Topic Options
#3067588 - 12/07/12 08:56 AM Re: verse of the day,, [Re: mr.big]
MUP
Non-Typical

Loc: Just North of Chatt-town

Jesus brought a new covenant
For Unto Us A Child Is Born...

Prophecy Fulfilled in the Person of Jesus of Nazareth

The Messiah would be the messenger and bearer of a new covenant.

Prophecy:

"Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the Lord of hosts."

Malachi 3:1

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Fulfillment:

"And he said unto them, I must preach the kingdom of God to other cities also: for therefore am I sent."

Luke 4:43

"How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him; God also bearing them witness, both with signs and wonders, and with divers miracles, and gifts of the Holy Ghost, according to his own will?

Hebrews 2:3,4

Prophecy:

"Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:"

Jeremiah 31:31

Fulfillment:

And as they did eat, Jesus took bread, and blessed, and brake it, and gave to them, and said, Take, eat: this is my body. And he took the cup, and when he had given thanks, he gave it to them: and they all drank of it. And he said unto them, This is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many. Verily I say unto you, I will drink no more of the fruit of the vine, until that day that I drink it new in the kingdom of God.

Mark 14:22-25

(See also Matthew Matthew 26:28, Luke 22:20, and Hebrews 12:24)

Amateurs: Built the Ark

Professionals: Built the Titanic

#3067889 - 12/07/12 11:52 AM Re: verse of the day,, [Re: MUP]
Boodaddy
14 Point

Loc: Chapel Hill Tn

John 7: 16-17

16 Jesus answered, ďMy teaching is not my own. It comes from him who sent me. 17 If anyone chooses to do Godís will, he will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own.

#3068279 - 12/07/12 04:25 PM Re: verse of the day,, [Re: Boodaddy]
kdxdude
10 Point

Loc: Cleveland, Tn.

"Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this," says the LORD Almighty, "and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it."

Malachi 3:10 NIV

#3070666 - 12/09/12 11:09 AM Re: verse of the day,, [Re: kdxdude]
kdxdude
10 Point

Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.

Galatians 6:7-9 NIV

#3071908 - 12/10/12 04:50 AM Re: verse of the day,, [Re: kdxdude]
MUP
Non-Typical

Jesus would reach people of all nations

The Saviour would reach people of all nations

Prophecy:

"And the Lord said, Shall I hide from Abraham that thing which I do; Seeing that Abraham shall surely become a great and mighty nation, and all the nations of the earth shall be blessed in him?"

Genesis 18:17-18b

Fulfillment:

Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life. For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Romans 5:18,19

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

1 Timothy 2:5,6

Prophecy:

"I swear by myself, declares the LORD, that because you have done this and have not withheld your son, your only son, I will surely bless you and make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and as the sand on the seashore. Your descendants will take possession of the cities of their enemies, and through your offspring all nations on earth will be blessed, because you have obeyed me."

Genesis 22:16-18 NIV

Fulfillment:

Now that faith has come, we are no longer under the supervision of the law. You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus, for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Galatians 3:25-29 NIV

#3072722 - 12/10/12 02:43 PM Re: verse of the day,, [Re: MUP]
Boodaddy
14 Point

Loc: Chapel Hill Tn

John 1:1-3 (NIV)

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.

#3073697 - 12/11/12 04:45 AM Re: verse of the day,, [Re: Boodaddy]
MUP
Non-Typical

Jesus would be betrayed by a close friend...

Messiah would be betrayed by a close friend

Prophecy:

"Yea, mine own familiar friend, in whom I trusted, which did eat of my bread, hath lifted up his heel against me."

Psalm 41:9

Fulfillment:

"But, behold, the hand of him that betrayeth me is with me on the table. And truly the Son of man goeth, as it was determined: but woe unto that man by whom he is betrayed! And they began to enquire among themselves, which of them it was that should do this thing."

Luke 22:21-23

The exact price of His betrayal would be 30 pieces of silver

Prophecy:

"And I said unto them, If ye think good, give me my price; and if not, forbear. So they weighed for my price thirty pieces of silver. And the Lord said unto me, Cast it unto the potter: a goodly price that I was prised at of them. And I took the thirty pieces of silver, and cast them to the potter in the house of the Lord."

Zechariah 11:12-13

Fulfillment:

"Then one of the twelve, called Judas Iscariot, went unto the chief priests, and said unto them, What will ye give me, and I will deliver him unto you? And they convenanted with him for thirty pieces of silver."

Matthew 26:14-15

#3073698 - 12/11/12 04:46 AM Re: verse of the day,, [Re: Boodaddy]
MUP
Non-Typical

Jesus would be betrayed by a close friend...

Messiah would be betrayed by a close friend

Prophecy:

"Yea, mine own familiar friend, in whom I trusted, which did eat of my bread, hath lifted up his heel against me."

Psalm 41:9

Fulfillment:

"But, behold, the hand of him that betrayeth me is with me on the table. And truly the Son of man goeth, as it was determined: but woe unto that man by whom he is betrayed! And they began to enquire among themselves, which of them it was that should do this thing."

Luke 22:21-23

The exact price of His betrayal would be 30 pieces of silver

Prophecy:

"And I said unto them, If ye think good, give me my price; and if not, forbear. So they weighed for my price thirty pieces of silver. And the Lord said unto me, Cast it unto the potter: a goodly price that I was prised at of them. And I took the thirty pieces of silver, and cast them to the potter in the house of the Lord."

Zechariah 11:12-13

Fulfillment:

"Then one of the twelve, called Judas Iscariot, went unto the chief priests, and said unto them, What will ye give me, and I will deliver him unto you? And they convenanted with him for thirty pieces of silver."

Matthew 26:14-15

#3073700 - 12/11/12 04:48 AM Re: verse of the day,, [Re: mr.big]
MUP
Non-Typical

Jesus would work miracles

Messiah would be a miracle worker

Prophecy:

Say to those with fearful hearts, "Be strong, do not fear; your God will come, he will come with vengeance; with divine retribution he will come to save you." Then will the eyes of the blind be opened and the ears of the deaf unstopped. Then will the lame leap like a deer, and the mute tongue shout for joy. Water will gush forth in the wilderness and streams in the desert.

Isaiah 35:4-6 NIV

Fulfillment: Jesus healed the blind

"And Jesus answered and said unto him, What wilt thou that I should do unto thee? The blind man said unto him, Lord, that I might receive my sight. And Jesus said unto him, Go thy way; thy faith hath made thee whole. And immediately he received his sight, and followed Jesus in the way."

Mark 10:51-52 KJV

Fulfillment: Jesus healed the deaf

There some people brought to him a man who was deaf and could hardly talk, and they begged him to place his hand on the man. After he took him aside, away from the crowd, Jesus put his fingers into the man's ears. Then he spit and touched the man's tongue. He looked up to heaven and with a deep sigh said to him, "Ephphatha!" (which means, "Be opened!"). At this, the man's ears were opened, his tongue was loosened and he began to speak plainly.

Mark 7:32-35 NIV

Fulfillment: Jesus healed the lame

One who was there had been an invalid for thirty-eight years. When Jesus saw him lying there and learned that he had been in this condition for a long time, he asked him, "Do you want to get well?"

"Sir," the invalid replied, "I have no one to help me into the pool when the water is stirred. While I am trying to get in, someone else goes down ahead of me." Then Jesus said to him, "Get up! Pick up your mat and walk."

At once the man was cured; he picked up his mat and walked.

John 5:5-9 NIV

#3073712 - 12/11/12 04:57 AM Re: verse of the day,, [Re: MUP]
kdxdude
10 Point

When I am afraid, I will trust in you. In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can mortal man do to me?

Psalm 56:3-4 NIV

Page 459 of 557 « First<457458459460461>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
bootsinsand, bigun714, clh200, tlwilliams, Forvols
13179 Registered Users
Who's Online
108 registered (TN Larry, sagebrush, Stumpy74, JimFromTN, 2in1shot, Tadtad2!, 14 invisible) and 125 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13179 Members
42 Forums
90960 Topics
1062951 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.125 seconds in which 0.073 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.