Tndeer Logo

Page 9 of 13 « First<7891011>Last »
Topic Options
#3061529 - 12/03/12 04:25 PM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: Brisco Darlin]
7mm08
10 Point

Loc: In a river hopefully!

content Online
A burning car while grouse hunting near Petros

A small safe in the Clinch River that had partially been opened. I opened the rest and found prescription bottles inside.

An unopened beer in the Clich .....man was it good at 53 degrees!

#3061540 - 12/03/12 04:30 PM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: 7mm08]
Dbllunger
10 Point

Loc: Middle Tennessee

A freshly dead 3 legged bobcat with blood everywhere. Front left leg was missing and completely healed over. Next to the dead bobcat was the left broken antler from a six point buck. Month later 700 yards away while deer hunting, here came a six point buck with a broken left antler. I let him pass, figured he had been through enough

#3061645 - 12/03/12 05:40 PM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: Greenhead]
turk870
6 Point

Loc: centerville

Originally Posted By: Greenhead
Man! This is a really neat thread. As a kid I found a gravesite for 3 people out in he woods behind my neighborhood. Come to find out it was the farmers who owned the place way back when. A year or so after that I found where someone had dug them up. Why?
I know where there is a beech tree in Hickman county that has initials in it. 2 sets. One from the 30's and one from the 50's.
is this beech tree on old willamatte property off of morgans creek rd

#3061662 - 12/03/12 05:49 PM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: turk870]
Buckykm1
Thunder Chicken Man
10 Point

Loc: East Side

I really love reading this. I never thought i would get so many responses. I need to get out more. You guys are great.

#3061676 - 12/03/12 05:53 PM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: Dbllunger]
walker07
4 Point

Loc: tn, blount

About 18 years ago we were hunting Catoosa on an archery hunt. While scouting way back in the woods, I found a medicine bottle on top of some rocks. Out of curiosity I picked it up to examine the label(faded out and couldn't read), so I opened it up to find a surprise. Some fellow had wrote a long note folded up and left behind. The note was really pretty neat, he wrote about how they always came on a family hunting trip every year. He claimed to always take small radio and play music and spend more time relaxing and enjoying the outdoors. He also claimed he seen more deer than everybody he hunted with, claims they are curious with country playing softly!! He never signed or gave his name in the letter but referenced a brother in law by name and area they were from. A few years back with the Internet I started searching the brother in law and area they were from. The first name that looked to be a exact or very close affiliation I called was the older gentleman that had written the note. He laughed and said I was the first to ever call him, we talked for a good bit!!! He was a really nice guy, and claimed to have left letters all over Catoosa. Anybody else found 1 at Catoosa?
#3061887 - 12/03/12 07:31 PM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: turk870]
Greenhead
4 Point

Loc: Chattanooga, TN

No. Swan creek.

#3061895 - 12/03/12 07:33 PM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: walker07]
rem270
16 Point

Loc: south fulton

Originally Posted By: walker07
About 18 years ago we were hunting Catoosa on an archery hunt. While scouting way back in the woods, I found a medicine bottle on top of some rocks. Out of curiosity I picked it up to examine the label(faded out and couldn't read), so I opened it up to find a surprise. Some fellow had wrote a long note folded up and left behind. The note was really pretty neat, he wrote about how they always came on a family hunting trip every year. He claimed to always take small radio and play music and spend more time relaxing and enjoying the outdoors. He also claimed he seen more deer than everybody he hunted with, claims they are curious with country playing softly!! He never signed or gave his name in the letter but referenced a brother in law by name and area they were from. A few years back with the Internet I started searching the brother in law and area they were from. The first name that looked to be a exact or very close affiliation I called was the older gentleman that had written the note. He laughed and said I was the first to ever call him, we talked for a good bit!!! He was a really nice guy, and claimed to have left letters all over Catoosa. Anybody else found 1 at Catoosa?

Thats pretty neat \:\)

Its not what happens in life, but how you react to it that matters.

#3062003 - 12/03/12 08:08 PM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: rem270]
woodyard
4 Point

Loc: Dresden,TN

I was in a group that had a field leased up on top of a ridge overlooking the Cumberland River and Cross Creeks Refuge for goose hunting. We planted corn one year on about three acres. I think I was the first one to go hunting one year and while walking in to the pit , I saw an open grave with remanents of human skeleton laying on top of ground. It was an old,old grave lined with limestone slabs and had a few pushed aside on top. No marker stone was there( I had mowed and plowed the field before). Had one of our guys who was an Indian artifact guy take a look and decided it was probably someone on the river who died and they took the body up on the ridge and buried them. We reburied everything. We couldn't figure out how anyone would have found that exact spot to dig it up looking for artifacts. It made the hair stand up on my neck when I first saw it.
#3062040 - 12/03/12 08:23 PM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: woodyard]
JoeVaquero
4 Point

Loc: West Tn

This is the best thread ever! I'm hoping to find a duffle bag full of cash one of these days.
#3062110 - 12/03/12 08:56 PM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: JoeVaquero]
woodyard
4 Point

Loc: Dresden,TN

I always look for those duffel bags when I am in the Gulf.
Page 9 of 13 « First<7891011>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Outdoor Lady, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck, Kirk 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
bassassassin7, BBQ, Kornhunter, Afleming17, 260rem
13281 Registered Users
Who's Online
89 registered (redheadshooter, Boll Weevil, Brisco Darlin, imograss, cbhunter, varminthunter123, 14 invisible) and 137 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13281 Members
42 Forums
85241 Topics
1030169 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.265 seconds in which 0.013 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.