Tndeer Logo

Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#3075348 - 12/12/12 06:16 AM (D)ims finally realize - zerOcare is bad
BMan
16 Point

Loc: Middle TN

(D)imwits Ask For Delay to zerOcare Med Device Tax They Voted For In First Place

From the article:

In a letter to Majority Leader Harry Reid, 18 Democrat senators and senators-elect have asked for “a delay in the implementation” of the Obamacare medical device tax. Like most of the significant tax increases in Obamacare, the medical device tax is scheduled to take effect on Jan. 1, 2013, conveniently after the 2012 presidential election.

Each of the 18 Democrat signatories voted for or supported Obamacare in the first place. And now they want a sweetheart exemption from one of its most onerous provisions. Even in Washington DC, that shows a lot of gall.

Their letter can be viewed here.

Their rationale? That the bill THEY love so much, is going to cost thousands of jobs.

Too late, suckers - OWN IT.

#3075404 - 12/12/12 07:17 AM Re: (D)ims finally realize - zerOcare is bad [Re: BMan]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

I don't know why they should worry about it.

Those "taxes on medical devices" will be added to the cost of the medical device and will be passed on to the customers. The only downside to that is that in this case the "customer" is ObamaCare itself.

So lets see if we get this right.

They are taxing the medical devices to use those taxes to pay for ObamaCare and at the same time they are passing the business expenses, which legally the tax is, on to the customer that pays the medical bills which in this case would be ObamaCare.

WOW those democrats sure are smart behind "closed, locked doors" where ObamaCare was written and passed.

#3075439 - 12/12/12 07:51 AM Re: (D)ims finally realize - zerOcare is bad [Re: Wildcat]
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

"Just pass it and we'll read it later..."

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#3076639 - 12/12/12 08:35 PM Re: (D)ims finally realize - zerOcare is bad [Re: MUP]
sgtwebb1
16 Point

Loc: Ooltewah/Harrison TN, USA

Originally Posted By: MUP
"Just pass it and we'll read it later..."

And poetic justice would be if they themselves needed a pacemaker, respirator, or other high-tech device in coming years, and in small print it had "Made in China" stamped on it.

Visit my Blog:
Sons of LiberTea Blog

#3076654 - 12/12/12 08:45 PM Re: (D)ims finally realize - zerOcare is bad [Re: sgtwebb1]
Crappie Luck Moderator
Non-Typical

Loc: Smith Co.

They didn't realize it's bad. They are just tryi.g to exempt, delay or blame around the reality of their own incompetance.

Liberals do not and cannot "learn" anything negative about their own actions....ever

#3076671 - 12/12/12 09:00 PM Re: (D)ims finally realize - zerOcare is bad [Re: Crappie Luck]
Wes Parrish
16 Point

Loc: Knoxville-Dover-Union City, TN

Originally Posted By: Crappie Luck
They didn't realize it's bad. They are just trying to exempt, delay or blame around the reality of their own incompetence.

You may have a point there.
They are indeed an incompetent bunch who never take responsibility.

Oh, Obama says the bad health care bill is Bush's fault, while Pelosi blames it on the Republican's (none of whom voted for it, not one). But I do recall Obama saying "I'll leave the details to Nancy".

#3076748 - 12/12/12 09:52 PM Re: (D)ims finally realize - zerOcare is bad [Re: Wes Parrish]
Rebel
TnDeer Old Timer
12 Point

Loc: East Tennessee USA

Originally Posted By: Wes Parrish
 Originally Posted By: Crappie Luck
They didn't realize it's bad. They are just trying to exempt, delay or blame around the reality of their own incompetence.

You may have a point there.
They are indeed an incompetent bunch who never take responsibility.

Oh, Obama says the bad health care bill is Bush's fault, while Pelosi blames it on the Republican's (none of whom voted for it, not one). But I do recall Obama saying "I'll leave the details to Nancy".

And I remember Nazi Pelosi saying "we have to pass it to see what's in it."

Tolerance is a virtue of those who believe in nothing.

Deo Vindice

#3076936 - 12/13/12 06:08 AM Re: (D)ims finally realize - zerOcare is bad [Re: Rebel]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

Guys don't you know ever with this Obama and the democrats still win???

I talked about this yesterday with some friends and they have already been told it was put in there by REPUBLICANS. No mater the proof we show them they will ALWAYS beleive it to the end of their life.

#3077594 - 12/13/12 02:35 PM Re: (D)ims finally realize - zerOcare is bad [Re: Wildcat]
Encore Eye Candy
10 Point

Loc: 2 Chron. 7:14: Refs signature

Cannot fix stupidfied or kittified.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
OfficerBuck, rapalabuck, medic2fpc, MachDR, pop
13308 Registered Users
Who's Online
115 registered (MBG, hinshm, deerslazer, huntintn, peleejosh, Copes, 14 invisible) and 176 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13308 Members
42 Forums
93954 Topics
1097570 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.109 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.