Tndeer Logo

Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
#3067786 - 12/07/12 10:49 AM About Time, hope he WINS!!
Grizzly Johnson
Team Grizzly
16 Point

Loc: Tennessee

George Zimmerman sues NBC and reporters...... He should also include Obama for his role as well!!!

..ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) George Zimmerman sued NBC on Thursday, claiming he was defamed when the network edited his 911 call to police after the shooting of Trayvon Martin to make it sound like he was racist.

The former neighborhood watch volunteer filed the lawsuit seeking an undisclosed amount of money in Seminole County, outside Orlando. Also named in the complaint were three reporters covering the story for NBC or an NBC-owned television station.

The complaint said the airing of the edited call has inflicted emotional distress on Zimmerman, making him fear for his life and causing him to suffer nausea, insomnia and anxiety.

The lawsuit claims NBC edited his phone call to a dispatcher in February. In the call, Zimmerman describes following Martin in the gated community where he lived, just moments before he fatally shot the 17-year-old teen during a confrontation.

"NBC saw the death of Trayvon Martin not as a tragedy but as an opportunity to increase ratings, and so set about to create a myth that George Zimmerman was a racist and predatory villain," the lawsuit claims.

NBC spokeswoman Kathy Kelly-Brown said the network strongly disagreed with the accusations made in the complaint.

"There was no intent to portray Mr. Zimmerman unfairly," she said. "We intend to vigorously defend our position in court."

Three employees of the network or its Miami affiliate lost their jobs because of the changes.

Zimmerman is charged with second-degree murder but has pleaded not guilty, claiming self-defense under Florida's "stand your ground law."

The call viewers heard was trimmed to suggest that Zimmerman volunteered to police, with no prompting, that Martin was black: "This guy looks like he's up to no good. He looks black."

But the portion of the tape that was deleted had the 911 dispatcher asking Zimmerman if the person who had raised his suspicion was "black, white or Hispanic," to which Zimmerman responded, "He looks black."

News Link

#3067838 - 12/07/12 11:25 AM Re: About Time, hope he WINS!! [Re: Grizzly Johnson]
Pic IN the Casa
TurdFarmer2.0
14 Point

Loc: TN

I hope he rakes them over the coals.

This "could' set a tone for how the MSM handles situations like his.

#3068026 - 12/07/12 01:05 PM Re: About Time, hope he WINS!! [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
Still-n-Quiet
10 Point

Loc: San Antonio, TX

If he had include O in the case, he'd have been dead by next Wednesday.

Searching for the elusive "Moderate" liberal and "Moderate" Muslim. Maybe they are hiding together...

Μολων λαβε

#3068060 - 12/07/12 01:36 PM Re: About Time, hope he WINS!! [Re: Still-n-Quiet]
FLTENNHUNTER1
16 Point

Loc: Tampa FL

content Online
I saw the recent color photo of Zimmerman and his broken nose. I would say Stand Your Ground probably does apply. From what I can see from the photos, Zimmerman probably should have been in fear for his life. Florida statute states you can use deadly force if you are in fear for your life or severe bodily harm. I think George probably would have had his head bashed in if he didn't pull his weapon.

If he is acquitted get ready for payback from you know who.

#3068539 - 12/07/12 08:01 PM Re: About Time, hope he WINS!! [Re: FLTENNHUNTER1]
Bowdacious
Skillet
16 Point

Loc: over here

I wish I could be on that jury. This man was railroaded by racists in a effort to escalate racial tensions. Also, he should be saying he is hispanic. He is half, after all.

There is a difference between being proud and being conceited

Beware the skillet ---O

#3069074 - 12/08/12 08:39 AM Re: About Time, hope he WINS!! [Re: Still-n-Quiet]
iowavf
10 Point

Loc: southwest iowa

Originally Posted By: Still-n-Quiet
Why did Obama even stick his nose into this one? They just found the bodies of the two young missing girls in Northern Iowa and I don't recall Obama coming there or even mentioning it, why because they are both white?

#3069086 - 12/08/12 08:46 AM Re: About Time, hope he WINS!! [Re: iowavf]
TOW
10 Point

Loc: Back 40

Hope he cleans out their bank account...

This was VERY deliberate attempt to slander him and sensationalize the case for their raings.

#3069152 - 12/08/12 10:01 AM Re: About Time, hope he WINS!! [Re: FLTENNHUNTER1]
TOW
10 Point

Loc: Back 40

Originally Posted By: FLTENNHUNTER1
I saw the recent color photo of Zimmerman and his broken nose. I would say Stand Your Ground probably does apply. From what I can see from the photos, Zimmerman probably should have been in fear for his life. Florida statute states you can use deadly force if you are in fear for your life or severe bodily harm. I think George probably would have had his head bashed in if he didn't pull his weapon.

The photo on the left is a grainy black and white copy of a copy that the prosecutors released to the defense. Only after a court order did they realease the color photo on the right. One would wonder why they didn't release the color one right away?

You think it might be that the black and white didn't show his injuries AND made him look white instead of Hispanic?

#3069170 - 12/08/12 10:13 AM Re: About Time, hope he WINS!! [Re: iowavf]
SES
8 Point

Loc: Corryton, Tn

Originally Posted By: iowavf
 Originally Posted By: Still-n-Quiet
Why did Obama even stick his nose into this one? They just found the bodies of the two young missing girls in Northern Iowa and I don't recall Obama coming there or even mentioning it, why because they are both white?
Because Obuma couldn't have daughters that looked like them.

#3069718 - 12/08/12 05:28 PM Re: About Time, hope he WINS!! [Re: TOW]
Dale3
8 Point

Loc: Live in Mt.Juliet ,Hunt Jackso...

Originally Posted By: TOW
 Originally Posted By: FLTENNHUNTER1

The photo on the left is a grainy black and white copy of a copy that the prosecutors released to the defense. Only after a court order did they realease the color photo on the right. One would wonder why they didn't release the color one right away?

You think it might be that the black and white didn't show his injuries AND made him look white instead of Hispanic?

I beleave he also had injuries to the back of his head, where he was banging his head on sidewalk.

Edited by Dale3 (12/08/12 05:29 PM)

Page 1 of 2 12>

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
zatoan, DanParchman3, saddleman1, Jculber301, Mik475
13282 Registered Users
Who's Online
91 registered (diamond hunter, TNRifleman, Rob R., volsjp, landman, T.J., 13 invisible) and 141 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13282 Members
42 Forums
93313 Topics
1089546 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.11 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.