Tndeer Logo

Page 4 of 13 « First<23456>Last »
Topic Options
#3073391 - 12/10/12 08:28 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: deerhunter10]
waynesworld
8 Point

Loc: Mboro, Tennessee

I think you may have to look at the impact that having one season if they did that you might get one more week of hunting guns. Then the other question is are you ready to pay more for the gun lisc? The would have to make up for the loss revenue. Also you would see a loss in the sporting goods sales in tn. While I am sure some would still hunt with bows but the numbers would drop a lot.

If put in charge I would not change the season but personally I would rather have all gun season open from Aug and close some time in Apr. But that is why they don't do what we want but what is best for the deer and to try to satisfy as meany as they can.

#3073512 - 12/10/12 09:14 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: waynesworld]
diamond hunter
6 Point

Loc: Goodlettsville Tennessee USA

We need a 2 buck,4 doe season,any weapon from Oct1st to Jan 31st. Only 1 buck can be tagged from Oct1-Nov31 and 1 from Dec1st to the end. Only 2 does in each of the segments as well. If you need more deer to eat,buy another license and take that person hunting,or have some more kids. \:D

#3073596 - 12/10/12 10:13 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: infoman jr.]
Vermin93
12 Point

Loc: Dallas, TX & Signal Mtn, TN

Originally Posted By: infoman jr.
I think we need an unbiased opinion. Any fly fishermen or bird dog owners on the board?

Yes, I flyfish saltwater. I've fished it all with every type of gear and I can offcialiy confirm that's the best there is. I'm also a new bow hunter with one bow kill. I'm feeling pretty darn elite these days, although I have no interest in dogs or birds except for turkeys. My unbiased opinion is that bow season is pretty darn close to being a right without actually being one. Glad I could help settle that.

#3073883 - 12/11/12 07:53 AM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: BowGuy84]
BSK
Jerkasourous of the non-typical kind
Non-Typical

Loc: Nashville, TN

Originally Posted By: BowGuy84
BSK, are you just upset bc you weren't better shooting live deer with a bow?

I kid, kinda.

Naaa, I'm not even really advocating a three month any-weapon season. I'm just trying to get bow hunters to think, and realize they have no special right to a unique hunting season before everybody else. They should be very lucky to have what they have. Some Southeastern states have very little in the way of a bow season.

Quote:
I recognize the logic and agree with your argument, but I would be very sad if there was not a bow only season. Gun season brings out the crazys, and I can't imagine how little daylight rutting activity would be seen if it was open well in advance of the rut.

But hunters in some parts of the state already deal with that. Their peak breeding is in mid-December, yet gun season opens a month before that. The deer (and especially the bucks) have been shot at with guns for almost a month before the rut kicks in. Those of us with a rut close to the gun opener are very lucky.

Quote:
I'm fine being called selfish for that and don't deserve a lot of things I have in life, but I still enjoy them!

Hey, at least your honest enough to admit it! I can appreciate that. I just think it's too funny how some will believe that "because I don't want to hunt with other hunters" is somehow a defensible reason for a special season.

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

#3073885 - 12/11/12 07:55 AM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: deerhunter10]
BSK
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: deerhunter10
No one ever said we had a right to bow hunt only but it is the fairest.

HA! You've got to be kidding me...

Once again, "reason and logic" are often in very short supply these days.

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

#3073889 - 12/11/12 07:57 AM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: waynesworld]
BSK
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: waynesworld
Then the other question is are you ready to pay more for the gun lisc? The would have to make up for the loss revenue. Also you would see a loss in the sporting goods sales in tn. While I am sure some would still hunt with bows but the numbers would drop a lot.

All of those would be very valid concerns.

#3073945 - 12/11/12 08:49 AM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: BSK]
deerhunter10
10 Point

Loc: maury county tn

How is it not the fairest for bow hunters to hunt from first?? There is more gun hunters then bow so it puts a ton of pressure on deer if it were just an all weapon season or if gun hunters hunted first. I am not saying that we deserve it but it is the fairest. And it gives the bow hunters more of a chance of killing a deer, before ww3 starts. Obviously if the majority of the people didn't agree with how it was set up it would had done changed.

#3074013 - 12/11/12 09:36 AM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: Coach]
Coach
16 Point

Loc: Pall Mall, TN and Dexter, MI

Fellas, BSK took my own thread and told me what I "meant"...he keeps saying he's yanking your string, he admits to being an a-hole, flippant, rude....at what point will you have enough? haha

Dean Business Supply, Llc

http://www.adam4d.com

#3074058 - 12/11/12 10:12 AM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: Coach]
7wsm
8 Point

Loc: Tennessee

i say to be fair about it have 2 weeks before muzzy season opens for those who choose not to bow hunt but want to take a buck in velvet yo use choice of firearm to do that then everybody will be happy but the bow hunters one again .just a thought after all fair is fair right or not
#3074096 - 12/11/12 10:43 AM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: deerhunter10]
BSK
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: deerhunter10
How is it not the fairest for bow hunters to hunt from first??

"Fair" is everybody getting the same thing--hunting the same number of days with their personal weapon of choice.

Quote:
There is more gun hunters then bow so it puts a ton of pressure on deer if it were just an all weapon season or if gun hunters hunted first.

So what if it puts more pressure on the deer? Do bow hunters think they have some right to hunting unpressured deer? They have no such right.

Page 4 of 13 « First<23456>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Tennessee Todd, Unicam, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
TboneD, sbhockey, ZachA, DocT, Raegan
13202 Registered Users
Who's Online
16 registered (southernhunter, MFDfire15, levergunner, TNDeerGuy, larry.boy.k, BuckDropper, 4 invisible) and 61 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13202 Members
42 Forums
91544 Topics
1070128 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.041 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.