Tndeer Logo

Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
#3047231 - 11/24/12 06:06 PM Millionaires Tax Rate 4X Middle Class
BMan
16 Point

Loc: Middle TN

Here's a "sorry to burst your bubble about taxes" article that every libtard needs to see:

The Millionaires Who Pay The Highest Tax Rates

According to new data from the IRS, people who make $1 million or more had an average tax rate of 20.4 percent in 2010. Tax filers who earned $30,000 to $50,000 paid an average rate of 4.8 percent, while those who made between $50,000 and $100,000 paid 7.7 percent. Those making under $30,000 had a negative effective rate, meaning they paid no federal income taxes after deductions and credits.

Put another way, millionaires pay a rate that’s more than four times that of the middle class.

#3048408 - 11/25/12 05:30 PM Re: Millionaires Tax Rate 4X Middle Class [Re: BMan]
guthooked
4 Point

Loc: Gibbs

Uh, first off, 100,000-150,000 is still considered middle-class for a combined family income. Secondly, those of us who aren't married and make around 100,000 pay more than 20%. So, I'm not real comfortable with this assessment. In fact, it kind of makes me angry. Do you know what your tax rate was? I'd venture a guess most ppl haven't figured it.

#3048410 - 11/25/12 05:32 PM Re: Millionaires Tax Rate 4X Middle Class [Re: guthooked]
BMan
16 Point

Go argue with the IRS; it's their numbers.

#3048503 - 11/25/12 06:30 PM Re: Millionaires Tax Rate 4X Middle Class [Re: BMan]
guthooked
4 Point

Loc: Gibbs

You posted it. Did you not want a response? Also, according to IRS link, those who earn over ten million a year only pay about 20 percent which is still five percent less than the 200,00-9million range (on average). So, the richest still pay a considerably lower rate than they should. Additionally, these are averages. They take into account married numbers etc.

#3048517 - 11/25/12 06:36 PM Re: Millionaires Tax Rate 4X Middle Class [Re: guthooked]
Rockhound
10 Point

Loc: Lawrence Co. TN

Originally Posted By: guthooked
You posted it. Did you not want a response? Also, according to IRS link, those who earn over ten million a year only pay about 20 percent which is still five percent less than the 200,00-9million range (on average). So, the richest still pay a considerably lower rate than they should. Additionally, these are averages. They take into account married numbers etc.

The richest made their money by working hard just as we do, they shouldn't pay a bigger % than anyone. Thats a damned good way to lose every job in the u.s.
Isaiah 40:31.... Those who wait upon The Lord .....shall renew there strength ......

#3048650 - 11/25/12 07:27 PM Re: Millionaires Tax Rate 4X Middle Class [Re: guthooked]
Fence Post
TnDeer Old Timer
10 Point

Loc: Bluff City,Tn. USA

So, the richest still pay a considerably lower rate than they should.

I must've heard this more times in the last three years than Doans has pills. Would some Lib please have the stones to fess up and post a percentage out here..........and stand by it.

#3048713 - 11/25/12 07:49 PM Re: Millionaires Tax Rate 4X Middle Class [Re: guthooked]
Wildcat
Non-Typical

Loc: Western Ky.

So, the richest still pay a considerably lower rate than they should.

That's BS. Most of that income is from INVESTMENTS which is taxed at a different rate, the SAME RATE YOUR INVESTMENTS ARE TAXED AT. The money they make from their business is still taxed at the higher rate like everybody else.

#3049020 - 11/26/12 01:29 AM Re: Millionaires Tax Rate 4X Middle Class [Re: Wildcat]
deerhunter10
10 Point

Loc: maury county tn

Either way even if the data is a little off if even the people who make under 30,000 would contribute even a little maybe the rest of America wouldn't have to suffer so much. The crazy thing is, is that when they created taxes they were suppose to be temporary now they are pretty much the main thing brought up in political discussions.

#3049109 - 11/26/12 06:26 AM Re: Millionaires Tax Rate 4X Middle Class [Re: guthooked]
BMan
16 Point

And your response was "those numbers are wrong." Call 1-800-829-1040 and let the IRS know they're wrong - I'm sure they'd love to benefit from your extensive knowledge of their statistics.

Why ANYONE thinks the rich should be paying more is amazing. Typical class envy that wants to punish those who work harder and achieve more. It just shows that the Kennedys and their ilk have managed to convince the non-thinkers in our society that success is evil - as they sit on their trusts full of dirty money and protect it to the death.

I noticed you did not address the fact (oops, it's IRS data, it obviously hasn't met your truth test) that a lot of people have a NEGATIVE tax rate - i.e. they receive money from the government rather than paying in. Why aren't you addressing that? Or is it because the free ride policy so perfectly aligns with your class envy position?

#3049269 - 11/26/12 08:30 AM Re: Millionaires Tax Rate 4X Middle Class [Re: guthooked]
waynesworld
8 Point

Loc: Mboro, Tennessee

Uh, first off, 100,000-150,000 is still considered middle-class for a combined family income. Secondly, those of us who aren't married and make around 100,000 pay more than 20%. So, I'm not real comfortable with this assessment. In fact, it kind of makes me angry. Do you know what your tax rate was? I'd venture a guess most ppl haven't figured it.

Gut so what is your def of middle class? Here is one quick post from Wikipedia:
Depending on class model used, the middle class may constitute anywhere from 25% to 66% of households.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_middle_class

So you may want to go way down on the income to truly catch the middle class. But that is all red haring as normal when people talk about the rich paying there fair percentage. In order to see what they really pay to the true income that is theirs you would have to understand a lot more of tax issues.

First is why does Buffet pay 20% when you look at the rates show anyone in that income has a 35% tax bracket? The answer is some of his earnings are dividends and capital gains that are taxed at a lower rate. They are because the business that made the profits have already paid taxes on them. So if I own a software company that earns 100 billion in income I pay a tax of 35% on it. Then I take my earnings out of the company in dividend and pay a 15% tax on that. Now add 15 + 35 is 50%. I know this bust the bubble for those Buffet fans.

O but yes you also have to look at the tax loopholes \:\) funny name sense most were created by the politicians. Most of these are the govt trying to influence you in to making a poor fiscal decision. Like hiring a disable person, or putting a labor intensive factory in the us. There are thousands of these in both personal tax and business tax. While some of these are good programs the problem is we use tax code to implement them and then blame the one group that pays for them.

The other way people cloud up the water is they throw the SS tax in there because the people under 110k have to pay it on all there income but the rich only pay it on the first $110k. So that is 6% right there. Now that would seem unfair but you have to go back what ss is for and that it maxes out what people can get. If you change it you would have to also change the benefit.

So for all you say the rich is not paying there fair share, what % of there income do you consider fair?

Edited by waynesworld (11/26/12 08:31 AM)

Page 1 of 2 12>

Moderator:  Crappie Luck, Tennessee Todd, RUGER, Unicam, stretch, Cuttin Caller, Bobby G, Kimber45 
Hop to:
Top Posters
RUGER
Deer Assassin
BSK
Crappie Luck
spitndrum
Newest Members
Urban deer Hunter, Mclem135, Cch, Timberninja31, Claims Rep.
13266 Registered Users
Who's Online
7 registered (Fearless, WhitesCreek, ImThere, rabbit hunter, keystonecop, 2 invisible) and 58 anonymous users online.
Forum Stats
13266 Members
42 Forums
92902 Topics
1085471 Posts

Max Online: 788 @ 11/11/13 08:06 PM
Moon Phase
CURRENT MOON
September
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Forum Donations
The TnDeer.Com Deer Talk Forum is for Tennessee Deer Hunters by Tennessee Deer Hunters. If you enjoy using our Talk Forum and would like to contribute to help in it's up-keep. Just submit your contribution by clicking on the DONATE button below and paying with PayPal or a major credit card. Any amount is much appreciated. Thanks for your support!

TN Burn Safe

Generated in 0.091 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.