Tndeer Logo

Page 1 of 13 12345>Last »
Topic Options
#3072196 - 12/10/12 09:23 AM Elitism?? Really?
Coach
16 Point

Loc: Pall Mall, TN and Dexter, MI

I've been reading this in many posts lately especially from a few regulars...Elitism and bow hunters...I've never heard of such a thing. One post actually said there are only two reasons why most bowhunters bowhunt...that seems a little elite to me to tell me why I hunt...

Here's the deal....I bow hunt because it's bow season...I muzzleload hunt because it's muzzleload season and I rifle hunt because the book says it's that time of year again. Same for turkey and small game.

What in the world is it coming to when our discussions are about how one group feels superior to another? My family, buddies and I never heard of this...while that debate is going on, I think I'll go out and enjoy the woods, the squirrels and pesky crows...for that matter I may just enjoy all of God's creations while there...whether it's with a bow or not....

Dean Business Supply, Llc

http://www.adam4d.com

#3072225 - 12/10/12 09:37 AM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: Coach]
richmanbarbeque
16 Point

Loc: Middle, Tn

Coach,

As in politics if you really want to put someone on their heels attack with emotional words. Accusing bow hunters and calling them Elitists does exactly that. Democrats immediately scream race if they want to deter a debate from facts to emotion. I no longer allow emotions to dictate what I type because I know what the other person(s) are doing. Key? Bow hunters, don't take the bait.

Another thing is you will see more and more people start using the language of the person that has the most influence. People that don't think for themselves will start calling other people the same thing. take a look at the topic of hunting shows, once upon a time it wasn't popular to bash hunting shows but it sure is now with a few of the stronger influential people doing so.

#3072279 - 12/10/12 09:59 AM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: richmanbarbeque]
Poser
Mud Dauber
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

Originally Posted By: richmanbarbeque
Coach,

take a look at the topic of hunting shows, once upon a time it wasn't popular to bash hunting shows but it sure is now with a few of the stronger influential people doing so.

Not sure if I count as a "influential" member or not, but I sure do love me some hunting show bashing. You should hear my live satire at deer camp where I never miss an opportunity to turn a moment into satirical advertisement a las "hunting show". I can do it so well that they should pay me to write these shows (assuming the views of said shows would miss the parody aspect... which they most likely would if they are fans of said shows to begin with).

Wild & crazy, can't be stopped. Only the strong will survive.

Keep your knife sharp and your skillet greasy.

http://www.GoCarnivore.com

#3072447 - 12/10/12 11:56 AM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: Poser]
Coach
16 Point

Originally Posted By: Poser
 Originally Posted By: richmanbarbeque
Coach,

take a look at the topic of hunting shows, once upon a time it wasn't popular to bash hunting shows but it sure is now with a few of the stronger influential people doing so.

Not sure if I count as a "influential" member or not, but I sure do love me some hunting show bashing. You should hear my live satire at deer camp where I never miss an opportunity to turn a moment into satirical advertisement a las "hunting show". I can do it so well that they should pay me to write these shows (assuming the views of said shows would miss the parody aspect... which they most likely would if they are fans of said shows to begin with).

I actually do a routine like that at deer camp too! fun stuff

#3072501 - 12/10/12 12:32 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: Coach]
Hunter 257W
10 Point

Loc: Franklin County

I always thought bow hunters hunted with bows purely because they were crazy?! \:\) \:\)

Just joking!!! Bows are too range limited for me - I feel like I'm throwing rocks when I have a muzzle loader. But, like you, Coach, I hunt with what the season/law requires.

Seriusly though regarding bows, how do you guys that hunt early bow season stand the bugs? They eat me up that time of year just walking through the woods. I can't even imagine trying to sit still enough to deer hunt. Are there any bug repelants that don't spook deer? how do you do it?

#3072526 - 12/10/12 12:44 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: Hunter 257W]
cecil30-30
16 Point

Loc: Morgan Co

When I say bowhunters are eliteists,I don't mean all bowhunters.But there are a few who do have that "im a better hunter than you" mind set because they hunt with a bow.These bowhunters are complaining about "the orange army" or wishing they had more "bow only" time to hunt.. The list goes on.I too bow hunt,but don't consider myself a eliteist,and I wouldn't classify you as one either,but like I said,there are a select few on here that do have the mindset.

Ban Liberals!!! Save America!!!!

#3072552 - 12/10/12 01:01 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: ]
Rubberduck270
10 Point

Loc: Lawrence Co.

There's only one group that I consider myself an Elitist in: TNDeer.com

Where else can you find a thread on a guy hunting live in the rain and another (or 10) threads about what weapons we should be allowed to hunt with in the Great state of Tennessee. I think I'll start my own random thread just cause I wanna. Wonder how those Elitist bow hunters would feel about only being allowed to hunt with long bows, recurves, wooden shafts and hand made broad heads? If they wanted to do that I'd consider them pretty [censored] elite then.

#3072626 - 12/10/12 01:53 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: Coach]
Snake
16 Point

Loc: McMinn Co.Tennessee U.S.

content Online
 Originally Posted By: Coach
I've been reading this in many posts lately especially from a few regulars...Elitism and bow hunters...I've never heard of such a thing. One post actually said there are only two reasons why most bowhunters bowhunt...that seems a little elite to me to tell me why I hunt...

Here's the deal....I bow hunt because it's bow season...I muzzleload hunt because it's muzzleload season and I rifle hunt because the book says it's that time of year again. Same for turkey and small game.

What in the world is it coming to when our discussions are about how one group feels superior to another? My family, buddies and I never heard of this...while that debate is going on, I think I'll go out and enjoy the woods, the squirrels and pesky crows...for that matter I may just enjoy all of God's creations while there...whether it's with a bow or not....

I agree 100 % Coach !

#3072654 - 12/10/12 02:10 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: Hunter 257W]
Coach
16 Point

Originally Posted By: Hunter 257W
I always thought bow hunters hunted with bows purely because they were crazy?! \:\) \:\)

Just joking!!! Bows are too range limited for me - I feel like I'm throwing rocks when I have a muzzle loader. But, like you, Coach, I hunt with what the season/law requires.

Seriusly though regarding bows, how do you guys that hunt early bow season stand the bugs? They eat me up that time of year just walking through the woods. I can't even imagine trying to sit still enough to deer hunt. Are there any bug repelants that don't spook deer? how do you do it?

Thermocell...it's pretty amazing

#3072880 - 12/10/12 03:56 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: Coach]
BSK
Jerkasourous of the non-typical kind
Non-Typical

Loc: Nashville, TN

Originally Posted By: Coach
What in the world is it coming to when our discussions are about how one group feels superior to another?

Although I've read a few posts that reak of superiority, I don't think that is really the point. In fact, "elitism" probably isn't the right word. The right word is "selfishness." And by that I mean that many bow hunters don't want other hunters hunting during bow season simply because they don't want to share the woods with other hunters. In essence, their primary reason for bow-hunting is to get time in the woods with less competition from other hunters. I certainly don't begrudge them that desire. However, arguing vehemently that they somehow deserve that time alone in the woods is a problem. That's where the selfishness comes into play.

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

Page 1 of 13 12345>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Tennessee Todd, Unicam, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Mik475, AaronB, Bad Wolf, jw3783, Jesse91
13279 Registered Users
Who's Online
26 registered (scn, catman529, trevor2010, Dale3, DocFox, Vermin93, 5 invisible) and 76 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13279 Members
42 Forums
93197 Topics
1089385 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.135 seconds in which 0.006 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.