Tndeer Logo

Page 2 of 3 <123>
Topic Options
#3063563 - 12/04/12 05:46 PM Re: BOB COSTAS Gun Control SPEECH RESPONSE [Re: BMan]
tntaxidermist
4 Point

Loc: TN

I totally agree that by him quoting Whitlock he made out that he was endorsing what he said. Im going more by what i heard this morning coming directly from the horses mouth not what people are telling me.

#3063694 - 12/04/12 07:00 PM Re: BOB COSTAS Gun Control SPEECH RESPONSE [Re: BMan]
guthooked
4 Point

Loc: Gibbs

I've lost quite a bit of respect for costas. Even quoting, he had a pretty clear purpose on national television. Unless He were to revoke his original statement he's lost a fan.

#3063794 - 12/04/12 07:48 PM Re: BOB COSTAS Gun Control SPEECH RESPONSE [Re: guthooked]
tntaxidermist
4 Point

Go to danpatrick.com and listen to the interview from this morning.

#3064048 - 12/04/12 10:56 PM Re: BOB COSTAS Gun Control SPEECH RESPONSE [Re: tntaxidermist]
Koyodiak
8 Point

Loc: Kodak, TN

Originally Posted By: tntaxidermist

Why, I watched the football game and saw/heard his comments live?

There was little confusion over what Costas said/meant.

#3064417 - 12/05/12 09:22 AM Re: BOB COSTAS Gun Control SPEECH RESPONSE [Re: Koyodiak]
TOW
10 Point

Loc: Back 40

Damage control as Costas goes on O'Reilly tonight

Hopefully Bill will ask if he or NBC wrote what he read?

#3064555 - 12/05/12 11:03 AM Re: BOB COSTAS Gun Control SPEECH RESPONSE [Re: BMan]
OHVATN
4 Point

Loc: Middle TN

No way this happened. This tragic event just could not have happened. Nothing to see here. Move along. After all, gun control saves us and protects us safe and secure in our homes with fairies and sugar plums, according to Bob. /sarc off/ This is what happens when an intelligent, well spoken, yet arrogant, good looking, on-air bubble head spouts off on a subject or event they actually know nothing or very little about. According to Bob, the American people and the NRA just have to get on the gun control bandwagon so these tragic events don't happen anymore. Don't you know, per Bob's line of thinking and logic, that if there was gun control in this situation, this would not have happened? Come on, become enlightened won't you. Just like Bob. /sarc back on/ What I just can't figure out, and maybe someone can explain this to me because I'm perplexed, is that the guy had hand gun permits for his weapons including the handgun used in the murder/suicide. Given ownership of said permits, he undoubtedly purchased the gun pursuant to a waiting period, and underwent a state police/FBI background check before acquiring said gun and said permit. Isn't that gun control in action? So, this tragic event simply could not have happened. I don't care what Bob says or what the news reported. THIS DID NOT HAPPEN. The gun control laws protect that young women from the football player and the football player from himself. That's what Bob and Whitlock and all of the gun control advocates say. Gun control would never have allowed this to happen.

As I have been typing, I also recalled that other shooting spree. Could someone also explain to me how that guy in New York City a few months back came to work, shot and killed his boss, and then was shot and killed by the police (while the police also shot about 8 bystanders)? The gun control laws in New York City make it illegal to purchase, own, or possess a firearm, so I haven't figured out how that guy owned and possessed a firearm used in a murder. That was against the New York City gun laws after all and the guy's boss was most assuredly protected from being murdered by a gun wasn't he? I'VE DECIDED THAT NEVER HAPPENED EITHER. THE BOSS WAS KEPT SAFE AND SOUND BY GUN CONTROL.

#3064627 - 12/05/12 11:57 AM Re: BOB COSTAS Gun Control SPEECH RESPONSE [Re: Koyodiak]
tntaxidermist
4 Point

Originally Posted By: Koyodiak

Your right, lets just go by what he quoted from someone else's article. Lets be narrow minded and not let him explain anything just pick one thing he said and go with it. Lets judge him on that 50 sec clip for the rest of our and his lives. Heck yeah he's an idiot for sure.

#3064637 - 12/05/12 12:04 PM Re: BOB COSTAS Gun Control SPEECH RESPONSE [Re: tntaxidermist]
BMan
16 Point

Loc: Middle TN

Tntaxidermist you said yesterday that you agreed Costas endorsed those views. What is there to discuss? He came out as an antigun fool who blamed an inanimate piece of metal for a human's actions. We know what he said and that he believes it; why should he be given the opportunity to spin his story now? His viewpoint is crystal clear.

#3064712 - 12/05/12 01:07 PM Re: BOB COSTAS Gun Control SPEECH RESPONSE [Re: tntaxidermist]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

Originally Posted By: Koyodiak

Your right, lets just go by what he quoted from someone else's article. Lets be narrow minded and not let him explain anything just pick one thing he said and go with it. Lets judge him on that 50 sec clip for the rest of our and his lives. Heck yeah he's an idiot for sure.

Where did BOB COSTAS explain anything?????

Ok I foubnd it, I do not watch MSNBC, the most anti-gun, anti-hunting, anti- conservative network in the US. So now I know where you are coming from.

NBC SPOKESMAN explained it the other day before Costas.

And Costas DID say he WAS for gun control.

If YOUR for gun control then come out and say so, don't hide behind Costas.

#3064771 - 12/05/12 01:46 PM Re: BOB COSTAS Gun Control SPEECH RESPONSE [Re: Wildcat]
TOW
10 Point

Loc: Back 40

BOB COSTAS: Well, you knew it was coming. In the aftermath of the nearly unfathomable events in Kansas City, that most mindless of sports clichés was heard yet again: Something like this really puts it all in perspective. Well, if so, that sort of perspective has a very short shelf-life since we will inevitably hear about the perspective we have supposedly again regained the next time ugly reality intrudes upon our games. Please, those who need tragedies to continually recalibrate their sense of proportion about sports would seem to have little hope of ever truly achieving perspective. You want some actual perspective on this? Well, a bit of it comes from the Kansas City-based writer Jason Whitlock with whom I do not always agree, but who today said it so well that we may as well just quote or paraphrase from the end of his article.

"Our current gun culture," Whitlock wrote, "ensures that more and more domestic disputes will end in the ultimate tragedy and that more convenience-store confrontations over loud music coming from a car will leave more teenage boys bloodied and dead."

"Handguns do not enhance our safety. They exacerbate our flaws, tempt us to escalate arguments, and bait us into embracing confrontation rather than avoiding it. In the coming days, Jovan Belcher’s actions, and their possible connection to football will be analyzed. Who knows?"

"But here," wrote Jason Whitlock," is what I believe. If Jovan Belcher didn’t possess a gun, he and Kasandra Perkins would both be alive today."

Page 2 of 3 <123>

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Litemup80, five by five, Doe1961, OfficerBuck, rapalabuck
13311 Registered Users
Who's Online
152 registered (Gravey, leader, Rackseeker, ruthunter, biglefty20, buckbstr_1, 13 invisible) and 220 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13311 Members
42 Forums
94091 Topics
1099218 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 1.272 seconds in which 0.009 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.