Non-Typical

Loc: TN

Will do man. Sounds like a plan.

#3059412 - 12/02/12 11:33 AM Re: LBL [Re: nate17]
TITANSFAN2104
8 Point

Loc: watertown ,TN

Originally Posted By: nate17
That contest has gotten smaller and smaller every year it seems. They havent been taking a lot of dogs in recent years if i remember right.

Its been gettin pressure very beginning of feb right when it opens then it slows down.

Last year there were 17 killed I believe !! If ruger will let me I can post a link to another site with info and pictures. Or he can pm one of us and get the info and decide if he wants it posted here. It's an awesome hunt.

#3059425 - 12/02/12 11:43 AM Re: LBL [Re: Mid]
driver
4 Point

Loc: Robertson

Originally Posted By: Mid
Lots of em there...Feburary is pretty cool there...it is open to centerfire and shotguns up to "T" shot size all of Feburary...and you get to go dressed as a predator hunter. most of all of the WMA's around the middle tennessee area are regulated to rimfire and shoutguns up to "4" shot size...if you can secure private land that will allow you to use normal sized guns when big game season closes...good luck and happy calling..

I thought WMA were rimfire only also other than deer season. But someone else point out on this forum that Jun 1st to Feb 28th Fri, Sat and Sun you can hunt crow with a centerfired weapon (page 14 of hunting regulation). So that means you can hunt coyote with a centerfired weapon on those days as long as you meet the requirements to hunt crows. Am I missing something here?

#3059652 - 12/02/12 02:44 PM Re: LBL [Re: driver]
Mid
4 Point

Loc: Kingston Springs, TN

Originally Posted By: driver
Lots of em there...Feburary is pretty cool there...it is open to centerfire and shotguns up to "T" shot size all of Feburary...and you get to go dressed as a predator hunter. most of all of the WMA's around the middle tennessee area are regulated to rimfire and shoutguns up to "4" shot size...if you can secure private land that will allow you to use normal sized guns when big game season closes...good luck and happy calling..

I thought WMA were rimfire only also other than deer season. But someone else point out on this forum that Jun 1st to Feb 28th Fri, Sat and Sun you can hunt crow with a centerfired weapon (page 14 of hunting regulation). So that means you can hunt coyote with a centerfired weapon on those days as long as you meet the requirements to hunt crows. Am I missing something here?

I dont think you are allowed centerfire for crows on WMA or at least that is what my understanding is...the predator hunting regulations in Tennessee are a little goofy....LBL is different and correct me if i am wrong, it is federal land and actually sets it own seasons and parameters, i dont know when they started the February centerfire predator hunting thing but i have lived in TN since '01 and its has been that since then i believe. And as far as i know during non big game season you can use centerfire for coyotes year round on private property...but that might need a clarification from TWRA

#3059669 - 12/02/12 03:00 PM Re: LBL [Re: Mid]
RUGER Administrator
Bambi Killa
Non-Typical

Mid,
In TN on private land during deer season you have to use the legal weapon that is open for deer.
ie: No centerfires during bow or muzzleloader only seasons. \:\(

#3059675 - 12/02/12 03:05 PM Re: LBL [Re: RUGER]
Mid
4 Point

Loc: Kingston Springs, TN

Correct....i reread what i wrote and i think it came out wrong..thats what i get for being educated in Mississippi...i did not intend to mislead anyone
#3059689 - 12/02/12 03:31 PM Re: LBL [Re: Mid]
RUGER Administrator
Bambi Killa
Non-Typical

LOL @ educated in Mississippi \:D

My plant manager is from Shaw MS and he is always saying, "I am just an ole country boy from Shaw MS, but........" Cracks me up. \:D

#3059734 - 12/02/12 04:04 PM Re: LBL [Re: Mid]
driver
4 Point

Loc: Robertson

Originally Posted By: driver

I dont think you are allowed centerfire for crows on WMA or at least that is what my understanding is...the predator hunting regulations in Tennessee are a little goofy....LBL is different and correct me if i am wrong, it is federal land and actually sets it own seasons and parameters, i dont know when they started the February centerfire predator hunting thing but i have lived in TN since '01 and its has been that since then i believe. And as far as i know during non big game season you can use centerfire for coyotes year round on private property...but that might need a clarification from TWRA

Mid thanks. Not trying to be argumentative but I read the info about coyote hunting on WMA with centerfire weapon on this thread. http://www.tndeer.com/tndeertalk/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2910187&page=2#Post2910187

It made sense to me. I hunt at Cheathman WMA I going to email/call the WMA manager and game warren to clear through them before I go.

#3059752 - 12/02/12 04:17 PM Re: LBL [Re: driver]
TITANSFAN2104
8 Point

Loc: watertown ,TN

Driver that the reason we wait till February for the hunt. All deer seasons are closed and centerfire is allowed.
http://forum.finsandfur.net/index.php?board=31.0
Are you sure lbl is considered a wma?? Because we were told you only need your regular hunting license along with the lbl permit.

Edited by TITANSFAN2104 (12/02/12 04:22 PM)

#3059755 - 12/02/12 04:18 PM Re: LBL [Re: driver]
RUGER Administrator
Bambi Killa
Non-Typical

driver,
LBL is not a wma.

http://www.lbl.org/SmallGameGuide.html

"Coyote, Feral Hogs, Armadillos: may be taken during daylight hours in any open hunting season with weapons specified for that season. Hand, mouth, or electronic calling devices are permitted. During February, center-fire rifles and handguns, and shotguns with shot size T or smaller may be used. Hog hunting with dogs is prohibited."

Page 2 of 3 <123>

Moderator:  Bobby G, Unicam, RUGER, Taylor, TeamTndeer, Tennessee Todd, CBU93, gtk, stretch, Cuttin Caller, TurkeyBurd, Kimber45, Mrs.Unicam, Crappie Luck 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
TboneD, sbhockey, ZachA, DocT, Raegan
13202 Registered Users
Who's Online
74 registered (feathersandfur2214, Master Chief, chip, old guy, biglefty20, bassybuck47, 6 invisible) and 103 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13202 Members
42 Forums
91468 Topics
1069295 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.042 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.