Tndeer Logo

Page 6 of 23 « First<45678>Last »
Topic Options
#3069245 - 12/08/12 11:16 AM Re: Should TN Go to All Weapons Season? [Re: Coach]
darn2ten
6 Point

Loc: lincoln co. tn.

All you got to do is check out another "archery talking forum", to see the in fighting this has caused in states that have this. Personally I think it would cause much more resentment from hunter to hunter, I think it's good like it is. Of course this is just my opinion, and that probably ain't worth much!
#3069252 - 12/08/12 11:26 AM Re: Should TN Go to All Weapons Season? [Re: Coach]
BSK
Jerkasourous of the non-typical kind
Non-Typical

Loc: Nashville, TN

Originally Posted By: Coach
If we did this TNDeer may have to close down. So, are you advocating closing down TnDeer? :-)

Absolutely not! THAT would be a disaster! ;\)

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

#3069259 - 12/08/12 11:31 AM Re: Should TN Go to All Weapons Season? [Re: BSK]
BSK
Non-Typical

Honestly, I have no problem with a bow season before firearms seasons. I used to be primarily a bow-hunter and I get where bow-hunting advocates are coming from. This bow-season-first system increase hunting opportunity and does no harm to the resource. Plus archery hunting is the best training ground I know of for teaching woodsmanship skills. Show me a successful bow hunter and I'm probably seeing a skilled and knowledgeable hunter.

The problem I have is with those bow-hunters that somehow believe (and advocate) that they actually deserve this time without competition from other hunters; i.e. the eletist bow-hunter attitude too often prevalent among the most ardent members of the archery community. They have earned nor "deserve" any such thing.

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

#3069264 - 12/08/12 11:35 AM Re: Should TN Go to All Weapons Season? [Re: BSK]
Vermin93
12 Point

Loc: Dallas, TX & Signal Mtn, TN

Originally Posted By: BSK
 Originally Posted By: Vermin93
Except I also hunt with a muzzleloader....and a rifle....and wear blaze orange....for 2 months....which is plenty of time for me, you, the deer and anybody else.

Gee, thanks for deciding for me what should be enough hunting. Classic elitism...

Whatever, BSK. Tennesseans are just starving for more rifle time compared to the rest of the American whitetail hunting world...

Go ahead and kick the elitist archery hunters out of muzzleloader and rifle season if that will make you feel better. I'm fine with that.

#3069267 - 12/08/12 11:37 AM Re: Should TN Go to All Weapons Season? [Re: Vermin93]
BSK
Non-Typical

No, I wouldn't stop there. I would outlaw archery equipment! ;\)

#3069279 - 12/08/12 11:46 AM Re: Should TN Go to All Weapons Season? [Re: Vermin93]
Master Chief
10 Point

Loc: Henderson County

sleepy Online
Except I also hunt with a muzzleloader....and a rifle....and wear blaze orange....for 2 months....which is plenty of time for me, you, the deer and anybody else.

Gee, thanks for deciding for me what should be enough hunting. Classic elitism...

Whatever, BSK. Tennesseans are just starving for more rifle time compared to the rest of the American whitetail hunting world...

Go ahead and kick the elitist archery hunters out of muzzleloader and rifle season if that will make you feel better. I'm fine with that.

With that kind of attitude I wouldn't blame him..

Don't go ridin' on that long black train ;\)

#3069283 - 12/08/12 11:52 AM Re: Should TN Go to All Weapons Season? [Re: BSK]
Vermin93
12 Point

Loc: Dallas, TX & Signal Mtn, TN

I knew it! You're a spy for PETA, aren't you!

#3069319 - 12/08/12 12:16 PM Re: Should TN Go to All Weapons Season? [Re: Vermin93]
BSK
Non-Typical

I knew it! You're a spy for PETA, aren't you!

HA!

No, but for me, there is nothing more fun than stirring a pot full of elitist bow-hunters. The reaction is so predictable!

Kind of like publishing a Muhammad cartoon in an Arab newspaper...

#3069366 - 12/08/12 12:44 PM Re: Should TN Go to All Weapons Season? [Re: BSK]
chiggerbit
Spike

Loc: Lebanon, TN

Originally Posted By: cecil30-30
Yes have just a deer season. open on oct 1-JAN 1 And any weapon is legal but yoyou have a set number of deer allowwed to take.

I've been advocating that for years, simply because I'm tired of hearing hunters argue over who should have the most hunting days, bow hunters versus gun hunters versus pistol hunters, etc.

Just make it deer season. Let hunters choose which weapon they want to hunt with.

Maybe you're not serious, but just because there's arguments and elitism among the ranks...? Clearly, the commission hasn't just arbitrarily set up the seasons as they are.

Regarding elitism and attitudes within the bowhunting ranks though, I'm sure there will be strong feelings for years because of the commission taking away the archery only days in November and for allowing crossbows for all. That's just politics. They'll get over it eventually, but elitism will never cease, no matter how a governing body rules.

#3069413 - 12/08/12 01:08 PM Re: Should TN Go to All Weapons Season? [Re: southernhunter]
EastTNHunter
10 Point

Loc: Rhea Co., TN

I like the changes in seasons. I say leave it the way that it is.

Edited by EastTNHunter (12/08/12 01:09 PM)

Page 6 of 23 « First<45678>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Tennessee Todd, Unicam, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
JPG3, red arrow, ICUFLY, east_tn_gk, cruiser sailor
13210 Registered Users
Who's Online
93 registered (LA man, z7x, Grill-n-man, scn, THEdonkey0515, RAFI, 17 invisible) and 136 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13210 Members
42 Forums
91807 Topics
1072907 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.091 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.