Tndeer Logo

Page 6 of 13 « First<45678>Last »
Topic Options
#3074498 - 12/11/12 02:31 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: Hunter 257W]
BlountArrow
10 Point

Loc: SouthEast Tenn

I'll bite...I enjoy being able to go into the woods and not have to wear blaze orange. As a matter of fact, that might be one of the things I enjoy most about bow season. But, no, I don't think I deserve anything. I'm just really fortunate I can take part in it. Hope it doesn't change.

#3074504 - 12/11/12 02:35 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: BSK]
woodsman87
8 Point

Loc: south TN

Originally Posted By: BSK
[quote=woodsman87]I also think, no science behind this that I know of, that it would be easier to kill deer during September with a rifle than with bow.

Sure it would be. So what? Deer would rapidly go nocturnal as a defense mechanism. Yes, there would be a big flurry of kills as soon as all-weapon season opened every year, but as long as those total harvest do no harm to the deer population over the long run, what's the problem (other than bow hunters no longer geting the woods to themselves)?

You have a good point there. Opening day would be huge kill #. but they would quickly become nocturnal and for the rest of the year it would be hard to kill any. So it probably would not hurt the population that bad, although I think that way more mature bucks would die on that first day each year. I am no deer biologist. I have no idea what this would do.

/quote]

#3074515 - 12/11/12 02:42 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: UTGrad]
BSK
Jerkasourous of the non-typical kind
Non-Typical

Loc: Nashville, TN

Originally Posted By: UTGrad
 Originally Posted By: Hunter 257W
I always thought bow hunters hunted with bows purely because they were crazy?! \:\) \:\)

Just joking!!! Bows are too range limited for me - I feel like I'm throwing rocks when I have a muzzle loader. But, like you, Coach, I hunt with what the season/law requires.

Seriusly though regarding bows, how do you guys that hunt early bow season stand the bugs? They eat me up that time of year just walking through the woods. I can't even imagine trying to sit still enough to deer hunt. Are there any bug repelants that don't spook deer? how do you do it?

There's something magical about being in stand late in the afternoon and the temps start to feel like fall instead of summer during early bow season. It's peaceful as long as the Thermacell is working lol

For bow hunters, I'll bet Thermacell has to be seen as one the greatest inventions of all time!

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

#3074545 - 12/11/12 03:04 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: BSK]
deerhunter10
10 Point

Loc: maury county tn

Oh the thermacell is freakin amazing!

#3074948 - 12/11/12 07:18 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: deerhunter10]
Coach
16 Point

Loc: Pall Mall, TN and Dexter, MI

Since this is my thread I guess I'll weigh in one more time....Fellas, there is a heart beat to everything we do...there's a heartbeat when we see that sun come up in the morning, a heartbeat when we see it go down....there's a heartbeat when we see that buck coming through the fog...or the snow floating down across the field or woods. Everything we do as hunters has a heartbeat...don't be fooled or tricked into thinking that there is any other reason for us being there. Logic? Reason? Common sense? Toss all of that out the window...forget the graphs, percentages and rut...It's the heartbeat that keeps you out there..

So forget the science and logic of it all and remember that first buck or first snowfall...or hunting with your grandfather or dad...Remember when you took your kid out for the first hunt or when you sat on your tailgate and shared a sandwich with him. You can trust me on this..There is no smarts but those smarts..

Dean Business Supply, Llc

http://www.adam4d.com

#3075415 - 12/12/12 07:32 AM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: Coach]
BSK
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: Coach
Logic? Reason? Common sense? Toss all of that out the window...forget the graphs, percentages...

WHAT!!!? Sacrilege!!! ;\)

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

#3075433 - 12/12/12 07:48 AM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: BSK]
Coach
16 Point

Logic? Reason? Common sense? Toss all of that out the window...forget the graphs, percentages...

Haha...can you do that thing where you squeeze the neck and the guy passes out BSK? Like Spock? \:D

#3075442 - 12/12/12 07:55 AM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: Coach]
BSK
Non-Typical

Haha...can you do that thing where you squeeze the neck and the guy passes out BSK? Like Spock? \:D

HA! Actually, a few friends used to call me "Data," as in the character from Star Trek Next Generation. I considered that an honor, as he was my favorite character from the show.

#3075449 - 12/12/12 07:59 AM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: BSK]
Coach
16 Point

HA! Actually, a few friends used to call me "Data," as in the character from Star Trek Next Generation. I considered that an honor, as he was my favorite character from the show.

#3076034 - 12/12/12 02:44 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: 7wsm]
WVBOWHUNTER
Spike

Loc: CLARKSVILLE, TN

We are elite because of the skills vs shooting a gun. Even a monkey could kill a deer with a gun. We are entitled to this season because 47% of us are takers. Selfish call it how u want it. Nothing is ever fair like paying taxes to support those who don't work. This season is a time where we don't have to wear orange and we dont have to worry about every knuckle heads bullet in his super high power semi auto tank stopping riffle whistling by us. But we are entitled cry babies. We just choose a weapon that makes it harder to kill a deer. Why complain if ur a gun hunter. You know that once our guns are gone you will have to join us. Bow hunting is here to stay. Really though its all about making money and exploiting hunters. Thats why u have to buy a permit to hunt wma. Lic for weapon that u use. Small and big game lic. Otherwise there is not a valid deserving reason we have bow season.
Page 6 of 13 « First<45678>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Tennessee Todd, Unicam, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck, gtk 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
yarddawg54, schiesser, bigdoc, Bggamehunter, willy2763
13605 Registered Users
Who's Online
7 registered (cozy23, alkiller, hillbill, grunt'n gator, 3 invisible) and 66 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13605 Members
43 Forums
100233 Topics
1180120 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.006 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.