Tndeer Logo

Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#3071874 - 12/10/12 12:41 AM Looking for Brown...
SilverFox
12 Point

Loc: Kodak TN

Looking for Brown...

And ended up with Green!

I might as well share the story. It's gonna get out before long. Maybe it will be forgotten soon. Jeff and I fished Cherokee yesterday trying to find a few fish for the tourney next week. Fishing was slow and we were exploring a dock neither of us had ever fished. As I headed back into the docks I saw some ducks and they moved on out our way... no b
iggie. Well as luck would have it, on my next cast as soon as my jig hit the water the drake decided to take off. As you guys know, a duck climbs as straight up as possible when they are flushed... this time it wasn't straight enough as he hit my line which was falling to the water in the wind. As he reached about 12-15 feet high the line was tight and the jig skin hooked him in the wing. Back to the water he came as if he had been shot. I don't know who was more shocked... the duck, me or Jeff! As I tried to stay calm and keep the duck from under the docks as he wanted to go, Jeff was screaming for a picture. I was having none of that as I asked him to take the rod as I hand reeled the old greenhead to the boat. Talk about a fight... he was headed for deeper water when he saw us as I pulled him from under the docks! When he surfaced in one swoop I had him in the boat and was calling for the pliers. Dr Jeff cut the barb off the hook and I was able to feed it back out the skin without any more damage. The entire time the duck remained extremely calm as Dr Jeff was at work! Of course I didn't hold on to him long enough for Dr Jeff to get his wish of a picture! No harm, No foul... well, maybe waterfowl!

If yesterday was any indication as to how the tourney is going to go for us, we might as well bring our shotguns. I was picking at Jeff all day telling him to get down, here they come. Man the ducks and geese were everywhere. As it turned out, the joke was on me!

#3072004 - 12/10/12 07:11 AM Re: Looking for Brown... [Re: SilverFox]
GRAMPS
14 Point

Loc: Mount Carmel, TN

I would have liked to been there to see that. I have hooked a bat and owl while night fishing over the years, but never hooked a duck. \:D

#3073643 - 12/10/12 11:02 PM Re: Looking for Brown... [Re: GRAMPS]
Treestand Troubadour
4 Point

Loc: Carter County

thats funny, i aint never hooked a duck before but ive hook several friends

#3073663 - 12/10/12 11:35 PM Re: Looking for Brown... [Re: Treestand Troubadour]
catman529
spiderboy
16 Point

Loc: Franklin TN

good story, I have not hooked one in flight, but I have caught ducks on white bread while grass carp fishing in neighborhood ponds. Also I stalked a pair of geese with a flashlight and caught one by the neck, held it for a pic and let it go. Maybe I shouldn't say these things but when you are night fishing in a neighborhood I guess there are worse things that could happen! \:D

...since last deer season

#3074497 - 12/11/12 02:31 PM Re: Looking for Brown... [Re: catman529]
Unicam Administrator
Grumpaw
16 Point

Loc: Dallas, GA. & Cookeville, TN

Caught a juvenile Pelican once while salt water drop lining...he was never calm about it! Also caught a bat once while shore fishing, cast the lure out and it disapeared! Never saw it hit the water. Couple days later found it floating in the water with a bat attached to it. Duck hunting with a fishing pole...hmmmm!

John 15:13

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, Cuttin Caller, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Urban deer Hunter, Mclem135, Cch, Timberninja31, Claims Rep.
13266 Registered Users
Who's Online
110 registered (ferg, Methane, TNGunsmoke, Poser, drrxnupe, TN_Greenhead, 11 invisible) and 145 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13266 Members
42 Forums
92936 Topics
1085976 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.099 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.