Tndeer Logo

Page 6 of 17 « First<45678>Last »
Topic Options
#3074016 - 12/11/12 09:36 AM Re: Want to change manner & means during muzzleloader [Re: Rubberduck270]
contendershooter
4 Point

Loc: TN, USA

Originally Posted By: Rubberduck270
Hunter 257W, I quoted contendershooter in that post. He had quoted your previous post (nested quotes so to speak). He previously stated he could reload his ML as fast as he could reload a single shot rifle. A feat that I would personally like to challenge \:\)
I am not on here to challenge anyone, just to put feelers out on an issue. I am saying I have seen on hunting shows where people have those tube quick loaders, and I have got pretty good with them myself on reloading a smoke pole quick, as you can use those to insert your pellets or powder and push a sabot or bullet all in one push. Granted, I said "just as fast" and I admit I should have wrote "just about as fast" but the time between reloading the two is negligible.

#3074030 - 12/11/12 09:48 AM Re: Want to change manner & means during muzzleloader [Re: contendershooter]
scn
14 Point

Loc: Brentwood, TN US

content Online
Bull hocky on the time between the two being negligible.

#3074035 - 12/11/12 09:53 AM Re: Want to change manner & means during muzzleloader [Re: contendershooter]
contendershooter
4 Point

Let me also add this note...inline muzzleloaders are a technological advantage in that weapon line, but they ARE NOT primitive.

If we want a true muzzleloader season where it is a true handicap to a hunter, then we would have to mimic Washington State, Idaho or Oregon's laws which are basically the following:

Inline's are allowed, but their performance is throttled back by the following:

They MUST use a #11 or musket percussion cap

NO SABOTS

Open sights or a scope not over 2 power.

And even with those restrictions, that's still an advantage over a open sight percussion or flintlock. Take a look at Bass Pro Shops Muzzleloader Buyers Guide:

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores...8&storeId=10151

The last quote in the entire article says it all:

"Make no mistake, today's modern replica muzzleloaders, especially in-line versions, are "primitive" weapons in name alone. You can now have many of the modern technological advantages of smokeless, centerfire cartridges and rifles, while still connecting with our shooting and frontier heritage. Enjoy."

This clearly notates that inline muzzleloaders are basically "cartridgeless" centerfire single shot rifles...

#3074041 - 12/11/12 09:58 AM Re: Want to change manner & means during muzzleloader [Re: scn]
contendershooter
4 Point

Originally Posted By: scn
so SCN how long would it take you to aim, fire a shot, pull your ramrod, drop your powder, push a sabot or bullet, cap, and ready yourself to fire again

compared to

aim, fire a shot, break open the firearm, pull out the spent case (if not equipped with an ejector), fumble around in a pocket for a fresh cartridge or slug, or even better pull one from one of those elastic shell holders on the buttstock, insert, and ready to aim again...

If you say the difference is greater than 30-45 seconds, and that is giving a decent leeway, Then I would say its shooter practice, not the weaponry.

So even with an up to 45 second leeway, that would offer how much of an advantage after firing the initial shot that runs everything off around anyways? me thinks not much....

#3074050 - 12/11/12 10:07 AM Re: Want to change manner & means during muzzleloader [Re: contendershooter]
scn
14 Point

Loc: Brentwood, TN US

content Online
Total different ball game.

But, continue on.

#3074060 - 12/11/12 10:15 AM Re: Want to change manner & means during muzzleloader [Re: scn]
contendershooter
4 Point

Total different ball game.

But, continue on.
So sir, please explain why you are so adamantly against what I am proposing...let's modify it a bit even

what about allowing single shot shotguns and muzzleloaders only, since we are using the same 209 primer and same bullet in a sabot, or even as a downgrade the old pumpkin ball?

I am glad that Knight Rifles are now built in Tennessee, and they are a great company, but go to page 11 of the TWRA hunting guide and reference their own advertisement and I quote...

-Total Weight of 6 lbs
-Ultra Light Kevlar Stock
-Aluminum Bedded
-24" stainless steel contoured barrel
-jeweled bolt
-fully adjustable trigger

and you call this a "primitive" muzzleloader and you think you would be at a disadvantage with a smoke pole like this compared with someone with a single shot shotgun with a bead sight or even a scope? Man that is a stretch...no matter the ball game

#3074066 - 12/11/12 10:21 AM Re: Want to change manner & means during muzzleloader [Re: chiggerbit]
7wsm
8 Point

Loc: Tennessee

Originally Posted By: chiggerbit
 Originally Posted By: contendershooter
Chiggerbit, that is your opinion, and I appreciate that, but I can tell you that I can reload a muzzleloader every bit as fast as I can my NEF partner shotgun, or my TC Contender Pistol or Rifle.

PLEASE post a youtube video of that comparison. That I gotta see.
now this would be worth watching

#3074072 - 12/11/12 10:28 AM Re: Want to change manner & means during muzzleloader [Re: scn]
SES
8 Point

Loc: Corryton, Tn

x2. Not possible.

#3074103 - 12/11/12 10:48 AM Re: Want to change manner & means during muzzleloader [Re: SES]
Wes Parrish
16 Point

Loc: Knoxville-Dover-Union City, TN

Originally Posted By: SES
x2. Not possible.

Any of you ever tried to pour your loose powder into the barrel on a windy day?

#3074113 - 12/11/12 10:54 AM Re: Want to change manner & means during muzzleloader [Re: Wes Parrish]
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

B/C it's muzzle loader season....not breech loader season. Big difference no matter what anyone may say. And that's the nitty gritty of the subject. I'm still in favor of keeping muzzleloader season just that...muzzle loader season.

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

Page 6 of 17 « First<45678>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Tennessee Todd, Unicam, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Mik475, AaronB, Bad Wolf, jw3783, Jesse91
13279 Registered Users
Who's Online
117 registered (TIGGREM2, dmoser.270, Bass1090, Mr.Squirrel, huntwriter, lung-buster, 11 invisible) and 167 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13279 Members
42 Forums
93187 Topics
1089294 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.126 seconds in which 0.019 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.