Tndeer Logo

Page 17 of 23 « First<1516171819>Last »
Topic Options
#3065792 - 12/06/12 08:11 AM Re: what changes would you like to see in 2013 -2014 [Re: ImThere]
BSK
Jerkasourous of the non-typical kind
Non-Typical

Loc: Nashville, TN

I'm tired of all the arguing over weapon type. Open deer season Oct. 1, run it through mid-January (for those along the AL/MS borders), and weapon choice is up to the hunter. Adjust bag limits to prevent over-harvest.

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

#3065796 - 12/06/12 08:14 AM Re: what changes would you like to see in 2013 -2014 [Re: BSK]
redblood
16 Point

Loc: Lewisburg

Originally Posted By: BSK
I'm tired of all the arguing over weapon type. Open deer season Oct. 1, run it through mid-January (for those along the AL/MS borders), and weapon choice is up to the hunter. Adjust bag limits to prevent over-harvest.
\\\I

SOUNDS GOOD TO ME BUT I LIKE JAN 1 CLOSING DATE

DEER SEASON IS TOO LONG IMO

#3065800 - 12/06/12 08:19 AM Re: what changes would you like to see in 2013 -2014 [Re: redblood]
BSK
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: redblood
\\\I

SOUNDS GOOD TO ME BUT I LIKE JAN 1 CLOSING DATE

DEER SEASON IS TOO LONG IMO

I just want those down along the borders to be able to hunt the early January rut in their area. I want every hunter in TN to have the opportunity to hunt the rut, which can be anywhere from early November to early January across the state.

"There is no reasoning someone out of a position he has not reasoned himself into." --Clive James

#3065807 - 12/06/12 08:26 AM Re: what changes would you like to see in 2013 -2014 [Re: BSK]
redblood
16 Point

Loc: Lewisburg

I HAVE FRIENDS WHO HUNT IN SOUTHERN LINCOLN AND GILES AREA, RIGHT ALONG THE LINE AND HAVE ASKED NUMEROUS TIMES WHEN THIS DEBATE TRANSPIRED LAST YR. Their responses put peak rut in their area from Thanksgiving to Dec 10. so in your opinion, what is peak rut in this area. i believe alot of folks are bored and just want to squeak out a few extra days of deer season by clinging to this notion. what are normal parturition dates for deeer in these areas and where these dates place conception? i bet you have sone hard data for these areas.

#3065820 - 12/06/12 08:36 AM Re: what changes would you like to see in 2013 -2014 [Re: redblood]
BSK
Non-Typical

I HAVE FRIENDS WHO HUNT IN SOUTHERN LINCOLN AND GILES AREA, RIGHT ALONG THE LINE AND HAVE ASKED NUMEROUS TIMES WHEN THIS DEBATE TRANSPIRED LAST YR. Their responses put peak rut in their area from Thanksgiving to Dec 10. so in your opinion, what is peak rut in this area. i believe alot of folks are bored and just want to squeak out a few extra days of deer season by clinging to this notion. what are normal parturition dates for deeer in these areas and where these dates place conception? i bet you have sone hard data for these areas.

The TWRA's recent fetal conception date study found there is early January breeding right along the AL border.

#3065833 - 12/06/12 08:44 AM Re: what changes would you like to see in 2013 -2014 [Re: BSK]
Bayou Buck
10 Point

Loc: Spring Hill / Perry Co

I knew this was coming! \:\)

#3065851 - 12/06/12 08:52 AM Re: what changes would you like to see in 2013 -2014 [Re: Bayou Buck]
UTGrad
16 Point

Loc: Franklin, TN

So BSK you think letting loose with guns in October will not have an impact on the rut?
#3065871 - 12/06/12 09:08 AM Re: what changes would you like to see in 2013 -2014 [Re: redblood]
stik
"Popcorn"
18 Point

Loc: lenoir city,tn

Originally Posted By: WestTn Huntin'man
 Originally Posted By: scn
count button bucks as bucks

That also would make them legal to shoot as a buck as you can't have it both ways.

So you really think it would make a big difference in the number of buck fawns killed?

it would help some. they are legal in unit L as anterless, to the tune of 3 per day so making them legal as bucks would have no adverse effect on us

Honestly do you think ANYONE has ever shot 3 button bucks in the same day ??

Where did i write that? i just feel a deer that was born a buck, should die a buck. i guess it would be a built in penalty of sorts for hunters who do not tke the time to ID a deer before pulling the trigger.

penalty for shooting a legal deer? it was id'd as a DEER!! if buttons are to be counted as bucks, the 3 inch restriction must be removed from buck only hunting and buttons should be legal.

nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught

#3065928 - 12/06/12 09:45 AM Re: what changes would you like to see in 2013 -2014 [Re: stik]
Winchester
Non-Typical

Loc: TN

Originally Posted By: stik
 Originally Posted By: WestTn Huntin'man
 Originally Posted By: scn
count button bucks as bucks

That also would make them legal to shoot as a buck as you can't have it both ways.

So you really think it would make a big difference in the number of buck fawns killed?

it would help some. they are legal in unit L as anterless, to the tune of 3 per day so making them legal as bucks would have no adverse effect on us

Honestly do you think ANYONE has ever shot 3 button bucks in the same day ??

Where did i write that? i just feel a deer that was born a buck, should die a buck. i guess it would be a built in penalty of sorts for hunters who do not tke the time to ID a deer before pulling the trigger.

penalty for shooting a legal deer? it was id'd as a DEER!! if buttons are to be counted as bucks, the 3 inch restriction must be removed from buck only hunting and buttons should be legal.

Your almost right, make it any buck with visible polished antler, just like many other states are now! If hes got polished antler he should burn a buck tag!

#3066024 - 12/06/12 10:57 AM Re: what changes would you like to see in 2013 -2014 [Re: UTGrad]
BSK
Non-Typical

Originally Posted By: UTGrad
So BSK you think letting loose with guns in October will not have an impact on the rut?

Impact the rut? How could hunting pressure impact a biological process driven by the length of the nights?

Page 17 of 23 « First<1516171819>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Tennessee Todd, Unicam, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Bobby G, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Kyle Coulahan, Mathews_Killer, jrbookingtn, pb10point, TEXAS
13535 Registered Users
Who's Online
53 registered (Aquaholic, DBLAARCHERY, Vermin93, gigger14, bass56, the deerslayer, 7 invisible) and 97 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13535 Members
42 Forums
99158 Topics
1166099 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
November
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.052 seconds in which 0.003 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.