Page 5 of 13 « First<34567>Last »
Topic Options
#3074099 - 12/11/12 10:45 AM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: Coach]
BSK
Jerkasourous of the non-typical kind
Non-Typical

Loc: Nashville, TN

Originally Posted By: Coach
Fellas, BSK took my own thread and told me what I "meant"...he keeps saying he's yanking your string, he admits to being an a-hole, flippant, rude....at what point will you have enough? haha

They'll keep it up until they finally realize their argument is unsupportable. At least the smart ones will. The rest will keep at it forever... ;\)

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

#3074100 - 12/11/12 10:45 AM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: 7wsm]
Wes Parrish
16 Point

Loc: Knoxville-Dover-Union City, TN

Originally Posted By: 7wsm
. . . . . for those who choose not to bow hunt but want to take a buck in velvet yo use choice of firearm to do that then everybody will be happy . . . . .

No, this would not be fair to everybody.
What about for those who want to take a buck after he's shed his antlers and before he grows new ones? Just to be fair to everyone, shouldn't we have an April deer season for those who want a fair shot a bucks with no antlers?

I mean, come on, we have a fall turkey season now!
Shouldn't we have a spring deer, just to be fair?

#3074192 - 12/11/12 11:51 AM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: BSK]
Coach
16 Point

Loc: Pall Mall, TN and Dexter, MI

Originally Posted By: BSK
Fellas, BSK took my own thread and told me what I "meant"...he keeps saying he's yanking your string, he admits to being an a-hole, flippant, rude....at what point will you have enough? haha

They'll keep it up until they finally realize their argument is unsupportable. At least the smart ones will. The rest will keep at it forever... ;\)

Yep..but...logically you are right it won't happen

Dean Business Supply, Llc

http://www.adam4d.com

#3074221 - 12/11/12 12:11 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: Coach]
7wsm
8 Point

Loc: Tennessee

i really like it the way it is i dont bow hunt but will gladly wait until the season of choice opens to hunt so if you bow hunt good luck on getting tha big buck never.i was never any good with a bow anyways .
 Originally Posted By: BSK

Yep..but...logically you are right it won't happen

#3074417 - 12/11/12 01:52 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: 7wsm]
woodsman87
8 Point

Loc: south TN

I like the way it is and I love to bow hunt but that is just becauase I like it and I think it is harder. I do not by any means at all think I am better than muzzleload or rifle hunters. I sometimes take the bow during gun because I feel like it.
I also think, no science behind this that I know of, that it would be easier to kill deer during September with a rifle than with bow. Think about this. The deer aren't pressured at all. Bucks are still somewhat in the summer patterns. I think it would be too easy to be fair to get your rifle, sit in a huge bean field or something where you have been seeing bucks almost daily, and shoot one. They are also not heavily feeding on the acorns yet. It is much more difficult to get close to where you have been seing them in these fields to shoot one with a bow. So I kind of see it as being unfair to the deer. Just my opinion though, nobody get worked up about it.

#3074425 - 12/11/12 01:57 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: woodsman87]
deerhunter10
10 Point

Loc: maury county tn

That's not fair at all EVERYONE does have an equal chance like it is now. Anyone can go buy a vow and hunt ANYONE can buy a ml if they want to hunt those two weeks. Everyone does have an equal opportunity at every season.

#3074441 - 12/11/12 02:06 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: woodsman87]
BSK
Jerkasourous of the non-typical kind
Non-Typical

Loc: Nashville, TN

Originally Posted By: woodsman87
I also think, no science behind this that I know of, that it would be easier to kill deer during September with a rifle than with bow.

Sure it would be. So what? Deer would rapidly go nocturnal as a defense mechanism. Yes, there would be a big flurry of kills as soon as all-weapon season opened every year, but as long as those total harvest do no harm to the deer population over the long run, what's the problem (other than bow hunters no longer geting the woods to themselves)?

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

#3074472 - 12/11/12 02:19 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: diamond hunter]
Hunter 257W
10 Point

Loc: Franklin County

Originally Posted By: diamond hunter
We need a 2 buck,4 doe season,any weapon from Oct1st to Jan 31st. Only 1 buck can be tagged from Oct1-Nov31 and 1 from Dec1st to the end. Only 2 does in each of the segments as well. If you need more deer to eat,buy another license and take that person hunting,or have some more kids. \:D

I'd sign up for that.

#3074483 - 12/11/12 02:24 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: Hunter 257W]
UTGrad
16 Point

Loc: Franklin, TN

Originally Posted By: Hunter 257W
I always thought bow hunters hunted with bows purely because they were crazy?! \:\) \:\)

Just joking!!! Bows are too range limited for me - I feel like I'm throwing rocks when I have a muzzle loader. But, like you, Coach, I hunt with what the season/law requires.

Seriusly though regarding bows, how do you guys that hunt early bow season stand the bugs? They eat me up that time of year just walking through the woods. I can't even imagine trying to sit still enough to deer hunt. Are there any bug repelants that don't spook deer? how do you do it?

There's something magical about being in stand late in the afternoon and the temps start to feel like fall instead of summer during early bow season. It's peaceful as long as the Thermacell is working lol

#3074484 - 12/11/12 02:25 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: Hunter 257W]
Hunter 257W
10 Point

Loc: Franklin County

Originally Posted By: Hunter 257W
 Originally Posted By: diamond hunter
We need a 2 buck,4 doe season,any weapon from Oct1st to Jan 31st. Only 1 buck can be tagged from Oct1-Nov31 and 1 from Dec1st to the end. Only 2 does in each of the segments as well. If you need more deer to eat,buy another license and take that person hunting,or have some more kids. \:D

I'd sign up for that.

Wait a minute....too danged hot in October for me no matter what weapon. Oh well. ;\)

Page 5 of 13 « First<34567>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Tennessee Todd, Unicam, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck, gtk 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
yarddawg54, schiesser, bigdoc, Bggamehunter, willy2763
13605 Registered Users
Who's Online
1 registered (Daniel Willoughby) and 57 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13605 Members
43 Forums
100233 Topics
1180122 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.007 seconds in which 0.003 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.