Tndeer Logo

Page 3 of 13 <12345>Last »
Topic Options
#3073177 - 12/10/12 06:27 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: Wes Parrish]
infoman jr.
10 Point

Loc: Elizabethtown, KY

I think we need an unbiased opinion. Any fly fishermen or bird dog owners on the board?

#3073182 - 12/10/12 06:29 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: infoman jr.]
Poser
Mud Dauber
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

content Online
 Originally Posted By: infoman jr.
I think we need an unbiased opinion. Any fly fishermen or bird dog owners on the board?

\:D

Wild & crazy, can't be stopped. Only the strong will survive.

Keep your knife sharp and your skillet greasy.

http://www.GoCarnivore.com

#3073184 - 12/10/12 06:29 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: Coach]
BSK
Jerkasourous of the non-typical kind
Non-Typical

Loc: Nashville, TN

Originally Posted By: Coach
The main point of my thread is all the elitism comments about bowhunters and the fact I have never heard of it before nor has any of my hunting buddies.

That's because no one has ever forced to look in the mirror and realize bow hunters don't deserve time in the woods alone. They currently have that, but they certainly don't deserve it, and I see no reason to preserve that if more hunting time could be given to more hunters without doing harm to the deer population (although that is a question that would have to be biologically answered first).

Quote:
I disagree with you BSK but not enough to debate it.

Why would you want to? Those arguing for a bow season don't have a logical leg to stand on. It's a no-win argument.

Quote:
By the way, do you bow hunt? ;\)

I used to bow hunt almost exclusively. I would put in well over 100 hours of treestand time during bow season, and then maybe 20-25 during MZ/gun season.

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

#3073188 - 12/10/12 06:31 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: infoman jr.]
BSK
Non-Typical

HA!!! \:D

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

#3073192 - 12/10/12 06:34 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: BSK]
Coach
16 Point

Loc: Pall Mall, TN and Dexter, MI

Originally Posted By: BSK
 Originally Posted By: jar
Yall are way over thinking this some people just want to close gun season for a few weeks to give the deer a break, even if there is no hunting at all for the 2 weeks. How could it be elitist anyway, just go buy a bow and bow hunt no one is stopping you

What if a I don't want to hunt with a bow?

Why do bow hunters think they deserve time to hunt when other hunters wanting to use other weapons can't?

Maybe think of it like this...baseball season, football season, basketball season, hockey season with a little overlap here and there. I'm thinking that you have some ulterior motive for being so flippant...especially, since you don't bow hunt...

Dean Business Supply, Llc

http://www.adam4d.com

#3073196 - 12/10/12 06:37 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: infoman jr.]
Coach
16 Point

Loc: Pall Mall, TN and Dexter, MI

Maybe someone with a sailboat?

Dean Business Supply, Llc

http://www.adam4d.com

#3073204 - 12/10/12 06:40 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: Coach]
BSK
Non-Typical

Yall are way over thinking this some people just want to close gun season for a few weeks to give the deer a break, even if there is no hunting at all for the 2 weeks. How could it be elitist anyway, just go buy a bow and bow hunt no one is stopping you

Why do bow hunters think they deserve time to hunt when other hunters wanting to use other weapons can't?

Maybe think of it like this...baseball season, football season, basketball season, hockey season with a little overlap here and there. I'm thinking that you have some ulterior motive for being so flippant...especially, since you don't bow hunt...

But if I want to play football during baseball season, and that does no harm, shouldn't I be allowed to?

Of course I'm being flippant on purpose! ;\)

But in all honesty, I do want bow hunters to realize they have no special "right" to a unique weapon season, and there is no valid argument for such a right.

#3073207 - 12/10/12 06:43 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: Coach]
Poser
Mud Dauber
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

content Online

Every so often, one of these leagues goes on strike, though. Since we are going down that road, maybe all the hunters who are believers in a mono-season should go on strike???

Wild & crazy, can't be stopped. Only the strong will survive.

Keep your knife sharp and your skillet greasy.

http://www.GoCarnivore.com

#3073309 - 12/10/12 07:38 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: Poser]
BowGuy84
10 Point

Loc: Nashville, TN and Louisville, ...

BSK, are you just upset bc you weren't better shooting live deer with a bow?

I kid, kinda.

I recognize the logic and agree with your argument, but I would be very sad if there was not a bow only season. Gun season brings out the crazys, and I can't imagine how little daylight rutting activity would be seen if it was open well in advance of the rut.

I'm fine being called selfish for that and don't deserve a lot of things I have in life, but I still enjoy them!

#3073334 - 12/10/12 07:53 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: BowGuy84]
deerhunter10
10 Point

Loc: maury county tn

No one ever said we had a right to bow hunt only but it is the fairest. Gun hunters put crazy amount of pressure on deer, so in reality i think it is fair for bow hunter's to have that month. And if someone doesn't want to hunt with a bow to have the woods "to themselves " then that's their fault they have no excuse to be unhappy that they hunt after the bow hunters. Everyone has a fair opportunity at every season. Bow hunters do not think they are better hunters nor our we selfish.

Page 3 of 13 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Tennessee Todd, Unicam, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
bootsinsand, bigun714, clh200, tlwilliams, Forvols
13179 Registered Users
Who's Online
112 registered (Tims, jmoreland, MUP, Deer Elvis, MFBAB, Tall, 17 invisible) and 126 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13179 Members
42 Forums
90967 Topics
1063052 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.044 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.