Tndeer Logo

Page all of 13 12345>Last »
Topic Options
#3057522 - 11/30/12 08:20 PM What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods
Buckykm1
Thunder Chicken Man
10 Point

Loc: East Side

Last year hunting TVA land i found a old motor and transmission. It was way back. Even after they flooded never understood why it was there. I was going to go back to take some pics but never got around to it. Just wondering if you guys have found anything interesting.

#3057529 - 11/30/12 08:25 PM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: Buckykm1]
Backwudz
8 Point

Loc: Jefferson County, Tn

Found an old Chevy truck on TVA also. Floor board was rotted out, windows broken and a tree about 9 or 10 inches thick growing up through the floor and out the drivers side window! Also...found a tree with a guy and girls name carved into it that was done in 1953.

#3057531 - 11/30/12 08:25 PM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: Buckykm1]
beechnut
12 Point

Loc: DRUMMONDS TN 38023

This year?.....a deer!...... \:D

#3057533 - 11/30/12 08:29 PM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: beechnut]
Kirk Moderator
Cerebral Assassin
16 Point

Loc: Cleveland, TN USA

A Ninja Throwing Star stuck in a tree up on Sylco Mountain in the Cherokee National Forest.
#3057537 - 11/30/12 08:30 PM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: beechnut]
pressfit
10 Point

Loc: Giles Co. Tn

One day while looking to buy a farm.. on a very steep and extra rocky wooded hillside.. I found a plastic 55 gallon barrel buried to the rim.. the top was cut out with a chainsaw.. it had been there for years.. it was full of rainwater and leaves.. no trail nearby, no spring nearby, and no visible rock pile where the contents of the hole was piled.. really weird.. to steep to be part of a still.. it would have taken hours to dig the hole by hand.. no way to get a tractor to it..

#3057562 - 11/30/12 08:44 PM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: pressfit]
fourwheeler431
14 Point

Loc: Powell

Found a furnace of some kind at oak ridge on the draw hunt,looked like it could have been part of a makeshift still at one time.

#3057623 - 11/30/12 09:20 PM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: fourwheeler431]
tnfirefighter
8 Point

Loc: East Tennessee

found a recliner brushed in against a tree on the tva land at watts bar about 10 years ago. also found a truck seat on the same property LOL

#3057633 - 11/30/12 09:26 PM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: tnfirefighter]
DMAG
4 Point

Loc: Bradley County, TN

It happened to me about 2 months ago. Well I guess you could call it weird, more like sad, but I found my neighbor, who had committed suicide by hanging himself by my food plot, so I would find him and not his kids.
#3057635 - 11/30/12 09:26 PM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: fourwheeler431]
Dolan82
4 Point

Loc: Hermitage. Tn

Strangest thing in Tennessee was a meth lab. But the strangest thing ever was when I lived in Florida and was hunting a national forest that was over 300,000 acres I came across the front end of a airplane that had been in the woods for years. No wings or anything else. Just the front part of it. Had to have been a crash because there was not a road for 3 square miles. It was kind of creepy and cool al the sametime.

#3057637 - 11/30/12 09:27 PM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: tnfirefighter]
Mr.x
Spike

Loc: Cannon

I saw a pair of ladies silk panties about 14 feet up in a tree way back in the woods, took 30 minutes on horseback. Just kept riding!
#3057654 - 11/30/12 09:34 PM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: Mr.x]
Crosshairy
10 Point

Loc: Bartlett, TN

content Online
Holy cow...you guys have some crazy ones. DMAG - that's absolutely nuts. I'm sorry you had to see that...it must mess with you.

My dad and I have found some old grave stones, a few which pre-date the Civil War, on the ridges overlooking the Kentucky Lake. I always thought that was neat.

#3057661 - 11/30/12 09:37 PM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: Crosshairy]
SEC
6 Point

Loc: TN

I stumbled upon a shoulder mounted 6 point once right after the flood water went down. I dont know where it came from but the next flash flood moved it on down the bottom.
#3057677 - 11/30/12 09:49 PM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: SEC]
Nimrod777
Non-Typical

Loc: Spring Hill, TN

#3057684 - 11/30/12 09:55 PM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: Nimrod777]
kknights27
4 Point

Loc: Knoxville,TN

Im glad this thread was made. I had forgot about what my cousin and I found while hunting at Loyston Point about a month ago. Up off the lake bank a bit there was a flat spot up on a small hill where there was some lush thick green vegetation growing, and we noticed there were several sunken in places in rows throughout this space, and we soon realized there were large stones placed at the head of each of them. Like gravesites, but there was no etchinbg in them. They werent cut stones, just random large stones placed at the head of each place. Over 12 of them. Had to be graves..... Any other explanation? Im not certain.....

"Greatness is acheived in steps, small building blocks, little by little"........Ray Lewis

"Dyin aint much of a livin, boy!"...... Josey Wales!!

#3057749 - 11/30/12 11:20 PM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: Mr.x]
DaveB
10 Point

Loc: Shelby County

I found a still with about a 2 foot tall pile of broken mason jars, this was in Hardeman County. In Florida I found a small alligator dead with a seagull in his throat. When I was 8 I found a basement, nothing else, made out of rock slabs, in the middle of a forest surrounded by big trees. My Dad made me take him to see it, it was ancient, really creepy. In Angeles National Forest there is an old road crossing the mountains between LA and the San Jaquin Valley, its on the map. You wouldn't believe the junk old wheels and tires and stuff like that I found. You could look over the edge and see what was left of vehicles that didn't make the trip.
#3057783 - 12/01/12 01:37 AM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: DaveB]
Chaneylake
Brownsville Mafia
16 Point

Loc: on the wings of a snow white d...

whiskey still axed by the feds, about 3/4 mile east of now existing O'Neals Lake, Hatchie Refuge, 1965

Living somewhere between this world and the other, Legends of the Fall

#3057801 - 12/01/12 04:52 AM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: Nimrod777]
Diehard Hunter
CRAMP
12 Point

Originally Posted By: Nimrod777

I think there are fees quotes from deliverance that are applicable here!

#3057802 - 12/01/12 04:54 AM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: Diehard Hunter]
Diehard Hunter
CRAMP
12 Point

On the fodder stack trail in Tellico, there is an old railroad lantern inside a big poplar tree.the tree has grown around everything except the glass.

#3057834 - 12/01/12 05:51 AM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: Diehard Hunter]
NBF7240
8 Point

Loc: Tn

This year i found a plastic kids duffel bag on my property where i hunt....

I wonder if tornados from this year could have blown it in there?

Facebook Collins Farm Beef

#3057890 - 12/01/12 07:28 AM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: NBF7240]
jar
4 Point

Loc: tn, rutherford county

In Ky we found several set ups where someone was making meth. In eastern ky I found an old airplane that was supposedly used to transport moonshine. On another prop. we could hear tarps flapping, we went to look and it was someones camp to process there pot, we never went back there again.
#3057896 - 12/01/12 07:31 AM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: NBF7240]
GRAMPS
14 Point

Loc: Mount Carmel, TN

I also had a weird find on TVA land. It was in Hawkins County next to Cherokee Lake. I had stopped hunting for the morning and was looking around for a place to move my climber when I came upon a rototiller sitting in the woods with a lawn chair sitting right beside it. Tiller had weeds and small trees growing up thru it and looked like it had been there for a while.

Also, about forty years ago, I was grouse hunting and came upon a pair of post hole diggers leaning against a tree on the side of a mountain. There was no fence anywhere nearby and I have no idea why the post hole diggers were there.

#3057898 - 12/01/12 07:33 AM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: GRAMPS]
Eric Kilby
10 Point

Loc: Tellico Plains

confused Online
some people use post hole diggers to bury Urns but who knows ..

#3057901 - 12/01/12 07:34 AM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: Mr.x]
hvacmd
6 Point

My ex brother in law
#3057903 - 12/01/12 07:36 AM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: hvacmd]
Eric Kilby
10 Point

confused Online
i once walked up on a couple while hunting ... in the act of lets say showing their love to each other ... the trail took me within 10yds of them and they didnt notice / care that i was there

#3057915 - 12/01/12 07:50 AM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: DMAG]
in the dog house!
14 Point

Loc: west tn

So sorry to hear that. I hate to think that things could get so bad that anyone would feel that the only way out....... as they say " a permanent solution to a temporary problem" ....... So sad. I feel for you finding him and the loss to his family.... God bless DMAG

Edited by in the dog house! (12/01/12 08:26 AM)

Μολων λαβε

#3057923 - 12/01/12 08:01 AM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: in the dog house!]
pressfit
10 Point

20 years ago I was bowhunting in colorado.. we were 75 miles from the nearest payphone.. the place we were hunting looked like virgin ground.. I dont think white men had ever stepped foot there.. we were really back in the boonies.. you never saw a sign of any human life.. not a coke bottle, not a cig but, not a old beer can..nothing.. well i was creeping through a big evergreen stand of trees and something shiny catches me eyes..lol.. i walk over and its a true value hardware 25' tape measure.. so as i go to pick it up im thinking.. is this thing wired to a explosive?? naw.. surly not.. i grab it.. hook it on my belt and used it daily for about 2 years.. it must have fallen from a plane or helicopter

#3057930 - 12/01/12 08:10 AM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: in the dog house!]
in the dog house!
14 Point

Loc: west tn

The strangest thing ive found in woods was in north al. There is a bench on the mountain in a hollow directly across from a large cave. On the bench there are piles of rocks all waist hi and range from 3 ft across to 8 ft. There were 40 to 50 of these piles on this 20 acer bench. And at the bottom of the hollow is a large limestone rock with smaller limestone rocks piled on top. Upon closer inspection i noticed one of the rocks was square on the end. I removed the top 3 or 4 rocks ( and carefully replaced them) to get a better look at the square ended rock and it was long pie shaped and it pointed directly to the cave. IMO it was obv indian sign left when they rounded all the Indians up for the trail of tears. So sad. i guess they thought they would return one day and wanted to leave a marker to point the way home. And as to the piles of rocks i assume they were old indian graves.

Μολων λαβε

#3057939 - 12/01/12 08:19 AM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: Buckykm1]
Wobblyshot1
8 Point

Loc: Rutherford County

Piles of coconut shells on the Cumberland Springs Area outside of Tullahoma....Always suspected they were remnants from the old Camp Forrest days.
N.M.L.R.A. Member
I like Flintlocks!

#3057968 - 12/01/12 08:32 AM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: DMAG]
Pic IN the Casa
14 Point

Originally Posted By: DMAG
It happened to me about 2 months ago. Well I guess you could call it weird, more like sad, but I found my neighbor, who had committed suicide by hanging himself by my food plot, so I would find him and not his kids.

How thoughtful of him. Sorry, I have no respect for those that do that to family and friends.

#3057990 - 12/01/12 08:47 AM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: Pic IN the Casa]
DMAG
4 Point

I enjoy these threads, makes me say what what was going on there? I would like to throw this out, not to hijack by any means, but if any of you guys get depressed, please feel free to contact me or any other friend that may be able to help you. Life is tough at times, but this site is a great place for social interaction and provides a perfect means of help for those that may need it. God Bless to all.
#3058000 - 12/01/12 08:53 AM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: DMAG]
Pic IN the Casa
14 Point

DMAG, my post wasn't meant to be disrespectful to you. Over the last 5 years I knew two fathers that screwed their family and friends over by killing themselves. Honestly, it's really hard for me to even think of forgiving them still.

#3058002 - 12/01/12 08:54 AM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: DMAG]
muskyhunter
4 Point

Loc: fentress

a rod and reel in a thicket on top of brimstone mountain where is now north cumberland wma. miles and miles away from anywhere to fish
#3058098 - 12/01/12 10:18 AM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: jar]
huntintn
8 Point

Loc: savannah,TN

found a bigfoot that had choked to death on a panther.

#3058116 - 12/01/12 10:34 AM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: huntintn]
bowriter
Non-Typical

Loc: Lebanon,TN USA

Guy from Centerville.

Constipation has ruined many a good day. Not as many as stupidity, though.

#3058126 - 12/01/12 10:42 AM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: bowriter]
SES
8 Point

Loc: Corryton, Tn

I found a bunch of "medicinal herbs" about 15 years ago up on Fork Mountain on North Cumberland. Also found a burned out toytota tercel up there. It was hard for me to get my four wheeler to where I was at. No idea how they got the tercel back there.
#3058133 - 12/01/12 10:51 AM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: SES]
DMAG
4 Point

Oh yea man, none taken at all, I hope that i didnt come across negative in any way. I never mean to come across rude. Its funny sometimes, since words have not tone, something even nice can sound rude when read. But I didnt take it rude man, no problem. I agree, my dad did this to me and my sister and I have always called him a coward. He was bipolar and I have always worried about depression, but never had it. About three days after I found my neighbor, I got depressed, and only for about 2 hours while going to sleep one night. Man, talk about misunderstanding what depression is, I thought I understood what it was, but boy was I wrong. I feel sorry for those that struggle with that, lt was the lowest place I have ever felt. But thank God, Never had it after that.

Edited by DMAG (12/01/12 10:55 AM)

#3058199 - 12/01/12 11:44 AM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: DMAG]
Happy Birthday TeamMainStreet
8 Point

Loc: Union County,Tn

I found a pair of bikini bottoms on top of the ridge one day. Seen a bra hanging in a limb on the side of the road once. The creepiest was up on the mountain off New River Rd I found a baby dolls head, looked like the doll head on spider legs from toy story, layin off in the woods in BFE.

Edited by TeamMainStreet (12/01/12 11:44 AM)

Dont tread on me

#3058217 - 12/01/12 12:01 PM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: Eric Kilby]
CATCHDAWG
10 Point

Loc: Bradley co. TN

Originally Posted By: Eric Kilby
i once walked up on a couple while hunting ... in the act of lets say showing their love to each other ... the trail took me within 10yds of them and they didnt notice / care that i was there

I've had this happen twice, one of the times it was two women.

#3058223 - 12/01/12 12:05 PM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: Diehard Hunter]
Hill Country Hunter
10 Point

Loc: Chattanooga, TN

Originally Posted By: Diehard Hunter
On the fodder stack trail in Tellico, there is an old railroad lantern inside a big poplar tree.the tree has grown around everything except the glass.

I love the Citico and have backpacked almost all the trails except the portion of Fodderstack between Pine Ridge and Bob Bald. Where is lantern tree? I will have to look for it.

#3058277 - 12/01/12 01:26 PM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: Hill Country Hunter]
Dolan82
4 Point

Loc: Hermitage. Tn

I have a picture of a strange thing found in the woods but can't figure out how to post it from my phone. Can anyone help ?

#3058297 - 12/01/12 02:01 PM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: Dolan82]
kdxdude
10 Point

Loc: Cleveland, Tn.

In Maury Co on TVA land, referred to now as Yanahli, I found a makeshift campsite way off the road. It had a lean-too with a tarp stretched across it with a mattress under it. There was a stump about 3 ft in diameter that appeared they were using as a table. It had melted lead all over the top of it. There were about 30 ziploc bags hanging from tree limbs that were full of leaves & water. Very strange.

Also on Yanahli way off the road, found a stack of those plastic trays that new plants come in like ya buy at Lowes or Home Depot. The trays that have little squares that the dirt sits in. Those trays were stacked up on top of each other beside a tree. The stack was waist high. Figured somebody had planted some weed out there, I never found any, though I desperately searched LOL!!

#3058300 - 12/01/12 02:08 PM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: CATCHDAWG]
SES
8 Point

Originally Posted By: CATCHDAWG

You should have asked them if they needed some help!!

#3058360 - 12/01/12 03:12 PM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: SES]
pcrc
8 Point

Loc: Knoxville

Originally Posted By: SES

Most of the time they dont look like the ones in the movies.

#3058363 - 12/01/12 03:15 PM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: pcrc]
SES
8 Point

Originally Posted By: pcrc

When did that ever matter! \:D \:o

#3058400 - 12/01/12 03:41 PM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: SES]
Rockhound
10 Point

Loc: Lawrence Co. TN

A barnett crossbow
Isaiah 40:31.... Those who wait upon The Lord .....shall renew there strength ......

#3058402 - 12/01/12 03:42 PM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: SES]
Rockhound
10 Point

Loc: Lawrence Co. TN

\:D
Isaiah 40:31.... Those who wait upon The Lord .....shall renew there strength ......

#3058434 - 12/01/12 04:07 PM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: Rockhound]
Redwing
8 Point

Loc: Blount Co.

There is alot of scientific stuff at Oak Ridge, makes you wonder, "Should I stand in this spot very long"?
#3058507 - 12/01/12 05:00 PM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: Redwing]
stik
TnDeer Old Timer
18 Point

Loc: lenoir city,tn

Originally Posted By: Redwing
There is alot of scientific stuff at Oak Ridge, makes you wonder, "Should I stand in this spot very long"?

i know you don't want to be where you aren't supposed to be.

nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught

#3058509 - 12/01/12 05:02 PM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: stik]
Eric Kilby
10 Point

confused Online
 Originally Posted By: stik

lol that reminds me when i took a delivery to the y12 plant and was walking around pretending to take pictures with my phone ... they didnt find it funny

#3058529 - 12/01/12 05:12 PM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: stik]
plinker22
16 Point

Loc: Mountians of East Tennessee

Originally Posted By: stik

For this very reason, as well as the fact of HOT deer, I have chose to never apply for an Oak Ridge hunt.

Great stories guys. Keep 'em coming.

#3058562 - 12/01/12 05:34 PM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: SES]
CATCHDAWG
10 Point

Trying my best to keep it clean but mods can remove if need be but the chicks were hot! I'm sure they thought they were in the middle of nowhere but they were actually in a pool of a very popular trout stream that flows into the Ocoee river under a waterfall. Never knew I was there!

#3058791 - 12/01/12 07:55 PM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: SES]
pcrc
8 Point

Loc: Knoxville

When they look more like guys than they do like women, thats when it matters!

#3058809 - 12/01/12 08:06 PM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: pcrc]
Doc32603
Spike

Loc: Nashville

As a kid in FL, we mostly hunted a lease around Troy, AL. We had an old house on the edge of the property. I found some devil worshippers having some sort of ceremony there once. That FREAKED me out & I wouldn't go near that area in the dark for at least a year.

If any of you have hunted Ft Campbell, you find/see strange things there all the time. Before I knew my way around, I walked up on a middle Eastern looking village. None of the buildings had windows, but they all had bullet marks around them. I also walked up on one that looked like a western town of sorts once too. Come to find out they aren't secret or anything...but I thought I'd stumbled onto some top secret Hogan's Alley or something!

#3058960 - 12/01/12 09:59 PM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: Doc32603]
leader
14 Point

Loc: Knox

content Online
On my lease in Ga a 58 Fairlane. Been there for years. My buddies were like there's an old car, me being a car guy I went and looked it all over to see if there was anything salvageable down to emblems etc...
I spent about 30 minutes in the rain looking it over and came out and said its a an old Fairlane. Well they decided to out a stand close to it and low and behold its called the Fairlane stand....

#3058990 - 12/01/12 10:33 PM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: leader]
CATCHDAWG
10 Point

Originally Posted By: leader
On my lease in Ga a 58 Fairlane. Been there for years. My buddies were like there's an old car, me being a car guy I went and looked it all over to see if there was anything salvageable down to emblems etc...
I spent about 30 minutes in the rain looking it over and came out and said its a an old Fairlane. Well they decided to out a stand close to it and low and behold its called the Fairlane stand....

Now that is cool! Love those old Fords!

#3059162 - 12/02/12 07:37 AM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: CATCHDAWG]
lpo1981
6 Point

Loc: Dickson, TN

There used to be an old white toilet on the side of a trail where we hunted as kids. Was old public land williamette owned at the time around Bucksnort. Finding he toilet I don't guess was odd if was the fact that it was a good mile walk in and all being mostly uphill on a place that didn't allow atv or vehicle use.
#3059269 - 12/02/12 09:06 AM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: lpo1981]
FULLDRAWXX75
12 Point

Loc: Adirondack Mtns, NY

I found an alum. ball funnel hanging on a tree branch @ 6 miles back in the woods on forever wild state property that had never been logged. It is walk in only area, and I have never seen sign of another human in the entire area in 25 yrs of hunting up there, not even signs of human tracks in the snow.

And, just this yr. I found a tree that was growing out of an old porcelein pot, the pot was white with green specks @ 12" across the top and the tree was @ 11" in dia. at this point, it appears the bottom had rotted out of the pot and a seed had fallen into the pot many yrs ago. I wish I had taken a pic of it now.

FDXX75

#3059361 - 12/02/12 10:33 AM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: FULLDRAWXX75]
Greenhead
4 Point

Man! This is a really neat thread. As a kid I found a gravesite for 3 people out in he woods behind my neighborhood. Come to find out it was the farmers who owned the place way back when. A year or so after that I found where someone had dug them up. Why?
I know where there is a beech tree in Hickman county that has initials in it. 2 sets. One from the 30's and one from the 50's.

#3059410 - 12/02/12 11:32 AM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: Buckykm1]
Thunderchicken
Spike

Loc: Gallatin

LBL area 15 [img]http://[/img]
#3059445 - 12/02/12 12:00 PM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: DMAG]
MossyOakLandman
Spike

Loc: Germantown Tennessee

On my place in Hardeman County, there is a four panel interior door about 30 feet up in a tree. It landed there when a tornado that hit about 10 miles south of my place about 2 years ago

#3059502 - 12/02/12 12:49 PM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: MossyOakLandman]
Hill Country Hunter
10 Point

Originally Posted By: MossyOakLandman
On my place in Hardeman County, there is a four panel interior door about 30 feet up in a tree. It landed there when a tornado that hit about 10 miles south of my place about 2 years ago

Yep. Around here, there isn't an area of any of the mountains you can hunt without finding roofing, styrofoam insulation, siding, or plywood that was dropped by a torndo miles from the nearest house.

#3059514 - 12/02/12 12:57 PM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: Mr.x]
Bone Collector
14 Point

Loc: Murfreesboro, TN

content Online
Found an old ford or Chevy truck, didn;t get close enough to it to tell one way or the other. this was on LBL this year.

“There are hunters and there are victims. By your discipline, cunning, obedience and alertness, you will decide if you are a hunter or a victim.”
General James Mattis

#3060120 - 12/02/12 07:35 PM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: Mr.x]
Poleaxe
8 Point

Loc: Etowah Tennessee

Dynamite detonators. Hidden under a sheet of plywood I just happpened to step on inside a trash bag. I got the heck out of dodge and didnt go back.
#3060232 - 12/02/12 08:15 PM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: Dolan82]
TNDeerGuy
12 Point

Loc: Old Hickory/Mt.Juliet, TN

Originally Posted By: Dolan82
I have a picture of a strange thing found in the woods but can't figure out how to post it from my phone. Can anyone help ?

Text it to me and I'll post it for ya!

#3060464 - 12/02/12 09:45 PM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: TNDeerGuy]
BZ911
10 Point

Loc: TN USA

we found a box of dynamite under a rr bridge in brunswick as a kid. I nc my brother and i found a compact car way back it the woods with no engine. there was a tree growing in the engine area..

Edited by BZ911 (12/02/12 09:46 PM)

#3060493 - 12/02/12 09:54 PM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: BZ911]
Twinshooter
10 Point

Loc: Collierville, TN. USA

content Online
 Originally Posted By: BZ911
we found a box of dynamite under a rr bridge in brunswick as a kid. I nc my brother and i found a compact car way back it the woods with no engine. there was a tree growing in the engine area..

I found BZ911 wandering around in the woods a few years ago, man he was a site.

#3060504 - 12/02/12 10:07 PM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: Twinshooter]
SPickle
6 Point

Loc: dandridge

Have happened upon 2 burned cars and a couple getting in on at a creek! I kick a rock in the creek and the action stopped. They look my
Way and I ask how's it going?? Needless to say they scrambled to get covered up! I laughed all the way to my stand

#3060872 - 12/03/12 08:59 AM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: TNDeerGuy]
TNDeerGuy
12 Point

Loc: Old Hickory/Mt.Juliet, TN

Originally Posted By: TNDeerGuy
 Originally Posted By: Dolan82

Text it to me and I'll post it for ya!

Posted for Dolan82.

#3060887 - 12/03/12 09:10 AM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: Dolan82]
89cherokeelimited
6 Point

Loc: TN, Sumner, Hendersonville

A guy in a tree stand about 4' off the ground

He could've went up 10'-15' on the tree.

Edited by 89cherokeelimited (12/03/12 09:17 AM)

#3060909 - 12/03/12 09:30 AM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: Mr.x]
Brisco Darlin
8 Point

Loc: East Tn.

Found an old horse shoe on the property i used to hunt in claiborne co. It was in a creek. There used to be a CCC camp around there and i understood they logged alot of that property way back when.

#3060942 - 12/03/12 09:51 AM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: Brisco Darlin]
The Hammer
4 Point

Loc: Bartlett Tn

I found a helium balloon (one of those they have at birthday parties) it had a note on it. I was in Chester County and the balloon came from an old folk’s home in Dyer County.
#3060948 - 12/03/12 09:53 AM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: The Hammer]
Allen Sullivan
12 Point

Loc: Ridgely, TN

A working still, did a 180 and got out of there as fast as I could.
#3060949 - 12/03/12 09:53 AM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: Brisco Darlin]
Rebel
TnDeer Old Timer
12 Point

Loc: East Tennessee USA

content Online
Petrified sea shells on top of a mountain in Colorado. A downed weather balloon in Mississippi. A 1964 Squaw Valley Winter Olympics hat pin on another hunt in Colorado in 1984... Sheds. A meth lab in Macon Co. TN in 2009. Found an old DeSoto in Cherokee NF. Found horseshoes in Colorado too...

Tolerance is a virtue of those who believe in nothing.

Deo Vindice

#3060989 - 12/03/12 10:27 AM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: Rebel]
woodsman87
8 Point

Loc: south TN

content Online
When me and my friends were like 14 or 15 we found an opened bottle of some sort of wine. We drank it!
It was far off from where anybody body should have been. We were just walking through the woods and found it on the ground.

#3061288 - 12/03/12 01:41 PM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: Mr.x]
Slaughter-06
14 Point

Loc: Dyersburg,Tn.

Ruger and Johny Bond in Pink Tutu'S
#3061313 - 12/03/12 01:59 PM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: woodsman87]
SES
8 Point

Originally Posted By: woodsman87
When me and my friends were like 14 or 15 we found an opened bottle of some sort of wine. We drank it!
It was far off from where anybody body should have been. We were just walking through the woods and found it on the ground.
You sir, are lucky to be alive. No telling what that stuff was.

#3061402 - 12/03/12 02:49 PM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: SES]
bowriter
Non-Typical

Loc: Lebanon,TN USA

Dead body---twice. Once in the upper end of the Tetons. One had been buried and was believed to be an Indian that had just walked up there to die and one of his family buried him. The other was a suicide.

Constipation has ruined many a good day. Not as many as stupidity, though.

#3061419 - 12/03/12 03:13 PM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: bowriter]
GRAMPS
14 Point

Loc: Mount Carmel, TN

Finding a dead body would freak me out.

#3061428 - 12/03/12 03:20 PM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: SES]
FULLDRAWXX75
12 Point

Loc: Adirondack Mtns, NY

Originally Posted By: woodsman87
You sir, are lucky to be alive. No telling what that stuff was.

They're safe, I had to go really bad and the only thing I could find was that old wine bottle. Didn't want to mess up my watch with scent. LMBO

FDXX75

#3061435 - 12/03/12 03:27 PM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: Dolan82]
Backstrapcrazy
6 Point

Loc: powell , Tennessee

found a bigfoot that had choked to death on a panther.

I believe ya, lol

#3061529 - 12/03/12 04:25 PM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: Brisco Darlin]
7mm08
10 Point

Loc: In a river hopefully!

A burning car while grouse hunting near Petros

A small safe in the Clinch River that had partially been opened. I opened the rest and found prescription bottles inside.

An unopened beer in the Clich .....man was it good at 53 degrees!

#3061540 - 12/03/12 04:30 PM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: 7mm08]
Dbllunger
10 Point

Loc: Middle Tennessee

A freshly dead 3 legged bobcat with blood everywhere. Front left leg was missing and completely healed over. Next to the dead bobcat was the left broken antler from a six point buck. Month later 700 yards away while deer hunting, here came a six point buck with a broken left antler. I let him pass, figured he had been through enough

#3061645 - 12/03/12 05:40 PM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: Greenhead]
turk870
6 Point

Loc: centerville

Originally Posted By: Greenhead
Man! This is a really neat thread. As a kid I found a gravesite for 3 people out in he woods behind my neighborhood. Come to find out it was the farmers who owned the place way back when. A year or so after that I found where someone had dug them up. Why?
I know where there is a beech tree in Hickman county that has initials in it. 2 sets. One from the 30's and one from the 50's.
is this beech tree on old willamatte property off of morgans creek rd

#3061662 - 12/03/12 05:49 PM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: turk870]
Buckykm1
Thunder Chicken Man
10 Point

I really love reading this. I never thought i would get so many responses. I need to get out more. You guys are great.

#3061676 - 12/03/12 05:53 PM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: Dbllunger]
walker07
4 Point

Loc: tn, blount

About 18 years ago we were hunting Catoosa on an archery hunt. While scouting way back in the woods, I found a medicine bottle on top of some rocks. Out of curiosity I picked it up to examine the label(faded out and couldn't read), so I opened it up to find a surprise. Some fellow had wrote a long note folded up and left behind. The note was really pretty neat, he wrote about how they always came on a family hunting trip every year. He claimed to always take small radio and play music and spend more time relaxing and enjoying the outdoors. He also claimed he seen more deer than everybody he hunted with, claims they are curious with country playing softly!! He never signed or gave his name in the letter but referenced a brother in law by name and area they were from. A few years back with the Internet I started searching the brother in law and area they were from. The first name that looked to be a exact or very close affiliation I called was the older gentleman that had written the note. He laughed and said I was the first to ever call him, we talked for a good bit!!! He was a really nice guy, and claimed to have left letters all over Catoosa. Anybody else found 1 at Catoosa?
#3061887 - 12/03/12 07:31 PM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: turk870]
Greenhead
4 Point

No. Swan creek.

#3061895 - 12/03/12 07:33 PM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: walker07]
rem270
16 Point

Loc: south fulton

Originally Posted By: walker07
About 18 years ago we were hunting Catoosa on an archery hunt. While scouting way back in the woods, I found a medicine bottle on top of some rocks. Out of curiosity I picked it up to examine the label(faded out and couldn't read), so I opened it up to find a surprise. Some fellow had wrote a long note folded up and left behind. The note was really pretty neat, he wrote about how they always came on a family hunting trip every year. He claimed to always take small radio and play music and spend more time relaxing and enjoying the outdoors. He also claimed he seen more deer than everybody he hunted with, claims they are curious with country playing softly!! He never signed or gave his name in the letter but referenced a brother in law by name and area they were from. A few years back with the Internet I started searching the brother in law and area they were from. The first name that looked to be a exact or very close affiliation I called was the older gentleman that had written the note. He laughed and said I was the first to ever call him, we talked for a good bit!!! He was a really nice guy, and claimed to have left letters all over Catoosa. Anybody else found 1 at Catoosa?

Thats pretty neat \:\)

Its not what happens in life, but how you react to it that matters.

#3062003 - 12/03/12 08:08 PM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: rem270]
woodyard
4 Point

Loc: Dresden,TN

content Online
I was in a group that had a field leased up on top of a ridge overlooking the Cumberland River and Cross Creeks Refuge for goose hunting. We planted corn one year on about three acres. I think I was the first one to go hunting one year and while walking in to the pit , I saw an open grave with remanents of human skeleton laying on top of ground. It was an old,old grave lined with limestone slabs and had a few pushed aside on top. No marker stone was there( I had mowed and plowed the field before). Had one of our guys who was an Indian artifact guy take a look and decided it was probably someone on the river who died and they took the body up on the ridge and buried them. We reburied everything. We couldn't figure out how anyone would have found that exact spot to dig it up looking for artifacts. It made the hair stand up on my neck when I first saw it.
#3062040 - 12/03/12 08:23 PM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: woodyard]
JoeVaquero
4 Point

Loc: West Tn

This is the best thread ever! I'm hoping to find a duffle bag full of cash one of these days.
#3062110 - 12/03/12 08:56 PM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: JoeVaquero]
woodyard
4 Point

Loc: Dresden,TN

content Online
I always look for those duffel bags when I am in the Gulf.
#3062211 - 12/03/12 09:41 PM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: rem270]
plinker22
16 Point

Loc: Mountians of East Tennessee

Originally Posted By: rem270
 Originally Posted By: walker07

How cool. Best so far.
Thats pretty neat \:\)

#3066433 - 12/06/12 03:29 PM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: plinker22]
Crosshairy
10 Point

content Online
bump to the top for more stories \:\)

#3066445 - 12/06/12 03:39 PM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: Crosshairy]
infoman jr.
10 Point

Loc: Elizabethtown, KY

The thing on my right...

#3066511 - 12/06/12 04:19 PM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: infoman jr.]
TNbuckeye
4 Point

Loc: knox county, TN, USA

Your right or ours?? haha

Edited by TNbuckeye (12/06/12 04:19 PM)

Well the great thing about getting married is even if you don't marry a trophy wife you still get a participation ribbon.

#3066513 - 12/06/12 04:20 PM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: TNbuckeye]
Pic IN the Casa
14 Point

LOL Nice.

#3066519 - 12/06/12 04:23 PM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: TNbuckeye]
infoman jr.
10 Point

Originally Posted By: TNbuckeye
Your right or ours?? haha

I specifically said "my," goob!

#3066529 - 12/06/12 04:30 PM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: infoman jr.]
TNbuckeye
4 Point

Ooooohhh thought maybe you were the one holding the camera.
I am just messing with ya

Well the great thing about getting married is even if you don't marry a trophy wife you still get a participation ribbon.

#3066538 - 12/06/12 04:34 PM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: infoman jr.]
Buckykm1
Thunder Chicken Man
10 Point

Originally Posted By: infoman jr.
The thing on my right...

What is that thing.

#3066558 - 12/06/12 04:50 PM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: Buckykm1]
Slaughter-06
14 Point

Originally Posted By: Buckykm1
The thing on my right...

What is that thing.

Looks like some type of Tndeer varmit

#3066559 - 12/06/12 04:51 PM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: Brisco Darlin]
Slaughter-06
14 Point

Mound of fresh dirt about 7' long and 3' wide!
#3066562 - 12/06/12 04:52 PM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: Buckykm1]
infoman jr.
10 Point

Originally Posted By: Buckykm1
The thing on my right...

What is that thing.

No idea. It was on Ft. Knox. PIC, he was selling 7 mag ammo. I shoulda picked you up a box. ;-)

#3066590 - 12/06/12 05:19 PM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: infoman jr.]
milkey
6 Point

Loc: mosheim tn

have seen a lot of those at fort campbell.....had a buddy one time who was not in a place he should have been in... thought he was caught and belly crawled about 1/2 mile then i drove him around to the spot he saw them in ... he did not live that down for a long time

#3066598 - 12/06/12 05:23 PM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: infoman jr.]
Mossy Oak
8 Point

Loc: Montgomery Co.

The thing on my right...

When I was in the Army, we called those "Ivans."

Team Release and Catch Bowfishing

http://www.dirtnapgear.com/

#3066806 - 12/06/12 07:15 PM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: Mossy Oak]
TNbuckeye
4 Point

They are live fire targets. The military will set up a course of fire that resembles a platoon on patrol those are the enemy.

#3067358 - 12/07/12 06:47 AM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: TNbuckeye]
eweisner
8 Point

Loc: Portland, TN

Last time I saw those was through the night vision on Ft. Knox. The gunner forgot to change from .25 mm to the 240C coaxial machine gun and the sear hadn't been properly set....70 round burst of .25 mm at those things was a sight to see

http://confessionsofanovicebowhunter.wordpress.com

#3067491 - 12/07/12 08:12 AM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: eweisner]
Coach
16 Point

Loc: Pall Mall, TN and Dexter, MI

A rusted 1940's car and part of a stone chimney...right in the middle of the woods on a mountain

Eventus stultorum magister

Dean Business Supply, Llc

http://www.adam4d.com

#3067528 - 12/07/12 08:33 AM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: Coach]
Crow Terminator
TnDeer Old Timer
14 Point

Loc: McMinn County

Weirdest thing. Hmm. Well how can I say this and not get banned for life. Was fishing off Chickamauga Lake and went up in the mouth of Sewee Creek. Had went a little ways up there and noted something out of place hanging from a tree limb about 8 feet above the water. Was a "ladies pleasuring device" and controller hanging from the limb. No idea how it got there. But it was beside an area people can drive to and fish from the bank...and I guess that's not the only thing people do back in there.

On a more common note...was at LBL hunting and doing more scouting than hunting. I had walked for a good 4 hours and was making my way back towards the truck on a ridge top. I saw something laying at the base of a tree...and there on top of the ground was a fairly new Spyderco brand knife. I figured somebody had sat there and it fell out of their pocket.

I've also walked up on a hobo shanty or meth lab in a cedar thicket...was following a cattle trail and walked right up on it in the remains of an old chicken house. There were sleeping bags laid out on top of makeshift tables, and other personal effects inside the shed. I didn't know what meth labs were back then but looking back on it, it could have well been one because there were 2 liter soda bottles sitting everywhere under the shed and other things. There was a place they had built a fire but hadn't rekindled it but had been there over night. Could see the smoke coming from the burnt wood. I didn't see or hear anybody around but I figured they were close by. That is probably the most erie feeling I've ever had in the woods though. I was glad to have the ole Glock 40 with me that day...was out metal detecting when I came up on it and thus I found myself too paranoid to detect from that point on for fear of somebody creeping up behind me and jumping me....even being armed, it wasn't an easy feeling and I got out of there a lot faster than I went in.

#3067537 - 12/07/12 08:38 AM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: Coach]
Twinshooter
10 Point

Loc: Collierville, TN. USA

content Online
Early bow season in the early eighties, I found a small pot patch, and after making sure what it was, I began to see "Purple Rain" "Coming around the Bend" and "A Bad Moon Rising" then it "Was Alright Now".

#3067873 - 12/07/12 11:44 AM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: Twinshooter]
Winchester
Non-Typical

Some cool finds! Little bit of everything, what I can remember anyway, Pot patches, people having sex, helium ballon in Montgomery co that was from Northern Ill and won the 4'th grade class contest for being the farthest away when I called the # on it. Picture of a young lady on Goby mtn a couple years after a tornado. Steiner binocs on Ft Campbell along with all sorts of military stuff there. As a kid I found a huge stash of stolen stuff back in the woods behind my house, took my Dad and he called the police, which set up surveillance and busted a theft ring from Knoxville.
Moonshine still in KY, remains of meth lab. 2 deer caught in fences dead, one front leg of a deer torn off at the knee in a fence, actually saw the doe several times over the next 2 years in Robertson co.
Just this past Thanksgiving had my boys at a buddies place up on Clinch mtn doing some squirrel hunting with the dogs. Had killed 16 and 4 of which were Fox squirrels. Coming off the mtn toward the 4 wheeler my youngest says Dad you dropped one of the Fox squirrels, and picks up a freshly killed Fox squirrel with one front leg completely missing and all his internal organs and intestines had been pulled out through the hole and were gone. Wasnt ours as all were accounted for and we hadnt been anywhere near this area anyway. Must have scared a Hawk off his catch I guess, really weird as he was still warm and limp, while we are actually squirrel hunting??? Go figure.
lots of crazy stuff just cant remember it all.

#3068505 - 12/07/12 07:37 PM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: Winchester]
pressfit
10 Point

I took this with my first cell phone that had a camera iirc.. I had just hunted there 1 or 2 days before so I know it was fresh..

#3068519 - 12/07/12 07:46 PM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: pressfit]
Buckykm1
Thunder Chicken Man
10 Point

Wow, that's something.

#3068695 - 12/07/12 09:26 PM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: Buckykm1]
Dirty EC
Button

Loc: Middle TN

I found a couple 1863 Confederate State of Alabama one dollar bills laying on the ground last year during deer season. They were in good condition besides a corner that had been chewed by a squirrel. Both bills were in a protective plastic sleeve. Best I can figure is the storm in April 2011 that damaged Tuscaloosa and Huntsville carried it here. Found a few other pieces of paper here and there as well.

#3068765 - 12/07/12 10:33 PM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: Mr.x]
wskp11
6 Point

Loc: mid Tn

I've never found anything that wild in the woods, but a mechanic friend of mine in Sfla had a buddy of his find a suitcase with 400 grand in it out in the Everglades. Figure it must have been part of dope drop, we used to find drugs and money all the time in the 80's and 90's. Of course being a responsible person he told only his friends and spent it all.
#3068842 - 12/08/12 04:10 AM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: wskp11]
BamaProud
12 Point

Loc: Shelby County, TN

content Online
I lost a duffel bag full of money. If anyone finds it please return it to me. There is a reward. \:\)

#3070134 - 12/08/12 10:22 PM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: BamaProud]
156p&y
10 Point

Loc: Franklin Tn

We see all kinds of stuff. I found one of those "lady pleasuring devices as well". Had a guy walk in on me one day and light a bowl right under me, I had to mess with him and let him toke up and then started whispering to him. He started freaking out pretty bad. My dad one day kept hearing some noise and started following it, and he found some naked hippy guy playing a guitar on top of a ridge. It was pretty obvious my dad was damaged when I asked him what he saw at the end of the hunt and he just stared off into the distance and said "I only saw a naked guy playing a guitar". I almost peed my pants as he explained what happened

#3071805 - 12/09/12 10:37 PM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: 156p&y]
Crosshairy
10 Point

content Online
This junk is so funny/crazy/scary/disturbing...

These sorts of things would be awesome to compile into a coffee table book for TNDeer to publish. I'd pay $20 to have a hilarious compilation of stories that folks could read a few at a time when they came over.

TNDeer moderators - this is a money-making opportunity in the works!

#3071850 - 12/09/12 11:35 PM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: CATCHDAWG]
southernhunter
8 Point

Loc: alabama

. ( man I wish I had your luck ) happened to me but it was two dudes turns out there was a trail leading to a rest stop by the interstate .

#3071853 - 12/09/12 11:39 PM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: southernhunter]
catman529
spiderboy
16 Point

Loc: Franklin TN

Originally Posted By: Crosshairy

These sorts of things would be awesome to compile into a coffee table book for TNDeer to publish. I'd pay $20 to have a hilarious compilation of stories that folks could read a few at a time when they came over.

not a bad idea

Originally Posted By: southernhunter

. ( man I wish I had your luck ) happened to me but it was two dudes turns out there was a trail leading to a rest stop by the interstate .
"officer, I swear I thought they were deer...."

#3072130 - 12/10/12 08:44 AM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: catman529]
wskp11
6 Point

Loc: mid Tn

The misses was reading these and chuckling then reminded me about the Value Jet crash. I used to fish the cannel that ran along the site quite often and that morning I was going to with a buddy, but we ended covering a detail instead. If anyone flew them it was like flying in a train car.
#3072777 - 12/10/12 03:10 PM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: wskp11]
OldFart
6 Point

Loc: Aurora, CO 80012 USA

My friend, also an USAF member, and I were archery deer hunting in Colorado in 1963. I heard him yelling for me and thought he had possibly been hurt, so came over to him. He had found 15 handguns wrapped in oily rags inside a buried box just barely under the soil. He turned them in to the local sheriff who told him he could have them if nobody claimed them in 90 days. About the 89th day, he called the sheriff and nobody had claimed them. About the 92nd day he again called and the sheriff's office claimed someone had claimed them. Sounded a bit strange to me but what could we do about it? Ray
#3072828 - 12/10/12 03:30 PM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: catman529]
southernhunter
8 Point

Loc: alabama

Originally Posted By: catman529
 Originally Posted By: Crosshairy

Originally Posted By: southernhunter

"officer, I swear I thought they were deer...."
. I often think how funny it would've been if I had rack off 5 quick rounds through my semi auto 30/06 . . Poor guy bent over might've got the bad end of the deal that day . Lol

Edited by southernhunter (12/10/12 03:34 PM)

#3072860 - 12/10/12 03:47 PM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: BamaProud]
4dollar
Spike

Loc: Dickson

Originally Posted By: BamaProud
I lost a duffel bag full of money. If anyone finds it please return it to me. There is a reward. \:\)

In South Florida...Near the Everglades.

#3111709 - 01/06/13 02:49 PM Re: What Is The Wierdest Thing You Found In The Woods [Re: 4dollar]
BigPete357
6 Point

Loc: Columbia,TN

I am sure many of you Maury county hunters have seen this treasure.

Page all of 13 12345>Last »

Moderator:  RUGER, Unicam, gtk, Tennessee Todd, Lakeland Charlie, Cuttin Caller, CBU93, stretch, Outdoor Lady, TurkeyBurd, MAN, Bobby G, Kimber45, Crappie Luck, Kirk 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
bassassassin7, BBQ, Kornhunter, Afleming17, 260rem
13281 Registered Users
Who's Online
81 registered (brmaster, WRbowhunter, Twinshooter, Puddle duck, bigrob, Jcalder, 7 invisible) and 139 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13281 Members
42 Forums
85247 Topics
1030319 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.235 seconds in which 0.004 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.