Tndeer Logo

Page 11 of 13 « First<910111213>
Topic Options
#3066562 - 12/06/12 04:52 PM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: Buckykm1]
infoman jr.
10 Point

Loc: Elizabethtown, KY

Originally Posted By: Buckykm1
 Originally Posted By: infoman jr.
The thing on my right...

What is that thing.

No idea. It was on Ft. Knox. PIC, he was selling 7 mag ammo. I shoulda picked you up a box. ;-)

#3066590 - 12/06/12 05:19 PM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: infoman jr.]
milkey
6 Point

Loc: mosheim tn

have seen a lot of those at fort campbell.....had a buddy one time who was not in a place he should have been in... thought he was caught and belly crawled about 1/2 mile then i drove him around to the spot he saw them in ... he did not live that down for a long time

#3066598 - 12/06/12 05:23 PM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: infoman jr.]
Mossy Oak
8 Point

Loc: Montgomery Co.

Originally Posted By: infoman jr.
The thing on my right...

When I was in the Army, we called those "Ivans."

Team Release and Catch Bowfishing

http://www.dirtnapgear.com/

#3066806 - 12/06/12 07:15 PM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: Mossy Oak]
TNbuckeye
4 Point

Loc: knox county, TN, USA

They are live fire targets. The military will set up a course of fire that resembles a platoon on patrol those are the enemy.

Well the great thing about getting married is even if you don't marry a trophy wife you still get a participation ribbon.

#3067358 - 12/07/12 06:47 AM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: TNbuckeye]
eweisner
8 Point

Loc: Portland, TN

content Online
Last time I saw those was through the night vision on Ft. Knox. The gunner forgot to change from .25 mm to the 240C coaxial machine gun and the sear hadn't been properly set....70 round burst of .25 mm at those things was a sight to see

http://confessionsofanovicebowhunter.wordpress.com

#3067491 - 12/07/12 08:12 AM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: eweisner]
Coach
16 Point

Loc: Pall Mall, TN and Dexter, MI

A rusted 1940's car and part of a stone chimney...right in the middle of the woods on a mountain

Eventus stultorum magister

Dean Business Supply, Llc

http://www.adam4d.com

#3067528 - 12/07/12 08:33 AM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: Coach]
Crow Terminator
TnDeer Old Timer
14 Point

Loc: McMinn County

Weirdest thing. Hmm. Well how can I say this and not get banned for life. Was fishing off Chickamauga Lake and went up in the mouth of Sewee Creek. Had went a little ways up there and noted something out of place hanging from a tree limb about 8 feet above the water. Was a "ladies pleasuring device" and controller hanging from the limb. No idea how it got there. But it was beside an area people can drive to and fish from the bank...and I guess that's not the only thing people do back in there.

On a more common note...was at LBL hunting and doing more scouting than hunting. I had walked for a good 4 hours and was making my way back towards the truck on a ridge top. I saw something laying at the base of a tree...and there on top of the ground was a fairly new Spyderco brand knife. I figured somebody had sat there and it fell out of their pocket.

I've also walked up on a hobo shanty or meth lab in a cedar thicket...was following a cattle trail and walked right up on it in the remains of an old chicken house. There were sleeping bags laid out on top of makeshift tables, and other personal effects inside the shed. I didn't know what meth labs were back then but looking back on it, it could have well been one because there were 2 liter soda bottles sitting everywhere under the shed and other things. There was a place they had built a fire but hadn't rekindled it but had been there over night. Could see the smoke coming from the burnt wood. I didn't see or hear anybody around but I figured they were close by. That is probably the most erie feeling I've ever had in the woods though. I was glad to have the ole Glock 40 with me that day...was out metal detecting when I came up on it and thus I found myself too paranoid to detect from that point on for fear of somebody creeping up behind me and jumping me....even being armed, it wasn't an easy feeling and I got out of there a lot faster than I went in.

#3067537 - 12/07/12 08:38 AM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: Coach]
Twinshooter
10 Point

Loc: Collierville, TN. USA

Early bow season in the early eighties, I found a small pot patch, and after making sure what it was, I began to see "Purple Rain" "Coming around the Bend" and "A Bad Moon Rising" then it "Was Alright Now".

#3067873 - 12/07/12 11:44 AM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: Twinshooter]
Winchester
Non-Typical

Loc: TN

Some cool finds! Little bit of everything, what I can remember anyway, Pot patches, people having sex, helium ballon in Montgomery co that was from Northern Ill and won the 4'th grade class contest for being the farthest away when I called the # on it. Picture of a young lady on Goby mtn a couple years after a tornado. Steiner binocs on Ft Campbell along with all sorts of military stuff there. As a kid I found a huge stash of stolen stuff back in the woods behind my house, took my Dad and he called the police, which set up surveillance and busted a theft ring from Knoxville.
Moonshine still in KY, remains of meth lab. 2 deer caught in fences dead, one front leg of a deer torn off at the knee in a fence, actually saw the doe several times over the next 2 years in Robertson co.
Just this past Thanksgiving had my boys at a buddies place up on Clinch mtn doing some squirrel hunting with the dogs. Had killed 16 and 4 of which were Fox squirrels. Coming off the mtn toward the 4 wheeler my youngest says Dad you dropped one of the Fox squirrels, and picks up a freshly killed Fox squirrel with one front leg completely missing and all his internal organs and intestines had been pulled out through the hole and were gone. Wasnt ours as all were accounted for and we hadnt been anywhere near this area anyway. Must have scared a Hawk off his catch I guess, really weird as he was still warm and limp, while we are actually squirrel hunting??? Go figure.
lots of crazy stuff just cant remember it all.

#3068505 - 12/07/12 07:37 PM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: Winchester]
pressfit
10 Point

Loc: Giles Co. Tn

I took this with my first cell phone that had a camera iirc.. I had just hunted there 1 or 2 days before so I know it was fresh..

Page 11 of 13 « First<910111213>

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Outdoor Lady, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck, Kirk 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
bassassassin7, BBQ, Kornhunter, Afleming17, 260rem
13281 Registered Users
Who's Online
142 registered (Deerhunter, FLTENNHUNTER1, elkman, cleatus2506, Chinquipin, backwoods7, 17 invisible) and 200 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13281 Members
42 Forums
85140 Topics
1028834 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.248 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.