85, Deadeye14, woodie
13110 Registered Users
Who's Online
62 registered (Jaye, scn, in the dog house!, DaveB, memfuzz, Big JWC 50, 6 invisible) and 95 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13110 Members
42 Forums
89107 Topics
1042169 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
July
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.238 seconds in which 0.004 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.