Tndeer Logo

Page all of 13 12345>Last »
Topic Options
#3072196 - 12/10/12 09:23 AM Elitism?? Really?
Coach
16 Point

Loc: Pall Mall, TN and Dexter, MI

I've been reading this in many posts lately especially from a few regulars...Elitism and bow hunters...I've never heard of such a thing. One post actually said there are only two reasons why most bowhunters bowhunt...that seems a little elite to me to tell me why I hunt...

Here's the deal....I bow hunt because it's bow season...I muzzleload hunt because it's muzzleload season and I rifle hunt because the book says it's that time of year again. Same for turkey and small game.

What in the world is it coming to when our discussions are about how one group feels superior to another? My family, buddies and I never heard of this...while that debate is going on, I think I'll go out and enjoy the woods, the squirrels and pesky crows...for that matter I may just enjoy all of God's creations while there...whether it's with a bow or not....

Dean Business Supply, Llc

http://www.adam4d.com

#3072225 - 12/10/12 09:37 AM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: Coach]
richmanbarbeque
16 Point

Loc: Middle, Tn

Coach,

As in politics if you really want to put someone on their heels attack with emotional words. Accusing bow hunters and calling them Elitists does exactly that. Democrats immediately scream race if they want to deter a debate from facts to emotion. I no longer allow emotions to dictate what I type because I know what the other person(s) are doing. Key? Bow hunters, don't take the bait.

Another thing is you will see more and more people start using the language of the person that has the most influence. People that don't think for themselves will start calling other people the same thing. take a look at the topic of hunting shows, once upon a time it wasn't popular to bash hunting shows but it sure is now with a few of the stronger influential people doing so.

#3072279 - 12/10/12 09:59 AM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: richmanbarbeque]
Poser
Mud Dauber
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

content Online
 Originally Posted By: richmanbarbeque
Coach,

take a look at the topic of hunting shows, once upon a time it wasn't popular to bash hunting shows but it sure is now with a few of the stronger influential people doing so.

Not sure if I count as a "influential" member or not, but I sure do love me some hunting show bashing. You should hear my live satire at deer camp where I never miss an opportunity to turn a moment into satirical advertisement a las "hunting show". I can do it so well that they should pay me to write these shows (assuming the views of said shows would miss the parody aspect... which they most likely would if they are fans of said shows to begin with).

Wild & crazy, can't be stopped. Only the strong will survive.

Keep your knife sharp and your skillet greasy.

http://www.GoCarnivore.com

#3072447 - 12/10/12 11:56 AM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: Poser]
Coach
16 Point

Originally Posted By: Poser
 Originally Posted By: richmanbarbeque
Coach,

take a look at the topic of hunting shows, once upon a time it wasn't popular to bash hunting shows but it sure is now with a few of the stronger influential people doing so.

Not sure if I count as a "influential" member or not, but I sure do love me some hunting show bashing. You should hear my live satire at deer camp where I never miss an opportunity to turn a moment into satirical advertisement a las "hunting show". I can do it so well that they should pay me to write these shows (assuming the views of said shows would miss the parody aspect... which they most likely would if they are fans of said shows to begin with).

I actually do a routine like that at deer camp too! fun stuff

#3072501 - 12/10/12 12:32 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: Coach]
Hunter 257W
10 Point

Loc: Franklin County

I always thought bow hunters hunted with bows purely because they were crazy?! \:\) \:\)

Just joking!!! Bows are too range limited for me - I feel like I'm throwing rocks when I have a muzzle loader. But, like you, Coach, I hunt with what the season/law requires.

Seriusly though regarding bows, how do you guys that hunt early bow season stand the bugs? They eat me up that time of year just walking through the woods. I can't even imagine trying to sit still enough to deer hunt. Are there any bug repelants that don't spook deer? how do you do it?

#3072526 - 12/10/12 12:44 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: Hunter 257W]
cecil30-30
16 Point

Loc: Morgan Co

When I say bowhunters are eliteists,I don't mean all bowhunters.But there are a few who do have that "im a better hunter than you" mind set because they hunt with a bow.These bowhunters are complaining about "the orange army" or wishing they had more "bow only" time to hunt.. The list goes on.I too bow hunt,but don't consider myself a eliteist,and I wouldn't classify you as one either,but like I said,there are a select few on here that do have the mindset.

Ban Liberals!!! Save America!!!!

#3072552 - 12/10/12 01:01 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: ]
Happy Birthday Rubberduck270
10 Point

Loc: Lawrence Co.

content Online
There's only one group that I consider myself an Elitist in: TNDeer.com

Where else can you find a thread on a guy hunting live in the rain and another (or 10) threads about what weapons we should be allowed to hunt with in the Great state of Tennessee. I think I'll start my own random thread just cause I wanna. Wonder how those Elitist bow hunters would feel about only being allowed to hunt with long bows, recurves, wooden shafts and hand made broad heads? If they wanted to do that I'd consider them pretty [censored] elite then.

#3072626 - 12/10/12 01:53 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: Coach]
Snake
16 Point

Loc: McMinn Co.Tennessee U.S.

Originally Posted By: Coach
I've been reading this in many posts lately especially from a few regulars...Elitism and bow hunters...I've never heard of such a thing. One post actually said there are only two reasons why most bowhunters bowhunt...that seems a little elite to me to tell me why I hunt...

Here's the deal....I bow hunt because it's bow season...I muzzleload hunt because it's muzzleload season and I rifle hunt because the book says it's that time of year again. Same for turkey and small game.

What in the world is it coming to when our discussions are about how one group feels superior to another? My family, buddies and I never heard of this...while that debate is going on, I think I'll go out and enjoy the woods, the squirrels and pesky crows...for that matter I may just enjoy all of God's creations while there...whether it's with a bow or not....

I agree 100 % Coach !

#3072654 - 12/10/12 02:10 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: Hunter 257W]
Coach
16 Point

Originally Posted By: Hunter 257W
I always thought bow hunters hunted with bows purely because they were crazy?! \:\) \:\)

Just joking!!! Bows are too range limited for me - I feel like I'm throwing rocks when I have a muzzle loader. But, like you, Coach, I hunt with what the season/law requires.

Seriusly though regarding bows, how do you guys that hunt early bow season stand the bugs? They eat me up that time of year just walking through the woods. I can't even imagine trying to sit still enough to deer hunt. Are there any bug repelants that don't spook deer? how do you do it?

Thermocell...it's pretty amazing

#3072880 - 12/10/12 03:56 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: Coach]
BSK
Jerkasourous of the non-typical kind
Non-Typical

Loc: Nashville, TN

What in the world is it coming to when our discussions are about how one group feels superior to another?

Although I've read a few posts that reak of superiority, I don't think that is really the point. In fact, "elitism" probably isn't the right word. The right word is "selfishness." And by that I mean that many bow hunters don't want other hunters hunting during bow season simply because they don't want to share the woods with other hunters. In essence, their primary reason for bow-hunting is to get time in the woods with less competition from other hunters. I certainly don't begrudge them that desire. However, arguing vehemently that they somehow deserve that time alone in the woods is a problem. That's where the selfishness comes into play.

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

#3072943 - 12/10/12 04:34 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: BSK]
Wes Parrish
16 Point

Loc: Knoxville-Dover-Union City, TN

It seems to me most discussions on TNdeer.com are pretty civil, and we'll never totally agree on much anything.

So I'll have to disagree with what BSK just said by "fixing" it to be in the context of us bowhunters already getting the "first opportunity" and that opportunity lasting over a month before anyone gets any opportunity with a firearm. \:\)
In this context . . . . . .

Originally Posted By: BSK
In essence, their primary reason for bow-hunting is to get time in the woods with less competition from other hunters. I certainly don't begrudge them that desire. However, arguing vehemently that they somehow deserve yet MORE exclusive time alone in the woods is a problem. That's where the selfishness comes into play.

Fixed it for you, BSK.

I like our current season segments, i.e. archery, muzzleloader, gun. Good balance for all.

#3072985 - 12/10/12 04:52 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: Wes Parrish]
BSK
Non-Typical

Thanks Wes! ;\)

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

#3072988 - 12/10/12 04:52 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: BSK]
Coach
16 Point

What in the world is it coming to when our discussions are about how one group feels superior to another?

Although I've read a few posts that reak of superiority, I don't think that is really the point. In fact, "elitism" probably isn't the right word. The right word is "selfishness." And by that I mean that many bow hunters don't want other hunters hunting during bow season simply because they don't want to share the woods with other hunters. In essence, their primary reason for bow-hunting is to get time in the woods with less competition from other hunters. I certainly don't begrudge them that desire. However, arguing vehemently that they somehow deserve that time alone in the woods is a problem. That's where the selfishness comes into play.

It's also possible that bowhunters have/need to have their quarry closer in order to be able to get an ethical shot...and having more hunters in the woods may possibly hamper that effort. Like I stated, I hunt with all three and enjoy all three very much but I also hunt private land only. I'm thinking of hunting with a camera and puttin' the dis on weapon hunters.. ;\)

#3073024 - 12/10/12 05:15 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: Coach]
BSK
Non-Typical

It's also possible that bowhunters have/need to have their quarry closer in order to be able to get an ethical shot...and having more hunters in the woods may possibly hamper that effort.

And if it does, so what? Everyone having the same opportunity to hunt the same number of days, with their weapon of choice, is fair. If you want to challenge yourself by using a bow, then accept the challenge, and everything that goes with it (like needing to get closer to your quary and the fact other hunters may hamper that effort).

#3073050 - 12/10/12 05:27 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: BSK]
jar
4 Point

Loc: tn, rutherford county

Yall are way over thinking this some people just want to close gun season for a few weeks to give the deer a break, even if there is no hunting at all for the 2 weeks. How could it be elitist anyway, just go buy a bow and bow hunt no one is stopping you
#3073054 - 12/10/12 05:28 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: BSK]
Wes Parrish
16 Point

If you want to challenge yourself by using a bow, then accept the challenge, and everything that goes with it (like needing to get closer to your quarry and the fact other hunters may hamper that effort).

I agree.
Other hunters don't "owe" special homage to someone just because he CHOOSES to use a less effective weapon.

Originally Posted By: jar
. . . . . some people just want to close gun season for a few weeks to give the deer a break, even if there is no hunting at all for the 2 weeks.

But MOST hunters don't.
Most just want to know the rules, so they can go hunting without worrying about accidentally breaking the law.

. . . . just go buy a bow and bow hunt no one is stopping you

Likewise, if you want no hunting for a couple weeks during November, just stop hunting. \:\)

Oh, what I would have given to have had our current season segments when I was doing lots of deer hunting back in the 70's and 80's. Back when archery season ended October 31, and didn't re-open. Back when there was no muzzleloader season. It was mostly just "deer" season in late November, although there were few deer compared to today. I did bowhunt a lot in October, and the "modern" bows of that day are now antiquated.

We even had a 1-buck limit in TN when I started deer hunting back in the bad "good" old days! \:D

IMO, we have it great today with our current season segments in TN, regardless of which weapons we prefer to use while deer hunting.

#3073104 - 12/10/12 05:50 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: Wes Parrish]
JCDEERMAN
14 Point

Loc: NASHVILLE, TN

content Online
I can't stand the arguing on the subject either. I LOVE to bow hunt, but CAN'T WAIT to get a gun in my hand! I wouldn't argue anything unless they tried to shorten the time I could have a gun ;\)

In God we trust

God bless the USA!

#3073134 - 12/10/12 06:10 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: BSK]
Coach
16 Point

It's also possible that bowhunters have/need to have their quarry closer in order to be able to get an ethical shot...and having more hunters in the woods may possibly hamper that effort.

And if it does, so what? Everyone having the same opportunity to hunt the same number of days, with their weapon of choice, is fair. If you want to challenge yourself by using a bow, then accept the challenge, and everything that goes with it (like needing to get closer to your quary and the fact other hunters may hamper that effort).

The main point of my thread is all the elitism comments about bowhunters and the fact I have never heard of it before nor has any of my hunting buddies. I disagree with you BSK but not enough to debate it. I hunt all private land and if you come on my land in your orange during bow season disturbing my hunt I'd have more to say I guess...By the way, do you bow hunt? ;\)

#3073148 - 12/10/12 06:14 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: Coach]
Wes Parrish
16 Point

Just to interject more info (if it's true), is it true that many deer hunters cannot legally deer hunt with a firearm in Tennessee during gun season, but can with a bow?
#3073167 - 12/10/12 06:23 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: jar]
BSK
Non-Typical

Yall are way over thinking this some people just want to close gun season for a few weeks to give the deer a break, even if there is no hunting at all for the 2 weeks. How could it be elitist anyway, just go buy a bow and bow hunt no one is stopping you

What if a I don't want to hunt with a bow?

Why do bow hunters think they deserve time to hunt when other hunters wanting to use other weapons can't?

#3073177 - 12/10/12 06:27 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: Wes Parrish]
infoman jr.
10 Point

Loc: Elizabethtown, KY

content Online
I think we need an unbiased opinion. Any fly fishermen or bird dog owners on the board?

#3073182 - 12/10/12 06:29 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: infoman jr.]
Poser
Mud Dauber
16 Point

content Online
 Originally Posted By: infoman jr.
I think we need an unbiased opinion. Any fly fishermen or bird dog owners on the board?

\:D

#3073184 - 12/10/12 06:29 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: Coach]
BSK
Non-Typical

The main point of my thread is all the elitism comments about bowhunters and the fact I have never heard of it before nor has any of my hunting buddies.

That's because no one has ever forced to look in the mirror and realize bow hunters don't deserve time in the woods alone. They currently have that, but they certainly don't deserve it, and I see no reason to preserve that if more hunting time could be given to more hunters without doing harm to the deer population (although that is a question that would have to be biologically answered first).

Quote:
I disagree with you BSK but not enough to debate it.

Why would you want to? Those arguing for a bow season don't have a logical leg to stand on. It's a no-win argument.

Quote:
By the way, do you bow hunt? ;\)

I used to bow hunt almost exclusively. I would put in well over 100 hours of treestand time during bow season, and then maybe 20-25 during MZ/gun season.

#3073188 - 12/10/12 06:31 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: infoman jr.]
BSK
Non-Typical

HA!!! \:D

#3073192 - 12/10/12 06:34 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: BSK]
Coach
16 Point

Why do bow hunters think they deserve time to hunt when other hunters wanting to use other weapons can't?

Maybe think of it like this...baseball season, football season, basketball season, hockey season with a little overlap here and there. I'm thinking that you have some ulterior motive for being so flippant...especially, since you don't bow hunt...

#3073196 - 12/10/12 06:37 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: infoman jr.]
Coach
16 Point

Maybe someone with a sailboat?

#3073204 - 12/10/12 06:40 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: Coach]
BSK
Non-Typical

Maybe think of it like this...baseball season, football season, basketball season, hockey season with a little overlap here and there. I'm thinking that you have some ulterior motive for being so flippant...especially, since you don't bow hunt...

But if I want to play football during baseball season, and that does no harm, shouldn't I be allowed to?

Of course I'm being flippant on purpose! ;\)

But in all honesty, I do want bow hunters to realize they have no special "right" to a unique weapon season, and there is no valid argument for such a right.

#3073207 - 12/10/12 06:43 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: Coach]
Poser
Mud Dauber
16 Point

content Online

Every so often, one of these leagues goes on strike, though. Since we are going down that road, maybe all the hunters who are believers in a mono-season should go on strike???

#3073309 - 12/10/12 07:38 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: Poser]
BowGuy84
10 Point

Loc: Nashville, TN and Louisville, ...

BSK, are you just upset bc you weren't better shooting live deer with a bow?

I kid, kinda.

I recognize the logic and agree with your argument, but I would be very sad if there was not a bow only season. Gun season brings out the crazys, and I can't imagine how little daylight rutting activity would be seen if it was open well in advance of the rut.

I'm fine being called selfish for that and don't deserve a lot of things I have in life, but I still enjoy them!

#3073334 - 12/10/12 07:53 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: BowGuy84]
deerhunter10
10 Point

Loc: maury county tn

No one ever said we had a right to bow hunt only but it is the fairest. Gun hunters put crazy amount of pressure on deer, so in reality i think it is fair for bow hunter's to have that month. And if someone doesn't want to hunt with a bow to have the woods "to themselves " then that's their fault they have no excuse to be unhappy that they hunt after the bow hunters. Everyone has a fair opportunity at every season. Bow hunters do not think they are better hunters nor our we selfish.

#3073391 - 12/10/12 08:28 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: deerhunter10]
waynesworld
8 Point

Loc: Mboro, Tennessee

I think you may have to look at the impact that having one season if they did that you might get one more week of hunting guns. Then the other question is are you ready to pay more for the gun lisc? The would have to make up for the loss revenue. Also you would see a loss in the sporting goods sales in tn. While I am sure some would still hunt with bows but the numbers would drop a lot.

If put in charge I would not change the season but personally I would rather have all gun season open from Aug and close some time in Apr. But that is why they don't do what we want but what is best for the deer and to try to satisfy as meany as they can.

#3073512 - 12/10/12 09:14 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: waynesworld]
diamond hunter
6 Point

Loc: Goodlettsville Tennessee USA

We need a 2 buck,4 doe season,any weapon from Oct1st to Jan 31st. Only 1 buck can be tagged from Oct1-Nov31 and 1 from Dec1st to the end. Only 2 does in each of the segments as well. If you need more deer to eat,buy another license and take that person hunting,or have some more kids. \:D

#3073596 - 12/10/12 10:13 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: infoman jr.]
Vermin93
12 Point

Loc: Dallas, TX & Signal Mtn, TN

Yes, I flyfish saltwater. I've fished it all with every type of gear and I can offcialiy confirm that's the best there is. I'm also a new bow hunter with one bow kill. I'm feeling pretty darn elite these days, although I have no interest in dogs or birds except for turkeys. My unbiased opinion is that bow season is pretty darn close to being a right without actually being one. Glad I could help settle that.

#3073883 - 12/11/12 07:53 AM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: BowGuy84]
BSK
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: BowGuy84
BSK, are you just upset bc you weren't better shooting live deer with a bow?

I kid, kinda.

Naaa, I'm not even really advocating a three month any-weapon season. I'm just trying to get bow hunters to think, and realize they have no special right to a unique hunting season before everybody else. They should be very lucky to have what they have. Some Southeastern states have very little in the way of a bow season.

Quote:
I recognize the logic and agree with your argument, but I would be very sad if there was not a bow only season. Gun season brings out the crazys, and I can't imagine how little daylight rutting activity would be seen if it was open well in advance of the rut.

But hunters in some parts of the state already deal with that. Their peak breeding is in mid-December, yet gun season opens a month before that. The deer (and especially the bucks) have been shot at with guns for almost a month before the rut kicks in. Those of us with a rut close to the gun opener are very lucky.

Quote:
I'm fine being called selfish for that and don't deserve a lot of things I have in life, but I still enjoy them!

Hey, at least your honest enough to admit it! I can appreciate that. I just think it's too funny how some will believe that "because I don't want to hunt with other hunters" is somehow a defensible reason for a special season.

#3073885 - 12/11/12 07:55 AM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: deerhunter10]
BSK
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: deerhunter10
No one ever said we had a right to bow hunt only but it is the fairest.

HA! You've got to be kidding me...

Once again, "reason and logic" are often in very short supply these days.

#3073889 - 12/11/12 07:57 AM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: waynesworld]
BSK
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: waynesworld
Then the other question is are you ready to pay more for the gun lisc? The would have to make up for the loss revenue. Also you would see a loss in the sporting goods sales in tn. While I am sure some would still hunt with bows but the numbers would drop a lot.

All of those would be very valid concerns.

#3073945 - 12/11/12 08:49 AM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: BSK]
deerhunter10
10 Point

How is it not the fairest for bow hunters to hunt from first?? There is more gun hunters then bow so it puts a ton of pressure on deer if it were just an all weapon season or if gun hunters hunted first. I am not saying that we deserve it but it is the fairest. And it gives the bow hunters more of a chance of killing a deer, before ww3 starts. Obviously if the majority of the people didn't agree with how it was set up it would had done changed.

#3074013 - 12/11/12 09:36 AM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: Coach]
Coach
16 Point

Fellas, BSK took my own thread and told me what I "meant"...he keeps saying he's yanking your string, he admits to being an a-hole, flippant, rude....at what point will you have enough? haha

#3074058 - 12/11/12 10:12 AM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: Coach]
7wsm
8 Point

i say to be fair about it have 2 weeks before muzzy season opens for those who choose not to bow hunt but want to take a buck in velvet yo use choice of firearm to do that then everybody will be happy but the bow hunters one again .just a thought after all fair is fair right or not
#3074096 - 12/11/12 10:43 AM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: deerhunter10]
BSK
Non-Typical

How is it not the fairest for bow hunters to hunt from first??

"Fair" is everybody getting the same thing--hunting the same number of days with their personal weapon of choice.

Quote:
There is more gun hunters then bow so it puts a ton of pressure on deer if it were just an all weapon season or if gun hunters hunted first.

So what if it puts more pressure on the deer? Do bow hunters think they have some right to hunting unpressured deer? They have no such right.

#3074099 - 12/11/12 10:45 AM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: Coach]
BSK
Non-Typical

Fellas, BSK took my own thread and told me what I "meant"...he keeps saying he's yanking your string, he admits to being an a-hole, flippant, rude....at what point will you have enough? haha

They'll keep it up until they finally realize their argument is unsupportable. At least the smart ones will. The rest will keep at it forever... ;\)

#3074100 - 12/11/12 10:45 AM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: 7wsm]
Wes Parrish
16 Point

Originally Posted By: 7wsm
. . . . . for those who choose not to bow hunt but want to take a buck in velvet yo use choice of firearm to do that then everybody will be happy . . . . .

No, this would not be fair to everybody.
What about for those who want to take a buck after he's shed his antlers and before he grows new ones? Just to be fair to everyone, shouldn't we have an April deer season for those who want a fair shot a bucks with no antlers?

I mean, come on, we have a fall turkey season now!
Shouldn't we have a spring deer, just to be fair?

#3074192 - 12/11/12 11:51 AM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: BSK]
Coach
16 Point

They'll keep it up until they finally realize their argument is unsupportable. At least the smart ones will. The rest will keep at it forever... ;\)

Yep..but...logically you are right it won't happen

#3074221 - 12/11/12 12:11 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: Coach]
7wsm
8 Point

i really like it the way it is i dont bow hunt but will gladly wait until the season of choice opens to hunt so if you bow hunt good luck on getting tha big buck never.i was never any good with a bow anyways .

Yep..but...logically you are right it won't happen

#3074417 - 12/11/12 01:52 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: 7wsm]
woodsman87
8 Point

Loc: south TN

I like the way it is and I love to bow hunt but that is just becauase I like it and I think it is harder. I do not by any means at all think I am better than muzzleload or rifle hunters. I sometimes take the bow during gun because I feel like it.
I also think, no science behind this that I know of, that it would be easier to kill deer during September with a rifle than with bow. Think about this. The deer aren't pressured at all. Bucks are still somewhat in the summer patterns. I think it would be too easy to be fair to get your rifle, sit in a huge bean field or something where you have been seeing bucks almost daily, and shoot one. They are also not heavily feeding on the acorns yet. It is much more difficult to get close to where you have been seing them in these fields to shoot one with a bow. So I kind of see it as being unfair to the deer. Just my opinion though, nobody get worked up about it.

#3074425 - 12/11/12 01:57 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: woodsman87]
deerhunter10
10 Point

That's not fair at all EVERYONE does have an equal chance like it is now. Anyone can go buy a vow and hunt ANYONE can buy a ml if they want to hunt those two weeks. Everyone does have an equal opportunity at every season.

#3074441 - 12/11/12 02:06 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: woodsman87]
BSK
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: woodsman87
I also think, no science behind this that I know of, that it would be easier to kill deer during September with a rifle than with bow.

Sure it would be. So what? Deer would rapidly go nocturnal as a defense mechanism. Yes, there would be a big flurry of kills as soon as all-weapon season opened every year, but as long as those total harvest do no harm to the deer population over the long run, what's the problem (other than bow hunters no longer geting the woods to themselves)?

#3074472 - 12/11/12 02:19 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: diamond hunter]
Hunter 257W
10 Point

Originally Posted By: diamond hunter
We need a 2 buck,4 doe season,any weapon from Oct1st to Jan 31st. Only 1 buck can be tagged from Oct1-Nov31 and 1 from Dec1st to the end. Only 2 does in each of the segments as well. If you need more deer to eat,buy another license and take that person hunting,or have some more kids. \:D

I'd sign up for that.

#3074483 - 12/11/12 02:24 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: Hunter 257W]
UTGrad
14 Point

Loc: Franklin, TN

There's something magical about being in stand late in the afternoon and the temps start to feel like fall instead of summer during early bow season. It's peaceful as long as the Thermacell is working lol

#3074484 - 12/11/12 02:25 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: Hunter 257W]
Hunter 257W
10 Point

Originally Posted By: diamond hunter

I'd sign up for that.

Wait a minute....too danged hot in October for me no matter what weapon. Oh well. ;\)

#3074498 - 12/11/12 02:31 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: Hunter 257W]
BlountArrow
10 Point

Loc: SouthEast Tenn

content Online
I'll bite...I enjoy being able to go into the woods and not have to wear blaze orange. As a matter of fact, that might be one of the things I enjoy most about bow season. But, no, I don't think I deserve anything. I'm just really fortunate I can take part in it. Hope it doesn't change.

#3074504 - 12/11/12 02:35 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: BSK]
woodsman87
8 Point

Loc: south TN

[quote=woodsman87]I also think, no science behind this that I know of, that it would be easier to kill deer during September with a rifle than with bow.

Sure it would be. So what? Deer would rapidly go nocturnal as a defense mechanism. Yes, there would be a big flurry of kills as soon as all-weapon season opened every year, but as long as those total harvest do no harm to the deer population over the long run, what's the problem (other than bow hunters no longer geting the woods to themselves)?

You have a good point there. Opening day would be huge kill #. but they would quickly become nocturnal and for the rest of the year it would be hard to kill any. So it probably would not hurt the population that bad, although I think that way more mature bucks would die on that first day each year. I am no deer biologist. I have no idea what this would do.

/quote]

#3074515 - 12/11/12 02:42 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: UTGrad]
BSK
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: UTGrad

There's something magical about being in stand late in the afternoon and the temps start to feel like fall instead of summer during early bow season. It's peaceful as long as the Thermacell is working lol

For bow hunters, I'll bet Thermacell has to be seen as one the greatest inventions of all time!

#3074545 - 12/11/12 03:04 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: BSK]
deerhunter10
10 Point

Oh the thermacell is freakin amazing!

#3074948 - 12/11/12 07:18 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: deerhunter10]
Coach
16 Point

Since this is my thread I guess I'll weigh in one more time....Fellas, there is a heart beat to everything we do...there's a heartbeat when we see that sun come up in the morning, a heartbeat when we see it go down....there's a heartbeat when we see that buck coming through the fog...or the snow floating down across the field or woods. Everything we do as hunters has a heartbeat...don't be fooled or tricked into thinking that there is any other reason for us being there. Logic? Reason? Common sense? Toss all of that out the window...forget the graphs, percentages and rut...It's the heartbeat that keeps you out there..

So forget the science and logic of it all and remember that first buck or first snowfall...or hunting with your grandfather or dad...Remember when you took your kid out for the first hunt or when you sat on your tailgate and shared a sandwich with him. You can trust me on this..There is no smarts but those smarts..

#3075415 - 12/12/12 07:32 AM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: Coach]
BSK
Non-Typical

Logic? Reason? Common sense? Toss all of that out the window...forget the graphs, percentages...

WHAT!!!? Sacrilege!!! ;\)

#3075433 - 12/12/12 07:48 AM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: BSK]
Coach
16 Point

Logic? Reason? Common sense? Toss all of that out the window...forget the graphs, percentages...

Haha...can you do that thing where you squeeze the neck and the guy passes out BSK? Like Spock? \:D

#3075442 - 12/12/12 07:55 AM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: Coach]
BSK
Non-Typical

Haha...can you do that thing where you squeeze the neck and the guy passes out BSK? Like Spock? \:D

HA! Actually, a few friends used to call me "Data," as in the character from Star Trek Next Generation. I considered that an honor, as he was my favorite character from the show.

#3075449 - 12/12/12 07:59 AM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: BSK]
Coach
16 Point

HA! Actually, a few friends used to call me "Data," as in the character from Star Trek Next Generation. I considered that an honor, as he was my favorite character from the show.

#3076034 - 12/12/12 02:44 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: 7wsm]
WVBOWHUNTER
Spike

Loc: CLARKSVILLE, TN

We are elite because of the skills vs shooting a gun. Even a monkey could kill a deer with a gun. We are entitled to this season because 47% of us are takers. Selfish call it how u want it. Nothing is ever fair like paying taxes to support those who don't work. This season is a time where we don't have to wear orange and we dont have to worry about every knuckle heads bullet in his super high power semi auto tank stopping riffle whistling by us. But we are entitled cry babies. We just choose a weapon that makes it harder to kill a deer. Why complain if ur a gun hunter. You know that once our guns are gone you will have to join us. Bow hunting is here to stay. Really though its all about making money and exploiting hunters. Thats why u have to buy a permit to hunt wma. Lic for weapon that u use. Small and big game lic. Otherwise there is not a valid deserving reason we have bow season.
#3076086 - 12/12/12 03:16 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: WVBOWHUNTER]
in the dog house!
14 Point

Loc: west tn

content Online
The wma permit fund go to support the wma and if not for that it wouldn't be there to hunt. All funds from permits go are ear marked for wildlife. I gladly buy mine and am greatful we have the TWRA to manage our outdoors.........

Common sense sure isn't that common !!

Μολων λαβε

#3076155 - 12/12/12 03:59 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: WVBOWHUNTER]
BSK
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: WVBOWHUNTER
We are elite because of the skills vs shooting a gun. Even a monkey could kill a deer with a gun.

Selfish call it how u want it

OK, I will. Selfish and Elitist! ;\)

#3076184 - 12/12/12 04:19 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: UTGrad]
timberjack86
14 Point

Loc: Grundy county

happy Online
 Originally Posted By: UTGrad

Hand me a muzzleloader and it would be perfect \:D

#3076222 - 12/12/12 04:40 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: timberjack86]
BSK
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: timberjack86
Hand me a muzzleloader and it would be perfect \:D

HA! I like that!

#3076223 - 12/12/12 04:41 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: WVBOWHUNTER]
Mr.Bro
10 Point

Loc: Hendersonville Tn.

We are elite because of the skills vs shooting a gun. Even a monkey could kill a deer with a gun. We are entitled to this season because 47% of us are takers. Selfish call it how u want it. Nothing is ever fair like paying taxes to support those who don't work. This season is a time where we don't have to wear orange and we dont have to worry about every knuckle heads bullet in his super high power semi auto tank stopping riffle whistling by us. But we are entitled cry babies. We just choose a weapon that makes it harder to kill a deer. Why complain if ur a gun hunter. You know that once our guns are gone you will have to join us. Bow hunting is here to stay. Really though its all about making money and exploiting hunters. Thats why u have to buy a permit to hunt wma. Lic for weapon that u use. Small and big game lic. Otherwise there is not a valid deserving reason we have bow season.

Warning,Warning,Warning!
This is not the beliefs of most bowhunters.

#3076230 - 12/12/12 04:43 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: Mr.Bro]
BSK
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: Mr.Bro

Warning,Warning,Warning!
This is not the beliefs of most bowhunters.

Unfortunately, it IS the beliefs of a VERY vocal minority of bow-hunters. Let's just hope it is a tiny minority. I believe--at least I hope--the majority of bow hunters understand the deer woods are for everybody, and what benefits the most huntersis good for deer hunting.

#3076239 - 12/12/12 04:51 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: BSK]
deerhunter10
10 Point

This is getting ridiculous. The seasons are perfectly fine the way they are. Bow hunter's get their month gun hunter's get the best month of the year. Twra is doing a great job so let them do there job and everyone else just hunt. If yal don't like it move it's that simple.

#3076274 - 12/12/12 05:12 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: deerhunter10]
TeamMainStreet
8 Point

Loc: Union County,Tn

I think the gun hunters are the ones getting screwed on the whole deal. Bow hunters can hunt with their sticks from day one till the last day if they want to. What is that, over 3 months worth. Gun hunters have to wait till over half of the season is gone before they can hunt if that's all they hunt with. Now how fair is that?

Bow hunters got it made, now quit whining. \:D

Dont tread on me

#3076297 - 12/12/12 05:25 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: TeamMainStreet]
deerhunter10
10 Point

You have it better in tn then most states! So yal quit your whining if you want to get technical yal have 2 months dedicated to yal bow only has a month dedicated to it.

#3076327 - 12/12/12 05:42 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: deerhunter10]
BSK
Non-Typical

This is getting ridiculous. The seasons are perfectly fine the way they are. Bow hunter's get their month gun hunter's get the best month of the year.

It seems bow hunters keep forgetting they hunt all three months hunting is open. It isn't like bow hunters have to stop hunting at the end of bow season, and I'm sure virtually none do.

Gun hunters always share the wood. Bow hunters have twice as much hunting time and half of that is without comeptition from other hunters.

And I'm not trying to argue for or against anything deerhunter10, just pointing out the above facts.

#3076334 - 12/12/12 05:44 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: deerhunter10]
BSK
Non-Typical

You have it better in tn then most states! So yal quit your whining if you want to get technical yal have 2 months dedicated to yal bow only has a month dedicated to it.

No, gun hunters have NO, absolutely ZERO time "dedicated" to those who only gun hunt. IF bow hunters were forced to choose--hunt bow season and bow season only--THEN you could say that.

#3076342 - 12/12/12 05:49 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: BSK]
deerhunter10
10 Point

I understand your point but i mean it's set up hood if you ask me. Obviously more people i didn't realize that but i think twra does a great job and does a good job managing the herd and the season.

#3076411 - 12/12/12 06:40 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: BSK]
W.Seay
14 Point

Loc: Collierville,TN.

This is getting ridiculous. The seasons are perfectly fine the way they are. Bow hunter's get their month gun hunter's get the best month of the year.

It seems bow hunters keep forgetting they hunt all three months hunting is open. It isn't like bow hunters have to stop hunting at the end of bow season, and I'm sure virtually none do.

Gun hunters always share the wood. Bow hunters have twice as much hunting time and half of that is without comeptition from other hunters.

And I'm not trying to argue for or against anything deerhunter10, just pointing out the above facts.

X2

#3076413 - 12/12/12 06:41 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: BSK]
W.Seay
14 Point

Loc: Collierville,TN.

No, gun hunters have NO, absolutely ZERO time "dedicated" to those who only gun hunt. IF bow hunters were forced to choose--hunt bow season and bow season only--THEN you could say that.

X2

#3076437 - 12/12/12 06:57 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: W.Seay]
whistlinwingman
8 Point

Loc: Morristown

All I know is that when I quit pounding the woods in September and October and putting pressure on deer I started seeing and killing more mature bucks in November and December. It doesn't matter what weapon is in season if pressure is limited.

Edited by whistlinwingman (12/12/12 06:58 PM)

#3076453 - 12/12/12 07:04 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: whistlinwingman]
Wes Parrish
16 Point

Truth be known, I'd speculate most exclusive bowhunters would kill more older bucks if they didn't begin their annual deer hunting before late October.
#3076467 - 12/12/12 07:14 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: whistlinwingman]
WVBOWHUNTER
Spike

The reason for a bow season must be deserved because the season and rules are set and as selfish as it is nothings going to change that as long as us elitest snobs hunt with our sticks. Like it or not hate us or not. We are here to stay.

what i love best about this post is how easy it is to argue and make so many people mad about something they will never change. I bet i don't loose sleep over this as some will. Lol

#3076469 - 12/12/12 07:14 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: BSK]
Vermin93
12 Point

Loc: Dallas, TX & Signal Mtn, TN

Freedom of choice: get a bow and hunt early or don't get a bow and wait.

I'll gladly put away my bow and hunt with a gun during gun season. No reason somebody can't do the opposite.

#3076475 - 12/12/12 07:18 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: Wes Parrish]
bowriter
Non-Typical

Loc: Lebanon,TN USA

Elite? Sometimes it is unavoidable. I cannot help it that I am the absolute best bowhunter that ever drew a string. I deserve a 90 day season all to myslef with the opportunity to hunt anywhere I wish with no others in the woods.

As a true bowhunter and the absolute best ever, I am so far superior to all gun hunters, they do not deserve to even drive by the woods when I am hunting.

Oh wait a minoozle...I forgot, I shoot a crossbow now. I only deserve 75-days instead of 90.

Constipation has ruined many a good day. Not as many as stupidity, though.

#3076487 - 12/12/12 07:22 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: in the dog house!]
WVBOWHUNTER
Spike

[quote=in the dog house!]The wma permit fund go to support the wma and if not for that it wouldn't be there to hunt. All funds from permits go are ear marked for wildlife. I gladly buy mine and am greatful we have the TWRA to manage our outdoors.........

Common sense sure isn't that common !!

Never said it wasn't good. However it is used as a source of revenue for the twra. Never said twra was bad But hunting is all a money making for the state and businesses and if you think otherwise your missing the common sense. Whens the last time u hunted for free?

#3076491 - 12/12/12 07:27 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: bowriter]
WVBOWHUNTER
Spike

see bowriter gets it.
#3076692 - 12/12/12 09:14 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: WVBOWHUNTER]
Mr.Bro
10 Point

Loc: Hendersonville Tn.

see bowriter gets it.

Amazing!

Hook,line & sinker!

#3076700 - 12/12/12 09:18 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: Mr.Bro]
timberjack86
14 Point

Loc: Grundy county

happy Online
 Originally Posted By: Mr.Bro
see bowriter gets it.

Amazing!

Hook,line & sinker!

#3076705 - 12/12/12 09:21 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: WVBOWHUNTER]
in the dog house!
14 Point

content Online
So i guess its on your dime next time someone is spotlighting my place, and Im sure you will be out there waiting to catch them doing it. So post your # so we can call you @ 2 am. Or to plant crops for the wild life. And i guess I will call you to do all the studies on wild life populations so you can set a reasonable limit. I gladly pay for these services but since your going to foot the bill we wont have to buy anymore permits....... What a great guy you are.... and smart too.

Μολων λαβε

#3076728 - 12/12/12 09:40 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: in the dog house!]
TeamMainStreet
8 Point

just found my stirring stick...\:D

I think bow hunting should be outlawed because bow hunters wound too many deer.

Dont tread on me

#3076731 - 12/12/12 09:41 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: TeamMainStreet]
TeamMainStreet
8 Point

That was a joke BTW.

Dont tread on me

#3076747 - 12/12/12 09:51 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: in the dog house!]
BackwoodsBoy
Spike

Loc: WV

Good post doghouse...

WVbowhunter, ?!?! are you serious or just trolling? Your description of firearms makes you sound like a Liberal.

#3076751 - 12/12/12 09:52 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: TeamMainStreet]
deerhunter10
10 Point

I know it was a joke but fyi especially this year it seems like noone can find a deer they shoot with a gun.

#3076765 - 12/12/12 10:04 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: deerhunter10]
TeamMainStreet
8 Point

And FYI I have found every deer that I have shot this year with my gun, which is zero. \:\)

Edited by TeamMainStreet (12/12/12 10:06 PM)

Dont tread on me

#3076770 - 12/12/12 10:13 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: TeamMainStreet]
in the dog house!
14 Point

content Online
LOL

Μολων λαβε

#3076771 - 12/12/12 10:14 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: Wes Parrish]
Tomahawk
6 Point

Loc: east & west tn

Originally Posted By: Wes Parrish
Truth be known, I'd speculate most exclusive bowhunters would kill more older bucks if they didn't begin their annual deer hunting before late October.
Actually, according to the Boone and Crockett records, more entries are killed during first two weeks of states season opener and the last few weeks of late season. People believe their chances are better during the rut but the books prove this to be a myth. I would guess folks just think their chances are better because of the so called hot action but if you really take notice you'll see that a lot of folks on this forum seem to complain about the lack of action during the rut almost every year. You'll see many post on here where people are asking "when is the rut" or "is anyone seeing anything in such and such counties because I'm not seeing any rut activity". The breeding activity will happen around the same day (give or take a day or two) every year but yet you'll still see people make comments such as "the rut is late or the rut is early this year". Deer hunting is a game of odds in most cases. You want to better your odds, then try your best to be in the woods more, from start of season till the end. But if I was only allowed to hunt 2 weeks during the season, it would be either right at opening or the last 2 weeks of the season.

#3076784 - 12/12/12 10:27 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: Tomahawk]
in the dog house!
14 Point

content Online
Until day before yesterday my biggest buck was taken on October 20th. I like the early season, but i do like the gun season as well. Heck I dont care what the season is, if it gives me the chance to be afield Im there, squirrel, dove, deer, bow or gun count me in. I just enjoy being in the woods.

Μολων λαβε

#3077010 - 12/13/12 07:14 AM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: in the dog house!]
WVBOWHUNTER
Spike

I love the reaction people give when i get the fishing poles out. Im all for guns fellas. I just figure talking some trash would ruffle some feathers and of course it did. Doesn't matter what weapon you use what game u hunt its enjoying Gods creation. Yes i know we need the money for poachers and to plant crops ect. If i didn't i definitely would buy the license. Stop letting us bait you into these silly arguements. All for fun.
#3077375 - 12/13/12 11:37 AM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: WVBOWHUNTER]
bowriter
Non-Typical

I have never missed a deer with bow or rifle and have never had to blood trail one more than 30-yards. I cannot understand why people want to hunt the same time of year I do. It just is not right. They all wound and lose deer and mess up the woods tracking and shining lights and throwing their beer cans all over the place.

Here is another problem. I do not feel I should have to bother paying extra to hunt with my bow. The 30-40 deer I kill a year is a huge help in balancing the population. Now that I can click like a frog, I expect that number to go up. I should get my license free or maybe even get compensated for my contribution. I do not see why we can't bait deer like we do doves and crappie. What possible difference can it make?

#3077398 - 12/13/12 11:57 AM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: bowriter]
Coach
16 Point

Originally Posted By: bowriter
I have never missed a deer with bow or rifle and have never had to blood trail one more than 30-yards. I cannot understand why people want to hunt the same time of year I do. It just is not right. They all wound and lose deer and mess up the woods tracking and shining lights and throwing their beer cans all over the place.

Here is another problem. I do not feel I should have to bother paying extra to hunt with my bow. The 30-40 deer I kill a year is a huge help in balancing the population. Now that I can click like a frog, I expect that number to go up. I should get my license free or maybe even get compensated for my contribution. I do not see why we can't bait deer like we do doves and crappie. What possible difference can it make?

Depends...black crappie or white crappie?

#3077415 - 12/13/12 12:13 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: Coach]
bowriter
Non-Typical

Does not matter. I am not a pescatorial racist or an icthyological, either.

#3077433 - 12/13/12 12:29 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: bowriter]
Coach
16 Point

Sounds fishy to me..possibly even a conundrum

#3077468 - 12/13/12 01:01 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: Coach]
bowriter
Non-Typical

Nope. I have had a vasectomy, don't need a conundrum. Besides, the calendar has taken car5e of that.

#3077488 - 12/13/12 01:17 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: WVBOWHUNTER]
BSK
Non-Typical

I love the reaction people give when i get the fishing poles out.

HA! Hooked and landed me! \:D

#3077500 - 12/13/12 01:27 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: bowriter]
Coach
16 Point

Originally Posted By: bowriter
Nope. I have had a vasectomy, don't need a conundrum. Besides, the calendar has taken car5e of that.

#3077550 - 12/13/12 01:58 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: BSK]
tn droptine
8 Point

Loc: Chester Co, TN/Afghanistan

content Online

Oh no!!!! BSK is a Trekkie!!!! The horror!!!! I'll never be able to take you serious again Bryan!!!! \:D

#3077626 - 12/13/12 02:55 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: tn droptine]
BSK
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: tn droptine
Oh no!!!! BSK is a Trekkie!!!! The horror!!!! I'll never be able to take you serious again Bryan!!!! \:D

Always liked the concept of the show--A Morality Play set in the future--but to be honest, I like Next Generation more than the original.

#3077638 - 12/13/12 03:00 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: BSK]
Coach
16 Point

Always liked the concept of the show--A Morality Play set in the future--but to be honest, I like Next Generation more than the original.

Hey, are you two hijacking my thread?! \:D \:D

#3077721 - 12/13/12 04:09 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: Coach]
StalkingWolf
8 Point

Loc: Dyersburg, TN, USA

"The needs of the few(bowhunters) outweigh the needs of the many(gunhunters). Some pointed ear green feller told me that!
#3077725 - 12/13/12 04:11 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: StalkingWolf]
BSK
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: StalkingWolf
"The needs of the few(bowhunters) outweigh the needs of the many(gunhunters). Some pointed ear green feller told me that!

Archery equipment needs to be made illegal! ;\)

#3077731 - 12/13/12 04:14 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: BSK]
StalkingWolf
8 Point

Loc: Dyersburg, TN, USA

Only in your hands BSK! \:\)

#3077800 - 12/13/12 05:24 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: StalkingWolf]
BSK
Non-Typical

HA! Isn't that the sad truth! Archery equipment in my hands is considered cruel and unusual punishment! \:\(

#3077801 - 12/13/12 05:25 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: BSK]
Coach
16 Point

HA! Isn't that the sad truth! Archery equipment in my hands is considered cruel and unusual punishment! \:\(

Listening to you talk about archery is..well...you know...

#3078171 - 12/13/12 09:01 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: Coach]
WVBOWHUNTER
Spike

Put my buddy on this buck today I saw him this morning and I am tagged out and so I put him on it. Btw he is another elite bow hunter. LOL

#3078549 - 12/14/12 07:35 AM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: WVBOWHUNTER]
BSK
Non-Typical

Dang, what a buck!

#3078565 - 12/14/12 07:43 AM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: Coach]
BSK
Non-Typical

Listening to you talk about archery is..well...you know...

Just for clarification, I meant it is cruel and unusual punishment to the deer. Actually, maybe not. They are virtually immune from harm if I'm hunting them with a bow. \:\(

#3078572 - 12/14/12 07:47 AM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: BSK]
catman529
spiderboy
16 Point

Loc: Franklin TN

TNG was my favorite too. Picard was the best capt as well

#3078600 - 12/14/12 08:03 AM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: catman529]
BSK
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: catman529

TNG was my favorite too. Picard was the best capt as well

Picard is DA' MAN!

#3078681 - 12/14/12 08:49 AM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: BSK]
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

content Online
Yep, have to say TNG is my fav as well. Watched a bit of "Enterprise C" last night as a matter of fact. \:\)

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#3079043 - 12/14/12 12:10 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: MUP]
WVBOWHUNTER
Spike

the next generation was the best series. Although I think warf was the man. Of couse i really liked the theropist.
#3079152 - 12/14/12 12:59 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: WVBOWHUNTER]
BSK
Non-Typical

the next generation was the best series. Although I think warf was the man. Of couse i really liked the theropist.

Warf was cool. Dianna Troy was HOT!

#3079161 - 12/14/12 01:06 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: BSK]
Urban_Hunter
8 Point

Loc: TN

...The trekkies are calling me an elitist...
;\)

You're never to old to learn something stupid.

#3079278 - 12/14/12 02:12 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: Urban_Hunter]
Coach
16 Point

Originally Posted By: Urban_Hunter
...The trekkies are calling me an elitist...
;\)

Haha...you beat me to it \:D

#3079322 - 12/14/12 02:33 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: Wes Parrish]
JeepKuntry
16 Point

Loc: Clinton, TN

I'll use whatever is legal to kill a deer. Part of what is wrong these days is people don't mind there own business. I fall prey to that sometimes.

#3079328 - 12/14/12 02:37 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: JeepKuntry]
Brisco Darlin
10 Point

Loc: East Tn.

dang i musta stumbled onto the star trek geek website. \:D

#3079364 - 12/14/12 02:56 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: Brisco Darlin]
WVBOWHUNTER
Spike

Originally Posted By: Brisco Darlin

Your just jelous that we are elitist who know all about it.

#3079412 - 12/14/12 03:22 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: WVBOWHUNTER]
Urban_Hunter
8 Point

Loc: TN

NOOOOOOOO, you are no longer an elitist. You have to be one or the other. Trekky (likes weird shows, takes a weird stance on bow season) Or.. Elitist (baddest a$$ hands to ever touch a stick and string)

You're never to old to learn something stupid.

#3079436 - 12/14/12 03:32 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: WVBOWHUNTER]
Brisco Darlin
10 Point

Loc: East Tn.

#3079511 - 12/14/12 04:13 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: Urban_Hunter]
BSK
Non-Typical

You forgot one group Urban Hunter. The thin-skinned bow-hunters who don't like their selfish and indefensible desires exposed for others to see. ;\)

#3079534 - 12/14/12 04:28 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: BSK]
passthrough76
4 Point

Loc: Middle, TN

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but I'll still bow hunt tomorrow.
#3079535 - 12/14/12 04:29 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: BSK]
bowriter
Non-Typical

I do not want my neighborhood polluted by some redneck, camo-wearing geek with Scent Shield sprayed all over him. My deer are accustomed to seeing Armani suits, gleaming Rage broadheads and smelling eggs Benedict farts.

#3079560 - 12/14/12 04:44 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: BSK]
WVBOWHUNTER
Spike

we should hunt deer with phasers set to disingrate. That would be elite! If your a bow hunter you have to use a bat'leth.

#3079590 - 12/14/12 05:09 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: passthrough76]
BSK
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: passthrough76
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but I'll still bow hunt tomorrow.

HA!!! ;\)

#3079593 - 12/14/12 05:11 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: WVBOWHUNTER]
BSK
Non-Typical

If your a bow hunter you have to use a bat'leth.

HA! I bet only one in 10 or 20 people know what bat'leth really is. That's going to get google a bunch... \:\)

#3079652 - 12/14/12 05:58 PM Re: Elitism?? Really? [Re: BSK]
bowriter
Non-Typical

It is a large tub in which lths take bats. They are a dirty bunch, worse than trekkies.

Page all of 13 12345>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Tennessee Todd, Unicam, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
OfficerBuck, rapalabuck, medic2fpc, MachDR, pop
13308 Registered Users
Who's Online
132 registered (89cherokeelimited, THE DUKE, old guy, JimFromTN, harley 2008, Model 1, 14 invisible) and 191 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13308 Members
42 Forums
94051 Topics
1098718 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.146 seconds in which 0.004 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.