Tndeer Logo

Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#3061303 - 12/03/12 01:53 PM Tasco customer service
FULLDRAWXX75
12 Point

Loc: Adirondack Mtns, NY

Before anyone jumps on the band wagon and bashing Tasco quality, etc. I am not a huge fan of their product, but I purchased (2) 3x9x40 World Class scopes back in the early 80's. I mounted one on my .444 Marlin and the other on my .30-30 Marlin, I have killed plenty of deer with both guns and never had an ounce of trouble with either scope.
Well, my problem was I had put Butler Creek flip up lens caps on the .444 and then decided I didn't really care for them and removed them. I actually sold a bunch of them in a garage sale this past summer.................well, I pull the .444 out of the safe to use it this season and realize the rubber eye piece ring on the scope is missing. I am like wtheck, then it hit me............I bet it came off with the lens cover. Yep, the ones I sold last summer.
So, I get on line and contact ABO, Inc who now covers all Tasco parts, service and repairs. The gentleman was very helpful and pleasant, and took my order last Thurs. and I received the eye ring in todays mail. Now, it was not free or anything, we are talking nearly 30 yrs ago that I purchased the scopes, but the fact that they had them (in stock) and I had them in two business days is pretty good as far as I am concerned.

FDXX75

#3061357 - 12/03/12 02:18 PM Re: Tasco customer service [Re: FULLDRAWXX75]
BirdDog123
4 Point

Loc: Tennesssee, US

Yeah that is pretty dang good! I was expecting this post to be competely different. Sounds like you did well for the money spent.

I know guys with Leupolds that miss deer like they had duct tape for scope mounts lol. All about the shooter IMO

#3061384 - 12/03/12 02:37 PM Re: Tasco customer service [Re: BirdDog123]
BigD_625
10 Point

Loc: Maury County, TN

Not to be argumentative or hijack your thread, but I had a conflicting experience. I will never purchase another Tasco. They wanted $65 to fix a scope that I sent that only needed a set screw on the Magnification selection knob. It was an older World Class (not made in China). I can buy the newer version of the same scope (Made in China) new for $40. Bushnell is owned by the same parent company, but their customer service is MUCH better. Go figure.

My guess is that the ocular lens size hasn't changed much in 30 years, so the part you ordered is probably for a new scope with the same size lens as the older one.

With that said, I'm glad you had a good experience.

#3061414 - 12/03/12 03:04 PM Re: Tasco customer service [Re: BigD_625]
FULLDRAWXX75
12 Point

Loc: Adirondack Mtns, NY

Originally Posted By: BigD_625
Not to be argumentative or hijack your thread, but I had a conflicting experience. I will never purchase another Tasco. They wanted $65 to fix a scope that I sent that only needed a set screw on the Magnification selection knob. It was an older World Class (not made in China). I can buy the newer version of the same scope (Made in China) new for $40. Bushnell is owned by the same parent company, but their customer service is MUCH better. Go figure.

My guess is that the ocular lens size hasn't changed much in 30 years, so the part you ordered is probably for a new scope with the same size lens as the older one.

With that said, I'm glad you had a good experience.

I too have had bad experiences with other "big" brand name companies. I guess it is all luck of the draw when it comes to customer service these days. I also think that the customers expectations tend to influence their experience as well.

FDXX75

#3061457 - 12/03/12 03:41 PM Re: Tasco customer service [Re: FULLDRAWXX75]
BigD_625
10 Point

Loc: Maury County, TN

Originally Posted By: FULLDRAWXX75

I too have had bad experiences with other "big" brand name companies. I guess it is all luck of the draw when it comes to customer service these days. I also think that the customers expectations tend to influence their experience as well.

FDXX75

Agreed.

I had tasco replace a scope years ago with a new one, and I was happy until I realized they replaced a Japanese model with a Chinese (didn't know the difference at the time).

After dealing with Bushnell first this past year and knowing all the scope needed was a screw, I figured Tasco would be as willing to help. I was wrong. The guy I talked to at Bushnell forwarded my questions to "the Tasco side of the company", and they had a totally different attitude about customer service.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  RUGER, gtk, Bobby G, Unicam, CBU93, stretch, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
swampdonkey83, chrisp711, DEH20, tomtalker, jg12
13193 Registered Users
Who's Online
108 registered (stik, HDUKE1986, wskp11, mossyhorns300, Billboy, Meateater, 17 invisible) and 134 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13193 Members
42 Forums
91318 Topics
1067533 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.04 seconds in which 0 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.